[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 40 KB, 600x375, 89efdfe9701b7212a8aa3a7cc91a5c81.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6943123 No.6943123 [Reply] [Original]

Black friday has no real sales edition

This is a thread to discuss all kinds of digital drawing hardware.

Recommended tablets:
>Pen tablets (non display)
Wacom Intuos pro
Huion Inspiroy
Xencelab Pen Tablet
XP Pen Deco (v2 if you can afford it)

>Display tablets
Wacom Cintiq pro
Huion Kamvas plus/pro
XP-Pen Artist
Xencelab Pen display

>Mobile tablets
Apple iPad Pro
Samsung Galaxy Tab
Surface Pro 8/9
Kanvas studio
Wacom mobile studio

>What tablets does /dtg/ use?
https://strawpoll.com/polls/NoZrLOmrDn3

>General guidelines when picking a tablet:
- All of the recommended models are part of large lines with multiple sizes/generations available. Buy the biggest/newest in your budget. Medium-Large pen tablets or 16-24" display tablets are considered the sweet spot by most artists.
- If you don't see a tablet you're interested in listed, ask about it. This isn't a definitive list, just one to give you an idea where to start looking.
- Avoid Chinese tablets 4+ years old or made by literally who brands like gaomon, ugee, parblo, etc. They were generally dogshit, and the reason Wacom had a monopoly for so many years. Newer models from huion and xp-pen are much better.
- Wacom is still the industry standard, but they're overpriced and a lot of pros abd studios are switching. Chinese brands have mostly caught up in the past few years and will provide a near identical user experience for a fraction of the price.

>Display Calibration tools:
https://www.eizo.be/monitor-test/
http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/
https://tftcentral.co.uk/articles/icc_profiles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avJTz1JhkR4 [Open]
(Use this guide to roughly calibrate your display if you don't want to invest hundreds into a colorimeter you'll only use a few times)

Previous thread: >>6898017

>> No.6943133

>>6943123
Does anyone here use csp on an android or ios tablet? I'm too used to the shortcuts on pc I can't see how I could adapt to a touch interface but I have to use a portable tablet since I move around a lot. Do you use a keyboard with your tablet? Assuming you have a flat surface to put it on. Or is there any convenient set up for csp on a touch screen? I don't want to use procreate or other minimalistic apps

>> No.6943142

>>6943133
I do and am spoiled by keybinds but carrying one around was more annoyance than it was worth.
In the end it was easier for me to just tap around on the UI, I put a lot of stuff on quick access so it was easier. At the end of the day it's not as good as at home so don't sweat it too much - your gonna be finishing or editing your work on a PC anyway - keybinds and slower speed aside the screen is smaller and if you have a big cintiq or such you'll notice the difference in your brushwork.

tl;dr just take advantage of the portability, it's what you got it for at the end of the day. Nothing beats PC

>> No.6943149

>>6943133
>>6943142
this is why I ended up getting a kamvas studio 16 to replace my ipad. I do carry around a shortcut remote with it (huion keydial instead of my tourbox until I can find a deal on another tourbox elite), but overall it feels the same as drawing on my desktop, so I can actually do more than just sketching when away from my desk. Fucking huge for me.

>> No.6943154

>>6943149
>>6943142
I have a cintiq 24 at home with the remote (I'm actually so terminal that I don't even know the keyboard shortcuts how long I've been using my own keybinds on the remote) and I have a galaxy tab s7+ for portability.
Tbh I don't need to bring portfolio pieces to completion on the go so I can enjoy it just for the portability alone, I can get most work done but not all of it. That being said it's heavy and I wouldn't actually mind going for an even smaller tablet - for sketching and basic render I don't have a need for a powerhouse and it would be even more comfortable portability wise

>> No.6943157

>>6943154
Have you tried a galaxy note? I use mine to sketch a lot when I can't use anything else. Thing is fucking GOATed since I always have my phone with me.

>> No.6943163
File: 35 KB, 355x500, pim-716842-normal.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

csp....black friday.........

>> No.6943164

>>6943157
I do actually lmao It's the first device I got and it got me back into drawing
I drew on it alone for half a year and still use it with ibis paint for quick sketches and thumbnails on the train. But if I can sit down at a cafe or something then I take the tablet with me

>> No.6943165

>>6943134
55 layers at 3k is actually pretty good, I think I underestimated it actually.

>> No.6943187

Should I upgrade from an Xp-pen 24 to a Cintiq pro 16 or a Kamvas Pro 16 Plus? I've had the 24 for a while and while its a good tablet, I've always thought it was a little too big and kind of a hassle to use. Kinda sucks that it's only 1440p as well. Anyone have either the Wacom or Huion 16s? What do you think about them?

>> No.6943200

>>6943187
assuming the kamvas 16 feels the same as the studio 16, very good. Biggest difference is going to be the drawing feel of the screen protector vs glass, and obviously the size. 16 inch is adequately big to not feel cramped at all and allows you to easily draw with your shoulder.

>> No.6943871

>>6943133
i have on pc and on a tab s9+
is the same interface but also have a simplified interface that i didn't like
there is an option to disable touches and just work with the pen that i recomend because the palm rejection it's a meme
you can hide submenus anyway but i still don't have the same feeling that my pc gives me for pressure sensitive reasons , maybe is just lack of pratice since the pens are different
the most significant change between pc and tablet is the ctrl +z is touching with 2 fingers, you maybe can think that is fast to touch the screen but is not

>> No.6944029

What is the best monitor to use for digital art? I've just realized that my old ass monitor has been screwing with my color perception compared to a new-ish monitor which displayed colors way better and now I want to buy one of the more premium monitors for this.

>> No.6944168

>Galaxy Tab

is it actually any good?

>> No.6944481

>>6944029
basically any IPS display will do the job, but something like a dell u2723qe would serve you very well. Apple's displays, as overpriced as they are, are also very good.

>> No.6944527

>>6940967
>>6942885
pls respond I need to make a decision before black friday. All recent kamvas pro 13 reviews are for the 2.5K version

>> No.6944544

>>6944527
personally I'd be weary of buying a 4+ year old chink tablet unless that's all you can afford, especially since the updated versions of them aren't much more expensive, the newer pen is supposedly a huge upgrade over the old one, and 12/13" tablets in general are pretty cramped. I have no experience with them so I can't say for sure that those models are good or have fixed issues with firmware updates, but for what it's worth, the 3 huion tablets I've tried (kamvas 22 plus, 24 plus, and studio 16) haven't had any issues like that.

>> No.6944581

I was thinking of buying a new laptop based on the black Friday deals on Amazon but I'm suspicious of the quality, especially those MSI laptops. Anything would be an upgrade from my dell optiplex 990 but these sales feel like traps for poor people.

>> No.6944852

>>6944581
laptops just suck in general

>> No.6944940

>>6943123
>every black friday tablet deal is just hiked up to msrp then "discounted" to the same price it was before
this should be illegal

>> No.6944957

>>6944940
Wait for cyber Monday.

>> No.6945145

>LG ultragear
>48inch
>4K resolution
>OLED
>876USD
For a photo editing rig. Should I?

>> No.6945235

>>6944581
just watch multiple reviews for one particular laptop, and know for which purpose you're going to use them for. Expensive gaming laptops are usually bulky but you have to remember they're for heat management
>>6944852
as long as you don't expect them to perform as good as pc it's fine. You're paying the price mostly for the convenience, not the specs.

>> No.6945241

>>6945235
I decided I’ll just keep using my desktop toaster until maybe half the decade is over. It still runs apps and weeb games just fine and so there is no need to spend money I dont have.

>> No.6945242

>>6944544
yeah I'm getting 13" because I'm drawing for hobby, not professional use. I guess I just don't want to fork out money for the latest tablets because it's not a career investment. I'll just wait for the price drop and see if I'll pick up the 13 2.5K instead of the old Pro 13. But it's kinda tough relying on reviews because every once in a while you'd see someone posting comments saying that Huion is a piece a shit that stopped working after a year or so.

>> No.6945298

>>6944168
it is good!
i use a tab s8 and also used to use a tab s7 fe for a short time. from a hardware standpoint, it's identical to gen1 wacom one screen and gen2 wacom one screen&screenless. if art was an serious job of mine, i would unify my setup. that way if anything kicks the bucket i'll still have compatible tech remaining. did i mention you're not stuck with either samsung or wacom? search wacom emr compatible tech&pencils:

https://www.lamy.com/en/emr/

advices, get a cover case and a
on screen protector. that shit is going to scratch crazy if left bare. if you don't like the felty nib (and to be honest those contribute to screen scratches), gen1 wacom one nibs work with REGULAR s-pens at least up to s8 line. s-pens (and wacom emr tech) should be backward and forward compatible, just really old samsung tech doesn't have tilt recognition.

software wise, clip studio paint exists, and i believe samsung has an edge in that their months free trial period if downloaded through galaxy store lasts months more than play store or app store. if you're from a shithole country galaxy store prices are much cheaper compared to those as well.

there's infinite painter, the procreate alternative (to note though, it's both on android and ios/ipados). i like but it's flunky at times. rare times one of those flunks could potentially mess up my file, i didn't have an botched autosave. but my main gripe is the import/export jobs. i guess export jobs aren't the issue but import jobss rarely come out as intended regardless of how much i modify it so it can read the data properly. i guess many would export from infinite painter to some more feature rich program, but i really like how infinite painter handles filters. you can have them both baked on your desired layer, and on a seperate layer. (1/?)

