[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 74 KB, 482x427, fuck.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7184375 No.7184375 [Reply] [Original]

Do art side hustles ever become main hustles or is it just a form of coping with failure?

>> No.7184381

art side hustle is literally teaching begs the fundamentals for hundreds of dollars.

>> No.7184399

>>7184375
Depends on their success. Obviously there a good number of artists who are living of patreon, or merch sales, or commission sales, or making youtube vids (personally I don't think that's an art career though).
Many won't have it be their main career though anon, it's a high competitive, sought after, and beloved type of job - just like how how every band gets a records label, or how not every actor breaks into Hollywood. There's only so much money, and so much attention to go around; so do something interesting that DOES grab people's attention, and is worth their time and money... and even then, it's still highly dependent on luck.

>>7184381
If their side hustle is being an art teacher, you a literally right; if it's not, you are literally wrong.

>> No.7184413

>>7184399
almost every artist makes end meets through teaching. this is how its been for hundreds of years. you are nothing and know nothing.

>> No.7184414

>>7184381
Want to learn how to shade a ball?
600 dollars.
I am Steven Zapata, like comment subscribe listen to me get high and talk about art, no grift bro

>> No.7184417

>>7184413
No no anon, you're thinking of art teachers.