[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 95 KB, 512x483, 402999 - alice_margatroid doll hammer hanged kagekichirou noose touhou.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10288044 No.10288044[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

What are your /jp/ New Years Resolutions?

>> No.10288048

Eat healthier food.

>> No.10288054

Get /jp/ deleted

>> No.10288055

>>10288044
This time it's going to change.

>> No.10288062

not being alone anymore

>> No.10288072

Wanna touch muh butt with my hands without my hands smelling like butt.

>> No.10288079

To visit my love.

>> No.10288085

To keep on waiting for my real life to begin.

>> No.10288098

get a girlfriend

>> No.10288105

>>10288044
Becoming an astronaut and going into space.

>> No.10288106

>>10288098
I didn't have a girlfriend until I was 18, and have been fairly happy in my life

>> No.10288118

>>10288106

How did you get a girlfriend?

>> No.10288112

To keep up with my Japanese studies and be reading VNs by summer.

>> No.10288120

To play more games.

>> No.10288127

>>10288118
No one can help you. It's time you grow some real balls and ask them out instead of being their gay friend. Period.

>> No.10288131

I don't like NYRs because I never stick to them, and I think these few days will be the bottom of my depressive episode, so I feel very sad (much like Alice in the picture).

However, I will try to go to Japan in February for a few days. I will also try to get accepted to the JET program. Besides this, I will keep going to the gym and work harder to complete my graduate degree.

>> No.10288138

>>10288118
Not him but,Simply ask!
Girls who flirt with you are interested. Friendship is good place to start. Keep it simple and get to know them. Hang out, suggest a walk, coffee shop, college play, and work your way up to simple dating suggestions... meet for lunch, go to a movie, dinner, music, community festival, etc. Also, lots of girls want to find New Year dates after Christmas. Keep the door open for that possibility.

>> No.10288139

1920x1080

>> No.10288140
File: 568 KB, 400x225, 1334115202194.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I am going to have sexual intercourse...
With a female...
Without having to pay...

This is my goal.
Wish me luck, /jp/.

>> No.10288142

1920x1080

>> No.10288160

>>10288138
>Friendship is good place to start

Please don't ever give people advice about dating.

>> No.10288174

>>10288138
i am very ugly i have a rare skin condition wich is called albino and it sucks and secondly i have a rare eve disease so my eyes vibrate and people think im a freak well i don't blame them also i am a bit overweight im trying to work on that byt my problem is no one likes me because im handicapped, im not afraid to admitted

>> No.10288176

>>10288106
>>10288138
Imaginary girlfriends don't count.

>> No.10288180

>>10288140
So rape? Just don't get caught bro.

>> No.10288186

>>10288174
Love is blind, my friend. When you'll find the right girl, she'll accept you as you are.....
Just have some paitience, okay.

>> No.10288196

>>10288174
Most /jp/sies are overweight anyway. Lose the weight and maybe you can be creepy cool. I'm not a girl though.

>> No.10288201

>>10288174
If you want to work out start running every day. But make sure you don't over heat and keep a water bottle with you :) Happy New Year!!!!!!!

>> No.10288207

maybe I'll finally kill myself.

>> No.10288206

>>10288186
>Love is blind, my friend. When you'll find the right girl, she'll accept you as you are.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>> No.10288213

>>10288138
>>10288186
Female please go away and stop giving shitty advice here. The last person that should ever give advice about relationships is females.

>> No.10288220
File: 117 KB, 1200x798, 3172713-upset-businessman-giving-middle-finger-to-boss-dof-focus-on-hand.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10288138

Fuck off

>> No.10288232

To ask out this tiny qt girl I've know all my life.

>> No.10288234

>>10288118
Don`t let yourself be known right away. Be quiet and submissive until she tries to talk to you. It worked for me hope it works for you man.

>> No.10288246

>>10288234
>>10288186
>>10288138
Is this an "ironically bad advice" thread?

>> No.10288265

>>10288246
No, it is just an "ironically bad" thread.

>> No.10288277
File: 19 KB, 800x600, i drew this.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10288207
this is you

>> No.10288287

I know you guys might not know but will Facebook help me get a girlfriend?

>> No.10288288

The best way to get a girlfriend is to meet a girl and become friends with her, and always be there for her when her other boyfriends are assholes or break up with her or whatever. Just suck it up and wait and eventually she will realize that you are the person she should really be with and she will confess her love to you.

>> No.10288294
File: 37 KB, 692x480, 1338052617118.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10288180
No rape.
My goal is 100% consensual sex with a qt girl.

It's going to happen.
I can feel it in my boners.

