[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 46 KB, 500x500, meditation[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10543675 No.10543675[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

How do you meditate? How long do you do it for? What do you get out of it?

>> No.10543677

How the HELL can you take it easy meditating?

I'm scared to even go to sleep. I'm fully unconscious. Anything could happen.

>> No.10543683

Playing stgs is meditation to me

>> No.10543684

>>10543683
pls no drug talk

>> No.10543693

1. Find a dark, quiet room where you know you won’t be disturbed. The darker and quieter the better.
2. While the stereotypical meditation pose of half-lotus is recommended, sit however is most comfortable for you with your back straight up. It’s also recommended to sit on a pillow or cushion for support.
3. Close your eyes and take one long, deep breath in through your noise, hold it in for a few seconds, and slowly exhale through your mouth. Do this a few times, or until you feel your pulse start to slow.
4. As you breathe in, focus entirely on the feeling of air entering your noise. The cold feeling of it going into your throat, and through to your lungs. Pay attention to your lungs expanding as air enters them. The feeling of your diaphragm expanding with your ribcage. Hold in the air for a few seconds, and slowly release it, doing the same process as your exhale. Keep repeating this step as long as you possibly can.
5. Inevitably you’re going to have intrusive thoughts popping up. This is completely normal, and even the most seasoned meditation experts have to deal with it. While most people say to ignore the thoughts, I find it’s much more beneficial to acknowledge them for a moment, before returning your focus to your breathing. Acknowledge not only the thought itself, but what might have caused the thought to come up. As you continue through your meditation session, you should be getting less and less thoughts popping up, and the ones that do should be harder to notice. Don’t worry if it’s difficult at first, as it gradually becomes easier to handle with each session.
6. Continue to do step 4, while doing step 5 whenever necessary for the whole session. These sessions should be anywhere from 10-30 minutes.

>> No.10543701
File: 205 KB, 1179x742, 1361501039603.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My girlfriend made me stop meditating.

>> No.10543701,1 [INTERNAL] 

>>10543701
i'd phuc kim, if you know what i mean

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action