[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 74 KB, 600x600, remilia.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10128747 No.10128747[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>social media

dude i hate those frigging words

>> No.10128753

>gameplay
http://insomnia.ac/commentary/gameplay/

>> No.10128755
File: 97 KB, 1920x1080, 1352816672488.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

*shares your post*

>> No.10128758

>>10128747
<= Like

>> No.10128804

>>10128753
Wow that dude is fucking angry at a word he doesn't even understand. It was painful to see his attempt at ethymology.

Sadly for him, saying "gameplay" instead of "intrinsic game mechanism" is the norm.

The only reason to be angry about words would be when conotation takes over denotation; but that's more related to society rather than the words themselves.
Disliking words would be the same as hating random symbols.
"god, the plus sign is such a dick, I hate him so much, so fucking much" - u

>> No.10128905

>>10128804
>that dude is fucking angry
You must be joking. This is what he sounds like when he's angry:
http://insomnia.ac/commentary/on_the_genealogy_of_art_games/

"Compared to her, then, all game journalists, artfags and videogame-intellectuals ever have been children — not even men-children, properly speaking: little fagots, little physically and mentally stunted child-fagots: this would be a more precise way of describing them. "
"Bottom line is that THERE IS SIMPLY NO GETTING ANYWHERE WITH SUBHUMANS, for one way or another THE DUMB, WRETCHED FUCKERS WILL FIND A WAY TO PERVERT EVEN THE SIMPLEST, CLEAREST AND MOST STRAIGHTFORWARD TEACHING. There is therefore only ONE solution when one is dealing with subhumans, and I am afraid it is the FINAL one — for all others have been tried. Put simply, the subhumans have not been touched by the scientific spirit at all, let alone by the philosophical one, and remain content with now and then AWKWARDLY APING THE MANNERS of scientists and philosophers, WITHOUT EVER GRASPING THE REASONING BEHIND THESE MANNERS, AND THEREFORE WITHOUT EVER PROPERLY EMPLOYING THEM. This is why, despite all, they still fundamentally view the philosopher as a kind of madman and the scientist as a kind of wizard. Modern subhumans in no way differ in the essentials from their cave-dwelling ancestors; only in appearance, in dress, bearing, and the like, do they somewhat diverge, but as far as intellectual powers go they are their equals.'

Remember, this 100 page rant was about people making JRPGs and Cave Story instead of Pac-Man and Mario.

>> No.10129023

>>10128905
Does he even get unironical readers?

>> No.10129090

>>10129023
He sells books and even his forums are pay to browse/use. I assume so.
He actually makes valid points in between the Nietzsche quotes, enormous butthurt and random outbursts of misogyny/homophobia/anti-semitism (or maybe those are more Nietzsche quotes.)

>> No.10129168

>>10129090
Anyone, even the stupidest person, will eventually say something insightful if they keep on talking.

>> No.10129208

>>10128905
This is the same guy who authored the crappy "playing for score sucks" article. The main point was that any competitive gaming sucks because the author is bad at it. The goal in every game should be completion only.
It also applied to normalfag sports, and the only acceptable form of competition turned out to be swimming. Coincidentally the author was a great swimmer.
It was like 20 pages of "I'm a bad loser".
Of course in that article too every tenth word used was "subhuman", half of them in CAPS, all of them referring to people who don't share the author's preferences.

>> No.10129295

>>10129208
I don't agree that playing for score sucks but competitive gaming is retarded.

>> No.10129308

>>10129208
It's worth noting that the article got fucking printed, CAPS and all.
Really, the mere fact that icycalm exists is incredibly baffling.

>> No.10129370

>>10129295
I understand you don't enjoy it, but I don't see how it's retarded for those that do. The same goes for any kind of entertainment.

>> No.10129381

>>10129295
Just think of competitive gaming as playing against an IA that doesn't suck and provides a challenge.

It gets a real dimension when it's on team-based games, which have been designed for and built around competitive gaming, rather than having it as a side feature, just to claim having the feature.

You can't compare BLC's 2v2 bi weekly tournaments to wow's sterile 2v2 arena.

Esport also comes in as a factor, but frankly, comentators and shit like that, as well as the esport comunity is just facebook level of terrible.
People want to watch a video game, not some shit filled with windows movie maker effect and MTV catch comentators.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action