>> No.10288297
File: 34 KB, 600x459, 1355849916034.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10288288
btw im a girl

>> No.10288300

read no more VNs except the two in my backlog

>> No.10288304

>>10288287
don't try facebook. It will only make things worse. I'm speaking from experience. A seemingly perfect girl I fell in love with broke my heart.

>> No.10288305

rape a girl

>> No.10288308

To relinquish all hope for happines in this world, and accept my position in life.

>> No.10288309

>>10288288
It is also very important to never make your intentions clear. If you act like you want to be anything besides her purely platonic friend, she might doubt your devotion. You must refrain from touching her sexually, and hastily steer the conversation away from risqué topics.

>> No.10288312

To report more off-topic threads.

>> No.10288314

>>10288138

I want a girlfriend but I am waiting for the right girl

until that, I'll enjoy my free time

>> No.10288316

>>10288294
go to a con theres always someone willing

...are you content with guys pretending to be girls?

>> No.10288325

To kill all the normies in this thread.

>> No.10288333

Facebook

Facebook is not your friend. Its "real name" policy is enough reason to refuse to use it, but there is so much more nastiness in Facebook. I don't use it, and you shouldn't either.

Some impostor created a Faceook account using my name. The page is not mine.

Facebook makes a practice of telling users to rat on their friends who use aliases.

I think we can formulate the principle that any social network that asks its members for information about other people is abusive.

Facebook is experimenting with a system to ask people to rat on friends who have not given their real names.

Facebook pressures users to report on their friends' disobedience to Facebook rules.

Unfriend Facebook now — you are its product, not its customer.

Facebook says that a user can't have Facebook's data about him, because it's a trade secret.

Pages that contain Facebook "like" buttons enable Facebook to track visitors to those pages. Facebook tracks the users that see 'like' buttons, even users who never visited facebook.com and never click on those buttons.

The ACLU has a way of enabling users to click a Facebook "like" button, which avoids this problem. Its pages have a link called "like us on Facebook" that leads to a Facebook page where it is possible to push a "like" button for the ACLU. But if you don't follow that link, Facebook gets no information about your visit to the ACLU page.

Here's an example of the practice.

>> No.10288326

>>10288287
Facebook makes everything complicated and if anything would cause the end of a relationship.. you're wayyy better without it

>> No.10288335

>>10288287
leave 4chan would help

>> No.10288339

Facebook exploits its users by conscripting them for ads.

Facebook settled a lawsuit by promising users will be able to "limit" this use of their names and photos in ads shown to other users. However, since this is "opt-out", by default users will still be exploited. What's more, it may not even be a complete opt-out.

Instagram, now under Facebook control, demands use of people's photos for sale and advertising.

Instagram later tried to reassure users that this didn't mean it would "own" their photos.

That is a red herring — the issue is that photos in Instagram will be used in advertisements whether the user likes it or not.

Don't depend on Facebook to store any data that you might miss if Facebook takes it away from you.

A German regulator says that Facebook's face recognition is illegal.

Social networks, for lonely people, may only show them how lonely they are.

Facebook blocked links to the humor site lamebook which facebook is trying to crush.

This shows how it is a bad thing that so many people use facebook pages instead of setting up their own sites using many different providers.

Facebook messaging further threatens user privacy.

Don't use Facebook. Facebook permanently records everything you do, even what you look at, even items that are "deleted". And presumably gives them to the CIA. A timeline shows how Facebook has increasingly shown contempt for privacy.

EFF says that "the answer" is to complain to Facebook. I suggest another answer: don't put your personal information in Facebook. If you use Facebook at all, just tell people how to contact you in other ways.

>> No.10288342

>>10288246

ironic?

>> No.10288345

The Senate weakened video rental privacy law to cater to Facebook and Netflix.

User rejection pressured Instagram to reverse this change, but it will surely try something else nasty.

A convicted blackmailer who helped Putin crush independent media in Russia now owns a large stake in Facebook.

Facebook wants to present itself as a virtual town square … a censored one.

Facebook deleted a statement by a human rights group, then said that was a mistake.

That Facebook invited the group to post the statement again — instead of undoing the deletion — demonstrates arrogance.

However, the problem here goes deeper. It is not good for human rights groups (or anyone's) statements to be posted using a platform where statements are censored.

Facebook censorship guidelines have been leaked. They include political censorship catering to various countries that do not respect freedom of speech.

Facebook deleted a photo of two men kissing, which was used to support a kiss-in in a pub that had shown bias against gays.

The person who posted it thinks that Facebook is not anti-gay, but rather than it is quick to censor whatever someone complains about.

