[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 121 KB, 874x914, tsundere_jet_by_antiiheld-d5rwskp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11062729 No.11062729 [Reply] [Original]

I am close to familiarizing myself to the Kana but I have a hard time organizing and setting up my study plan for the 2k Kanji (that you need).

What I would like to know is a few things:

1. Are there are videos giving a demonstration of the Heisig Method by showing the first 20 and what it looks like in the real world? What does his desk look like? Is he forming the story? How exactly? Is he forming the story then practicing the stroke order on graph paper? If one were to do the first two or so Kanji, how would it LOOK like?

2. While learning the Kanji, should I create my own mnemonic for the most well used Yunomi and Onyomi? (I could possibly use the KanjiDamage pronunciation mnemonics but I worry about reusing keywords).

Or should I worry about the pronunciations after learning the meanings?

3. Should I worry about grammar as I learn the meaning in the Kanji? Or just focus on the Kanji and/or pronunciations?

I am a very visual learner with partial photostatic memory. My main goal is to become proficient in Japanese and possibly become a teacher/tutor/translator as a career.

TY so much!

>> No.11062732

>Heisig

Come up with your own mnemonics, you unimaginative fuck. That's the point of mnemonics.

Reported because you're a fucking idiot.

>> No.11062827

>>11062732
That would require me to learn the primitives and worrying about recreating a mnemonic by accident. This is quicker.

Anyone respectable want to help a guy out. Please?

>> No.11062896

1) I dont know a video would work for this or if one exists, The first few chapters you use his stories and he teaches you to make your own. This isnt that difficult a concept

2) Personally speaking, I think learning readings through learning kanji isnt that great, it would be much better for you to learn the readings through learning your vocabulary, if you want to recite its kunyomi/onyomi readings whilst you write them out though, feel free.

3) You should focus on grammar, kanji and vocabulary all at the same time after learning kana. Without grammar you cant start translating materials, which is a much more fun way of learning than doing 5+ hours of anki reps.

>> No.11062912

>>11062827
Kill yourself.

>> No.11062938
File: 42 KB, 472x472, あ.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11062827
You don't have to learn shit. The whole reason mnemonics work is because you remember them, usually because they're personal to you. If 垣 looks like your mate Johnny that time he kicked a window in, good for you, you'll now definitely remember it. If you have to be told it's a man leaping into a bed, you'll have to actively memorize that.

Download Anki and do your reps, you stupid faggot.

>> No.11062954
File: 51 KB, 474x362, Crown Princess Masako & Princess Aiko.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11062938
We're here to laugh at you.
You were way off fMr.Bully.

>> No.11063045

>>11062938
I've found Heisigs mnemonics to work very well for me. When he calls a Bushu as a tophat or a mouth, I instantly remember it as the keyword. I just have a hard time on the actual study planning. That's all.

Anyone with experience please help out.

>> No.11063083

>>11062896
Thank you.

>> No.11063160 [DELETED] 

>>11062896
Where did you personally get your kanji/vocab from? Or well anyone else.

I'm having a hard time finding something even though I have practically everything that is recommended downloaded.

I think Heisig is too abstract for me and I'm not sure if I'll be able to work well with mnemonics, even less so if they're made by other people.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action