[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 874 KB, 1080x2340, A.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6475696 No.6475696 [Reply] [Original]

With the advent of social media platforms, particularly ones like Tiktok, it became more important than ever to market oneself as well as the art. Do you think in 2023 women have an advantage in this department, or is it a level playing field? What steps have you taken to grow your own social media platforms and promote your work?

>> No.6475700

much love from khazakstan. I hate women so much it is unreal

>> No.6475708

it's pretty clear they do an advantage in that regard
even the biggest so*boy simp can agree

>> No.6475735
File: 125 KB, 348x301, 1670049673305663.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6475696
>love someones work
>despise their personality
>begin to dislike their work as well due to their tweets/persona
many such cases!

>> No.6475829
File: 17 KB, 182x256, 155593931424.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Speaking of marketing yourself, I've been in a weird scenario, for a while I've had this mentality of "I dont care if they dont like me as long as they love [Character I made]". Like sure I want to be someone noteworthy myself, but my main focus is getting people to love this specific character I made I am more shameless to plug her than I am to plug myself.

If I can get many people to recognize my character and smile at the sight of her, I can consider myself acomplished as an internet drawfag. No matter where I, the artist, stand in skill, fame, wealth, etc, as long as she, my creation, stands high, I will be happy.
Am I stupid for having this mindset?

>> No.6475842

>>6475696
Internet is tits and ass or gtfo. This permeates all platforms and subject matter.

>> No.6475844

>>6475696
in 2023? are you retarded? there has never been a point in human history where the average woman women did not have a 1000:1 advantage in garnering attention compared to the average man
you need to get off the fucking internet, is what you need to do

>> No.6475846

>>6475829
One begets the other. Do you think most people know who draws their favourite characters? No, but some people who like your character will inevitably want to know who drew her.

>> No.6475847

>Do you think in 2023 women have an advantage in this department, or is it a level playing field?
You're not genuinely interested in the answer to this question, because it's obvious. You're desperate for interaction, but unable to offer anything worthwhile, so you troll for cheap angry replies.
TikTok is mostly useless if you're a serious artist.

>> No.6476131

>>6475846
I hate morbid people, even in literature there are pseudonyms to avoid that shit of prejudice and morbidity, today everything is so superficial, a stupid fucking girl moves her ass on tiktok drawing a preschool doodle and gets millions of views but no it endures over time, the society accelerated by social networks made everything become banal like junk food.
Not even the music is safe from that shit.

>> No.6476135

>>6475847
Being a trending topic doesn't make you famous it just makes you more addicted to dopamine, those people are depressed as fuck without their share of attention

>> No.6476153

>>6475696
TikTok clout is fucking meaningless if you're an artist. The art community is made up of underage troons and third worlders, there is no in between

>> No.6476158
File: 985 KB, 634x360, 1639015755564.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6475696
Using TikTok for art seems like a waste of time, unless you play the game right.
What you want to do is post the most quickest consumable content such as 10 seconds time lapses.
Even then, the work you must show must be generic and appeal to a mostly teenage demographic so it's either
>anime like drag onball, one piss, norato, chainsaw tard, and all the shonen trash
>portraits of celebrities
>generic pretty images
And that's all you should have on your other socials as well.
Even then it is not a guarantee since tiktoks algorithm is extremely inorganic because of phone farms.
>do you think women have an advantage
They always do, no matter the social platform.
At that moment it has nothing to do with art anymore, but rather with orbiters, simps and thirsty retards trying to get her attention, pushing her account's activity and numbers as a consequence.
As a woman, you could literally take a shit on a table and everyone would pay you to watch you do that.
Any woman that shows and makes herself the focus more than they do their art, knows exactly well what they are doing.
It rather shows that they do not care about the art at all, only about the attention and in turn this attracts more orbiters who also don't care about the art, effectively only using art as a pretense to not open an OF and call herself a sex worker.

The only artists one should respect for their art are those who never show their faces, male or female doesn't matter.
Although, if an artist admits or shows that they are female, either through their art or their online behavior, they will undoubtedly have more success than anyone else who doesn't.
The blame lies entirely on males, women just take advantage of weak faggots.

>> No.6477001

>>6475696
>look at my ass teehee! I'm an artist!
Ugh

>> No.6477005

>>6475735
how are you faggots any different than these cunts? lol you quickly berate and ostracize someone for not fitting into your shitty circlejerk.

>> No.6477046

>>6477005
Lack of self awareness is how these retards cope.

>> No.6477112

>>6475696
>lust provoking image

>> No.6477162
File: 168 KB, 593x681, 2buttsmaller.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6475735
>>6477005
I get the mentality sort of, I don't have a problem with people thinking differently but when they keep clogging up my timeline with their bad opinions and retweets seenign / learning from their art isn't always worth it.

Fucking 5 posts a day about how elon is literally Satan and smug posting how its OVER for him and his company will FAIL. really nice colours but its just not worth it rolling my eyes into the back of my skull that often.