[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique


View post   

File: 531 KB, 1576x2048, F8AY1LzW0AAn0xR.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6883520 No.6883520 [Reply] [Original]

Why do superhero comic book artists love gore so much?

>> No.6883522

>>6883520
Shock value. It's the most guaranteed way to provoke a visceral reaction from the viewer.
Also infantile tactics for an infantile audience.

>> No.6883525

>>6883522
Came here to say this.

>> No.6883551
File: 23 KB, 563x544, 28.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6883551

>>6883520
>ai slop
Its all so tiring

>> No.6883574
File: 41 KB, 229x172, IMG_0011.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6883574

>>6883520
Why did the artist give cyclops a crudely drawn whore mouth?

>> No.6883576

>>6883574
He's supposed to gritting his teeth I think but yeah, I also saw it instead as big lips at first and an emotionless face. He should have differentiated the colors more or add more lines around the mouth to make clear what it's supposed to be.

>> No.6883582

>>6883520
Because violence are gore are cool.

>> No.6883595

>>6883522
Yes. It's "le goofy thing" to draw, because it's hard to draw something stimulating and is not coom or gore. they only know how to do le Marvel/DC costumes.

>> No.6883606

>>6883520
the real answer is that superhero comics have been so ubiquitous in American comic media, to the point that to many people “superheroes” and “comics” are basically the same thing. You end up with people with niche tastes and interests being corralled into this specific industry, becuase they wouldnt be able to make money otherwise. thats how you get gore-flicks and forced political themes and suddenly gay superfaggotry. the concept of the “superhero” and by extension the cultural icons associated with the genre are being constantly remade over and over to act as life support for a dying industry. and while the core aspects of individual characters remain the same, the writers and artists do not.
had the artists and writers had profitable avenues to create and promote their own series, then we likely wouldnt be asking questions like this so often. the gorefags probably would have went off to create their own series and captivated audiences for different niches, as would the political activists, gays, etc.

>> No.6883607

>>6883574
Cyclops was made for sucking cock, obviously.

>> No.6884673

As a comic book artist, it's something I don't often get to draw, that is also creative
It's a lot of bits and pieces and it moves and have lots of little details that adds to it
Drawing spiderman suit is a chore
Drawing spiderman suit and being torned is awesome and a treat to the artist, same thing.
Every superhero has a chore to draw and some treats.
For example Spawns cloak is GREAT and really fun to draw. But for some reason, some retard gave him chains, and chains are a bore and a drag
Gore is always fun to draw
Unless you are demanded to do anatomically correct gore, I guess that would be a chore

>> No.6884685
File: 184 KB, 1080x1080, EbwZgbTXsAA6x3r.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6884685

>>6883520
no gore in manga (not that i would have a problem with that)

>> No.6884691

in vertigo (dc) there's a character that are literally living guts


and constantine fucked with it

>> No.6884693

I love these threads that invent problems to complain about. Keep 'em coming.

>> No.6884718
File: 3.34 MB, 200x200, michael-jordan-laughing.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6884718

>>6883520
After 5 seconds Wolverine regenerates and mutilates that cuckold cyclope

>> No.6884737

>>6883606
Comics/Graphic Novels aren't a "media" in America, they are the "Super-hero genre" and thus when somebody makes a comic book that isn't super-hero genre they have to label it something else "Alternative" or "Independent" heck, the fact that terms like OEL-Manga and Manga-Influenced Comics are used by publishers just show you how much 'Muricans don't see something as a "Comic" unless it's about Super-Heroes.

>> No.6885033

>>6884718
why didn't you say cucklope

>> No.6885057

>>6883520
Because it's fun.

>> No.6885061

>>6884737
Americans are comical

>> No.6885160

>>6883520
>Destroyed the skeleton

Ciclops CANT destroy adamantium, that draw isn't hecking respectful with the source material.

Kys.

>> No.6885231

>>6883520
>I mean, crap man, look at that. that's like his stomach plug on the ground back there, you don't see that everyday

>> No.6885296

>>6883520
Because they like physics, and gore is the biological equivalent of sparks flying or explosions. It shows that actions have had an effect on the character.