>> No.6945305

>>6945298
nta but i wanna add that the S7 FE is a great little tool but do not under any circumstances buy the 4gig model, it's hellish

>> No.6945306
File: 29 KB, 401x424, sad will smith.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is there really no screen protector that keeps the feeling of etched glass?

>> No.6945310

>>6944957
Do price drop lower on cyber monday?

>> No.6945327

>>6945298
there's also hipaint (which is also both on android and ios/ipados i believe) which ui-wise is more like procreate and younger artists use it as such. it was better when it first released, then they added and, and now asks for location permissions to let me use bluetooth, and no other app requested my location to use bluetooth in my life (since it's a chink app i was alerted extra). there are paywalled features. you can cheat your way through luckypatcher, albeit it recognizes it's being tampered with. only thing that stopped working after though was the timelapse feature. it was promising but at this point either pay for infinite painter or get an modded apk if you don't want to pay.

there's also infinite design (for vector stuff, albeit it's neglected compared to infinite painter), ibispaint, medibang paint, artflow, artrage vitae, layerpaint hd, concepts, tayasui sketches, zenbrush 1 and 3, and nomad sculpt for 3d. there's also penup, by samsung themselves. i always saw it as an alternative to tayasui sketches but it got recently updated and feels more like hipaint now. they also got rid of previous brushes...

ios/ipados has an edge in that it's got way more art apps, but i personally like less options we have. i'd love to have fresco (i'd actually pay adobe moneybucks if fresco was made available, but i don't think adobe will bother), paintstorm studio and realistic paint studio though. this one will never happen but my chances of buying procreate is higher than my chances of buying an ipad.

all in all, if i ever get out of this economic rut, i'll actually buy a s-pen compatible galaxybook. they left me impressed. (1/2)

>> No.6945336

>>6945306
unless you can find an etched glass screen protector, no.

>> No.6945337

>>6945305
i cant believe i forgot to mention this.

the ui samsung has made for android, which is oneui, is a fucking ramhog. anything 4 gigs and below will make you shed your skin from your flesh. samsung also released s9 fe and s9 fe+ recently, which are barely different from s7 fe specs wise besides s9 fe+ being more of a successor of s7 fe than s9 fe. i think they're going to ditch the lite line they had for s6 series of tablets.

>> No.6945345
File: 72 KB, 800x800, ipad mini 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It is worth it to use a second hand Ipaid mini 2?

>> No.6945349

>>6945345
sounds like it would be absolutely horrid to draw on because of the size. Does it even support the apple pencil?

>> No.6945379

>>6945298
>and to be honest those contribute to screen scratches), gen1 wacom one nibs work with REGULAR s-pens at least up to s8 line.
SO THIS IS WHY MY PLASTIC PROTECTORS GET SCRATCHED LIKE CRAZY
Do you get fewer scratches with the wacom nibs you mentioned? How are they compared to the spen's default soft nibs? I rather like the friction it has but the scratches are annoying. And is it comfirmed that wacom nibs won't work with the s9 and future lines or you just can't confirm that it does? The website you linked only has the samsung tablets up to the s8

>> No.6945421

>>6943154
I have an ipad for portability/on the go, and a cintiq 16 (non-pro) at my desk. I'm tempted to pick up the 24, but always wonder if I really would need the extra screen space. What do you think anon?

>> No.6945430

>>6945379

i don't think i've got a scratch from my pen after switching the nib with the wacom ones. there are other factors of scratches of course. personally if i get another tab s tablet i won't even start to use it after scoring a cover case and a screen protector.

wacom one nibs are just plastic so if you want a spongy feel, i'm so sorry for that.

i'm saying regular s-pens because certain s-pens might not be compatible with any kind of third party nibs. i sadly do not have any s9 tablet to confirm that the wacom one nibs actually do work with the s-pens that come with the s9 line. i think s-pen pro for example is incompatible with wacom one nibs or any third party nibs for that matter. same probably goes for the s-pen fold edition.

i don't think they updated the tech enough to cause compatibility disturbance. samsung recently released s-pen creator edition which is reminiscent of an apple pencil. i think that one is backwards compatible. and i think the tech runs deep and there are archaic wacom emr compatible pens that even if poorly would at least work. and some of these pens are advertised with the recently released wacom one gen2 tablets by wacom themselves, and gen2 wacom one stylus should work with s9 since samsung is reliant on wacom on that front. in general i feel like s9 is just s8 but waterproof, that and they ditched LCD for amoled on all tiers.

>> No.6945440

>>6945430
except the s9 fe line which still use LCD albeit it seems a different kind.

>> No.6945453
File: 2.94 MB, 3616x4892, 57961.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This is from an history book from the 80's or 90's.

Are they pencil colors, or was there digital editing involved? I want to know if it is possible to make work this clean and precise using traditional techniques alone

>> No.6945457

Is any ipad good for drawing?
I was thinking of getting a cheap 400 dollar one for drawing on.
I have a samsung s7 but i play games on it and lose my stylus often plus it doesnt have procreate.

>> No.6945680

>>6945457
by all means waste your money

>> No.6945759

>>6945457
>I have a samsung s7 but i play games on it and lose my stylus often plus it doesnt have procreate.
if you lose your stylus, what makes you think you won't lose your apple pencil?
there are also multiple procreate clones for android.

>> No.6945802

>>6943163
https://www.clipstudio.net/en/purchase/
60% off
it's here my friend

>> No.6945805
File: 3.72 MB, 498x498, 1672745132588.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6945802
Ahh thank you my friend

>> No.6945807

>>6945805
also you'll get a free upgrade to 3.0 next year apparently
based celsys black friday

>> No.6945818

>>6943123
I need someone to tell me if Wacom's art pen the only stylus that can do barrel rotation.
I'm thinking of picking up the XP Pen Artist Pro 16 gen 2 because it's the complete package but I've only had experience with Wacom.
I've also heard non-Wacom tablets are much worse quality.
If there's no rotation I'm getting the Cintiq 16 standard. Help please the deals are ending

>> No.6945825
File: 2.96 MB, 1280x720, chinesetabs_1.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6945818
>xp-pen
>rotation
LOL Broken garbage.

>> No.6945833

>>6945825
Fuck even their supposed super special X3 pen does this? so i can forget about pen rotation?
Wacom may rape my wallet but at least they're dependable. Never had issues with my 22HD but wanted to get a 16 inch display for travel. Sucks I'll be sticking with 1080p on Cintiq 16.

>> No.6945837

>>6945825
go back to bumping your containment thread, retard. you already got shit on there.
>>6919382
>>6919386
you also just showed you have no idea what the fuck he's even asking. that's tilt, not rotation.
>>6945818
that I know of, wacom is still the only one that offers barrel rotation.

>> No.6945840

>>6945457
unless you need portability you should just opt for a cintiq

>> No.6945844

>>6945833
>Fuck even their supposed super special X3 pen does this? so i can forget about pen rotation?
no. not even their previous generation did that. Every xp pen/huion pen offers tilt support, but no rotation. their build quality is also the same as wacom now.

>> No.6945853

>>6945844
Embarrassing shilling, Chang. You know you're a bullshit artist and you're desperate to make that sale LOL.

>> No.6945862

>>6945853
Yes, look at my extremely skilled shill technique
>>6945818
>If there's no rotation I'm getting the Cintiq 16 standard.
>>6945837
>that I know of, wacom is still the only one that offers barrel rotation.
You don't even draw. Just fuck off.

>> No.6945865

>>6945862
Not him but I find rotation really useful when painting, not so much drawing. I'm sure XP Pen offers a comparable experience but pen barreling is a big part of my workflow now. Without I don't see a point, desu Wacom doesn't really care about it either lol, they probably see it a niche gimmick. It should be the standard in their pens but it isn't.

>> No.6945866
File: 653 KB, 400x400, 1691470270985.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Are non display tablets good or should you save for a display one?

>> No.6945870

>>6945865
yeah I literally can't think of a time it would be useful for drawing, but if it's a feature you need, then that's the one use case where nothing but wacom will work for you.

>> No.6945872

>>6945866
Depends, I'd say if you're exclusive painting a non-display tablet is good enough for the time bekng.
If you're drawing a display is indispensable desu

>> No.6945874

>>6945870
Trust me I'm gutted because the Xppen pro 16 gen 2 looks great to me and it's cheaper than a 16 Cintiq. But I need the barreling

>> No.6945875

>>6945866
purely personal preference. I fucking hate pen tablets and almost gave up digital art entirely because it just frustrated me. but some people love them.