While it might seem that the former would be worse, I think the latter makes facebook really dangerous. Don't use Facebook as a substitute for your own web site!

Facebook has mysteriously closed several pages of anti-budget-cut activists in the UK.

Facebook has turned on automatic face recognition on photos.

Facebook says that it only suggests identifications for faces in photos for people who are the user's friends. However, it might run the algorithm over every photo posted and not publicly announce the results.

I ask people not to post photos of me on Facebook.

>> No.10288348
File: 75 KB, 444x371, 1340317979710.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10288316
see
>>10288140
>With a Female

That's not to say I'd be adverse to a nice trap, but my ultimate goal is female fuckings.

>> No.10288357

This thread is making me physically sick.

>> No.10288352

Now Facebook tells your "friends" everything that you do using a large collection of other network services.

This will at least give people an idea of how much information those services tell Big Brother about all their users.

Facebook asks its users to provide their entire list of other people's email addresses.

This by itself is surveillance of those other people, but Facebook uses it to go further and try to guess the relationships of people who are not Facebook users.

That information must be worth some money to companies. It is surely worth money to the secret police of any country that isn't democratic enough.

However, principal wrong here is not that Facebook can guess which non-users know you or me. It is that Facebook collects information from its users about whether they know you or me.

I think we can formulate the principle that any social network that asks its members for information about other people is abusive.

Facebook apps have access to that user's information — and the users' ffiends' information, too. Thus, if you make the mistake of using Facebook, even if you let a company access your data, any of your ffiends can give the company access to your data.

(Although Facebook uses the term "friends", that is an abuse of language; a user's "friends" are often not really friends, and being "friends" on Facebook is not the way to treat a friend anyway. Therefore I propose the replacement term "ffiends", replacing the "r" with the "f" of Facebook.)

Facebook uses several tricks to distract people from recognizing how much access to their personal data they are giving to apps.

>> No.10288354

>>10288335
no bully
>>10288287
I've always been strongly against iternet dating because of how easily you can be tricked by people.

However, I met my boyfriend through a friend via facebook and it was the best thing that's ever happened. It gave us the opportunity to really get to know each other before we met up and because it was through a friend, I knew he actually existed.

If you believe it could help, give it a crack. Just don't be one of those desperate twat's that chats up every available girl, that won't get you far. People come along when you least expect it, just go with the flow.

>> No.10288360

"Logging out" of Facebook does little to stop its surveillance.

In particular, every page with a "like" button still knows who you are.

Facebook made changes in response to this article, to delete one cookie that identified the users. It seems there are two other cookies which also identify the user, but Facebook says users should not object to them because they are made for benign purposes.

If that is true, so what? They still track you, unless you stop using Facebook, and delete all its cookies for good and all.

But Facebook can track you through your IP address too, if you don't use TOR to disguise that. To avoid being tracked by Facebook "like" buttons, you need to block your browser from showing them or accessing the Facebook page that generates them. This is necessary if you ever used Facebook from that IP address, even if you stop using Facebook, and delete all its cookies for good and all.

This page gives details about how much facebook tracks users' browsing, which applies even to users that don't have facebook accounts.

Facebook tries to discourage users from visiting other web sites.

(This article uses the word "content" to refer to published works. I think that is a bad practice since that term disparages the works. See.)

More on how much facebook tracks users.

The US Federal Trade Commission ruled that Facebook's violation of its stated privacy policies was illegal.

It is proper to make Facebook keep its promises, but this does not go far enough to make Facebook acceptable to use. It does not limit Facebook's data collection — for instance, it doesn't stop Facebook from collecting of data about browsing through "Like" buttons. It only limits what Facebook can do with that data, and certainly does not stop Facebook from handing it over to Big Brother under the U SAP AT RIOT act.

>> No.10288368

>>10288357
*hugs you tightly*

>> No.10288369

Facebook in Europe may be required to discard some user data after a time, without sending it to the US.

This may reduce the harm that Facebook does, but is not even close to enough to make it ethically acceptable. Most of the criticisms reported in this site remain valid.

Anyone can get a Facebook user's personal information by buying ads on Facebook.

It appears Facebook spontaneously sends phone messages to people in India who have had no connection with Facebook. This user is trying to find out why.

Facebook is not just surveillance. It also does censorship of photos based on prudish criteria.

Number of friends on Facebook measures narcissism.

Facebook has put an outrageous trademark claim on the word "book" into its terms of service.

To be dependent on Facebook, or any other specific company you could not replace with another, is to make yourself vulnerable to unbounded legal aggression. Don't be a fool — unfriend Facebook today rather than accept these terms.

