[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 417 KB, 1000x1037, mamimiplayinghookey.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10476931 No.10476931[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

How often did you skip school, /jp/? Were you a truant? Were you a bad kid? Were you an honor roll student? What were you like as a high-schooler? Did you fit into any archetypes, or was your high school life nothing like your japanese media?

>> No.10476939

I was a bad motherfucker, trufax
I lived the thug life

>> No.10476938

Valedictorian

>> No.10476940
File: 30 KB, 400x400, 1359999552777.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10476931

>> No.10476940,1 [INTERNAL] 

I never went to high school.

>> No.10476940,2 [INTERNAL] 

You don't belong in /jp/ if you didn't hikki during high school.

>> No.10476978

I wanna hug Mamimi

>> No.10476984

Not too often. You were only allowed 10 non-doctor sick days a year. I'd pretend to be sick on days where I had to give presentations. Eventually didn't even meed to do that since my parents didn't care.

>> No.10476985

My grades were all over the place but the only class I failed constantly in high school was every single math class. Some teachers just gave me a D to get out of there. I didn't fit into archetypes, most people just fucked with me because they thought it was funny or tried to be nice to me out of pity. I never really skipped school since I didn't have much of a reason to, I live right across the street from my high school and walked to and from it every day which was good since I didn't have to deal with being on the bus and I liked walking. Highschool was shit but it was more comfortable shit than what I'm in now. I just want to take everything I have now and live those days over and over again since there's nothing for me outside of school days.

>> No.10476986

I was moderately good at high school. High marks and classes weren't too hard.
By my Senior year the cafeteria got microwaves, so I started packing hot meals every day.
I'm pretty sure I was the only one who would've paid to do those 4 years again.
Ah, the rose colored days of youth...

>> No.10476987

>lie to teachers
>leave school early every day
>stay at friends houses without parents permission
>didn't do homework or essays
Looking back on it, I was an asshole.

>> No.10476997
File: 741 KB, 500x250, 1357173408975.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Everybody thought I was the mysterious loser kid and I skipped a lot. Thanks for this otaku culture thread btw.

>> No.10477000

I never missed a day of high school even though all I did was sleep in class and do drugs. My mom was strict and made me go even when I was sick. She never knew I did those things.

Still I got the highest score on the ACT in my grade, but that doesn't mean anything now that I'm doing nothing.

>> No.10477004

I was absent to the point where I was at risk of being held back almost every year starting near the end of middle school, but my grades were mostly A's. I tried to avoid people and they avoided me. It was very boring.

>> No.10477008
File: 516 KB, 749x662, never_knows_best_by_kaymurph-d3j6jh5.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10476978
Me too. She is incredibly relate-able to me. The chain-smoking, the depression, the photography, the loneliness and social isolation, the little boy, the constant truancy. FLCL hits hard for me just because of her as a character.

>> No.10477013

>>10477008
Are you a cute girl like mamimi too?

>> No.10477021

>>10476984
>I'd pretend to be sick on days where I had to give presentations
I did this too. I remember once skipping a class discussion on the day she had planned it for, but on the day I came back, it turned out that she was absent and had a substitute on that day so she re-scheduled it to the day after. I had to skip twice that week.

>> No.10477018

>high school life
I dropped education when I was 12, so no idea of how it is high school or middle school, though elementary school was hell.

>> No.10477043
File: 81 KB, 838x457, 1359423154663.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

/jp/ - My blog.

I was capable of high grades but I hated school at the time. I spent a lot of my time truant or getting in trouble while I was in school. Always getting into fights, valdalising things and just being a general piece of shit. I was very close be being expelled several times. I jumped from a first floor window at one point, to escape a class I didn't really give a fuck about. I had patterns of being really troublesome and having never ending energy and would just wind everyone up, slap girls for no reason ect, ect. Then bouts of just never getting out of bed and going to school, or forcing myself to go to school but confining myself in a classroom that wasn't beening used that day away from other people. I never turned up for my final exams and I have no qualifications on record or on paper. I was diagnosed with manic despression mid way through high school, which explained my eratic behaviour.

Looking back on it, I wish I could just delete my bad behaviour and have gotten those grades I was capable of. But now I'm a horribly despressed neet who hasn't left the house in a month and a half. This isn't like my chinese cartoons at all.

>> No.10477048

I was both an honour student and a huge truant. Skipped for 3 months straight during grade 9.