>> No.6945877

>>6945865
Aaron Rutten also makes heavy use of barrel rotation in his workflow in Corel Painter. He will tell you to stay the fuck away from XP Pen and Huion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q2tCvdcLII

Watch the whole video for a wide array of demonstrations. Wacom is simply more reliable when it comes to pen usability.

>> No.6945884

>>6945877
>aaron shilling his youtube channel again
>with the same 4 year old video
this thread was so comfy, can you just leave and go back to jerking off to the wacom logo?

>> No.6945889

Notice how the chinese idiot >>6945884 is already seething at the mere mention of aaron rutten

He already monitors the other thread every waking hour of his day, making fake bump posts for some reason. Like, we're dealing with a serious loser here xD

>> No.6945893

>>6945889
literally no one cares about this shit but you.

>> No.6945924

>>6945825
>>6945853
>>6945877
>>6945889
>Aaron

>> No.6945974
File: 114 KB, 571x575, imagem_2023-11-22_185425961.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

this store in my country is doing 50% off on cintiqs. I owned a Gaomon chink display but the pen broke, so I just went back to using my intous M and it's very ok + I'm nt hunched over the display. But this feels like such a steal, should I get it?

>> No.6945975

>>6945924
Aaron should really grind some fundies.
You hear him talking and he sounds a pro, but then you see the art he produces...

>> No.6945986

>>6945974
It's the best discount I've seen on a display all black friday

>> No.6945987

>>6945974
What store is that??

>> No.6946037

>>6945974
Can you please give me a link to the store page?

>> No.6946211

>>6945802
>>6945807
Fucking hell, I just purchased mine the other day

>> No.6946215

>>6946211
Contact support. They're typically very helpful

>> No.6946216

>>6946211
skill issue but do what the other anon said

>> No.6946228

>>6946215
>>6946216
Don't think that's possible, I bought an annual pass for android, not the one time purchase on pc. Beside, what do I even tell them? Hey, why don't you return the money I already paid you for no reason?

>> No.6946234

>>6945802
why should i use this program compared to something like krita? why should i buy it?

>> No.6946235

>>6946234
use the free trial and see if you like it.

>> No.6946237

>>6946228
>Hey, why don't you return the money I already paid you for no reason?
lots of companies honor discounts if you bought something very close to sales

>> No.6946245

bros I already have a license for 2.0 (upgraded from 1.0)
Upgrade price with 3.0 drops is $23. Sale price for 2 with free 3.0 is $20

Do you think there will be discounts to upgrade like there were this year, or should I just buy another license?

>> No.6946332

>>6946245
going by previous sales there's a good chance it'll be 60% off again in march when it releases so even if the upgrade isn't discounted then you won't get FOMO'd out of the $20 price

>> No.6946368

>>6945802
Wtf? I have version 1.0, does upgrading give the same benefits? If not, that’s retarded.

>> No.6946409
File: 14 KB, 512x420, Screenshot_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have a question, is this my tablet's fault? or my fault?
I know if I draw carefully this doesn't happen, it's only when I do it fast, though it's weird to see that the conection between lines happen at the start of the stroke and not the end of it

>> No.6946422

>>6945974
Those are some pretty amazing prices, especially for the 22.

>> No.6946429
File: 39 KB, 480x480, 4a40ca861fde13c96e122b1f17ad29d9-1672218762635.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6943123
Have anyone used this before as a remote? It's tiny has 12 keys. Some artists recommend it as a substitute for the tab mate while being only a third as expensive.

>> No.6946455

>>6946429
just looked this up. Install Antimicro. I just tried it with a ps4 controller and it works amazingly.

>> No.6946506

>>6946429
It's a real shame Tabmate still can't work on ipad.

>> No.6946507

>>6946429
I use this with my ipad

>> No.6946510

>>6946507
I use procreate which is actually intuitive

>> No.6946522

>>6946510
I procreate with your mother intuitively.

>> No.6946547

>>6945866
You should save your neck, shoulders and lower back by joining the proud ranks of the Large Trad Tablet Chads instead of falling for the Screen Meme to be honest, family

>> No.6946557

>>6946547
you should learn that there's zero reason to be hunched over a display tablet to draw, and the ergo meme is completely made up

>> No.6946572
File: 564 KB, 1200x1500, IMG_4955.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6946557
Find me a candid photo of someone using a screen tablet with this mythical "proper" poster. You're either hunched over it with your head tilted down gradually contorting your once healthy human body into the pitiable form of the Tech Neck Nigga or your arm and shoulder are raised Sieg Heiling the screen which will give RMS and leaves you working against gravity, with greater strain and reduced accuracy. Only the Large Trad Tablet Chad knows the peerless drawing experience, consistency and comfort provided by a Large Wacom

>> No.6946575
File: 787 KB, 1125x1305, IMG_9452.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Look at this Screencel, lmoa

>> No.6946580

>>6946572
There's realistically only 3 (4) options for comfy drawing.

Be a trad chad
Go 100% screenless and invest in a nice monitor
Attach an ergo arm to your screened tablet
(4) A desk that can be adjusted by height can also work I guess

Extra tip stop breaking your damn backs, get a decent chair.

>> No.6946591
File: 25 KB, 700x260, What-is-the-correct-drawing-position-700x260[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6946580
>Be a trad chad
you can have a display tablet set up identically to how you would draw traditionally.
>>6946575
>>6946572
give me a single reason why you can't draw with a digital tablet like this. because I do and it's very comfortable even with hours of use.

>> No.6946592

>>6946580
>invest in a nice monitor
My biggest criticism of trad tablets is the fact that their designs have become dated. Monitor size averages have gotten much bigger over time and Wacom etc. have not kept up with these trends. Currently these tablets are best utilized in conjunction with a laptop monitor or a monitor at or around 20 inches in size. The bigger the monitor the more "slippery" the feeling of cursor acceleration becomes. We need bigger active areas fit within the same or smaller footprints imho.

>> No.6946600

>>6946591
What you're describing is the healthiest way to draw traditionally or with a screen, however I would contend they are still very different:

In traditional media drawing you're constantly needing to attend to the needs of the media. Pencils need to be sharpened, paint needs to be reapplied to your brush etc.; in some methods you're even walking towards and away from your canvas, and because of this your body is in constant motion.

>t. former atelier student

In digital this isn't the case. You have no impetus or incentive to alter your movements until the point you feel physical discomfort at which point you either stop drawing much earlier than necessary or simply push through the strain which is unhealthy. People often attempt to favorably compare screen drawing with the sort done on paper and I can only disagree-apart from all that, whenever you see pictures of people using screen tablets few if any are doing it that way.

>> No.6946619

>The bigger the monitor the more "slippery" the feeling of cursor acceleration becomes. We need bigger active areas fit within the same or smaller footprints imho.
That's not how it works at all.

>> No.6946631

>>6946619
The closer what you see on your screen relates to what you're doing with your hand the better. The disconnect is proportionally greater the larger the discrepancy there is between the size of the active area of your tablet and the screen you're drawing on.

>> No.6946635

>>6946600
>whenever you see pictures of people using screen tablets few if any are doing it that way.
tbf most pictures are people using wacom tablets which give you the most pathetically worthless tablet feet in the world if you don't want to spend $500 on their stand. the xp pen and huion stands let you have your tablet almost vertical, which I've done since day 1 basically.

>> No.6946848
File: 102 KB, 1601x1601, 61Rt1RXGH7L.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6946429
For anyone thinking about using this one as a one handed remote, I did a little bit of research and apparently they just released this new one in august, same size with 4 more buttons and a mobile app to customize the inputs. I'm gonna order this and report back later

>> No.6946850

>>6945305
>>6945337
I wish I knew this before I bought mine, even though the processor is faster than the one on my phone, it feels slower just navigating the ui, and it barely can keep two apps open for more than a few minutes

>> No.6946856
File: 351 KB, 1467x898, xenxsc02.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6946429
>>6946455
>>6946506
>>6946507
>>6946510
>>6946848
Use a joycon with joytokey to remap inputs if you're at a desktop / windows PC, or get the Xenx SC-02 if you're using an ipad.
It's a (somewhat overpriced) hotkey thing that comes with an app so you can change the keybindings and thus have it work with literally any software (as long as the software supports key input of any sort and isn't fucking retarded like Procreate not having a pan key you can bind)
They're the most ergonomic options that I've ever found, and I've tried basically everything under the sun.

>> No.6946862

>>6946856
Problem is the joycon has fewer buttons and seems unwieldy, and for the price of the xenx I would sooner go for the tabmate.

>> No.6946867
File: 17 KB, 340x350, 71BRCmLxRvL._AC_UF350,350_QL80_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6946862
>Problem is the joycon has fewer buttons
A joycon has plenty of fucking buttons, just set up the shoulder buttons to be used as layer toggles and you have 3x the input of the face and side buttons in total.