Facebook "apps" that some persons run get access to everything their "friends" make visible to them, and may hand all that info to a company.

While this article shows that there is currently a way to turn that off, I expect that Facebook will take any necessary steps to ensure that most users don't do so. The purpose of those apps is to get access to that data, and I'm pretty sure that benefit figures, to Facebook's advantage, into the financial arrangements between the app developer and Facebook. Facebook will make sure it does not lose that advantage.

Facebook has a history of blocking the posting of links about certain controversial political issues.
Facebook sends political messages as coming from people who have clicked Like buttons.

Facebook recently settled a lawsuit, promising to stop a very similar practice involving ads, but these political messages are not considered "ads" and Facebook continues to send them.

>> No.10288370

Thank you based spammer

>> No.10288373

A credit agency in Germany plans to evaluate people's creditworthiness by who their “friends” are on facebook.

The lesson is that we should make sure that no activities collect information about lots of people's social networks.

Innocent-seeming text posted on Facebook could cause you lots of trouble, due to development of systems to deduce things about you.

Facebook has started working with a purchase-tracking company to cross-reference Facebook's data about users with data about their purchases.

This can't affect you if you do as I do: refuse to use Facebook, block its surveillance of non-users (done via Like buttons), and pay cash. But it is nasty nonetheless.

Facebook is sneakily leading users to send email to other users via facebook.

Facebook has automatically pushed users' @facebook.com email addresses (which they never asked for) into the contact lists in other people's phones.

The lesson here is that it is a fundamental mistake to trust a company such as Facebook to give anyone data about you. It will give them the data it wants them to have, not the data you want to give them.

Facebook: the most congenitally dishonest company in America.

Facebook is attempting to gouge companies and web sites that use it to keep in touch with their companies.

The attitude of this criticism is too narrowly commercial for me to sympathize fully with it, and I expect that Facebook will reduce this charge so as to avoid driving these customers away. I am also repelled by the shallowness that leads to thinking that Facebook in April 2012 was good merely because it aided their commercial goals.

Nonetheless, this demonstrates the arrogant way Facebook treats anyone that deals with it, which is a reason not to be one of them.

>> No.10288379

>>10288370
based on what

>> No.10288384
File: 80 KB, 330x320, 1351615562460.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10288379
LOL

>> No.10288386

>>10288379
I think it is based on his repeated postings of lengthy text with largely unrelated content, which is similar to what spammers do.

>> No.10288389

>>10288379
ignore him hes probably from the sc2 generals
putting a sage in his email field to try to cover up the fact that he is a newfag

>> No.10288399

>>10288389
Why do you say he is from the sc2 generals?

>> No.10288400 [DELETED] 

>>10288348

Look at this idot. LOOK AT THIS IDOT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

>> No.10288408 [DELETED] 

>>10288400

now i look like an idiot.

>> No.10288416

>>10288389

now I look like a newfag from sc2 generals.

>> No.10288427

>>10288348

look at this idiot I fished out from lurking, LOOK AT HIM!!!

>> No.10288429

I just want to go full vegan and work on my skincare since I have been slacking off this year and got a few bad break outs.

I also want to get one of those cute arpakasso things but thats not really a resolution...

>> No.10288433

Janny, how is this /jp/ related? Because it has "/jp/" on it's OP even though nothing here is /jp/ related and because it has a Touhou on the picture?
Why not make a /soc/-tier meet-up but we say "bring your /jp/-touhou plushie", there, /jp/ related.

>> No.10288438

>>10288429
>I just want to go full vegan
Yeah, I mean, milk is horrible for your skin, not to mention the fucking toxic Omega 3 on eggs. Fucking retarded hipster. Get the fuck out of here.

>> No.10288439

>>10288399
Because there is at least 1 guy always in the threads spouting jp memes nowadays and literally idolizing jp going as far as calling it "a shit posting mecha". Saying "thank you based spammer" was a common thing to say when the generals where spammed with gay porn 24/7 a few months ago

>> No.10288444

>>10288439
Woah are you an expert
>>>/vg/

>> No.10288451

>>10288439
you type like a normie high schooler

gedda f8Ck out

>> No.10288456

>>10288439
Shit, I'm found out. And I would have gotten away with it, too, if it hadn't been for you meddling kids!

>> No.10288462

I made this thread for /jp/-related resolutions, not your normalfag shit.

Sah-ghey.

>> No.10288465

>>10288438
1)I am doing this for compassion reasons
2)Meat actually makes me sick
3)I never liked milk or eggs

I will never understand why some people get so upset over vegans. Eat what you wish nobody is trying to convert you.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action