[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 584 KB, 564x564, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6618539 No.6618539 [Reply] [Original]

i wish i could be the person who draws something simple like this and be satisfied with it. i'd be so productive. it looks so appealing yet so simple. i would post on socials twice a day. instead i crave for overcomplicated and "serious" stuff and i never satisfied with the result. but more research i do the more it clear to me that the overall design of your drawings is far more important than your actual skill level. if the design is good it can carry your shitty wacky drawings, and if you draw good but draw boring mediocre garbage with no vibes it won't spark anything in people's hearts. this is why 14yo they/them on twitter who draw splatoon fanart are more popular and recognized as an artists than boomers with academic knowledge and skills. it is all about design anon.

>> No.6618540

>>6618539
tru
but design is a skill in itself
charming little drawings like that are deceptively difficult

>> No.6618541

>>6618539
get a bunch of the similar images and feed to our new overlords and made them work for us instead

>> No.6618548

why dont you become the person that draws simple little drawings like this?
don't let a bunch of faceless bitter people on /ic/ tell you what is and isn't a worthwhile endeavor in art, that's up to you. there's more to it than loomis.

>> No.6618558

>>6618548
because i have a severe internal conflict when i do. i think that as soon as i will draw something simple it will limit me and wont be able to create serious things that i like. i will be forever stuck in this silly little style with no room for experiments

>> No.6618562

>>6618558
>not having control of your brain
ngmi

>> No.6618573

>>6618562
I am killing you with my brain control

>> No.6618578

>>6618558
if anytihng the opposite is true. Truly great 'simple' styles require relentless exploration and modification to get to where they are. You're more likely to find yourself stuck in a boring stylistic pithole by chasing trad ideals

>> No.6618599
File: 221 KB, 1270x724, 1533473911712.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6618558
hey i draw simple shit like that. despite loving the outcome, i feel fake. not able to create serious things. i try to rember even those who create serious stuff cannot into simple drawings. every artist has strengths. simple art is a slippery slope always challenging yourself is the answer.

>> No.6618913

>>6618539
One thing I have heard said by many different artists:

You learn how to draw properly, then you simplify.

Also if the issue isnt that you can't do it, but you don't want to, then just don't do it. Or just do both. You first need to figure out what you want to draw, and why you want to draw. If you just don't like simple stuff, don't do it. Personally, I'm interested more in storytelling aspect, so everything I work on is towards the goals of animation or comics. I think storytelling is often the appeal cartoons have over more realistic art.

Just do what you want to do, don't worry so much about what somebody else is doing.