It's also the most comfortable to hold for hours on end after you put a battery grip (empty) on it. Absolutely wonderful.

>> No.6946870

>>6946856
tsk, taaaakaaai na

>> No.6946873

>>6946870
I found a discount code “ XENXSC20”, thanks anon. >>6946856

>> No.6946883

>>6946867
>A joycon has plenty of fucking buttons
Well I have no idea. I don't have a switch. If I can find a local store which sells only one side of them I will give it a try

>> No.6947613

>>6946883
I don't see a reason why you would buy a joycon specifically for this when you can get an actual shortcut/macropad for the same price. the joycon thing is more for people that already own them.

>> No.6947626

>>6946873
I bought it. When I get it I’ll let you guys know how it is.

>> No.6947627

What's a good price range for an 3rd gen ipad pro 12.9 inch 256gb? Looking on Amazon for an excellent condition its about $599
I also have no idea how Amazon "measures" the quality of used tech, does anyone have experience of buying used stuff from Amazon?

>> No.6947628

>>6943123
I'm looking for a mobile tablet under around $200, anyone here have experience of XPPen's tablets being a good quality for that price?

>> No.6947630

>>6947627
I would use Ebay instead.

>> No.6947635

>>6947627
>on Amazon
ebay, facebook, offerup, swappa
you should be able to pick one up for $400-500 easily.

>> No.6947643

>>6947628
as in one to connect to your phone? because they don't make a standalone. your only option for a standalone tablet under $200 will be 1st, maybe 2nd gen ipad pro, galaxy tab s6 or s7, or a surface pro 5 or maybe 6.

>> No.6947652

>>6947643
>standalone
I think that's the right term i'm looking for yeah. I feel like different companies keep switching up words and it's confuses me on what tablets don't need to be hooked up to a computer or not.
Or i'm just retarded, it's probably that.
>they don't make a standalone
Well that sucks. I'm tempted to get a Galaxy tab then, but I really want to have programmable buttons on the tablet itself.

>> No.6947702

>>6947652
>I really want to have programmable buttons on the tablet itself.
I think the wacom mobilestudio pro is the only tablet with shortcut keys built into the bezel. even the old 13" version will run you at least like $600. ipad or galaxy tab is your best option, or if you're okay with attaching it to your phone, then you can swing for something like a kamvas pro 13. but even then you need a power brick, so it's not as mobile as any standalone tablet.

>> No.6947723

>>6947613
Because the joycon ergonomics are unironically better than any macropad.

>t. the one fucking person on this board that actually draws for full time work

>>6947702
The MobileStudio Pros are also 8 years old by now, so you definitely don't want to buy those clunky things.

>> No.6948085

>>6947723
tourbox is goated, sorry pal.

>> No.6948091

Cintiq 16in for ~500 bucks. Should I get it? Been wanting to try digital art for a long time but dunno what are some good beginner tablets.

>> No.6948093

>>6948085
You forgot your name, Totally not a Tourbox employee

>> No.6948096

>>6948091
The Cintiq 16 is great for that price. Plenty of space to get used to working digitally and apart from the very edges being a bit off, the actual portion of the tablet you'll be drawing on will be better than most any other non-Wacom tablet out there.

>> No.6948122

>>6948093
okay, Totally not a Nintendo employee

>> No.6948123

>>6948096
>the actual portion of the tablet you'll be drawing on will be better than most any other non-Wacom tablet out there.
this is just factually wrong lmfao

>> No.6948126

>>6948123
You're just factually retarded. Maybe try out one (or ideally more than one type of tablet, you armchair speculative bitch) before you start spewing nonsense.

>> No.6948128

>>6948126
every chink tablet for the same price absolutely mogs wacom. for $500, get an xp pen artist pro 16 gen 2 or a kamvas 22 plus.

>> No.6948131

>>6948128
cringe

>> No.6948134

>>6948131
>noooo, my shitty screen protector and like 2% color coverage are superior because it has a wacom logo on it!!

>> No.6948172

Is the jump from 1080 to 1440 huge? And if so what's the best value 1440p to get?

>> No.6948191

Huion Kamvas 24 Plus for 520 a good deal? It's refurbished

>> No.6948336

any ideas what the cheapest tablet for my autistic use case is?
until now i've been using flipnote studio on my 3DS XL to draw, and i'd basically like the same experience but scaled up. it's important that it has a screen so i can look directly at what i'm drawing, and ideally it would feel similar to use (which might mean not really needing pressure sensitivity, but still having good response times.)

i'd understand if there isn't a clear option for such a specific case of baby duck syndrome, but if there is i'd like to know.

>> No.6948377

>>6948336
You're weirdly in luck it looks like?
https://gamejolt.com/games/clipnote/412713

>> No.6948417

What's a budget arm stand to get? Everything I see recommended is like 90 dollars

>> No.6948484

>>6945242
Honestly I'd recommend getting a kamvas 16 or a 22 plus instead of the 13 pro. I love my 22 plus to death and it hasn't given me any trouble save for a small driver conflict right at the beginning. Even that was because I didn't uninstall my wacom drivers before hand. The pen accuracy is completely fine too, all the battery free pens are worlds better than the old shitty ones. Pic related.

13 inches is too small for the 2.5k screen to mean much anyway, and a bigger tablet will give you much more line control as it'll let you draw more from your shoulder.

>>6945306
Just don't use a screen protector and clean your tablet screen periodically. I wipe my tablet down with a little splash of 30% isopropyl alcohol on a paper towel before I draw and I haven't gotten any serious scratches on my screen in over 2 years. There are a few very very fine ones but they don't show up at all unless the screen is off and they don't affect the feel of the tablet at all.

>>6948417
I would spend the $90 anon. You're balancing a whole ton of weight and a good chunk of money on that arm, the last thing you want is for it to give out on you if you bump it or something.

>>6948336
Really any screened tablet is gonna be a shit ton nicer than a 3ds. Get one of the cheap chinese screened tablets, I've said I like huion but really any of the brands will do as long as you get one with a battery free pen. Do yourself a favor and buy it through amazon or something too, I've never had to deal with their customer service but I've heard some horror stories. It's much easier to just toss it back to amazon in the unlikely event you get a dud.

>>6948191
Where are you getting it from? That's a pretty good deal but that depends on who did the refurbishing and what the return policy is. Like I said the chinese manufacturers allegedly have pretty bad customer service so I'd be a bit wary of buying something directly from them, especially if it was previously defective.

>> No.6948496

>>6948484
>kamvas 16 chinese garbage
No.

>> No.6948584

this any good? i know it seems extremely chinkish, but I just want something to practice on since i'm a beg, kek. https://www.amazon.com/TeinenRon-Graphics-Battery-Free-Compatible-Painting/dp/B0CHF4TNXM/ref=sr_1_11?crid=3M7DFP7KGFAH5&keywords=DRAWING%2BTABLEt%2B10x6%2Bwork%2Barea&qid=1700846199&sprefix=drawing%2Btablet%2B10x6%2Bwork%2Barea%2Caps%2C120&sr=8-11&th=1

>> No.6948625

>>6948584
Just drop an extra $20 on a brand someone's heard of.

>> No.6948631

>>6948417
do not use a cheap stand. Cheap stands aren't intended to be drawn on, so they aren't concerned with stability at all. I got lucky as fuck and found one at a thrift store for $12, but the Amazon basics arm is probably the best budget arm. What tablet is it for? The stand that comes with huion and xp pen tablets are actually solid, and propping them up on something to give you extra height will be a more stable experience than free floating arms will be.

>> No.6948637

All these expensive gadgets and gizmos to create forgettable /beg/ nonsense worth 5 seconds of a zoomer's time on a timeline. Pathetic

>> No.6948661
File: 189 KB, 582x827, 1700851587523.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6948637
pyw

>> No.6948911
File: 1.52 MB, 1866x860, imagem_2023-11-24_215101175.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6945974
>>6945986
>>6946422
bought it.

>>6946037
>>6945987
>pcdiga

>> No.6948946

>>6946235
that doesn't answer my question on why should i buy it

>> No.6948981
File: 464 KB, 624x644, 1700865131619.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6948946
We're not here to sell you shit fag

>> No.6949009
File: 64 KB, 900x746, 1671482640940039.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6948981

>> No.6949015

>>6948946
do you like it? yes? buy it or pirate it
no? then don't
like what the hell answer are you looking for?

>> No.6949056

>>6949015
was thinking about something like hidden unique watermarks on things you create in it so if you try to make money and gets detected,you get fucked

>> No.6949059

>>6949056
nigga what

>> No.6949106

Are there any arm stands that are compatible with Kamvas Studio 16? It looks like Huion's official one isn't compatible.

