[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 124 KB, 367x460, Daiteikoku.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12268513 No.12268513[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Why are so many japanese games, manga, anime and other forms of similar entertainment full of historical revisionism?

Is this some sort of a silly pussyboy comeback for WW2? Like: "we didn't beat gaijin IRL, so we'll beat their asses in the games and fuck their 2D women".

>> No.12268521

>>12268513
Yes.

>> No.12268537

>>12268513
Yes.

>> No.12268543

>>12268513
>>12268521
>>12268537
Yes we all saw your post, this board is just slow.

Anyway a lot of it isn't what you'd call "revisionism" since it isn't meant to be taken as factual. It's alternate history fiction, just like that "man in the high castle" book. It's fiction, you know, like that one guy's novels about people going crazy in hotels, and God setting off atomic bombs after the zombie apocalypse and shit.

>> No.12268588
File: 201 KB, 233x592, 1394238186064.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Alternate history is fun. Don't you like imagining what the world would be like if the axis won? I'm betting we wouldn't have all have pcs in our homes in 2014 and internet would still be restricted to military use, but we'd have fully functional (iykwim) robot servants and far more convenient methods of traveling than plane or vehicles.

>> No.12268591

>>12268588
Not me though you fucking kike.

>> No.12268595

>>12268591
Don't use racial slurs, wetback.

>> No.12268603

>>12268513
Because nobody likes to be the loser?

Especially 'murrika. Even when they technically lost 'Nam, they still paint it as an act of "heroism" to counter the Commie devils.

>> No.12268615

>>12268603
Technically we were never in a war in Vietnam. Even when the jerks-in-charge were drafting people and just randomly tossing their lives/health/sanity away over there because it's what their primitive computer simulations said was appropriate to do.

Call that revisionism-in-advance, if you will. But nobody considered sane in the U.S. is claiming it was a good idea now.

>> No.12268633

>>12268615
It wasn't revisionism, it was because the US declaring war might have caused the Soviet Union to also declare war and we would have had World War III when the varies ally countries also declared war.

>> No.12268644

>>12268633
Still an excuse to cover up for their apparent fuck up. The US government will never admit it.

>> No.12268652
File: 181 KB, 480x640, agent_orange.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12268633
Well hey, claiming that one thing is something else, that it's not, is called "lying" where I'm from. And it was obvious to the whole world that we were sending soldiers there, regardless of what we were calling it at the time.
But you're right, it wasn't fibbing for its own sake, there were all kinds of motivations such as not having to give anybody very good rational reasons for the "conflict." Just analogies about tooth decay, and saying it all was a clear and present danger. Glad that shit turned out to be wrong.

>> No.12268673 [DELETED] 

>meet jewish girl
>she is nice and very cute, she asks me if I want to watch the Fiddler on the Roof with her next week
>ask her where she keeps here jew shekels
>she looks offended
>tell her I know everything about her business and Illuminati meetings and that they crucified Christ and invented communism and feminism
>she starts crying
>tell her I know those crocodile tears and that she's gonna come up with the Holohoax and six trillion
>shouting NEVA FORGET OY VEY THE HOLOCAUST 6 TRILLION OF US DIED in top of my lungs
>she is shaking and close to the edge crying and sobbing, people start gathering around, I hear someone mentioning the police
>keep shouting RON PAULBERG HE HE HE STUPID GOY GOOD GOY MARRY A JEW GIRL THEY'RE WHITE JUST LIKE YOU
>police arrives and arrest me
>I show them my tattoo of the text of the First Amendment of the US constitution on my chest and show a nazi salute
>I start shoting ZOG WAKE UP AMERICA WHITE COUNTRIES FOR EVERYBODY ITS HAPPENING WHY DIDNT YOU STOP IT as they're taking me away

>> No.12268839 [DELETED] 
File: 314 KB, 1024x768, enigmasashiooverhead.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12268588
People of Britain in Exile and the True Commonwealth, it is my grave duty to inform you tonight that our League of Free Nations, formed with the friendship of our great and noble ally the Empire of Nippon, has entered a state of war with the United States of America and the Empire of Germany.

Let me reiterate that Britain in Exile has been in a continuous state of war with Imperial Germany since 1914, and this has not changed.

I do not know how many millions of people are listening to us over the radio tonight, in Europe and Asia, in Africa and the Americas. I will tell you this: war is a terrible and fearful thing, the more so when it engulfs the entire world. Thus it is with no pleasure that I set forth the reasons why the League's war is a just war and indeed, the only option open to us.

The Kaiser cites the economic prosperity of his Weltreich to justify the Hun's iron grip on the throat of Europe. It is true that as the years have passed, much of the damage the Great War inflicted upon Euriope has been repaired.

Nevertheless, the greatest part of Europe's wealth flows into German coffers. Members of the German nobility hold the highest political and military offices. Democracy has been subordinated to autocratic privilage. Schools and roads and hospitals exist in abundance within the borders of Germany.

Europe west of the Russias has, in essense, been converted into a gigantic fief of Kaiserliche Deutschland, a powerful body whose sole purpose is to feed its strength to the German aristocracy. The proud democratic traditions of Britain and France have been smothered in their beds.

Except for us. Except for the nations pledged to the Crown in Exile and to the ideals of Liberty held by the League of Free Nations.

>> No.12272852

im savin this thread

>> No.12273028

>>12268513
I think it was Otsuka that said that otaku culture is, historically, full of alternate histories and these histories end up replacing real ones. It's a product of postwar escapism, but this alone isn't revisionism. Yamato, while masked, was still about liberal ideals.

Many otaku today are pretty conservative and thus would like to play the victim in order to justify aggression on their end. It ties into efforts to change their constitution to allow an army. Many works now turn war into a kind of trivial game. That's revisionism similar to what Aum Shinrikyo did to sucker in members.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action