[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 335 KB, 1536x2048, Jessie AI.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6613419 No.6613419 [Reply] [Original]

Will people still learn to draw and paint now that AI art became close to indistinguishable from human rendered images?
In two years, what reasons would anyone have to actually develop a skill instead of just having AI do everything for them?
How will we distinguish real artists from prompters?

>> No.6613422

yup

>> No.6613423
File: 445 KB, 2048x1394, FZR7BzxVEAIoz_Y.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6613419
As a hobby and as an "Artist"/celebrity. Because to no matter how good AI gets, it experiences no feelings, it has nothing to express.
All intellectual labor jobs goes to AI. Then shortly after, all physical labor jobs. Money will lose all meaning.

>> No.6613424

>>6613419
People will still learn, if camera and photoshop can't stop them, nothing can.
You should probably need to quit your dream of working as professional or commission though, customers will use AI as an excuse to exploit you to the bone.

>> No.6613426

>>6613423
Why do you think money will lose meaning?
Why would the rich and powerful give up on their power and influence just because you're obsolete?

>> No.6613428

>>6613423
>How will we distinguish real artists from prompters?
Recording the process, until AI can fake that, drawing live after that, like kim jung gi, many people will abandon the internet and people creating real art/music/theatre will flourish.

>> No.6613429

>>6613426
They become obsolete themselves. ALL labor gone? ALL jobs, who is buying the things the elite are trying to sell?

>> No.6613441
File: 871 KB, 500x268, 6F3D8F84-9235-45E4-845C-C2B26B875E8D.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6613419
> what reasons would anyone have to actually develop a skill instead of just having AI do everything for them?
Drawing is fun. Feels good to do it. Short of a homicidal ai machine blowing my limbs off my body, I’m good 2 go. Hbu?

>> No.6613448

>>6613429
If they can replace all labor, they can replace the police and military as well.
Unlike them, you won't be able to afford robots and AIs.

>> No.6613450

I want to be able to draw whatever I imagine, exactly how I imagined it, AI is a step in the opposite direction of that being a mish mash of whatever other people imagined

Do you understand why that light is there, the color relationships, what message do the proportions convey, how the composition leads the eye? You don't? You just curated computer vomit. You do? You could've just drawn it.

>> No.6613451

>>6613419
>another AI thread
mods do your fucking jobs

>> No.6613452

>>6613448
Benevolent owners of them can distribute more than enough resources to keep people fed and housed etc.

>> No.6613455
File: 64 KB, 1015x1024, 1610826774540.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6613452
Yeah, like they've been doing in this day and age.

>> No.6613457

>>6613419
>AI "art"
You are a fucking stupid sea gorilla.
It's not art. To create art you need desire, intention, a machine has none of that, it cannot express itself. It is as much art as a car made on an assembly line or an accidentally caught fish. Although of course arguing with an AI drone is like trying to explain color to a blind person.

>> No.6613458

>>6613455
>in this day and age.
we are not talking about that. AI is a paradigm shift.

>> No.6613467

>>6613452
>Benevolent

Be for real, you retarded commie. Raising the minimum wage is controversial enough. UBI and distributing resources equally among everyone is never going to happen.

>> No.6613468

>>6613457
I didn't make this thread to discuss what we call these images, but the effect it will have on us and most importantly future generations.

>> No.6613471

>>6613467
>retarded commie
Don't lump me in with them. Never happen? You are still applying current day thinking. This is completely new, super intelligence, yes obviously humans wouldn't manage to do it, good thing they won't have to.

>> No.6613478

>>6613458
Anon, automation and job displacement in the last few decades has done nothing but benefit wealthy capital owners and worsening the wealth gap. We are close to feudal age tier disparity.
Meanwhile wages are stagnant and nothing is being done to address any of these issues with both governments and people sucking corpo dick against their own best interest like you're doing now.
These are all basic, observable facts. Im not advocating for le ebin communism.
AI will not change any of this. Those in power will keep squeezing the plebs and do everything in their power to stay on top, history has proven time and time again, through countless technological breakthroughs. You are delusional if you think AI is different just because the scale of automation is grander than before.

>> No.6613479

>>6613467
>benevolent owners
>commie
???

>> No.6613482

>>6613478
>in the last few decades
>Meanwhile
>AI will not change
>time and time again
What did I say about current thinking?

>You are delusional if you think AI is different just because the scale of automation is grander than before.
That's not my position. We are talking about AI, something so very unlike anything we've had before, So I expect the systems that run things in the future to also be unlike anything we've had before.

>> No.6613486

>>6613482
What AI does is automate.
If you truly believe we cant look back to take an educated guess at whats actually gonna happen and should instead think in terms of sci fi fantasies with no roots in past and present socio-economic reality I dont know what to tell you, you're just coping for the sake of hollow optimism.

>> No.6613489

>>6613486
We don't have AI yet.

>> No.6613495

>>6613486
>What AI does is automate.
To clarify, What you call AI, is not the AI I am talking about. AI seems to have lost its meaning due to marketing/buzz around AI art and chatbots. These systems are not intelligent.

