[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 19 KB, 640x480, What the hell am I doing.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10988289 No.10988289 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /jp/ have you guys played Fantasy maiden wars scarlet? Its suppose to be like the "super robot wars" games.

I'm kinda new to them and the manual only gives me the basics of what I should be doing. Does anyone here who has played them give some tips please?

>> No.10988294
File: 180 KB, 600x576, Alice feels alone.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Also how do I make the screen bigger? I don't see any options for it.

>> No.10988314
File: 273 KB, 700x900, Don't be sad Alice.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I guess this wasn't the right place to ask?

Sorry.

>> No.10988322

>>10988314
Jesus shut the fuck up you whiny faggot. Your thread has only been here for 8 minutes.

>> No.10988340

I played the one that was translated and it was kind of hard

>> No.10988370 [DELETED] 
File: 396 KB, 601x850, 1369881186937.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10988314

>> No.10988386
File: 203 KB, 849x1202, Alice misses Marisa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10988370

I'm just going to retry from the beginning since I just read that you only get less exp from enemies and bosses just go into defense mode if you attack them.

>> No.10988479
File: 72 KB, 414x248, 1369267207677.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Not the same, is any hope for getting Gensou Shoujo Taisen 2 translated? I already finished it but it would be nice to get the story

>>10988289
just get everyone flying, and try to diferentiate between those who are good from distance (accuracy penalty, but evasion bonus) and those who're good at front (accuracy bonus, evasion penalty)
That and learn the differences between focused move and unfocused, and flight and land (get terrain bonuses, but lose movement) Finally save character skills and their most powerful attacks for the spellcards, the faster you kill them less damage they do

Here's a walkthrough http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Gensou_Shoujo_Taisen/Story_Mode_%28Kou%29

>> No.10988481

>>10988386
Also what stage are you having problems in?

>> No.10988546
File: 36 KB, 640x480, Super Marisa.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10988479

Holy damn you are a life saver.

>>10988481

It's not that I was having problems, I was just new to the game and I didn't want to screw up my girls stats. Plus, I didn't know that you're suppose to get graze points to level up skills until the second level.

I love the game so far.

>> No.10988564

>>10988546
For marisa, try to focus her stats into evasion and magic, same for alice. For skils, unfocused/focused are the most useful, at level 4 they give you movement/range, therefore you should usually stick to 1. Same with defense/evasion

>I love the game so far.

It's one of my favorite touhou related games, and make me interested in the SRW franchise. they also have a lot of references to mecha and stuff, like Youmu's "sword that cuts evil"

>> No.10988577

Just to let everyone know, there's a trial for the 3rd one one out.
Haven't tried it yet, but from the name I assume it's based on Imperishable Night.

>> No.10988601
File: 50 KB, 800x800, Marisa sees the thread.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10988564

I often get crash's though. I use apploc, but I'm on windows 7 so their isn't much I can do can I?

>>10988577
Thanks for the heads up.

>> No.10988595

> give some tips please?

Use your fucking Seishin/Spirit Commands

Seishin and Equipment is what make noupgrade-nocarryover bonus over runs possible.

Don't Splurge your finishers on small fry.
Bombs are pretty legit, albeit weak substitute for MAP attacks, might as well use them to break through barrages because you can't really hoard them.

Youmu is your best unit in Kou [at least for speedrunning purposes, because Yell boosting your power early on is incredibly good, specially if power/will affects your stats like it should in a SRW-like]

Enjoy having no costs applied to units you're fielding while you can, probably my least favorite thing about the 2nd and 3rd games of GST.

>> No.10988610

>>10988577
Its only 3 stages, but it has the 2-man squad system [probably spoofing IN and SA partner system]

You get the Seirensen [Palanquin Ship] as a battleship too, its pretty cool.

>> No.10988613

So you started on Marisa huh? You should do the Yuuka challenge.

>> No.10988619

Why is Full Upgrade/Ace Bonus in GST so bad [+10 starting power or Waifu Skill increase]

You think they would get create with them because touhou powers are as dynamic Mecha asspullery but nope.

>> No.10988646

>>10988577
Any links?
Apparently the main site only have the upgrades since the trial isn't uploaded there. I remember downloading gsw02 from here and the jp only have the

>>10988610
that was apparent given the end in the second game

>> No.10988662
File: 215 KB, 850x599, Friends.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10988613

>Yuuka challenge.

What's that? And Marisa was the first character I saw when I first got into Touhou so I always choose her. Its a good thing she is in most of the games.

>> No.10988680

>>10988646
Go look on pooshlomer's GST thread

not getting it for you because at work and that place likes to get shitbombed from time to time

>> No.10988683

>>10988662
fire master spark at yuuka

then try to beat her

>> No.10988684

>>10988610
>2-man squad system
Does this mean I can finally make my Sanae Reimu buddy cop fantasy a reality?