>> No.6949112

they should release simple mode from CSP as a standalone app for like $10

>> No.6949223

>>6949112
just get a perpetual license for $20 rn?
>>6949106
studio 16 or pro 16? the studio 16 has its own kickstand like the surface pro, has no mounting points whatsoever for a separate stand, and actually comes with another foldable stand. personally I would recommend a laptop stand if you want to raise it up a bit.

>> No.6949233

>>6949223
you can't get a perpetual license for the tablet app

>> No.6949244

>>6949233
oh I forgot people used it on tablets because it kinda sucks dick on them. sorry friend
is there a cracked apk for it?

>> No.6949332

How does drawing on the S9 Ultra compare to an S7?

>> No.6949568

>>6949332
it's bigger
that's the biggest difference

>> No.6949898

I will never financially recover from my purchases

>> No.6949945
File: 224 KB, 1080x1227, 1698493186828.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

got myself this (black version)
+ it feels good to draw on
+ premium feel, comes with a nice bag
+ 2 pens, nibs don't die after 5 minutes
+ big surface area
+ drivers just work
- pretty expensive
verdict: if you have money it's a good option, idk if better than wacom since I've never used that

>> No.6949957

Would a refurbished 2019 standard ipad be good for a beginner? I am torn between that and a Samsung s6 lite

>> No.6950087

>>6948484
Honestly my main issue is my clumsiness. Not long ago I dropped my fucking phone on my newly bought laptop and it chipped.
>I wipe my tablet down with a little splash of 30% isopropyl alcohol
what's wrong with higher percentage? I have like 80 and 90 percent isopropyl alcohol jugs from covid time

>> No.6950111

>>6949945
if you have money you should get a screen tablet

>> No.6950165

why's everything so fucking expensive still god damn

>> No.6950171

>>6949332
14.6" vs 11" is a big comparison. 11" is like drawing on a A5-sized notebook whereas 14.6" is like drawing on a typical 14" laptop screen.
The stylus/digitzer bit is more or less the same since all Samsung tabs uses EMR tech anyway so they're interchangeable.

>> No.6950176

>>6947652
You can just use the Tab S6 Lite and then use a bluetooth keyboard (or any other bluetooth accessories) for the shortcut buttons.

>> No.6950198

is gaomon not recommended? lotta deals from them on amazon

>> No.6950245
File: 377 KB, 1080x1603, Screenshot_2023-11-25-18-28-49-682_com.brave.browser-edit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Worth it, yuh or nuh?
My shitty huion gave up after 5 years for some reason and I need something new for casual drawing

>> No.6950349

>>6950198
they're about as chinky as chink tablets get. You could try one out, but just a forewarning, Amazon is getting kind of retarded with returns.

>> No.6950584

>>6950087
I believe that it can damage some types of plastic in high concentrations, but the real reason I dilute it with water is to a) keep the fumes down a bit and b) make it go a bit further.
>Honestly my main issue is my clumsiness
I'm clumsy as shit, I destroyed two pro pen 2s by dropping them repeatedly before I surrendered and moved my setup into a room with carpet. But I've never had any trouble dropping shit on my tablet. Mind you it's got its own stand that makes it harder to hit.

>>6950245
Don't buy cheap wacom tablets. You're getting the same hardware that all the chinese manufacturers use at 3 times the price. The only wacom products worth buying in my opinion are the intuos pro line and the cintiq line. Everything else is pretty mid and way more expensive than it deserves. And the cintiqs/intuos pros are wicked overpriced too, but they make up for it by being the best in the business. Like, the Cintiq pro is 2 or 3 times more expensive than a kamvas pro, but if you're a professional then spending that extra money for a 10% performance difference might make sense.

Honestly just get another huion, 5 years on a screenless tablet is a decent run, especially if you were using it daily. My first little intuos5 didn't make it half that long, though I did beat the hell out of it.

>> No.6951409

>>6950245
No. You're better off buying 2nd hand older wacom or new chinkshit over that.

>> No.6951420

>>6950245
it just works

>>6950584
intuos pro will burn your nibs

>> No.6952079

>>6951420
Nibs are wear components, are cheap, and easy to be replaced. I don't get why you guys are so worried about nib wear if it means a better drawing feel

>> No.6952217

>>6951420
I have an intuos pro and it definitely does eat nibs for breakfast. But the benefit you get in exchange for that is that it's one of the grippiest tablets I've ever used. Honestly I don't really get why people are so assmad about the nib thing in the first place. They're hardly expensive, if you buy one knowing that you'll need to replace them frequently then I don't think it's a problem. It's still the best texture I've ever felt on a tablet so the extra $1 a week in replacing the nib is worth is to me.

>> No.6952292

>>6950584
>You're getting the same hardware that all the chinese manufacturers use at 3 times the price.
The One by Wacom medium is about a hundred bucks, I doubt there's a Huion of equivalent size for <$50 (if there is I'll buy it, but it's too good to be true)

>> No.6952382

>>6952292
https://store.huion.com/products/inspiroy-2-m?vid=1170
same size, better specs, about half the price.

>> No.6952425

>>6952292
You could get an H610 pro V2 for $50 which is also a 10 inch tablet, and you get 8192 pressure levels rather than just 2048 (as if it matters).

There are also a bunch of gaomon tablets that size in the $40-50 range, and they all seem pretty well reviewed.

Having said that, it looks like the medium one by wacom is on sale for $67 on amazon So it's actually a pretty decent deal until the sale ends. Personally I'm thoroughly unimpressed by wacom's budget tablets, but if you want to get one now is the best time to get it.

>> No.6952439

it could have 239408209384 gazillion degrees of pressure but if it's a huion or gaomon it's still gonna feel like drawing with a wet piece of shit

>> No.6952440

>>6952439
you don't draw.

>> No.6952578

>>6952425
Okay, I'm buying an h610. If it turns out to be too imprecise for drawing I can use it for sculpting anyway, where it will definitely be better than the tiny wacom I've been using

>> No.6952600

>>6952578
Like I said all the screenless tablets end up working more or less the same as long as the pen isn't total dogshit that disconnects constantly or can't deliver consistent pressure. Precision isn't an issue either, All the basic screenless tablets use 4 point calibration so the worst thing that'd happen is the pen would be slightly off in one consistent direction, and you won't notice and will automatically correct for it since your hand is already disconnected from your eye. Not that precision issues are common in the first place.

I hope it works out for you anon!

>> No.6953196
File: 25 KB, 143x151, 1692533755587118.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Buy XP Pen Deco 01 v2
>Everything's cash
>Feels good
>Try out some shortcuts I assigned to the tablet buttons
>It keeps switching back to my mouse cursor, so I can't even move my pen cursor
>Try to move the cursor to the Clip Studio tool menu
>It doesn't let me, only if I move the cursor with mouse
Any idea how to fix this? I had an even shittier/chinkier tablet and I didn't have this problem. I tried setting the pen to mouse mode, but I can't even move the cursor with the pen when I do that

>> No.6953201

>>6953196
also it seems to not even allow me to move the cursor with my pen if i'm using any other tool that's not erase or pencil wtheck

>> No.6953206

I've been thinking of buying a Wacom pen tablet, but there seems to be a lot of people on the internet saying that their drivers are broken and you constantly have to disconnect and reconnect the devices for them to work. Also saw some videos of some new Pen tablet that supposedly doesn't have this issue, but then at the end digging through the comments and reddit it apparently has just as many issues.

Are all of these just vocal minorities? Wacom seems to be the industry standard so its difficult for me to believe that their tablets would cause so many headaches. I have no experience with digital btw.

>> No.6953285

>>6953206
How long have you been drawing anon? Unless you've got a few months under you it might be wise to hold off on getting a tablet, just because the hand-eye disconnect of a screenless tablet adds another hurdle that you really don't need starting out.

If you've drawn some stuff you don't hate then by all means go ahead, but I'm always hesitant to recommend screenless tablets to very new folks. And of course screened tablets are a pretty big investment unless you've got a lot of disposable income. Just be prepared to spend a week or so adjusting if you go with a screenless tablet. You can draw like 98% as well on one as on a display tablet once you're used to it, but it takes a little while to acclimate.

In any case, Wacoms are fine to excellent. They are indeed the industry standard and are the OG tablet manufacturer. Really you can't go terribly wrong buying from them, but their low end tablets are pretty lackluster for the price in my opinion. You're always gonna find videos of people having problems with stuff but they are indeed a vocal minority, creative types aren't known for being tech savvy. If you don't mind paying a bit of a markup then by all means go for it, but at the same time all the screenless tablets are pretty similar and a well reviewed chinese tablet will work just as well, probably for a bit cheaper as well. Knowing that it'll probably serve you much better to spend $50 or $60 on a large chinese tablet than it would to spend the same amount on a medium or small Wacom. If you buy a chinese tablet then it's worth going through amazon, I've heard stories that their customer service is pretty shitty so it's better to just let amazon deal with it in the unlikely event you get a dud.

Where wacom really excels is their high end tablets, the cintiq and intuos pro lines. Those are hands down the best tablets and displays on the market, though the difference isn't night and day like it was 5-6 years ago they're still definitively better.

