[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 248 KB, 2700x1500, penis.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4956242 No.4956242 [Reply] [Original]

I've always seen terrible art pieces from people who've been complimented all their life about their work and I'm glad to say I'm not one of them. but I do become fearful getting critique from any friends or family especially when they actually say its good I don't know if they really mean it or they saw how hard I'm trying and are just being nice after telling me for so long that I could use work. I could be thinking abut it too much but its also the only way I can know from someone who I know would want the best for me. everyone on social media is either trying too hard to be nice or isn't genuine at all and will just say it sucks. I do believe I j=should just follow my own intuition but that in itself could be skewed.

>> No.4956244

>>4956242
But why your frens and family need to give your critique?

>> No.4956254

>>4956244
because its good to get a second opinion from someone outside of art I learned that a lot of art critics can't really draw but they know what's appealing to them/what they want to see in art that's what I look for

>> No.4956283

Don't ask for critique from people who will sugarcoat it. Only ask your asshole friends who can give it to you straight.

>> No.4956296

>>4956283
This! I got a childhood friend that never sugarcoats anything. It's extremely invaluable too cause I got the 'tism, so I do want the straight up truth so its easier to process.

>> No.4957235

>>4956296
>>4956283
thanks guys will do :))