ONE'S A ENERGETIC CITY GIRL WITH EVERYTHING TO PROVE
ONE'S A NO-NONSENSE COUNTRY GAL WITH NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE
TOGETHER THEY ARE GENSOKYO'S ONLY HOPE

MIKO FORCE ONE

>> No.10988696

>>10988683

Gotcha. I'm sure I'll have learned the game by then so if its an extra challenge I will be looking forward to it.

Does it happen on normal though?

>> No.10988713

>>10988680
It's still alive? I remembered being spammed to oblivion with horse shit. Anyway thanks

>> No.10988755
File: 838 KB, 1000x923, b96091c171faff82555903c219bb5dfe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10988696
You'll probably die, a lot especially in stage 6+
So always at every turn start, and try to be as conservative as you can,
Usually the only good thing about rushing is good items and capturing the spellcards.
Also good luck.
Yukka challenge means she starts using her master spark, which is an area attack and can kill any character, besides that she has images which means 50% dodge and a shitload of hp

>>10988680
Thanks again, here it is for those interested
https://mega.co.nz/#!P5ZVmYya!Njm7BGD1nrOAKkyHhWUmGChDdkF4ai59qMLn_6pZtms

>> No.10988791

>>10988601
Applocale is a piece of buggy shit. Change your unicode region settings instead. You can run any .jp game if you do.

Also, Use all of the Touhous, but it might be cost-efficient to have one in particular that gets the most WP. Graze too, it's a valuable resource that you should track. Upgrading attacks is too cost/benefit unbalanced in this game, so spend your money on upgrades. HP is a decent investment on any unit, and determine whether a unit that needs a defensive boost will benefit more from armor or from evasion. Cirno is better than she seems. Daiyousei is SO good. "Focused" or "unfocused movement" skill is a good way to increase damage on the cheap.

>> No.10988826

>>10988755
>kill any character

I'll be looking forward to that.

>>10988791

That's some good info, did you learn all that by playing the game?

>> No.10989003
File: 1.95 MB, 500x375, 1359610858498.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10988826
Yes, I'm a veteran of SRPGs, especially of Super Robot Wars games, and this is pretty fun. I'm on the final stage [SPOILER ALERT: THE FINAL BOSS IS FLANDRE], but my computer lags now when I play it, so it might be a while before I beat her.

Oh, right. If you do a support attack, the range of the attack your supporter uses depends on her position, not the attacker's position. This means that you should pretty much always have Keine up front and center.

>> No.10989538

oh I remember now, I got to the stage where you fight sakuya and I couldn't beat her before she retreated no matter what.

>> No.10989598

So, I'm decided to give the second game a try since it's pretty ovbious that we won't get a translation any time soon, and I try to patch the downloaded version from 1.0.0 to 1.0.8 wich is the latest version and all... yet when I do that, the window keeps saying 1.0.0

anyone got a prepatched version or is willing to give a helping hand on this matter?

>cannot wait to be destroyed by the waves of bosses on the last arc

>> No.10989628

>>10989598

Heh, I was on that stage on Hard mode before I restarted to go on normal.

>> No.10989632

>>10989628

Crap meant for this.

>>10989538

>> No.10990237

>>10988289
Figure out who is Real and Super Archetypes.
(Heavy hitters, tanks, dodgers, ect.)
every and any SRW parody or straight game will have this.

Save your "Spirit" or bosses.

>> No.10990859

How are tank characters suppose to get graze points?

>> No.10991202

I managed to get up to Flandre, and somehow managed to get to QED. Then I got raped into oblivion. Does anyone care to share some tips for fighting her?

>> No.10991308

I read a Lets Play on this. It's really cool what the designer did with the story. It really made it approachable and internally consistent with all the different characters in Gensokyo

>> No.10992834

>>10988294
SIZER it's an app, it's ace.

>> No.10992838

>>10990237
For Marisa being the super route character she hella feels more like a real.

She's like the Zeta if were stuck in Waverider mode.

>> No.10992842

>>10989538
That was kinda easy if you just had Marisa Accel spam to sakuya's escape point

don't even need to bomb through barrages

>> No.10997435

Wait, what's this talk about beating Yuuka? That's insane. Inspector-tier?

>> No.11000920

>>10997435
There's no regen/healing terrain in that stage so in a way, it's harder for me.