>> No.6953291

>>6953206
people don't talk about their tablet if it's working as intended and there are no problems.

>> No.6953369

>>6953285
>Where wacom really excels is their high end tablets, the cintiq and intuos pro lines.
yea I was eyeing an intuos pro m. wasn't planning on buying their really low end ones. anyway, in my experience I have pretty good hand/eye coordination so I can't imagine that drawing on a screenless tablet would be such a daunting task. a week to adjust is nothing.

>> No.6953415

>>6953369
I have an intuos pro L and it's very nice. Having said that I actually use my kamvas 22 plus more these days when I'm sitting at my desk. The screen is just easier to work with in my experience and it's the same price as the pro L. In hindsight I probably wouldn't have gotten the intuos if I had gone with this guy first.

That being said the intuos pro is real good. Just buy a pack or 3 of spare nibs with it as it really does eat them up due to how rough the textured surface is. I ended up replacing them every 3-7 days, probably after about 10 hours of use on each nib. But in being so rough it's got a very good drawing feel so it's a worthwhile tradeoff in my opinion. The textured surface is replaceable too, and you can pick from smooth, medium, and rough textures depending on what you like. Personally I use a rough sheet on mine just for that extra grip but the medium it came with was fine until I wore it down a bit.

Just be careful with the pens, they're super duper fragile and I ended up killing 2 of them over the span of a year cause my clumsy ass couldn't stop knocking them off my desk onto a hard floor. the ~3 foot drop was enough to mess up their registration after a 5 or 6 drops so the lines would randomly break up which was super annoying. I finally relented and moved over to a carpet and I haven't had any issues since.

>> No.6953460

Changed my Wacom Intous S (2018) for the cheapest display tablet from a brand that isn't absolute shit, the Ugee U1600, which is I'd say, the border between shitty brands (Parblo, Artisul, Veikk and Gaomon), from the good ones (Ugee, XP-PEN, Huion, Xencelabs and Wacom), ask me anything.

>> No.6953491

>>6953460
Does it suck ass? I've always thought ugee was chinky chink tier.

>> No.6953653

>>6953491
>Does it suck ass?
No, it doesn't.
As said, Ugee is the lowest tier on what can be considered a good drawing tablet but is still a good drawing tablet for it's price ($125usd), it's supposed to be 200-250 but it's perpetually on sale.
The only drawbacks are that the texture of the screen is noticeably inferior to Wacom's surface on it's tablet but is barely an issue since is still enough to use.
The drivers aren't as cool, like you don't have radial menus.
And the biggest drawback would be the pen, you can get used to it, but is not comfy, the actual thing works flawlessly, but it's just too slim when you jump from the Wacom pro pen since is just thicker than an actual pencil.

But it is very overpowered for something openly claiming to be an entry device on a lower tier brand.

Chinky Chink means Gaomon and below, Parblo, Veikk, Artisul, and any other odd name one.
Technically speaking, Ugee belongs in the Havon-Ugee conglomerate which also includes XP-Pen and Xencelabs, and usually some of the higher quality stuff drips to Ugee

>> No.6953689

I have like 10 more minutes to buy the Intuos Pro M at a discount. Argh. I don't know if I should pull the trigger.

>> No.6953718

I hesitated because I didn't know if I should buy an Intuos Pro M or L for a 27" screen.

>> No.6953728

>>6953718
I actually upgraded from an M to an L while using a 27" 2k monitor. Both work, but the L is definitely a more comfortable experience.

>> No.6953794
File: 35 KB, 1000x1000, samsung-s-pen-tab-s7-s7-.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Are there any replacement nibs for the older S pen (S7 variant) that would make it more flush with the main body of the pen?
kinda like how an apple pencil or the new s pen pro looks like

>> No.6953931
File: 34 KB, 202x198, 1683461278657215.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6953196
>>6953201
Still getting these problems with an added problem of in the webm. Cursor just stutters when I try to drew small in an area that's already dark or when I start a line. help bros..

>> No.6953947

>>6943123
Is a paperlike protector for ipads a meme? I tried some fake paperlike and didn't like the finish on the ipad's surface, but without it I feel like the apple pencil slides all over the glass.

>> No.6953985

>>6953947
I've only tried elecom after hearing good reviews for it. It's pretty good. Probably very similar in feel to a paperlike. Ipad is damn near unusable without a screen protector

>> No.6953987
File: 595 KB, 1440x869, Screenshot_20231127-220252~2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6953718
Don't.
Wacom hasn't updated prices since 2018, so the Intuos Pro still costs the same as release day despite competition closing on them while still being cheaper.
Get a Xencelabs or a Deco Pro Gen 2.
They quality is on par, plus they come with macro keyboards and I'm the case of the Xencelabs, two good pens.
The Xencelabs is a bit overpriced as well because it's supposed to compete with Wacom Intuos Pro and it's a couple of years old, but the Deco Pro just came out, it's having great reviews and it's still cheaper.
Don't get me wrong, everyone is still trying to catch up to Wacom but after 5 years I think they've done it and it's cheaper.

>> No.6954011

>>6953985
Ty anon, I'll look into them. Any drawbacks to it besides the whole matte finish thing?

>> No.6954016

>>6953947
I can vouch for Bellemond. A little pricier than other brands but it's good. Already got a spare set for emergencies. At first I thought matte protectors were a meme but they do make the drawing experience a lot better than bare glass or smooth protectors. They don't fuck up the screen quality nearly as much as I thought they would either.

>> No.6954017

>>6954016
Ty I'll try it out. Been looking for something with a bit more tactile feedback than an ice skate on a frozen lake

>> No.6954020

>>6954011
pretty sure this is the case with every paper screen protector, but it eats nibs when it's new, and it loses a lot of the tooth after you draw on it a decent amount. After it's "broken in", it feels kinda waxy and doesn't go through nibs anywhere near as fast. Not sure your experience with other tablets, but the broken in feeling is really similar to base model wacoms or xp pens that use screen protectors.

>> No.6954812
File: 176 KB, 660x604, 1675882037161222.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6953931
fixed my problem by just reinstalling the drives like 3 times, haha.. all is well

>> No.6954815

>>6954812
Glad you got it working uwu

>> No.6955003

Bros I haven't drawn in like 2 weeks, fixing up a house fucking blows

>> No.6955723

>>6953794
what an odd thing to look for
nothing like that exists as far as I'm aware.

>> No.6956088
File: 152 KB, 635x566, 1687256061829672.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6954815
thanks, but the suttering came back whenever I try to make any kind of small movement(like erasing a tiny part) at the top part of the screen. might have to return it or something, if that's even possible

>> No.6956657

>>6956088
when did you get it? that sounds like a warranty issue.
also do you have windows ink on?

>> No.6956663

So I have a XP Pen tablet. I still somehow prefer using a mouse and it feels like a pain to get it out of the box every time I want to use it. I never got better using a pen tablet and by the time I was gifted one by a friend I already learned how to get better only using a mouse.

Pentabletfags are liars.

>> No.6956718

>>6956663
>feels like a pain to get it out of the box every time I want to use it
so don't put it away in a box every time?
>Pentabletfags are liars.
yeah basically. displaychads stay winning.

>> No.6956722

>>6956663
pen tablets are the worst thing that could happen to you if you're just starting out

>> No.6956762

>>6956722
I've been drawing with a mouse for years at this point.

Though I still hate shading and came up with an artstyle I liked. Its like no matter how hard I try I cannot get the super sterile clean lines that seemingly everyone else can as simple as breathing, so I just chose a messier brush and It looks better to me since I just can't do hyper detailed stuff down to the cellular level for hours on end.

>> No.6956825
File: 132 KB, 192x549, 1695932057836463.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I decided I should finally upgrade from my small intuos Ive had for almost a decade that I originally got for playing osu, it looks like there weren't any real sales over black friday? is there somewhere to check sales if there are any notable still? I'm just looking for the largest pen tablet I can get for the cheapest price. I was trying to read about xppen and xencelab but it all basically seems like the same thing and I'm used to not using shortcuts so I don't really need to spend more on them if there's a large price increase.

>> No.6956845

>>6956825
>I'm just looking for the largest pen tablet I can get for the cheapest price.
2nd hand or new?

>> No.6956850

>>6956845
2nd hand is okay, I saw people recommending intuos 3s but it seems awkward to search around for. It doesn't have to be cheapest cheapest, Ideally just under 200 with under 150 ideal. I know that opens up a lot of options though so that's why I was curious if there were any sales.

>> No.6956875

>>6956850
>I saw people recommending intuos 3s
there's no real reason to buy an intuos 3 20 years after it was released. The only people that still use them basically do because it's what they learned to draw on and are set in their ways, or because they're cheap as dirt.
>Ideally just under 200 with under 150 ideal
wacom pro large (used)
deco pro gen 2 (new)
inspiroy giano (new)

these things are honestly fucking massive though, and you might actually find one size down to be easier to draw on. They all feel extremely similar now though so just pick one and draw instead of getting too wrapped up in playing console wars.

