[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 3.24 MB, 4032x3024, IMG_3105.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7113649 No.7113649 [Reply] [Original]

I’m designing a character who is capable of burrowing but also gliding. He’s quite strong, too… I’m struggling to juggle all these traits into one design. Am I on the right track?

>> No.7113778

>>7113649
Check barrowing/gliding animals and what their characteristics give them the ability to do those things. Some things I see that I would change are the nails, those claws are too sharp/narrow like a eagles when other barrow animals claws like even some canines (wolves and coyotes) their claws are more wide and not that sharp.
Also what species you want to emulate is importnant so considering the feathers are you emulating a burrowing owl? Cause that changes everything because their claws are sharp but they burrow on dugouts made from other burrowing animals. Point here is study the animals you emulate on their characteristics like appearance and habits.
Also feathers aren't exclusive to gliding cause skin can accomplish that just fine (unless you want feathers).