>> No.11003096

Overall tips: Use EVERYONE. There's only 9 characters anyway, it's not like you'll really have to be picky. Every single character has some kind of role that they can fill, so stick to their guns.
Reimu: Probably best unit over-all. Boost her dodge as much as want as quckly as possible. A point or 2 early on and an extra one later will have her dodging pretty much everything all game, with good damage output. Un/focus Movements will only help her. Don't worry about her magic, she has tons of ammo skills. Do give her a firefly stone or whatever for night levels later in the game.
Marisa: I love Marisa, but FUCK this version. Hate this bitch. She has horrible stats and worse luck for me. Always have a healer nearby, cause she can't dodge shit, and doesn't have the health or defense to be a tank. Throw points into her... everything whenever it's convenient. I find unfocused movement helps a lot with already boosted movement range. She eventually /does/ get kinda better, since her whole plot is about improving herself and getting more damaging skills and whatnot. She's usable by the end, but I fucking hate her every step of the way there.
Oh, yeah. She DOES have the stupidly useful seishou ability to double experience, so let her get last hits on bosses with it activated. She'll quickly level up past your average, which will help her.

>> No.11003118

>>11003096
Nitori and Keine: Both are basically your main damage sponges for the game. For the majority of the time, Keine is better in every way. Has more health, defense, better attacks, everything. They both have Support Attack, while Nitori also has support defend. You can throw points into those abilities for more of them, but I personally prefer the defense up abilities. Makes them even tankier, since they won't be dodging anything. Boost their defenses and health points. Give Nitori Focus movement, since her main damage dealer is a stationary range attack, and give Keine Unfocused. She really needs it.
Use both of them to soften up baddies for your squishier compatriots, but let them get kills every now and then. They need the exp and Graze points.
Before I forget: Wife points. Both of these gals are good wife potentials, with Nitori gaining the ability to use items on adjacent allies and Keine giving them a small boost in experience. Reimu is also really good, since she can do an attack that deals more damage to Youkai for no more mp costs. Marisa can do a universally stronger attack, but at ridiculous magic costs. Not worth :/

>> No.11003156

>>11003096
Youmu and Alice: Similar in functions, but different executions. If Reimu is your main course of dodging and attacking, these are your sides. Youmu NEEDS Unfocused movment, since she has little range. Her seishou ability to auto-boost power is amazing. She'll be running ahead and ripping enemies apart in no time. You /can/ make her tanky alternatively, but her low health makes it kind of silly. Focus on her speed, giving her some defense just in case. Same deal with Alice. Give her the ability that starts with 5 more power so she can access sacrificial doll immediately. With her decent health, nifty dodging, good range, and best-in-game skill, she'll be carving paths with critical hits wherever you send her. Seriously consider upgrading her attacks early if you're having trouble- she can one-shot small enemies hella often.
Both wife abilities are meh. Alice gets to summon a doll, but if it dies (and it will) it costs points to repair. Lame Youmu gets to activate Parry no matter what, but it only works on small attacks anyways, sooooo... useless against bosses. Oh, well. (Unless I'm wrong, but it never once worked for me)

>> No.11003175

>>11003096
Rumia: An odd sort of tank with a lot of HP, low skill (that BEGS for that one ability that raises evasion for low skill levels), and an inherent ability that weakens enemy lasers. So use her for... enemy lasers. They hit her like cotton. She can also heal 1/3 her own HP, which is nice. Offensively, she needs that ability that gives her 5 power early and Unfocused movement. She's not too strong, but I kinda had fun with her. Raise her defense, HP, and that's about it.
I forgot to mention earlier to raise Alice and Youmu's skill levels. The more crits those 2 do, the better.

>> No.11003225

>>11003096
Cirno: Weak offensively, but a fantastic dodger due to her small size. She has sadly already had stats raised, so raising her evasion and skill even more will cost a lot, but that's up to you. She doesn't really /need/ defense and HP, though, because she can REDUCE ALL DAMAGE TO 10 (15 for crits). Too strong. Plus, she has small health regen, so she'll get it back on her own. So fuckin baller. Use her to bait enemies. She won't ever deal too much damage, but put whatever abilities you think are appropriate. She can kinda handle herself fine, so get some better advice than mine for her.
Daiyousei: Your standard healer that is again, baller. IMMEDIATELY give 20 wife points to her. Makes her heals free instead of costing magic. She has enough health and defense for about 1 hit, so don't squander it. She and Keine have a seishou that allows good ranged healing, but spare them for when Daiyousei CAN'T save someone with a normal heal. Plus she gets experience for healing a partner relative to her TARGET's experience (so high levels Marisa getting hurt = high level Daiyousei). That doesn't happen with seishou. She's also pretty good at landing minimal damage, so she can earn some graze from last hits easily on the fairies around the time you get her. Put points into Unfocus movement so she can move (and thus heal) farther. Defense or dodge skills are also good ideas. Boost her evasion, and defense if you can. DO NOT USE HER PARTNER DEFEND ABILITY. That would be stupid, for obvious reasons. Why would you block your tank with your healer? So dumb.
Cirno's and Rumia's wife abilities each act on-hit, applying a temporary movement reduction and accuracy reduction respectively. Good against dangerous bosses if you need someone to survive.

