[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 26 KB, 640x480, 1201125353889.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1185 No.1185 [Reply] [Original]

>‘Come, Father Zeus; come, all you blessed immortals with him; see what has happened here - no matter for laughter nor yet forbearance. Aphrodite had Zeus for father; because I am lame she never ceased to do me outrage and give her love to destructive Ares, since he is handsome and sound-footed and I am a cripple from my birth; yet for that my two parents are to blame, no one else at all, and I wish they had never begotten me. You will see the pair of lovers now as they lie embracing in my bed; the sight of them makes me sick at heart. Yet I doubt their desire to rest there longer, fond as they are. They will soon unwish their posture there; but my cunning chains shall hold them both fast till her father Zeus has given me back all the betrothal gifts I bestowed on him for his wanton daughter; beauty she has, but no sense of shame.’

Homer, Odyssey.

Hephaestus = So ronery ;_;

>> No.3172
File: 22 KB, 185x212, 1183.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1185
Ha ha ha. Hephaestus: The Original "All Women are Whores."

BTW Related interesting reading:

The Net was a term in alchemy for a copper-antimony alloy, named for its crystaline "net" like surface separated by interstices & thought to be one step in the creation of the philosopher's stone. It was discovered by the American alchemist George Starkey aka Eirenaeus Philalethes, who believed the ancient Greek & Roman myths were really encoded recipes for substances needed in the creation of the philosophers stone.

It was in the particular myth of the god Hephaestus (the medieval alchemical term for fire) finding his wife Aphrodite (alchemical symbol for copper) in bed with the god Ares (whose symbol meant iron in alchemy), that inspired Starkey for the experiment which led to the discovery and creation of the substance he called "The Net".

In the myth, the god Hephaestus (fire) hung Aphrodite & Ares from a high ceiling with an especially crafted metal net, being the craftsman of the gods, as punishment. The creation process included antimony regulus being reduced from antimony sulfide aka stibnite by the addition of iron from whence the influence of Ares in the alloy comes. Isaac Newton, in his private notes, wrote how he himself followed the steps to the creation of 'the net' and took to Starkeys theory that the Classical mythology was indeed a collection of secret formulas in the creation of a metaphysical substance, which Newton pursued covertly for fear of being ostracized in his time.

Pic Related.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action