[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 16 KB, 576x304, images (44).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6243605 No.6243605 [Reply] [Original]

Like to do it like this guy https://youtube.com/shorts/CUySw8KrYfk?feature=share
Like i dont have enough ready use reference to study like a book that is inspiring enough

Googling again is v retarded twhat do

>> No.6243606

>>6243605
Bitch, if you cant inspire yourself to do the hobby youve chosen, nobody else is going to do it for you either.
Pick up your pen and draw.

Maybe you should pick a different hobby up that doesnt feel like a chore?

>> No.6243607
File: 4 KB, 150x150, images (45).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6243606
>other hobby
Got none. I have enough energy to do a single character... an object. But it seems a whole portofolio will need more

Used to be like this too when i want to do a face when i only do circles. Reading helps but the searching was hell.

Not sure what s missing

Again, More reading seems in order but not sure what. Otherwise i d be making up assignments for myself but that too isnt exciting enough since i dont think i am exciting either

>> No.6243608

>>6243607
>Got none.
You had zero hobbies before you started drawing too dingbat.

You are searching for something that doesnt exist. Forcing yourself into more reading and giving yourself dry assignments isnt going to flip a switch in your head.
You cant force it, everyone gets burned out.

Start a new hobby and sit on art for a while, itll either either come back on its own or it wont.
But you cant browbeat yourself into it, just makes you end up resenting it anyways.

>> No.6243609

>>6243608
I got nothing i wanna do and i already resent it but there s just nothing i feel like dablling nor do i find any other joys even in playing games.

I feel like i can finally MAX it out and just draw like him since i can do half what he does now but not a full wall yet so maybe it s a tiny weeny bit of infos i need to know or something

>> No.6243610
File: 15 KB, 331x286, 1560277644422.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6243609
> so maybe it s a tiny weeny bit of infos i need to know or something
Its a high level skill. There is no special info out there that will suddenly make it click, it just requires passion, determination, and lots of work. Just like every other skill.

I love you anon, and I know you have it in your soul to take your art to the next level, but it sounds like you are burnt out.
Burnout is very real, and its a wall you cannot just hurdle by pushing hard. The harder you push, the harder it pushes back while deteriorating your mind and body.

And it happens to everyone who has ever trained hard to hone any skill.

Do some research on how to deal with burnout, how to overcome burnout.
And almost all of them tell you to focus your mind elsewhere for a while.

You say there is nothing else you want to do, but thats just your passion for are talking. I know you havent truly spent any time trying out anything new, looking for anything new.

Just understand you arent abandoning your art by stepping away for a short while and recuperating.
You wont lose the skills youve honed by doing something else (as proven by the fact you also played video games)

What will happen is you will start to miss it, you will come back, and youll be in a completely different mindset as opposed to this mental box youve locked yourself in now.

Also why havent you posted any of your art yet homo?

>> No.6243611
File: 1.90 MB, 2240x2476, 20220821_151246.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6243610
>lot of
Yea well i got abit ahead with the books and its a decade now and what i couldnt now i could so it s just polishing micro details which i figured i ll check with fellow practicioners.
>burnout
Lame artblock articles dont actuallt help me sorry. So i gave up and do the fun thing that is asking if i misread a book or something

>new
Well the latest NEW i need here is to jot my memory to be able to repeat sketches regularly and dynamically
Thats new enough for me.

>lose skills
Yet they say you have to keep practicing the mind to keep muscle working so i m here doing the brainwork but it s wrong to you again.

>art
Here
Just need to be inspired enough i guess

>> No.6243612
File: 67 KB, 400x400, 1563726386542.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6243611
Artblock and burnout are two very different things anon
Its not an inspiration issue.
You cant even muster up the energy to play video games in your free time anymore.

If you find some inspiration for your art, would you suddenly be having fun playing video games again?
This is deeper than just your art, its a mental issue which mental issues can become a physical issue.
Banging your head against the wall, doing the same thing over and over again just drains a person.

Inspiration will come eventually anon.
Going hard hard hard hasnt been working for you, I hope you can slow down and take a step back for a while.
You dont lose 10 years experience and muscle memory by stepping away for a few weeks.

>> No.6243613

>>6243612
I dont hate video games but i just dont go to it to relax anymore. I plan to either stream or make games and anything that dont make money i just dont find pleasure anymore but it s just me so drawing and finding out stuff IS whats fun to me now and rhe problem now is that i am not finding much from you atm. No offense but i also thought this supposed to be trivial compared to a multibillion dollar company problem or some workstation server used fo handle millions of renders

Anyway i hope we csn make this not too complicated. Hell you can even ask me what exactly is it i am going on but it s too head to head kind of issue and no way to measure.

>> No.6243614

>>6243609
You need a therapist to put a foot up your ass to get the fuck off the depression pity pot, not a hobby.

>> No.6243615

>>6243614
Isnt that where you just talk and talk? No conversation is that worthwhile anymore
Im pretty energized than depressed. I just got no bloody ideas.... but circles.

As in the owl meme isnt funny for the ocassion

>> No.6243616

>>6243605
if you don't keep draw training, one day someone may get the drop on you

>> No.6243617

Sorry but you missed the spot.

>> No.6243618

Theres the stupid bitch
And then theres the smart hoe
Either one cant save you.

>> No.6243619

Dad will call angrily and i cant even say he s a fucking idiot

>> No.6243620

All asians are the fucking same

From caucASIANS to the fuckinf mediteranEANS. wel i gues thats why they scream 5 times a day

>> No.6243621

>>6243616 anyone always get the drop especially once different machine is involved.

That guy makes twice the result over the internet but a guy dancing on tiktok still makes ten times him so dont draw the same line

>> No.6243622

>>6243616
Also training circles all day long dont make a box but nvm i guess this is really a new thing

>> No.6243623

>>6243611
Draw from life anon. Just draw stuff in your room.

>> No.6243864

>>6243605
just draw bro

>> No.6243883

>>6243605
Kim jung gi literally draws all day every day