>> No.6613499 [DELETED] 
File: 2.72 MB, 401x476, rat_dance.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6613419
The idea that demand for man-made art will disappear, let alone its supply, seems unlikely. No matter how much the AI technology develops.
Despite the popular belief of misanthropic autistics on this site, people actually like other people. And people enjoy the arts made by other people for the simple fact that there are other people’s thoughts and efforts behind them.
Even when the AI art is equal to or even superior in quality compared to man-made ones, most people are still unimpressed by it or downright uninterested in it because there are barely any thoughts and efforts behind it. This is what they mean when they complain that AI arts are “soulless”.
The demand for man-made art won’t disappear. So will its supply.

>> No.6613504

>>6613450
What if I don't understand those things but I still want to draw

>> No.6613508

>>6613504
It's like playing a piano missing some keys, you can still create something worth listening to.

>> No.6613510
File: 1.77 MB, 1200x1512, Contrarians.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6613419
>Will people bother to do anything?
No. This goes in general.
People won't bother learning anything if they can have bots doing the thinking for them.

This automatically generated art is just the beginning.
No one gives a shit about how deep your pictures are or what they express. No have even has the IQ to understand anything beyond their own physical and emotional needs.
No one gives a shit how long you took to make the picture.
No one gives a shit how you made the picture.
People just want to consume, get fat, become rich and famous and never question anything and god forbid you make them question themselves.

Even this thread is just yet another attempt to get fat and get (you)s because god forbid you just take a gun and shoot your face.

>> No.6613513 [DELETED] 

>>6613419
The idea that demand for man-made art will disappear, let alone its supply, seems unlikely. No matter how much the AI technology develops.
Despite the popular belief of misanthropic autistics on this site, people actually like other people. And people enjoy the arts made by other people for the simple fact that there are other people’s thoughts and efforts behind them.
Even when the AI art is equal to or even superior in quality compared to man-made ones, most people are still unimpressed by it or downright uninterested in it because there are barely any thoughts and efforts behind it. This is what they mean when they complain that AI arts are “soulless”.
They much prefer man-made arts despite their cruder quality because they are “soulful”, which just means there are other people’s thoughts and efforts behind them, which they enjoy.
The demand for man-made art won’t disappear. So will its supply, too.

>> No.6613516 [DELETED] 

>>6613510
>>6613513
The duality of man.

>> No.6613518
File: 131 KB, 384x444, meo.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

pp

>> No.6613520

>>6613419
Even when the AI art is equal to or even superior in quality compared to man-made ones, most people are still unimpressed by it or downright uninterested in it because there are barely any thoughts and efforts behind it. This is what they mean when they complain that AI arts are ““soulless””.
They much prefer man-made arts despite their cruder quality because they are ““soulful””, which is just a dumber way to say that there are other people’s thoughts and efforts behind them, which they enjoy.
The demand for man-made art won’t disappear. So will its supply, too.

>> No.6613521

>>6613419
Yeah, also make money, unlike pajeets.

>> No.6613523
File: 210 KB, 769x444, fren.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6613518
ww

>> No.6613531

>>6613510
>No one gives a shit how long you took to make the picture.
>No one gives a shit how you made the picture.
>>6613520
>Despite the popular belief of misanthropic autistics on this site, people actually like other people. And people enjoy the arts made by other people for the simple fact that there are other people’s thoughts and efforts behind them.
The duality of man.

>> No.6613535

>>6613419
back from your 3-day ban, troon?

>> No.6613538

>>6613531
>>>6613510
>>No one gives a shit how long you took to make the picture.
>>No one gives a shit how you made the picture.
>>>6613520
>>Despite the popular belief of misanthropic autistics on this site, people actually like other people. And people enjoy the arts made by other people for the simple fact that there are other people’s thoughts and efforts behind them.
>The duality of man.
>n when the AI art is equal to or even superior in quality compared to man-made ones, most people are still unimpressed by it or downright uninterested in it because there are barely any thoughts and efforts behind it. This is what they mean when they complain that AI arts are ““soulless””.
They much prefer man-made arts despite their cruder quality because they are ““soulful””, which is just a dumber way to say that there are other people’s thoughts and efforts behind them, which they enjoy.
The demand for man-made art won’t disappear. So will its supply
>s a hobby and as an "Artist"/celebrity. Because to no the color relationships, what message do the proportions convey,
>been doing in this day and age. hose in power will keep about current thinking?
> but I still want to draw
goobaliddy ov spam

>> No.6613540

>>6613419
>close to indistinguishable

>> No.6613546

>>6613419
Indistinguishable yet i realized it's AI from the thumbnail

>> No.6613550

>>6613419
>Will people still learn to draw and paint now that AI art became close to indistinguishable from human rendered images?
That's one of my bigger worries when it comes to AI - a large stagnation for humanity. Why do anything if an AI can do it, and better and faster than you at that?
This is an issue because the "AI" isn't actually creative and doesn't create anything new. It needs data to take from, and without anything new being created, it can't contribute anything culturally.

>> No.6613551

>>6613419
People who draw for an end goal are people who fail.
>loses motivation because AI can do it faster/better
>tries to post for follows
>FOTM
>tries to get lucky with trends
People who actually like to draw are people who succeed. They like the process, not just the result.

>> No.6613553

>>6613419
Why do you think that trash image is indistinguishable from real art while it's so obvious that 5y.old could tell with a first glance without even zooming in to look for fingers and other obvious giveaways.

>> No.6613554

>>6613550
>it can't contribute anything culturally.
Very good point. We already struggle to get new things out into the world(remakes/multi-generational franchises dominating), this is going to make that even worse.