>> No.6885653

>>6883576
>He's supposed to gritting his teeth I think
wut

>> No.6885662
File: 15 KB, 553x482, GNAAAAAAAA.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6885662

>>6885653

>> No.6885676

>>6885662
they're definitely just lips. the shape of the mouth makes no sense for that to be gritting his teeth.

>> No.6885681
File: 47 KB, 963x773, Ay.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6885681

>>6885676
Agree, I just wanted to draw it

>> No.6885695

>>6885033
my bad imagination

>> No.6885752
File: 114 KB, 1024x768, cyclops_2-491077386.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6885752

>>6885653
This, just crudely drawn, like most of the other facial details.

>> No.6886299
File: 986 KB, 1576x2048, 1696925106552438.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6886299

Just a few lines make a huge difference.

>> No.6886307

>>6883522
>>6883525
Sjw clowns go read your fanfics. Trash.

>> No.6886310

>>6886299
Whats fucking different? Dude?

>> No.6886560

>>6883522
Comics need more of it retards. You slice of life sjw fags are what are making superhero comics suck

>> No.6886649

>>6886299
It's not teeth. That looks retarded

>> No.6886711

comics suck

>> No.6886713

>>6886711
Comic Sans (You)

>> No.6886714

>>6886711
Who asked?

>> No.6887057
File: 13 KB, 474x266, th-4194422386.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6887057

>>6886649
Yes they are, it looks even more retarded if Cyclops just blasted Wolverine with no expression, ridiculously full lips and looking like Handsome Squidward.

>> No.6887501

>>6887057
do you draw? you can tell by the line weight and the cupids bow that it's intended to be lips.

>> No.6887584

>>6883520
"'Tis but a flesh wound..."

>> No.6887594
File: 365 KB, 3600x2391, keller-teeth-grinding.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6887594

>>6887501
You're wrong, the lips are not symmetrical as one would expect from a neutral expression that closed lips would imply and the artist is not going to do minimal detail face, like no chin or nose details and then decide to to do fully drawn lips.
It's clearly a mouth gritting the teeth.

>> No.6887616

>>6887594
why'd he color the teeth the same as the surrounding skin tho? it's far more likely an artist would leave teeth white. who's the artist? that will get to the bottom of this.

>> No.6887619
File: 425 KB, 902x1200, F6Kdx2ZXYAAz0rD.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6887619

>>6887616
*Oh look. I'm right and you're (>>6887594)
wrong neener neener neener
this artist just loves giving male superheros plump lips bro.

>> No.6887627
File: 686 KB, 1508x2048, Fmmwj9eXkAA8su2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6887627

heheheh

>> No.6887635

>>6887627
Well hell, I just lost a lot of respect for this guy. He draws blank emotionless faces for no reason. I couldn't see why he would give Cyclops no expression after what he did but apparently that's just his default, expresionless. Now given that he did a very poor job with the lips in making them incredibly lopsided.

>> No.6887672

>>6883520
why my peepee reacting to this? The hole looks erotic...

>> No.6887811

>>6887672
cause youre a gurofag

>> No.6890185

>>6887672
you're just discovering new fetishes
>usually it's a also a symptom of chronic masturbation

>> No.6890216
File: 1.21 MB, 1920x1080, Helluva face when sheep.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6890216

>>6883520
Gore is one of those primal thoughts that creep into people's minds. Its the mature carnage that artists believe makes cartoons seem mature or grown up.
This goes especially for cape carnage so it doesn't feel as much like grown men/women drawing people do what they wish they could do like a kid playing with dollies.

I guess sex is the same thing. Just look at a lot of the 'adult' cartoons that are more childish than shows made for family entertainment(kids).

>> No.6890227

>>6883520
It's a jewish thing, you wouldn't understand.

>> No.6890248

>>6886307
>>6886560
I didn't mean to hurt your feelings lol.

>> No.6890358

>>6883576
bro those are lips. it's clefted at the top.

>> No.6892012

bump.

>> No.6893941
File: 2.31 MB, 498x373, which-was-the-style-at-the-time-the-simpsons.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6893941

>>6883520
because of 90s edge

>> No.6894111

>>6883606
this is actually the real answer