[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 32 KB, 413x336, the_search.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6226382 No.6226382 [Reply] [Original]

>just draw
I'm stuck on beg+ (I know perspective exists, but I suck at it, I use phone to get values, and never get the proportions right) things look in a way you can tell what I drew and not a bit better.

And I can't progress for almost a decade.

It feels really bad. There have to be materials for people who get the basics exist but can't fully grasp them or maybe can't apply theory into practice.

>> No.6226384

>beg+
post your work

>> No.6226386

>>6226382
post your work

>> No.6226406

>>6226384
>>6226386
posted many times over past few years.
all I ever get is ridicule. I mean beg+ as in A1 level rather than A0 in European level grading system, rather than to elevate myself over /ic/.

>> No.6227973

>>6226406
I have not seen your work before and I do not know who you are so its not like I can go looking for it, so i do not know what needs to be improved and how to help.

Would recommend perspective made eazy by ernest norling if perspective troubles you. How to draw by scott robertson if you crave something more advanced afterwards.
in terms of human proportions , some useful estimated proportions would be:
-the elbow is where the ribcage ends
-The ribcage is about 1,5 heads tall
-the human arm without a hand ends where the crotch is
-the foot is about 1 head tall and the hand is about 3/4ths
-the abdominal region(part between ribcage and pelvis) is about 0.5 head tall
-the thigh is 2 heads tall (the ribcage + abdominal region)
-I estimate the lower leg to be about the same size as the upper one , from what i heard the actual proportion is upper leg + foot

Different people have different proprtions so you can get away with some deviation , you dont need exact measurements.

Idk about the proportion thing if you are talking about object proportions , seems like a practice thing , perspective could help if things look disproportionate (eg. chair is too small in proportion to other objects in the hosue)

>> No.6227979

Sounds like you are either giving up too quickly when working on a piece or are genuinely mentally crippled in some way

>> No.6227988

just drawing is a good foundation! i think learning to love the craft first is important so that you can grind fundies with less stress later

>> No.6228256

>>6226382
There are very few resources for people who are permabegs. In fact, I have no idea if any truly exist.

>> No.6228338

>>6227973
>Idk about the proportion thing if you are talking about object proportions
I can draw an animal and it'll look like the reference animal but it'll be slightly off, like its legs too long compared to reference, or slightly stretched in a single direction. For human proportions I did mostly fine at the few model classes I took. It's faces or simple objects (cubes, all sorts of bottles) with little detail to get the proportions from that are problem. Measuring by 1/3rd, half 1/8th is just not detailed enough to catch the likeness or the perspective

It's fine for animal or figure drawing with baskets of fruits, but for human faces it's enough to make a difference.

>> No.6228890

>>6228256
perma means permanent
nothing can help them

>> No.6229501

How many finished drawings have you made? Give me a number. Count them if you have to.

>> No.6229774

>>6229501
I'd say around 50 b2 / b1 things.
And too many to count a4/a3 drawings.

I'm a boomer.

>> No.6229896
File: 8 KB, 272x262, 1575753054156.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6229774
You made 50 drawings in almost a decade? And you're seriously wondering why you can't seem to improve?
You're not drawing enough. Not even close to enough. For god's sake that's not even one drawing a month.