[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 284 KB, 620x877, 1357105374132.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11732531 No.11732531 [Reply] [Original]

The National Autistic Society conducted a survey of 81 young adults with autism and Asperger syndrome to investigate their putative 'special relationship' with Visual Novels. The survey confirmed our assumption from anecdotal evidence that adults with autism spectrum disorders associate far more strongly with Saber than with other visual novel characters.
For some, Saber can inspire previously unthinkable leaps of emotion, imagination and symbolic play.
Saber can be a point of entry to the world of communication and learning.
Saber serves an important role as a comfort blanket / friend in a friendless world for many adults with autism.
The calm and clear narration which exaggerates and 'swords' changes clearly.
The easy to follow storylines, where something usually goes wrong but it is resolved by the end of the route.
The still background and scenery. (Adults with autism can be easily distracted by detail and small changes either in sound or movement.)
The easily recognisable and bold hair colours and styles.
The 'friendly' faces whose expressions are exaggerated and are set for some time and so can be understood. "Without doubt it is the faces on each character which first attracted his interest. The expression on the faces never changes and he knows they won't talk back to him!"
The accuracy of the figures. Most interestingly, copies of the licensed toys are recognised instantly as being less accurate by some enthusiasts and are rejected as 'not being Saber'. "They notice a difference in things very easily and so it is important that these little models are exactly the same as the ones on the screen."
The predictability of the roles played by different characters."
The suitability of Saber for identification, listing and collecting, all common characteristics of many grown men with autistic traits.

http://www.autism.org.uk/about-autism/our-publications/reports/our-policy-and-research-reports/men-with-autism-and-saber

>> No.11732534

>>11732532
You're already a member, Anon-kun!

>> No.11732532

How do I join this esteemed society?

>> No.11732539

>>11732534
I don't know what to say. This is the happiest moment of my life.

>> No.11732574

>>11732531
I am so lost, can you condense the most basic concept to me?
Is it saying autistic people identify more with Saber?

>> No.11732609

Saber is a goddess.

>> No.11732956
File: 175 KB, 850x1558, 1361057380906.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.11733287

>>11732531

>404

I 100% legit believed this, OP. Nice one.

>> No.11733809

>>11732532
Be on /jp/
Doesn't realize he's already part of the "esteemed" autistic society.

>> No.11733827

But I love Saber and her ideals as a king are absolutely beautiful. I don't care if the other kings mock her, I'll follow her to autistic hell and back.

>> No.11733853

>>11733809
Although you have shown yourself to be somewhat considerate of the nature of the board by refraining from using the quote feature as a "greentext story factory", as well as using some punctuation and capitalization, you have nonetheless failed to veil the true nature of your post, which is evidently the "greentext story" style, for which I presume you have previously been ridiculed for using while browsing this board.
Furthermore, you have bumped the thread with little contribution to the discussion.
Although posting with your own commentary or opinion is not discouraged, posts with more relevant information for discussion should be the ones which bump a thread, allowing people browsing to see the new information. Posts without new information should politely sage to make room for threads with more important content.
The decision of using sage is left up to the poster, and it is thus the responsibility of the poster to determine if his or her post is actually contributing enough to warrant a bump.
You are on the right track to becoming a literate individual, however there exists a deeper understanding of the English language, which is called Grammar. This concept is quite important to forming coherent discussions on the internet, as it forms a standard interface through which ideas can be shared. More details about Grammar can be found online, at grammarbook.com
Good luck to you on your future posts.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action