[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 1.46 MB, 512x2048, 棒人間 stickman.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6985587 No.6985587 [Reply] [Original]

>> No.6985631

>>6985587
i feel like some panels are very redundant and comic would be better without them. nice punchline though

>> No.6985636

>>6985587
Self loathing is a bitch

>> No.6985643

>>6985587
me on the left

>> No.6985648

>>6985587
Now draw them kissing.

>> No.6985814

>>6985587
>Somebody explain Imposter Syndrome to me.

>> No.6986413
File: 99 KB, 750x1000, thumbs up anime girl.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6985814
>Imposter Syndrome

Wow, excellent interpretation. I actually Learned Something™.

>> No.6986441

>>6985587
remember anon, self loathing is a form of vanity.

>> No.6986573
File: 133 KB, 960x719, 52723191_403076980523362_9029453468871426048_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6986441

getting some https://www.gutenberg.org/files/174/174-h/174-h.htm
vibes from this post.

However, I don’t propose to discuss politics, sociology, or metaphysics with you. I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world. Tell me more about Mr. Dorian Gray. How often do you see him?”

“Every day. I couldn’t be happy if I didn’t see him every day. He is absolutely necessary to me.”

“How extraordinary! I thought you would never care for anything but your art.”

“He is all my art to me now,” said the painter gravely. “I sometimes think, Harry, that there are only two eras of any importance in the world’s history. The first is the appearance of a new medium for art, and the second is the appearance of a new personality for art also. What the invention of oil-painting was to the Venetians, the face of Antinous was to late Greek sculpture, and the face of Dorian Gray will some day be to me. It is not merely that I paint from him, draw from him, sketch from him. Of course, I have done all that. But he is much more to me than a model or a sitter. I won’t tell you that I am dissatisfied with what I have done of him, or that his beauty is such that art cannot express it. There is nothing that art cannot express, and I know that the work I have done, since I met Dorian Gray, is good work, is the best work of my life. But in some curious way—I wonder will you understand me?—his personality has suggested to me an entirely new manner in art, an entirely new mode of style. I see things differently, I think of them differently. I can now recreate life in a way that was hidden from me before. ‘A dream of form in days of thought’—who is it who says that? I forget; but it is what Dorian Gray has been to me.

>> No.6986676

really nice joke but I'm afraid average anon is too retarded to understand it

>> No.6986758
File: 96 KB, 1135x552, the lore is thus.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6985648

That would never happen. Nobody in the stickman universe is fucking anybody. Its a Sisyphus-like Paradox where Blue is gay but childhood friends with Red and cant admit to him he drew a red anime version of red as a body pillow. He cherishes Red as a friend and art rival too much to ever admit his feelings for Red, Who is clearly straight because he lusts for Green, the class nude model, who dated Red for 6 years. Green dumps Red for Purple, who is more mature. Red now copes with the fact Purple, the stable Librarian type who lives in a condo, is probably have wild fantastic sex with Green. He gets so imaginative he cant help but draw big titty anime fetish art of Green, who he eternally SIMPs for, but can never have again. Purple, in reality, is asexual, and just lives with Green for having his large book collection and a nice condo. Green is frustrated with Purple and lets Red hit on her occasionally, just to make Purple jealous, but this is where it gets comedic, Purple is always just reading books. He quotes then too often.

Blue finds Purple obnoxious in his brief interactions with Purple, but does occasionally write fanfics about Red X Purple with strong writing and Shoujo quality leads. He always brings Red back to ground level.

So its like a love Square lol?

>Red: Oh god Green why did you leave me.....
>Blue: You don't need her Red ! (thoughts: You need me GAH I LOVE YOU RED BUT THE FRIENDSHIP MAN)
>Green: God why is purple not noticing how much I miss Red...Oh god I don't actually secretly still love Red...? NO purple. Purple you like. Red is so....immature...silly. Heh.
>Purple: Sing me in muse, The tale of Brave Odysseus.....You guys ever read this? It's not half bad.

>> No.6986763
File: 42 KB, 628x552, black and pink.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Pink and Black are their own Thing. Pink is M->F - Trans and is married for tax purposes to Black, who is F->M Trans.

They mainly smoke weed and commentate on the love square from the sidelines and function as the "chorus" or Narrators, or voice of the people.

>Pink: Is red ever gonna just gonna come out and admit hes a piece of fuckign shit to Green or what???
>Black: Dude. He's a loser. They all are, at least we fuck.
>pink: Well, yeah.

>> No.6986810

>>6986573
homosexual

>> No.6986846

>>6985587
Is the joke that red made a soulfull, earnest portrait of blue, while blue made gay anime shit?

>> No.6986968

>>6986846
The joke is essentially, or at least the attempt is:

>If a stickman draws a stickman, is it realism?

Red and Blue are actually the same person, my two inner dichotimies. The blue is the joyful hobbyist who WANTS to draw, but he wants it so bad he fails to see his own worth in both attempt and progress. He is his own worst enemy, you'll see blue guy often in >I'm NGMI threads. We all know that feel. For me, It's Anime. I have no procilivty towards Anime but want to draw it so badly I practice alot. The end result impresses nobody and I don't care. I like it. Blue is essentially , down his body pillow, the diehard hikkikomori force to devote your life to drawing if only to draw shallow anime girls, still, its what matters to you and feeds your, probably straight white male demographic.
Red represents the raw force of "Rage to Master" syndrome seen in considerably talented cases. Starting from a young age, they easily acquire over 10k hours of practice through "I just do this for fun!". HOWEVER they are in danger of succumbing to their ego and societal approval which ends up draining their creative output in favor of the ego driven "Well yeah, I'm an ArTiSt i Just DoNT drAW!". This where blueguy is your best friend. Taking the time to show red, you don't always have to push yourself so hard.

I'm originally russian speaking and was considered a more or less prodigy in realism painting by my teenage years. Not going to Art School and also going to Art school, and mainly I have to thank /ic/ for tampering down my ego here. I ended up losing all my friends to embrace the NEET life and I found it difficult to rebuild social trust again. I had to lean into my hobbies more than I had ever before.

You get what you give: don't fake it until you make it, dont be the artist you wish you were, you have to shoot for outright SISYPHUS level forced smiling through the later plateaus and drawing art blocks ALONGSIDE getting older and having IRL and a real job.

>> No.6987024

>>6986968
TL;DR

>> No.6988951

>>6985587
Neato

>> No.6988958

>>6987024
Russian neet make silly stickman alter inspired gay story.

>> No.6988960

>>6986968
>I was considered more or less a prodigy in realism painting in my teenage years
>In a Russian art school

Yeah I'm gonna need some proof to back that up fucking ASAP bro

>> No.6988963
File: 132 KB, 1500x1000, IMG_0053.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6986968
Good, now this time with less autism and more coherence.

>> No.6989249

>>6985587
really good, I liked it!
isn't even cheesy, just good energy

>> No.6989735

>>6986763
Fucking cringe