>> No.10477068

I didn't skip classes when I was studying in school, and I didn't skip them when I was studying in college but I started skipping classes when I entered university. Although I don't know why I'm skipping classes, I still didn't get into troubles. Maybe it's because I don't skip lectures that often.
By the way, since my parents are dead and I live on my own (don't work, though) I've got nobody to watch after me. I wish I could stop skipping but it's all because of laziness, you see.

>> No.10477077

>>10477008
I re-watch FLCL about twice a year. It's incredibly inspirational to me. It's why I'm moving to a new country next year because it's the closest I can do to riding off into the sky with Haruko on her vespa at the end of the last episode, to experience something new and unknown and to pierce the proverbial smoke of Mabase that surrounds my own mundane life.

>> No.10477075
File: 844 KB, 800x1200, 1323154510490.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I skipped all my classes today, as a matter of fact.

>> No.10477101
File: 123 KB, 400x800, 31961108.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My attendance was great up until the last two years of highschool. Then it went to shit.

>> No.10477117
File: 110 KB, 600x613, 1313802911535.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Never skipped a day. I was kind of a rad dude during my high school years, but I was too beta to actually socialize. I fucked up my grades around the second year, and everything pretty much crashed after that.

>> No.10477118
File: 10 KB, 279x291, 1289654917694.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I don't know. It was a very unpleasant time anyway.

I had really good grades until I became a depressed hoodie-wearing little faggot sulking around in a toilet stall at lunch. I've put off University for three years and I'm enrolling this fall, we'll see how it goes.

>> No.10477134

8th grade is when I really started to fall out, starting coming less and less and would miss weeks at a time. Some how I graduated, maybe they just let everyone pass, and made it to high school. Finished my first year and never went back.

I regret it a lot and I think about it a lot. Sometimes I wish I had just stuck it out and finished school and maybe college.

>> No.10477136

>>10477118
>depressed hoodie-wearing little faggot
Wow this takes me back

>> No.10477142
File: 23 KB, 720x480, eyebrowsFLCL1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

No, I never really skipped. I was a good kid. I was not an honor roll student, I was too stupid. Most people liked me well enough I think. I didn't fit into any of my japanese animes archetypes, but I was definitely closest to a western nerd.

I hated going there everyday, though. Such a pain in the ass to get up and go do boring shit for 7 hours a day. I don't know how I'll ever be able to work fulltime, and I'll never qualify for autsim bux.

Also, I never swung the bat. Not even in college. I was too cowardly to.

>> No.10477153

>>10477142
>I never swung the bat

What is this term?

>>10476931
Average grades, friends and life. Felt like I was in a rut though, never really doing anything new or exciting. I was comic relief to my friends because of my ADHD.

>> No.10477149

thinking about school gives me PTSD

>> No.10477151

I did reasonably well in high school, though I tried leaving the campus a few times like a super edgy cool kid, but got caught nearly every time.

>> No.10477160

Early elementary school: Happiest days of my life
Late elementary school: Bullied, friend got expelled, quit Japanese saturday school
Middle school: Ok, made a new friend
High school: Got ditched for a series of girlfriends, ate lunch with nerdy girls (not pretty)
College: Enter class, leave class, go home.

>> No.10477162
File: 459 KB, 1280x800, FLCL.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10477077
Regardless of what a lot of people say, FLCL is still one of my favorite anime of all time.
It was rather inspirational to me too, and I also rewatch it quite often.

I first watched it when I was much younger. Back then, it was my favorite show of all time and really helped me get into anime. I didn't understand much of it, and parts flew over my head and I just passed things off as "randomness," but it was still amazing. Haruko was my favorite girl and I really wished I had someone like her in my life.
The ending forever left me confused, and perhaps a little infuriated, as to why Naota didn't choose to go with Haruko at the end.

However, the years went on by, and I finally decided to fully rewatch the series when I got older.
It really seemed completely different to me, but not in a bad way. A lot of it was the same though and I still loved it, but I was looking at it all through completely different eyes. I understood so much more of it. The characters seemed a lot more developed, and I picked up on a whole lot of implied or hidden things that weren't obvious to me when I was younger. I looked much farther beyond the simple surface and read in between the lines.
The most important thing was my change in favorite characters. I found myself not liking Haruko as much as I used too. I felt that Ninamori was a much better girl than her and a better fit for Naota. I felt that Haruko was simply using Naota for her own means, and he was just a kid falling for the mysterious older woman. Atomsk was who she really cared for, but he was too busy chasing his own destiny.
I felt very at peace with the ending, thinking that it was for the best for him to stay. And that he was with Ninamori.

