[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 603 KB, 1013x675, printed-online-digital-art-artisanhd.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6149406 No.6149406 [Reply] [Original]

I don't see a thread about it so let's talk about it.

What should you look for when finding a place to print your digital art?

What is the best printer for printing your digital art at home?

What is the best paper for printing your digital art?

How should you frame your digital art?

Or is frameless a better option?

>> No.6149432

>>6149406
1. Digital press/offset press. The higher the resolution supported with the right paper the sharper and more vibrant your prints will look.

2. Laser. Go eat a dick if you ever use inkjet.

3. Depends on your use + finish + method of printing. Browse paper merchant catalogues and check if the print shop has it.

4. Preference.

5. Nigger

>> No.6149503

>>6149406
just buy a printer moron. like $300 for a good one.

>> No.6149516

>>6149432
>>6149503
You see the thing is I want to sell my prints, so I'm also looking for good material that is good for shipping and doesn't run the risk of getting bent.

So far I've been printing my art on PVC sheets but it's too expensive to turn any profit.

>> No.6149706

>>6149406
Just look at artists selling prints of their work anon, there are multiple options, businesses specialized in offering such a service

>> No.6152655

>>6149706
Not him but it would be good to discuss the pros and cons of different services, the quality, percentage taken, people’s experiences.

>>6149503
A $300 printer is good enough to produce professional quality prints to sell?

>> No.6153082

>>6149516
Lol. How I can tell you’re underaged or new is this one sentence:
>So far I've been printing my art on PVC sheets but it's too expensive to turn any profit
>profit
Let me break it out to you so you don’t have to dwell on it for years, making money off prints is a meme. Small time artists can never get good margins especially with low quantities, even big artists struggle unless they are sponsored etc. Treat it as a hobby or networking instead unless you want to be broke.

If you’re looking for other materials which are cheap to print on which is of decent quality- try artcard or photo paper. If you’re using artcard you can have special finishes together with matte/glossy coating like gold emboss etc. You just need to be creative with the artwork. Maybe post a sample so we can see what can be worked out. Photo paper with the right printer with dpi support can produce super sharp prints. The $300 ones people mentioned should support the bare minimum for this -1200dpi.

>> No.6153315

>>6152655
Yup, but you'll get better, faster answers by taking a day googling around. If you want to make a profit, that means you want to be a pro. If you want to be a pro, then you have to start acting like one.

Learn to be independent, to use the tools at your disposal, contact the related businesses, try to see if they propose samples for comparison, etc.

At least if you're asking questions like this, show that you've been doing your homework by asking precise questions that prove you're taking yourself seriously.

I don't mean to be rude or catty, just giving you some advises that I think are important for anyone willing to actually get professional.