>> No.11003261

>>11003096
More Overall: Just play smart. Save your seishou abilities for bosses overall, cause small fry don't need it. Same thing with magic and big spells. Most bosses have multiple spellcards, so use 1-2 big attacks to take down health bars quickly before the bosses rape you (Keine, Youmu+ eventually Reimu and Marisa all have big boss killing moves. use them). I never really had much need for bombs except for Flandre's survival spell, but they can make things easier overall if you need it and deal some free area damage.
Use tanks to soak up little attacks from small fry, heal them with Dai or careful use of seishou/ items (you can't buy them, so use them sparingly) while damage dealers and dodgers clean up the rest. Weaker people get the scraps every now and then for Graze. Travel on the ground when possible, because air movement takes magic. Not an issue, but it will help you save up for attacking bosses.
Once you /get/ to the bosses, well... kinda keep doing what you've been doing. Tanks deal what damage they can while taking brutal hits (or defending weakened people), Dai keeps running around healing peeps, everyone uses dodging and damage seishou's when necessary. I forgot to say that Nitori eventually gets an ability that halves damage taken for a turn, which is VITAL for defending people late game. Bosses get vicious, and will NOT hold back. Weak people need not take direct hits.
As a final note: I save scummed. Take a stupid hit? Reload. You can play through more legit than I did, but it will take better skills and luck than mine. It IS possible to do a no-death run, though, or you can abuse the retry feature to get more points at the cost of no wife points on a level. You're choice.

>> No.11003281

>>10992838
It's funny she's super (due to her philosophy), because she should actually be way more real than Reimu.

Reimu is powered by supernatural bloodline powers, Marisa is proudly the "Ordinary Magician" who worked hard to learn everything she has.

>> No.11003294
File: 148 KB, 850x751, Friendship.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11003096

>Marisa can't dodge shit.

Alice and Reimu friendship bonuses (+10 to acc/eva) stack on Marisa. At least I think they do.

>> No.11003297

>>10997435
Yes, she's the first game's inspector.

But that's not all, you can make her more difficult if you want! Normally she just stands there throwing sunflowers at you. However, if you use Marisa's Master Spark on her...watch out!

>> No.11004041

>>11003297
>However, if you use Marisa's Master Spark on her...watch out!
I... I don't remember using Master Spark on her on my playthrough. Is there a Youtube video or something? I want to see that. I do.

>> No.11004082

>>10988577
Is Parsee in it? I think I remember seeing some SA characters.

>> No.11005884

>>11004041
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CBVO2zUAVw&t=10m8s

The music even changes just for this! Though I feel it should be the other way around.

>> No.11005942

>>11005884
Nice. Thanks.

>> No.11007306

How are you even suppose to get close to Yuuka much less defeat her? Sakuya comes after you on the 7th turn and you have to have 3 girls to hold her back.

>> No.11009459

OP here, I haven't been able to play the game for very long but I've managed to get to Yuuka. Is their something I'm missing here?

Also why does Sakuya suddenly start attacking Dai when she had been attacking Nitori for the past 20 turns?

>> No.11009464
File: 84 KB, 639x478, Yuuka has been sparked.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11009459

Pic was deleted?

>> No.11009488

>>11005884
>Graze!
>4k damage, dies

>> No.11010886

The first game was translated to completion, seemingly out of nowhere as far as I was concerned.
I read how people were interested when the game was first released, but then things were silent and all of a sudden it was complete. Amazing though, splendid game.

But what are the chances of the other games? I haven't read much of anything pointing towards them being translated. And it's such a shame too, because the game was improved upon quite a bit.

>> No.11012238

>>11010886
Seems like there are some technical problems with You's engine, and that discouraged the project. I don't think we'll see it translated unless a good hacker steps up.

>> No.11015434
File: 132 KB, 641x480, GODDAMN YOU.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Its now my second round with Yuuka, I've learned that she runs away from the battle at 7550 health. Reimu will not crit her and Keine does it on and off.

Perhaps I need to use Marisa? The next round I'm going to attack her with Stardust and Headbutt.

She even accuses me of grinding, when I haven't

>> No.11015702

Shou uses her lance for melee in Mystic, my autism can't accept this shit, awful.

>> No.11016022

>>11012238
Doesn't /m/ have hackers?

>> No.11016853

>>11016022
/m/ doesn't give a shit about this game, Anon.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action