[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 88 KB, 320x451, 1213222193455.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1093231 No.1093231 [Reply] [Original]

I gave this game to my brother...and he was a motherfucking Marine. He got back from Iraq 2 years ago. He fucking killed children because they were on the same side of the street as him. He took a tank and ran over one of Al Zarquawi's aide's legs because he motherfucking wouldn't speak english. That is how hardcore my brother is. But then he played Planetarian. He fucking cried like a girl. Totally not a Marine at all. This game is BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

>> No.1093240

>>1093231
You and your brother are faggots.

>> No.1093241

I don't believe you op.

>> No.1093242

And then your brother was court martialed for war crimes

>> No.1093253

This game must be pretty sad if it can make a war criminal cry. I should try it out

>> No.1093251

Yumemi ....FFFFFFUCK! ;_; ;_; T_T

>> No.1093259

>>1093231
There isn't a single person in history who hasn't cried after playing Planetarian. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.

>> No.1093254

My brother is a Green Beret and, as a trained killer, he will flinch if you point a rubber band at him.

>> No.1093255

Don't make me reme-

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

>> No.1093264

I didn't cry. It's just a dumb robot. I felt more for the bleak future of humanity.

>> No.1093271

I cried because humanity's hope died with Yumemi...not because Yumemi died. Oh and BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

>> No.1093272

>>1093264
And here's a case of someone who is in denial.
Don't worry, nobody will judge your manliness on the internet.

>> No.1093278

Didn't cry. Her machine spirit was reunited with the Omnissiah.

>> No.1093276

>>1093231
>>He got back from Iraq 2 years ago. He fucking killed children because they were on the same side of the street as him. He took a tank and ran over one of Al Zarquawi's aide's legs because he motherfucking wouldn't speak english.

That kinda stuff fucks up people good. He probably cries at everything these days. Poor guy.

Give him a shoot-em-up game or something. Maybe that Touhou one.

>> No.1093289

>>1093276
>>Give him a shoot-em-up game or something. Maybe that Touhou one.

In before Happy Tree Friends moment.

>> No.1093298

>>1093289
In after you leave for /b/.

>> No.1093303
File: 144 KB, 300x860, 1217990606111.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

When I finished this game, I sat in my chair, not believe what had happened. How could humanity's last hope be extinguished? I mulled over that question in my head for God knows how long. I felt no emotion as I was trying to work through what I was feeling. All of a sudden a tear rolled down my cheek. Then another. Then it kept coming out and I couldn't stop it. It was after that I knew of the hope Yumemi was speaking of...

>> No.1093313

CLANG CLANG CLANG

They should have ero scenes in the game.

>> No.1093322

3RD DRAMA CD WHERE
I NEED MY CLOSURE

>> No.1093332

>>1093313
"Looks like your gears could use some oilin' up"

>> No.1093356

Planetarian makes everyone cry.

key makes a profit on your TEARS.

>> No.1093361

>>1093264
That's the goddamn point.

Reverie was a proxy for humanity as a whole. We were bumbling silly idiots who got whiped out despite many people being just as innocent and with as bright a future as she had.

Reverie is humanity.

Her death was humanity's death.

>> No.1093363

Guys...I have a confession to make.

Although I love Planetarian...I'm responsible for CLANG CLANG CLANG. The guy posted it in my Planetarian thread.

If only I didn't make it...

>> No.1093369

Today is Good Friday, the day when Jesus died for our sins. It is a rather significant occasion for us Christians, for it symboylizes God’s love for humanity, wretched as we are.

Another thing more shocking to know was that Jesus was not just cruelly mistreated, as do with a lot of war prisoners nowdays, and even with people who act outside of what their religion has taught them, or the fact that he was silent throught the whole ordeal, like most men with character often do when being mistreated, especially thee samurai, but the fact that he was innocent. Yes, people, he was innocent from every charge the Pharisees hurled at him. A man who spent his life healing the sick, performing miracles, and leading a blameless, sinless life, and yet, he was most cruelly treated by his fellow man. The whole chain of events was so powerful, it left people in tears in it’s gore-filled, Hollywooded form.

That innocence is what I am going to cover today. The innocence of a little robot who was cruelly taken from her world, just like Jesus was all those years ago.

You might think I am crazy, comparing planetarian to the death of Jesus. Heck, a fair amount of content on my little mouthpiece certainly validates my earlier statement. I may go about ranting and raving about 4chan, buttsex and homosexuality in a humourous light, but I assure, I am fully serious about this. I might be the only one who sees parallels with a Japanese visual novel and the Divine, and I don’t care. God is everywhere, it’s just that we all refuse to open our eyes and see beyond what we want to see.

But enough digression. I have a lot to say, and not a lot of time to say it. I’ve delayed this article for more than 20 hours.

>> No.1093377

I don’t need to go through the story of planetarian. I’m quite sure a fair amount of you have read it. And if you haven’t, wiki up the details.

Up to speed with the story? Good. I’ll be going into some really heavy religious discussion that’s actually way beyond my head and certainly requires a pastor or some equivalent authority or higher to understand. Yes, evevn I don’t even fully understand all of it by myself.