>> No.6956906

>>6956875
I was just reading about how getting a tablet size relative to your monitor is something to consider, I have a 27 inch monitor and for traditional I usually just use 9 x 12, reading around it seems like what you said is right and it could be very strange going from something small to an extra large. I'll probably just get one of the 11 inch ones then, thank you

>> No.6956919

>>6956825
I just booted up Osu because of your post and tried playing with my tablet.
Fright March on hard mode was too difficult and made me accidentally knock my coffee off my desk.
Now I have to clean up this mess....

>> No.6956943

>>6956657
i got it about 3 days ago and yeah i do

>> No.6956947
File: 574 KB, 1963x1500, tablettestwip.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6956875
>there's no real reason to buy an intuos 3 20 years after it was released. The only people that still use them basically do because it's what they learned to draw on and are set in their ways, or because they're cheap as dirt.

I'd explained this in the other thread, but I'll summarize here: there is essentially no major difference between the Intuos 3 and current generation Intuos, though they are far more durable. The only things that have changed over the years are the hotkey layout (which admittedly sucks balls on the 3), wireless capability, hypothetical pressure sensitivity, and on the 3 the dimensions are a little askew because it was released when CRTs were still common. According to my tool-assisted tests the 3 is about 5-6% less "accurate" than a current gen in the same class as consequence (for reference, that disparity is about 35% between a same gen medium and large)

I'll post a couple comparison pics.

>honestly fucking massive though

Even the biggest ones have much smaller active areas than most screen tablets. They don't make you use your arm any more than those. The only real concern is: will it fit on your desk? It's at this point you have to ask, is your desk for getting work done or for displaying your stuff?

>> No.6956950
File: 1.48 MB, 2003x2592, IMG_2310.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Whatever direction you take, it's a decision that will impact you for years to come. So the idea that you'd change your desk arrangement to better suit your drawing shouldn't be off the table (pun intended, aha)

>> No.6956954
File: 2.19 MB, 3059x2529, IMG_2309.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Not so different. I will not say you absolutely shouldn't get a new Pro, because in the grand scheme of things we're talking about a few hundred dollars spent on a product that could last many, many years. Picking up a part time job for a few weeks-or picking up a few extra hours at your existing job-so you can set yourself up for a long future of drawing with an exceptional tool is not some major, regrettable sacrifice. The downside of the newer models is that their upkeep is far higher than that of the 3 (fragile nibs and an equally fragile surface texture designed to exploit that) but at least with the current gen they have normalized external, replaceable surface covers. A great thing.

>> No.6956955

>>6956947
>there is essentially no major difference between the Intuos 3 and current generation Intuos
drawing surface, aspect ratio, pen, pressure levels, driver support, there are a lot of small improvements that have been made over the years. There's absolutely no reason unless you're poor to buy an intuos 3 still.

>> No.6956978

>>6956955
>drawing surface
The drawing surface on the new ones is worse, though. It wears away, gets scratched up and gross, eats nibs. It's planned obsolescence. My Intuos 3 PTZ-930 and 631W look nearly the same after years of drawing for hours every day. They certainly won't last forever, but they're clearly built to last in a way that current generation ones aren't, other superior qualities though they may have.

>aspect ratio
The practical result is negligible though. 5%, when a medium to large same gen difference is six times that.

From the 3 and up they all have the same digitizer resolution (i.e. the tablet itself is essentially the same, internally-but yeah the square shape does throw things off every slightly)

https://web.archive.org/web/20210710235049/https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wacom

>pen pressure levels
I don't know what the practical difference is, just isn't something I'd noticed.

>driver support
Haven't really run into any issues, but admittedly I never use the hotkeys (they seem to work in Drawpile, though).

>> No.6957213
File: 16 KB, 314x317, F7WmKNrXkAApBgX.jfif.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

been on my huion 610 pro for 2 and a half year but feel like jumping to display tablet
and idk if i should go for cintiq 16 or x pen artist 22e pro

wich is a better deal

>> No.6957217

why do namefags always say the DUMBEST shit ad nauseum

>> No.6957220

>>6957213
Wait for the xp pen 22 pro gen 2 assuming it will have features similar to 16 pro gen 2, or go kamvas 22 plus.

>> No.6957224

>>6957220
so huion kamvas fairs against cintiq and such ?!

>> No.6957236

>>6957224
Plus/pro models, yes.
Good color, good pen, etched glass, good stand, etc.
The newest xp pens look like they beat out huion on paper, but I have no experience with them so can't say one way or the other, and they only have a 16" gen 2 currently.
I honestly have no complaints with my 22 plus, and ended up getting a kamvas studio 16 too because I liked it so much and wanted to replace my ipad. If I had to nitpick anything it would be 1080p instead of 1440p, but it's a non issue since even 1440p displays will be pixelated when zoomed in and viewed from like a foot or two away.

>> No.6957260

>>6956088
Are you aware of all the windows ink and tablet gesture shit that can mess things up? Windows fucks with your short strokes and interprets them as scrolling flicks if you don't set the proper settings.

>> No.6957270
File: 518 KB, 1025x605, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

anyone here have a huion pro 24 (non 4k)? do you like it? its about $100 more than the xp artist 24 pro (along with some other apparent downsides) but its got a glass screen which seems to be a big deal.

>> No.6957307

>>6943123
Is infinite painter on android worth it? I mean it's only 2 bucks but I would rather not waste my time adapting to a new software before deciding if it's worth using an app separately from csp to sketch and ink.

>> No.6957326

Been using an old intuos pro small for about a year and my wrist is starting to cramp up with its tiny useable area, and it's pretty bulky too for how small it is.

What's a good cheap huion/xppen pentab that's light to handle and with a bigger surface area?

i looked at xp pen deco v2 and it's 750 grams which is really damn heavy, i mean it's bigger by 100x50mm in active area but that's almost as heavy as this small wacom shit which is like 680g

are there any bigger lighter models that aren't sit?

>> No.6957407

>>6957260
how do you fix it

>> No.6957465

>>6957407
There is a variety of fixes online, I don't know all of them by heart and it might also depend on what software/OS you use.

>> No.6957584
File: 2.37 MB, 4000x2593, 20231129_184143.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6943123
i bought the cintiq pro 17 for $2500 and the $500 stand thing and I still prefer the ipad

>> No.6957590

>>6957584
why?
also curious what your work looks like if you want to post it

>> No.6957663

>>6957584
is that a microwave in your room?

>> No.6957679

>>6957584
Yeah I love my iPad pro.

>> No.6957762

I genuinely hate my ipad, curious what you guys are doing differently that makes you like them.

>> No.6957821

>>6957584
I will never understand retards who insist on multiple screens.

>> No.6957823

>>6957821
Have you ever tried using multiple monitors?

>> No.6957848

>>6957823
No, and I don’t draw either but I can tell you that I don’t understand idiots that pay for Wacoms overpriced garbage.

>> No.6957908

>>6957848
>No, and I don’t draw either
why are you even here?

>> No.6957961
File: 809 KB, 2400x2400, download-1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The ProArt Display PA169CDV seems to be getting good reviews. Anyone try it yet?

>> No.6957978

>>6957961
I'd trust an established tablet manufacturer over asus personally. It doesn't sound very good on paper, and isn't cheap enough to justify buying it over a cintiq/xp pen/huion. The only thing it seems to have going for it over an xp pen 16 pro gen 2 is 4k, at the expense of no etched glass and worse color.

>> No.6957982
File: 22 KB, 400x400, RKTklS_v_400x400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6957978
Makes sense, thanks

>> No.6957999

>>6957978
Pfffffahahahahahhaha XP Pens have garbage color you stupid fucking chinese moron LOL. They don't even factory calibrate them.

Asus ProArt is literally industry standard. How fucking dumb do you have to be to suggest a chinese imitation tablet has better color than an industry standard calibrated display? LOL

>>6957982
Do not listen to that retard. He is a known shill with absolutely no idea.

>> No.6958012

>>6957999
back to your containment thread, retard

>> No.6958178

>>6957999
>this display tablet that was released 2 weeks ago is industry standard!
>things that are actually used in the industry? No no no, those are bad.

>> No.6958241

I have a 20 year old Wacom Intuos 2 (those ugly as sin purple ones) that still has a SCSI plug and at one point it became a pain to install on newer systems without a lot of trickery.
Five years ago I bought a Huion Inspiroy for shit and giggles and because I had a voucer on Amazon and was honestly surprised at how well it worked.
Today I got an XP Pen Artist 16 I bought on Cyber Monday for a good price and got it running on my Linux system. Again, pretty surprised. I think the colours are pretty good, the lines aren't wobbly and after an initate period of fiddling with the driver it worked pretty well. Will test it over the next two months and decide if I'll keep it or not.
I don't have modern Wacoms to compare, but at compared to my old-ass tablet I think those two chink tablets honestly aren't worse. I even think the pen of the Huion feels nicer on the surface than on my Wacom.

