[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 101 KB, 600x450, 1204335194838.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
121575 No.121575 [Reply] [Original]

so /jp/ i've became a little more interested in visual novels, however i find the medium a little frustrating, because of the amount of clicking you have to perform to advance in a game, trying to play one of them nearly gave me a case of RSI. while the auto-forward option exists in most, i find even the faster speeds for it fall bellow my reading speed

but i'm curious to why there isn't any that are literally interactive anime, if the in-between sections towards decision points were more like that i think i could have found it much more bearable to play one. with the budgets the mainstream studios must have it can't be an impossibility, and these days disk capacity should be not much of an issue, doubly so with the advent of blu-ray based devices.

random unrelated pic.

>> No.121584

School Days is exactly what you describe.

>> No.121602

A single visual novel route for a long-ish one lasts ~5 hours (assumption based on my own reading speed). The whole of the visual novel would be 15+ hours (assuming that most have at least 3 routes). Now consider this: 15 hours is even more time than it takes to watch a whole season's worth of episodes, including OP/ED. In short, the anime with a visual novel interface would require at least a full season's budget poured into it. That or it would be significantly shorter, in which case making a bunch of OVAs would be better.

TL;DR - seems to inconvenient for the anime industry for these to ever exist

>> No.121615

>>121584
This.

It's a bunch of animated+voice acted scenes that are tied together by choice sections.

>> No.121631
File: 115 KB, 261x315, 1204452457218.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Oh hai. My tiem now?

>> No.121638

so watch the anime versions instead

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action