[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 405 KB, 512x512, seed68133 (1).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6679210 No.6679210 [Reply] [Original]

Years or helping and critiquing other art has made me realize I like the teaching aspect of art. Do you think it's possible for me to become and art teacher or coach? I don't have the skills (nor a degree), but I have the knowledge from years of self study.

>> No.6679212

>>6679210
What the fuck is this AI abomination.

>> No.6679222

>>6679210
It's unfortunate to stop half-way, not a good example to set for your students, who will look up to you. But yeah, that's a path one can take, but it feels like a "modern abomination": teachers in the past were systematically established artists in a guild or whatever, they were pros before being teachers.

>> No.6679228

>>6679210
You can obviously set up a tutoring business if you want to? I am not sure the question here.Are you asking if you are qualified or what?

>> No.6679261

>>6679210
Instead of asking us, why don’t you just try teaching? Start a youtube channel and give it your best shot. See the reception you get, ask your viewers what they want and keep teaching.

We cannot tell you if you’re good at it or not because teaching is a never ending loop of discovery. Once you teach and someone asks questions, you find more things you didn’t think about and have to figure out the best way to convey the answer.

>> No.6679270

>>6679228
>I am not sure the question here.Are you asking if you are qualified or what?

Mainly just questioning if Teaching is an alternative career choice for failed artist like me. I never really heard of an art teacher that can't draw.

>> No.6679317

>>6679270
You don't really have to be able to draw you just have to convince other people you can. Granted if your art sucks it will be a lot harder to attract students to you. The good thing about tutoring though is that it's got virtually no upstart costs so if you want to start you could start advertising your services today.

Also if you want a salaried position you need the actual degrees unless you are going into children's art classes which is essentially more child care than art.

>> No.6679345

looks like a filter

>> No.6681762

>>6679210
>>6679317
I started teaching at art centers without a degree. It's a great idea to teach.
Like this anon said, with kids, it's mostly child care, but it's a nice way to break up the monotony of adults who are often rigid and bizarre. Middleschool kids are the worst, teens are pretty good usually.

>> No.6681780

>>6679212
His knowledge from years of self study.