>> No.6958256

>>6958241
>I have a 20 year old Wacom Intuos 2 (those ugly as sin purple ones) that still has a SCSI plug
jesus christ

>> No.6958302

>>6958256
It still works! Also, my bad, I meant serial plug

>> No.6958350

>>6958241
>new tablets feel better than ones over 20 years old
Amazing that this even needs to be said.

>> No.6958436

>>6958350
You might be on to something, but then again, the Intuos 2 was the pro tablet back then.
I think one of the cheaper alternatives back then was Aiptek, and those were seriously bad.
Keeping that and my current experiences with those two chink tablets in mind, I would say that the difference between Huion/XP Pen and Wacom are much, much smaller than the differences between Wacom and their "competition" back then, making the chink tablets a valid alternative if you don't want to fork over the cash to buy Wacom.
Honestly, I think that's good.

>> No.6958692 [DELETED] 
File: 740 KB, 1493x1103, IMG_0132-2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6957590
>>6957590
here is my last drawing on the ipad. sorry for being a degen.
also, i like the ipad because the touch controls are way smoother on the ipad and i've grown accustomed to them. touch controls make moving around the canvas, rotation, and zooming as intuitive and thoughtless as could be and i love it. the cintiqs have touch controls too, but they're super janky compared to the ipad and i constantly have to make the same stroke multiple times just to pan around or undo to the point i just turn them off because they suck.

>> No.6959005

>>6957270
Does this new ASUS ProArt display have etched glass? It's unclear, but in my opinion it's a good feature to have.

>> No.6959007

>>6959005
iunno, i posted a huion

>> No.6959011

>>6958692
Kek

>> No.6959264
File: 755 KB, 1292x731, asus.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6959005
>It's unclear
if a tablet has it, you'll know. It's a fairly significant feature.
>15.6-inch 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS panel with anti-glare
means it just has a matte screen protector. Which according to reviews, isn't even as good as the screen protectors tablet companies use.
Again, you're better off going with something from wacom/xp pen/huion.

>> No.6959282
File: 70 KB, 1080x1080, af3fe21aee7d28665a84ac2258f8e89f.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6958692
Bruh

>> No.6959285

>>6958692
Looks good, subject matter aside

>> No.6959299
File: 1.57 MB, 1393x2511, permabeg gets a wacom.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6945866
Display tablets are always a better option but only IF you can already draw well on paper. Remember that there's no Wacom for your lack of talent, much like how there's no gym for your face.

>> No.6959312

>>6959299
that picture just gave me a mini panic attack. what if i went up like that

>> No.6959317

>>6959312
*end up

>> No.6959388

>>6958692
wacom has extremely dogshit touch, yes
I actually prefer tourbox controls to touch personally though

>> No.6959462

>>6951420
>>6952217
I use this on my huion h610v2 but tape a piece of thin cerealbox cardboard over the surface to prevent nibs from wearing down, plus it feels like actual paper

>> No.6960004

>>6959462
>cerealbox cardboard over the surface
does that not fuck with accuracy/pressure?

>> No.6960375
File: 32 KB, 894x716, 71u5d4Mu-UL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anyone else still rockin their bamboo?

>> No.6960453

>>6958692
Where can I find more of your stuff

>> No.6960528

>>6960375
>drawing on a post it note

>> No.6960904

>>6960453
x.com

>> No.6960936

>>6960904
That doesn't narrow it down much

>> No.6960978

>>6960375
Got one but the pen stoped working last year.

>> No.6961083

>>6960453
i don't upload my stuff online except anonymously or to my friends on discord

>> No.6961331

Huion released a new tablet
https://store.huion.com/products/kamvas-slate-10

I wish they would drop a mid grade between this and the studio 16. 13-14 inches with a real pen and in the $500-800 range.

>> No.6961403

Just bought a cintiq 16, what type or brand of screen protector do you guys recommend?

>> No.6961414

>>6961403
Doesn't need one

>> No.6961423
File: 64 KB, 1496x1122, intuos3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I still love them

>> No.6961428

Why hasn't wacom released a new tablet yet besides the $3k one that noone can afford?

>> No.6961478

>>6946848
Reporting in, after a few days trying to adapt to this controller, I can say with confidence that unless you absolutely need the portability, it simply can't compare to a keyboard, especially when you have already developed muscle memory for most of the keybinds. It's just clunkier to reach some buttons and the side ones are just unintuitive to press. I guess if you don't really use a lot of keyboard shorcuts or just can't memorize them then this is good enough. But this 100% won't speed up your workflow.

I will keep at it for a few more days and see if it will get easier to use, but that doesn't seem likely.

>> No.6961486

>>6961478
should have bought >>6946856 since it looks like a literal tabmate but with 30 times more hotekeys

>> No.6961493

>>6961486
Nah, it's best to stick with a keyboard, I have learned my lesson. I'm already using a bluetooth keyboard without the arrow and numeric keys so it's not that clunky anyway. If there is ever a bluetooth half-keyboard would consider it, but not these funky controllers

>> No.6961497

gonna buy my first screen tablet. which is better huion kamvas 16 or xp pen 16 2nd gen?

>> No.6961546

>>6961083
Any way I can get you on disc?

>> No.6961550

>>6961478
>>6961493
Tourbox is the answer, brother. Just not new. Buy one 2nd hand from some guy that never used it

>> No.6961832

>>6961497
I picked the XP-Pen because of the aspect ratio. Also, the pen functions like a Cintiq with an eraser on one end if that matters.

>> No.6961878

>>6961497
either is fine, but if I were choosing one, I'd go xp pen most likely, assuming its specs translate to the real world well.

>> No.6961976
File: 45 KB, 867x361, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6957407
if you use photoshop try this

>> No.6962078
File: 46 KB, 600x600, huion_usb10.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6943123
Do I have to pay the $22 for this cable to connect kamvas 22 plus to usb c to usb c or can I just use a regular one?

>> No.6962439

>>6962078
I don't see why you couldn't use any old C-C cable, the entire point of standardized connections like this is that they should be interchangeable

>> No.6962454

>>6962078
I've just been using a regular one for my screenless huion.

>> No.6962782

>>6962454
>>6962439
not all usb c cables serve the same functionality just because they have the same connection. Some are super shit and can't transfer data and only serve to charge.
That said, >>6962078
You're fine with basically any quality usb c, there's nothing special about that one.

>> No.6963050

>>6962782
Thank you
>$24.99 saved

>> No.6963791

>>6952600
My Huion h610 arrived today, it feels great and like a huge upgrade from my tiny wacom, best $50 I've spent in a long time.

Thank you for the good recommendation, I would have spent more for a smaller tablet otherwise

>> No.6963798

>>6962078
they come with one anon, you shouldn't need to buy one unless you're getting one used.

>> No.6963993

>>6963798
No it doesn't. You get a 3 in 1 cable in the box, usb c to usb c is sold separately.

>> No.6964050

>>6963993
I got both a USB-C to C and a 3 in 1 cable with my 22 plus, so I dunno what to tell you.

>> No.6964057
File: 98 KB, 1232x671, controller.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hey dorks, here's a hot tip for all of you:
Instead of shelling out a trillion dollars for some dogshit remote dealio, just get your console controller out, fire up steam, and map all your hotkeys to the buttons in the controller settings tab. You'll have tons more hotkey space than even the really nice remotes and you can set up all of the analog triggers as analog inputs that repeat at a specified interval long as you hold a direction down. You can even do chording and mode shifting so you can double your hotkey set just by pressing or holding another button down.

>> No.6964067

>>6964057
A lot of people already thought about using those. But console controllers are not ergonomic to hold in one hand and if you are going to place it on a surface anyway then a keyboard would be a thousand time better. Even a tiny one like this >>6961478 that fits snugly in your palm and every button reachable with your fingers is still inferior to a keyboard

>> No.6964070

>>6964067
>But console controllers are not ergonomic to hold in one hand
uh, yeah they are. I don't hold it in one hand anyway, I rest it on my lap with my left hand around the left grip and it's very ergonomic. That's why almost all of the binds are on the left side, though you can reach across for the right analog stick if you need to and have big hands like I do.

>> No.6964237
File: 695 KB, 1439x2412, Screenshot_20231204_043206.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6964050
If you buy direct from huion, they show the usb c cable as a free gift currently, buy its not normally included.

>> No.6964303

>>6959011
Huh?

>> No.6964304
File: 40 KB, 533x600, 1503689762422.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6960375
Rock on bro

>> No.6964306

>>6960453
Twitter

>> No.6964307
File: 21 KB, 800x450, 113815-nintendo-switch-joy-con-l-neon-blue-1200x675.jpeg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6964067
>>6964070
>one hand
Use a joycon retards

>> No.6964308

New
>>6964301
>>6964301
>>6964301

>> No.6964378

>>6964303
>>6964304