[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 3 KB, 400x267, jp_flag.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10642497 No.10642497[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

IS THERE INTELLIGENT LIFE IN FRESNO, CALIFORNIA; A NEW ANIMECLUB!

For us local Fresno anime fans (yes we exist, believe it or not, you metropolitan anime fans), we try to find a way to express our love and hungry for Japanese Animation. The result is a club that we fondly call the OTAKU GENERATION (Fresno's official Anime club).

Maybe it's not the most original name for a club, since as most anime fans are familiar with Studio Gainax's fan parody, GRAFITTI OF OTAKU GENERATION, from which we derived our name. However, we pride ourselves in being a club for all people, in service to all our members. No ego trips, no politics (it was political a couple of months ago when 2 members tried to implement dictator-ship, which we quickly extinguished), no nonsense. We have a monthly agenda with no times, but we adhere to the schedule as closely as possible. There are no lunch breaks in our club, simply because we are located at a meeting room at a mall where restaurants are plentiful and you can simply buy something and bring it in to devour (we have eating tables) while watching anime. We also have tables in the back where you can sell, buy or trade Anime goods, show your budding artistic talent or display your favorite snapshots of an Anime convention(s). There are occasional giveaways, plus extra activities we are currently planning (such as a road trip to all the Bay Area Anime hotspots, a Christmas party, an Anniversary party, a monthly newsletter, an official club t-shirt, etc.). Best of all, IT'S FREE--there is no charge for admission or membership (being a hard working staff member, I personally don't want to pay to watch Anime, and I figure nobody would either); just show up!

>> No.10642498

So, for all you who reside outside of the Fresno area may ask yourself: "Why should I drive to Fresno and attend a meeting? What makes this club different from the others, worthy enough to make a 3-4 hour drive to and fro?" Well, the answer to this question can be posed by a group of members who diligently travel from San Jose to Fresno for each meeting (from meeting number 3 to the current meeting
number 10). "Unlike other clubs that either are too cold, too snobbish, too impersonal; clubs that are more of just a theatre setting than a club setting, the OTAKU GENERATION is a real club where people talk to each other, make contacts, participate in and have fun. It's worth it for us to travel to Fresno every month". Sound phony? Well, I guess the only way to test it out is to attend one of our meetings. You be the judge. Here's an open invitation to all "out-of-towners" to attend one of our meeting, to give us a chance to prove ourselves and for you to experience a "true club" atmosphere. Our next meeting is on Saturday, April 6, 2013, from 11:30 AM TO 5:00 PM. Directionsto our club meeting are as follows:

Take Highway 41 (South from Northern California, North from Southern California) and take the Tulare Street exit. Continue South-West on Tulare St. (you will be on Tulare for a while, passing streets like "T", "S", and "R") until you reach "N" Street where you turn right. The Fresno County Public Library is the big red buliding on the right side of "N" Street. The meeting is in the Sarah McCardle Room, located in the library. The entrance to this room is through the library doors facing "N" street. Once inside the library take the stairs up to the second floor where the Sarah McCardle room is located.

>> No.10642500
File: 216 KB, 800x705, madonovomit.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10642497
>ANIMECLUB

>> No.10642503
File: 9 KB, 369x346, 1360626573557.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.10642504

I read all that text

>> No.10642507
File: 30 KB, 295x295, ishygddt.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>animeclub

>> No.10642510

>>10642500
>>10642503
>>10642504
>>10642507
trolled

>> No.10642513

For other clubs interested in tape trading with us, we have the following available SUBTITLED by our sister Anime club, No Name Anime of San Jose:

VIDEO GIRL AI 1-6
RANMA MOVIE 1#
RANMA MOVIE 2#
PORCO ROSSO
RANMA 1/2 TV EPISODES 1-4 (These are not the Ranma Project tapes, but a "truer" adaption by a joint venture between No Name Anime and Andy Kim (a.k.a Project Daikon). Plans are for the first 20
episodes to be produced, with perhaps individual storylines afterwards. Please note: these are produced from the 161-episode Ranma laserdisc set, which the Otaku Generation and No Name Anime, has jointly obtained for club purposes)
LAPUTA: CASTLE IN THE SKY
WINGS OF HONNEAMISE (By late November)

The following can be made available to clubs with other SUBTITLED material to trade with.

We hope you will come for the ultimate Otaku experience!

Ja Mata Nay...

>> No.10642517

>>10642507
>I seriously hope you guys don't scan this.
how

>> No.10642520

>>10642517

I imagine entire image isn't used for all messages, so it would probably read the same no matter what the middle bit looked like.

>> No.10642524

Anyone still have that really embarrassing commercial video for that one anime club?
I can't find it on youtube.

>> No.10642528

Anime should be watched alone, in your room, whilst crying over the fact that the best girl never wins.

>> No.10642537

>>10642517
>>10642520
QR codes use an encoding supports error correction (Reed–Solomon). Up to 30% of the image can be removed/altered withiut destroying the message.

>> No.10642540

>>10642524
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utnb5Mru_zo
>/a/

>> No.10642544

>>10642540
Thanks.
Oh god, why did I want to watch this again?

>> No.10642561

>>10642497
>Fresno's official Anime club
wow. its been 20 years since someone posted that message

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action