[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 29 KB, 474x898, bvh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6417806 No.6417806 [Reply] [Original]

If you're on a break after drawing and feel like sharing what's on your mind about what you're working on, the industry, things that excite you about art, or anything that frustrates you about drawing or the process of art then grab a cup of water and chill out here. Remember to keep the discussion on-topic as much as possible.

>> No.6417817
File: 157 KB, 280x280, Thermally_Agitated_Molecule.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6417806
Oh my god, first post! Hi, everybody. I stopped drawing after college. Pretty based if I do say so myself

>> No.6417912
File: 402 KB, 650x599, Screen Shot 2022-12-10 at 12.10.55 AM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Nothing excites me anymore, except drawing. There's nothing I want to do other than produce work. I'm so goddamnned lonely, I wish I had some friends to draw with.

>> No.6418402
File: 184 KB, 444x346, fucking thing.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My sleep schedule has been complete garbage this week and it's making it harder to work on my main project when I'm sleep deprived every hour of the day. Could easily get the current bulk of the work done in two days if I didn't feel like falling off the chair half the time.
Just need to stay totally awake for another 11 hours and I can sleep at a normal time, crossing fingers it'll help a little.

>> No.6418406

With a death in the family and moving I haven't been able to keep up my desired routine. I think I only had a period of about one or two months ever where I feel I was practicing and outputting as much I wanted, but since then whenever there's any sort of squeeze in my time or motivation art is always the first to go. I've even managed to make some stuff I like in that time but it just doesn't come as easy as I want.

>> No.6418430

Since it’s December, I decided to reflect back on my progress in art through the year. I compared what I just made this past week to a lot of my older stuff, and thankfully I was able to notice significant improvements. I came across one old drawing that I liked a lot, so I tried to recreate it to see how far I had come. However, no matter how many times I tried, I couldn’t come close to reproducing it. It wasn’t even something detailed or complicated, just a quick sketch. It’s really not even a good drawing, but I just couldn’t remake it. It gave me a bit of a crisis, as if I had lost a part of myself. It also left me wondering if I had actually improved. I know I have, but why couldn’t I do something that should be easy to me now? Maybe it’s a good thing that I can’t redraw my bad art. I don’t know. I might try again tomorrow.

>> No.6418580

why do these threads keep getting deleted?

>> No.6418587

>>6418580
Because they arent about AI

>> No.6418591

>>6417806
I really hate the work I make and I feel like a fraud that has tricked people into think my work is semi-decent.

>> No.6418593

>>6418587
ur prob write

>> No.6418656

>>6418580
Someone in /v/ drawfag thread bragged how he's getting WCT threads pruned because the threads are allegedly his boogeyman's fav threads

>> No.6418661

Talking to the wind with this post.
I dont know why im posting online. No one really gives a shit. Nothing but silence and i dont know what people want. Even if they tell me and i deliver, they fuck off to the ether.
I think now, if i were to post my stuff online, is to simply save storage on my computer/phone and to have easy access to it anywhere online.
Art has become completely self serving now for me. It has opened no doors for any kind of work, especially since i dont have a legit 4 year degree.
I need a real job to feed me while i entertain myself with my drawings.

>> No.6418662

Dude, fuck posting on ic
One faggot power hungry autist gets to be a mod, then they start deleting wherever you post or other shit. Fuck this place

>> No.6418663

>>6418662
But anon you don't understand?
We need 10 rotating AI threads, what do you want to talk about? Drawing? Are you crazy?

>> No.6418722
File: 11 KB, 301x264, 1622774238956.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6418662
I was about to comment something like that, I was thinking about how this site ended up going to hell in such a short time (not that it was the best place in the world), a few months ago you could still be here more or less at ease in some thread and you could find very good artists and the kind that are friendly, but since the last MEGA died, the bad moderation and the incessant spamming of threads about AIs, the truth is that this place ended up becoming a cesspit (even more than it already was), I don't know where to migrate to, I hate discord and all the places where it's mandatory to be a namefag, I really feel helpless, I'm not saying that my whole life revolves around this place but I miss having fun with random people and the feeling of not worrying about anything since you are anonymous and whatever autistic thing you do without meaning to do doesn't matter because you are just one of the crowd. Fuck Hiro and his trannie jannies

>> No.6418727

>>6418580
good question. The answer is likely terrible mods. Last time it was one of the best active threads on /ic, on topic and some mod came out of nowhere and deleted it.