[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 6 KB, 184x184, 1366177738530.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10757163 No.10757163[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

funpost AS HARD AS YOU CAN in this thread with the most inane garbage you can possibly think of

>> No.10757169

MEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDOOOOOOOOO

>> No.10757170

>>10757163
I hate Yui so fucking much.

So fucking much.

And all of you as well!

>> No.10757171

There's already threads with the highest quality of inane garbage already, knock yourself out.

>> No.10757173
File: 13 KB, 260x194, 1363583707041.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.10757174

Danny Choo is the worst corporate sheep ever, spams the word otaku everywhere to sell his shit "If you're OTAKU you'll buy this!!" "I'm OTAKU!" "This is OTACOOL!" "I don't know who this character is, but she sure is Kawaii!!"

His blog posts about Comiket are the worst shit ever "Oh this is Comiket there are some doujins here LOOK EVERYONE IT'S THE KEY BOOTH!!!"

"This is WonFes there are some fan made garage kits and LOOK EVERYONE GOOD SMILE COMPANY"

"Oh I'm in akihabara there are so many amazing stores around here LOOK EVERYONE APPLE GOODS IN SOFMAP"

Jesus Christ, we know about all that shit. It's in every corner of the internet, we don't give a fuck. Show us some touhou doujins or something, but no - instead he takes a picture of the cieling in McDonalds and goes on to talk about how good McDonalds is and how he had an eggmcmuffin for breakfast.

And most of his posts are just eclipsed by ultra high definition pictures of inane shit, like a poster on a Japanese subway or something. Or a 'moe' character on a sign.

I don't think his followers have progressed at all "One day I'll get there Danny!! Just you wait! I can't wait to visit Japan!!" and they never fucking do. I swear I've seen that shit since what, 2008? It's fucking 2012 and you're telling me you still can't understand enough Japanese.

"Oh wow look at this kawaii dakimakura I got free in dengeki deluxe magazine, I don't know who she is because I can't read enough Japanese to play eroge but WHO CARES I'm OTAKU now because I have a dakimakura. What's that? Sleep with it? Lol no what if my parents see me xD ??"

"saber is my waifu, I don't like 3D women" "Someone married a character from a DS game? lol what a loser, I may be OTAKU but I wouldn't go that far".

That pretty much sums up the Danny Choo experience

>> No.10757182

>>10757174
Wow, that is pretty rage-inducing, it got me.

>> No.10757185

I hate Flan so fucking much.

So fucking much.

And all of you as well!

>> No.10757191

Hearing the difference now isn’t the reason to encode to FLAC. FLAC uses lossless compression, while MP3 is ‘lossy’. What this means is that for each year the MP3 sits on your hard drive, it will lose roughly 12kbps, assuming you have SATA ? it’s about 15kbps on IDE, but only 7kbps on SCSI, due to rotational velocidensity. You don’t want to know how much worse it is on CD-ROM or other optical media.

I started collecting MP3s in about 2001, and if I try to play any of the tracks I downloaded back then, even the stuff I grabbed at 320kbps, they just sound like crap. The bass is terrible, the midrange…well don’t get me started. Some of those albums have degraded down to 32 or even 16kbps. FLAC rips from the same period still sound great, even if they weren’t stored correctly, in a cool, dry place. Seriously, stick to FLAC, you may not be able to hear the difference now, but in a year or two, you’ll be glad you did.

>> No.10757194
File: 96 KB, 333x365, stallman.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The question of FLAC vs. MP3 should not be over the subject of sound quality, as audio quality is an inane triviality compared to more important issues.
FLAC should always be used over MP3 because FLAC is free as in freedom. The MP3 file format is a patented file format, and therefore violates your freedom: we do not and cannot fully know what MP3 may be doing as a file format, and attempting to modify it would be illegal by international law. This violates fundamental freedoms to modify programmes and files which are on our systems. To run an MP3 file format, you may need to install proprietary decoders, programmes or codecs, which should be discouraged at all costs.
FLAC is a legitimate alternative to the MP3 format, it is widely compatible with most systems and players, and if difficulty arises, one can always install free, non-proprietary programmes to play them. If you require compression, use OGG vorbis

