[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 248 KB, 1132x1000, 1489603527401.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5184860 No.5184860 [Reply] [Original]

from another thread but deserves own thread.

>because you like the idea of drawing and being able to create, not the actual process. the answer is simple, go look for another hobby or profession.

vs

>the question to this is - can you learn and refine your personal process of drawing with practice so liking the idea of drawing merges with the actual process?

discuss

>> No.5184877

>go look for another hobby or profession
They'll be looking till they die if they're looking for gratification from the training itself instead of the skill that results

>> No.5184898

>>5184860
The only way to make it is to be a machine that just renders whatever he is asked to render and has 0 personal taste or voice of his own, just does what he is told the way he is told to do it.

>> No.5184918

>>5184860
I think the answer is yes to a certain degree. If you're sitting there grinding out steps that are tedious and can be avoided for the most part; I think you can optimize your process to make it more enjoyable. If you can cut out the shit you dislike and still end up with an image that satisfies your creative vision then that's about the most you can do. If that doesn't work THEN maybe reconsider what you're doing. Maybe consider writing instead because you can get your creative outlet without the obstacle of learning to draw.

>> No.5185991

>>5184898
But hey it'd be worth the money

>> No.5185995

>>5184918
> Maybe consider writing instead because you can get your creative outlet without the obstacle of learning to draw.
I abhor writing, grinding for art feels a hundred times less awful, but I wanna e at least mediocre for making comics

>> No.5186832

>>5184918
>Maybe consider writing instead
good writing is similar difficult as drawing. most people think they can write books but usually get disillusioned after rereading their first pages.