[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 476 KB, 564x752, pogo.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6088007 No.6088007 [Reply] [Original]

I've heard people talk about "permabeg" on this site and I think I'm really one of them. Most "permabegs" aren't self aware and always have hope, or at least seem to be enjoying things.
I think I am genuinely forever mentally handicapped in the drawing department. My upper top limit is below even the "beginner" people on Pixiv that I think look nice.
I have had suicidal thoughts due to this for the past 6 months. Last year and the year before, drawing was actually fun but I slowly became more aware that it was never going to improve. I would never ever achieve an "acceptable" level of drawing where normal people couldnt spot an error or normal people saw it as "official work done by a pro" and not "aww good work buddy!"

Drawing was the one thing that was productive and entertaining, until it was apparent that I was never meant to be a real artist.
I don't know what the point of this thread was. As you see it, do "permabegs" exist, and what is your supposed reason for them existing?
In your eyes, if someone is a "permabeg", what is the solution? If they could simply use other methods to improve, then they wouldn't be "permanent" beginner, would they?
So is the solution death?

... I think so. But I want to hear what people have to say.
Also "pyw" fuck you, I hate you, I'm not indignifying myself like that.

>> No.6088013

pyw

>> No.6088023
File: 168 KB, 750x923, Go Draw.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6088007

>> No.6088026
File: 191 KB, 728x1063, 1653810048346.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6088007
Nigger 4chin is not your social media page to feed for pity with your sob story. Kys for all I care or just draw. Draw, nigger, draw!

>> No.6088032

>>6088007
Learn to treat your body and soul with respect, only then you will be able to put the needed care and attention into your chosen craft.

>> No.6088036

"draw"
I havent used my tablet in over a month because doing anything on it brings me pain.
its gotten to the point where I cross my eyes or look away whenever I see good art or people talking about their art.
I don't care about you guys telling me "well its not so bad" about my art.

I care about you telling me your opinion on other "permabeg" people you see on this board, or the term in general, or whether you think this phenomenon is real.

>> No.6088040

>no gf
whatever, I accepted that a long time ago
>will always be poor
fine, most people in history share my fate too
>will lose my hair before 40
so what?
>will never draw well
blinding rage, extreme suicidal depression

why is it like this?

>> No.6088052
File: 232 KB, 910x913, the absolute state of this shithole.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

this board truly is only bait+/soc/+post-tranny-invasion/r9k/

>> No.6088066

>>6088040
because it is the discovery of something that finally gives life purpose, before having this purpose ripped away.
It is because one can see images so clearly in their mind, yet something inconceivably blocks them from creating these images.
It is because to them, no one feels the same pain. Anyone less skilled is simply ignorant yet happy. Anyone more skilled is blessed by god and cannot relate as their opinion is invalid.

>> No.6088068

>>6088007
A permabeg is just someone who
>can’t point out their own flaws and mistakes in their art
>can’t figure how to improve and learn from their mistakes

usually a combination of the two. Obviously you know your art is flawed, now just ask yourself “how is it flawed” and “how can I fix this?” A lot of permabegs will just constantly make the same mistake and never actively try anything different.

>> No.6088069

>>6088007
You need a teacher, go out and find one.

>> No.6088084

>>6088007
So sad

>> No.6088102

>>6088007
You don't have to be the best, you just have to be.
If you love drawing, don't let the poison of competition scare you away from the practice. Draw for yourself, without concern of what other people are doing. A drawing that exists has more value than a vague idea.

>> No.6088247

>>6088007
so put the regular plunger on the toilets lid and then i ride the other one till climax?
pretty cool not gonna lie