>> No.10757200

>>10757194
>>10757191
I have a PhD in Digital Music Conservation from the University of Florida. I have to stress that the phenomenon known as "digital dust" is the real problem regarding conservation of music, and any other type of digital file. Digital files are stored in digital filing cabinets called "directories" which are prone to "digital dust" - slight bit alterations that happen now or then. Now, admittedly, in its ideal, pristine condition, a piece of musical work encoded in FLAC format contains more information than the same piece encoded in MP3, however, as the FLAC file is bigger, it accumulates, in fact, MORE digital dust than the MP3 file. Now you might say that the density of dust is the same. That would be a naive view. Since MP3 files are smaller, they can be much more easily stacked together and held in "drawers" called archive files (Zip, Rar, Lha, etc.) ; in such a configuration, their surface-to-volume ratio is minimized. Thus, they accumulate LESS digital dust and thus decay at a much slower rate than FLACs. All this is well-known in academia, alas the ignorant hordes just think that because it's bigger, it must be better.

So over the past months there's been some discussion about the merits of lossy compression and the rotational velocidensity issue. I'm an audiophile myself and posses a vast collection of uncompressed audio files, but I do want to assure the casual low-bitrate users that their music library is quite safe.

Being an audio engineer for over 21 years, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. While rotational velocidensity is indeed responsible for some deterioration of an unanchored file, there's a simple way of preventing this. Better still, there have been some reported cases of damaged files repairing themselves, although marginally so (about 1.7 percent for the .ogg format).

>> No.10757202
File: 13 KB, 250x312, 08-08-2011.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10757191

I have a PhD in Digital Music Conservation from the University of Florida. I have to stress that the phenomenon known as "digital dust" is the real problem regarding conservation of music, and any other type of digital file. Digital files are stored in digital filing cabinets called "directories" which are prone to "digital dust" - slight bit alterations that happen now or then. Now, admittedly, in its ideal, pristine condition, a piece of musical work encoded in FLAC format contains more information than the same piece encoded in MP3, however, as the FLAC file is bigger, it accumulates, in fact, MORE digital dust than the MP3 file. Now you might say that the density of dust is the same. That would be a naive view. Since MP3 files are smaller, they can be much more easily stacked together and held in "drawers" called archive files (Zip, Rar, Lha, etc.) ; in such a configuration, their surface-to-volume ratio is minimized. Thus, they accumulate LESS digital dust and thus decay at a much slower rate than FLACs. All this is well-known in academia, alas the ignorant hordes just think that because it's bigger, it must be better.

So over the past months there's been some discussion about the merits of lossy compression and the rotational velocidensity issue. I'm an audiophile myself and posses a vast collection of uncompressed audio files, but I do want to assure the casual low-bitrate users that their music library is quite safe.

>> No.10757203

>>10757200
The procedure is, although effective, rather unorthodox. Rotational velocidensity, as known only affects compressed files, i.e. files who's anchoring has been damaged during compression procedures. Simply mounting your hard disk upside down enables centripetal forces to cancel out the rotational ruptures in the disk. As I said, unorthodox, and mainstream manufactures will not approve as it hurts sales (less rotational velocidensity damage means a slighter chance of disk failure.)

I'd still go with uncompressed .wav myself, but there's nothing wrong with compressed formats like flac or mp3 when you treat your hardware right.

>> No.10757225
File: 60 KB, 539x522, 1366177825145[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

.....................,-'´ . . . _,,,,,';:-,...................
....................,-(c\ \`;-=´,_,-~-, \`...............
..................,/ . . .¯'\, º ,/.'-~°,' .¯`'-,...........
................../ . . . . . .¯,_ ~--~',, . . .'\..........
.................| . . . . . . . . ¯¨¨¨(̅_̅_̅_̅((_̅_̲̅­­­­­­­м̲̅­­­a̲­̅я̲̅i̲̅j̲̅u̲̅a̲̅n­̲­­̅­a­̲­̅­̅­_̅_­̅­_­̅() ڪے
.................| . . . . . . . , . . . .`'-, . . . |..........
................/\ . . . . . . ."-,,,-'~-~' . . . '|..........
.............,/'`\,`'-, . . . . . . . . . . . . . . /\..........
░█▀▄░█░█░█▀█░░█▀▀░▀█▀░█▀▀░█▀█░
░█░█░█░█░█▀▀█░▀▀█░░█░░█▀▀░█▀▀░
░▀▀░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░▀░░▀▀▀░▀░░░

>> No.10757222

>>>/ota/

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action