I’ll be covering the four topics: the character of Reverie/Yumemi and her parallels with Jesus, the Junker and his parallels to humanity, and the act itself. No, not that 4chan thread. That’s icky. And not very true.

I think we all know Reverie. Her incessant chatter, her innocence, and her horrible death. But how is she comparable to Jesus, who did so much more, and suffered in silence? Well, odd as it may seem, I do see parallels.

First of all, as odd as it may seem, her presence always makes people somewhat relaxed. Sometimes, it even changes people. While not on the scale of Jesus, I think we all can admit Reverie has some form of minor influence on everyone’s life. Just a minuscule one, but one that was able to bring about great change. I’ll talk about change a bit later.

Secondly, her innocence. I find it extremely touching that her innocence is one of the majors that makes her death all the more poigant and emotional. She wasn’t fully aware of the situation at hand, but in her heart, she fully wanted to believe people woiuld come back again. Even if she knew otherwise. Like Jesus, she was innocent She had led a full and healthy life, helping people where she could, all the way until the end.

>> No.1093378

Finally, her death. while the mass media may numb us, and desensitize us to violence and death, it is quite impossible to fully desensitize us to it. I have mentioned earlier that even The Passion Of The Christ never failed to send people to tears at the depiction of Jesus’ death. But what similarities can we pull out from Reverie’s death, in comparison to Jesus’ ?

1. She felt pain.
It is quite evident that Reverie’s death was rather violent, just like Jesus’ . While it is quite evident that robots feel no pain, pain comes in many forms. Jesus felt not just the physical, but also emotional pain, upon seeing himself shamed and maltreated by the people he came down to save. While Reverie never felt pain when half her body got blasted to bits, being unable to see your loved ones is one of the most painful things anyone, or anything could ever experience. Heck, even the cold-hearted /b/tards had an outpour of emotions, something that /b/tards have in short supply, when they heard Nurse-kun’s story. If that isn’t a powerful-enough example, I don’t know what is.

2 . She was innocent.
Like Jesus, she led a faultless, blameless life. And up till her moment of death, she had hoped, with all her heart, that people would come to the planetarium, even though she knew otherwise. Don’t prod me for the details. I don’t really wanna play it outside of the assigned date. But her innocence, which is one of the factors linking her to Jesus, is readily apparent here.

>> No.1093382

3. She changed someone’s life.
The question has been posed: What makes Jesus’ death so special, when compared to the deaths of many other great people, like Mother Teresa, or Gandhi? Again, I feel I will be posed this question, why Reverie, instead of others? What’s so special about her death? While I’ll leave the answer for the former to the Bible, I’ll personally anser the second and third question. It is quite true Reverie never died for humanity’s sins, when compared to Jesus, she had changed someone’s life, that is, the Junker’s.

But Enough About Reverie. Now we move on to the Junker.

I liken the Junker to the Apostle Paul. Like Paul, he was a sinner, determined to kill in order to survive (albeit Paul was persecuting early Christians according to the Jewish law, and the Junker did it for survival.). Both had a runin with something that changed their lives forever. And both carried the love of their respective beliefs all the way to the end. While the way it got done is extremely different (in the case of Paul, he was hit with the Divine Grace of God, the Junker, he saw the night sky), both were redeemed in the same manner. If these two characters could pull off a 180 degree change in their lives, albeit with a lot of help from the divine, what’s stopping us from doing the same?

Now we move on to the act itself.

I’ll take a cue from the Apostle John and skip the description of how Reverie got destroyed. The act itself isn’t all that horrifying (no thanks to the mass media), but what is more horrifying is that an innocent being has been killed by one of the most cruel means to die. This transcends even the Rape of Nanjing and the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki put together. It is more cruel than all the war crimes put together. Heck, even the Holocaust is just a nightmare when compared to the crucifixion of Jesus. That was the day when even God averted his eyes in shame.

>> No.1093386

Whereas Reverie’s death isn’t that epic, I liken it to that, for she was the last twinkle of hope in that landscape of death. And by being snuffed out so suddenly and cruelly, it hearkens to the same shameful act all those years ago.

I do realize I am crazy for even trying to draw parallels between these two events, but I know, deep down, that planetarian is not just a decent visual novel. I feel that it’s trying to tell us something, but no one has ever bothered to try to decipher it. It is a shocking look at our world today, and a glimpse into the future we do not like to see. Ironic as it may seem, coming from a country where a siginificant part of the population is in the dark about the Divine. Or rather, being led to believe in the wrong kind of god. I still don’t know all of it myself, but I do know that if I don’t try, I’ll never forgive myself.

That’s one of my gifts to the world, and I hope no one rejects it. Even if I may be called crazy and be disbelieved, then again, most of the great prophets and scientists were termed crazies before they were given the recognition and praise they deserved.

I only do this in the service of the father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.

>> No.1093389

tl;dr

>> No.1093414

Needs more CLANG CLANG CLANG.

>> No.1093417

best or worst copypasta..

>> No.1093760
File: 472 KB, 930x3200, 1217995590404.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm happy I took a part in inciting the CLANG CLANG CLANG when it happened.

>> No.1093960

I guffaw like an idiot every time I hit the ATASHI NO CHERISHED MEMORIES part. Every time.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action