It was with all of this that I realized I had grown up. And that FLCL is truly an incredible coming of age story, one that even included myself.
My views and outlooks have all changed, and I looked at both the world and FLCL differently.
I would choose to stay where I am.

>> No.10477164
File: 373 KB, 960x720, vlcsnap-2011-02-15-13h21m29s250.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10477153
It's a metaphor for self-actualization. Specifically a reference to FLCL Ep. 4 "Full Swing"

>> No.10477167

>>10477153
It's a reference to FLCL.

If you still don't understand it, I recommend watching FLCL over again.

>> No.10477172

>>10477167
You can't make me, kiddo.

>> No.10477170

>>10477160
>Early elementary school: Happiest days of my life

I don't know why but elementary is so fun and I had a blast all the time. All the teachers made it seem so exciting when I was about to go to middle school, they said it would be just as fun but I would learn more too

Then I actually got to middle school.. the teachers were shit, the kids were shit, the food was shit. It was completely different and made me hate everything about school.

>> No.10477175
File: 384 KB, 1357x1230, 1353786913151.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________SURPRISE

>> No.10477176

>>10477170
I had a good middle school life.

Hell, I can say 8th grade might have been my favourite grade of my life. I was still a "kool kid" at the time.

>> No.10477180

>>10477162
I don't think Haruko was ever in love or had feelings for Atomsk. The whole "she's in love with him" line was just Amarao's rationalization for her not liking him. You can see in the end that Atomsk isn't a person but a cosmic being or force. Haruko was just in it for the power.

>> No.10477188

>>10477162
FLCL was the first anime I ever watched. I watched it with a friend I had when I was much younger (he was pretty fun, we even had sleep overs occasionally but we really didn't like each other that much and just drifted apart rather quickly). A lot went over my head too but I really liked it, something about the style got me hooked. I should rewatch it now.

>> No.10477184

My whole school life has been mostly the same.

Elementary school - I had fun, I was a kid, but I was also a huge autist about everything. I seriously showed multiple symptoms of autism back then, though I wasn't autistic.
Middle school - Boring shit, not many friends, just sat around alone at home most of the time, or with my family.
High school - More friends, anxiety crisis early on, still would rather sit at home and do nothing.

I never did drugs nor drank. My life is just how I like it.

>> No.10477190
File: 369 KB, 501x425, 1359846795954.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Meet girl at a gaming club
>She's tall, but really pretty and dresses way nicer than any girl there, no idea how she's single
>We start talking and hit it off immediately
>Get butterflies every time I talk to her
>People always look at us awkwardly, but that's not uncommon in a gaming setting
>One day decide to ask her to lunch
>She accepts
>It's a really nice lunch and she eats all super cute
>Go back to the club and eventually ask her if she wants to come over
>She accepts
>Cue time skip and we're making out on my couch
>I reach down under her skirt to play around down there and tease her a bit
>Something doesn't quite feel right as I'm using my finger tips
>She's giggling and getting all excited
>Feel around more and realize she's packing a penis
>tfw this arouses the hell out of me and I don't even know why
>whyboner.jpg
>"You didn't tell me you had a penis."
>She panics
>"Oh God, I thought you knew! I'm sorry, I'm so sorry"
>She starts to pull away
>I pull her back in and kiss her
>We continue and it's awesome
>tfw I can't tell if I'm gay or not but I want to see her again

Btw, is it still a her? I always wondered about that. I mean, she has a girls name, looks like a girl, sounds like one, but has a dick. I guess girls don't have dicks, so that makes it a dude, but fuck everything else going on there screams girl.

>> No.10477194

>>10477190

No, you're gay now, but it's okay, do what feels good.

>> No.10477195

>>10477190
Why does it matter if there was a penis, love it love anon, just go with your feelings.

>> No.10477202

>>10477149
Me too

>> No.10477203

I was quite a little shit. Did sports, was nearly always in the upper end of the social food-chain. Got above-average to decent grades. 100% attendance until I was just about to turn 17 and moved to my own place, where it dropped to below 40% afterwards. Grades similarly suffered. .

Never showed any respect to the teachers, really. If I could go back in time and slap myself, I would. I'd probably rape myself too for the sake of it.

I also managed to make one kid physically sick by verbally abusing and bullying him when I was 8. He left school soon after. I'm pretty sure he's going go track me down one day and kill me. Fortunately, fellow /jp/edos have taught me Krav Maga, so I should be okay.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action