[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 285 KB, 1080x1080, is-there-a-mangaka-that-have-the-same-drawing-style-as-v0-z8xqz8llmgr91.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6750902 No.6750902 [Reply] [Original]

What are some series, mangaka or japanese artists you personally like if any at all?

>> No.6750904

>>6750902
that's a fucking paradox, how can i like a mangaka/artist if i hate anime

>> No.6750913

>>6750904
I know a guy who hates all manga except for Junji Ito

>> No.6750919

>>6750904
Nah, a lot of people only like one genre and hate the rest

>> No.6750928

>hey, quick question for people who hate burgers, whats your favorite burger restaurant?
Are you unironically retarded

>> No.6750938

It seems like every anime I've watched nowadays is either misogynistic, misanthropic, or completely offensive towards all sorts of groups. Even the shows that seem innocent or normal on the surface have underlying racist or sexist undertones.
I mean this even extends to shows that people claim that any non-anime fan could enjoy. Like have you guys actually spoken to people before?
Attack on titan for instance is very imperialistic and nationalistic.
Ousama ranking has proven itself to be very racist.
Violet evergarden supports grooming.
Demon slayer is extremely sexist and misogynistic, especially in later arcs.
Heck I'd even say shows in the past were very problematic too. Silver Spoon for instance supports animal cruelty and is anti-vegan. FMA Brotherhood is offensive in the sense that its very sympathetic towards perpetrators of genocide. I can't name a single anime that is generally not very problematic in one way or another.

This is kind of the reason I've moved over to western animation. Name me a single problematic element in shows like Castlevania, Arcane, or Vox Machina. You can't, because writers for western animation are very mindful and respectful. Anime writers nowadays are very racist, sexist, misogynistic, cruel, oppressive, and downright transphobic and homophobic. And for some reason, its only anime/manga. I've never seen Japanese live action films that are as offensive as anime these days. Call me an SJW all you like, but we don't live in the 50s any longer. We should be more progressive, not regressive.
Man, it just boggles my mind. I love the style of anime, but after socializing with people and getting a life as well as hearing about the horrendous treatment of the industry, I'm sad that I cannot justify supporting it any longer. Hanging out with people and realizing that the shows I used to endorse are very offensive in many ways has kind of changed my perspective on things. I don't know, is there an anime now that is not problematic?

>> No.6750941

>>6750902
I just hate cheap anime styles, sexualisation of minors and dumbasses calling every existing style that isn't too cartoony or too realistic/abstract an anime artstyle.
I usually like animes that don't look like anime, such as DBZ, JoJo, OPM/MobPsycho 100(although this one does strike my nerves for like 30% of the time).

>> No.6750944

>>6750902
Yabuki kentaro

>> No.6750952

>>6750902
it's not the art per se, for me. i'm tired of decompressed storytelling. 200 pages per volume and only two things happen, and that's if you're lucky.

>> No.6750994

>>6750902
I am the opposite, I love anime/manga but dont care at all for other comics or animations. Maybe I would say I like Weirdo magazine by R Crumb but its obvious that someone who likes manga would like it.

>> No.6751007

>>6750902
Suehiro Maruo
Junji Ito
Satoshi Kon
Taiyo Matsumoto
Inio Asano
Shintaro Kago
Yuki Urushibara
Hitoshi Tomizawa
Mohiro Kitoh
Usamaru Furuya

>> No.6751023
File: 134 KB, 624x435, sensui.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6750902
People who think you categorically cannot like a manga or anime because you generally dislike the art form are dumb and have outed themselves as so in this very thread. Laugh at them. I generally dislike seafood, but I like Halibut, because they're pretty close to mammalian meats. Yes, food analogy.

>Suehrio Maruo's work
>Togashi's work
>Oda's work

These two are very, very different artists, but I like them because they throw off the things that often make me dislike manga and anime. Togashi and Maruo's work has a lot of edge to it that makes it feel grounded, real, and imperfect. It's not clean. It has a feeling of period, place, and realness. Meanwhile, Oda's work is very western influenced, very unreal and deliberately, novelly goofy, while drawing from the real world just enough.

>> No.6751051

>>6750902
its content. 99% of its traced or from toner packs in the past or just 3d models or photobashed shit now. how can you respect any kind of "art" when they all admit they trace references and add bug eyes? like even old shit - prince of tennis talk about tracing magazines for days before starting and having giant reference book to pull traced poses, add face and logos and done. its pathetic. its like these concept "artists" that regurgitate photobashed landscapes and digital sludge. it isnt art. monkeys are trained to do it.

>> No.6752200

>>6750904
Not all mangaka draw in anime style. You have berserk and vagabond shits too

>> No.6752217
File: 63 KB, 598x448, 165807245264640.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6750904
I hate anime (outside of the 3 I watched as a kid) but I love me some manga. I'm like those insufferable faggots who just say
>read the book instead.
And I love it

>> No.6752221

>>6750938
This has to be Bait, If not go back to plebbit we don't want you fags here.

>> No.6752272

>>6750902
I don't hate anime but I think I know what you're asking. Check out Tekkonkinkreet and Ping Pong.

>> No.6752376

>>6751051
pyw, show us real art

>> No.6752402

>>6750902
Nausicaa
there's a historical manga called Akanbe Ikkyuu that I like
pretty sure there are lots of gems in manga but the sheer amount of trash and the coom-warped mindset of the community makes it no worth it to search for them

>> No.6752436

>>6750938
wtf I love anime now, based nips

>> No.6753681

>>6750902
Monogatari.

>> No.6755287
File: 205 KB, 650x818, blame-5.16-zoom.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

BLAME!

This shit is like black and white crack. Incredible worldbuilding, very little dialogue, no cringe tropes or turbo sexualization until the publishers put a gun to the artist's head, and a an absolutely blessed way of drawing faces to all look slightly fucked in a way I adore.

>> No.6755541

>>6750938
>This is kind of the reason I've moved over to western animation

Wait...this has to be bait. Western animation has always been plagued with the same shit, in fact the racism and sexism shit is WAY WORSE in Western animation and media in general. I know that 4chan and other neckbeards and 'pick mes' complain about the inclusion of more non-White people (mainly Black people) in Western animation, but in reality most of the depictions are still situated in stereotypical depictions, lack depth, or the still stick to a limited number of them and it's rare for them to be main characters.

Some of the White female characters are just as bad as they just exist to be saved or cause problems for the White male characters.

There is no fucking way you wrote that and being sincere unless you are not familiar with Western/American culture.