[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 557 KB, 452x531, nbyewvfg8r7938qh0j3r.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4652899 No.4652899 [Reply] [Original]

Are you okay, anon?

>> No.4652965
File: 1.30 MB, 498x278, tenor (1).gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm not improving fast enough

>> No.4652998
File: 76 KB, 882x960, 1540681301651.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4652899
>Are you okay, anon?
no

>> No.4653003

Let's be real here, you're not ok if you're in /ic

>> No.4653026

I just want everyone to shut up for two seconds.

>> No.4653109
File: 102 KB, 828x810, 1589147763797.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I want to make a finished artwork but every time i pick up a pen i just grind senselessly.
I draw either hands, mannequins or stupid shit all day.
I still can't get hands right or the way i want them. I still don't know what the fuck i should actually draw because i see no point in creating artwork/illustrations that serve no purpose or won't even be acknowledged because they're not what people want.
I know what people want and fuck me i could use it to make money with the only thing that prevents me from killing myself, but holy shit i don't want to throw myself out there in the rat race pretending to care about retards and their fucking delusions, disingenuously marketing myself so i can make a buck.
Not to mention, you have to walk around eggshells nowadays.
One wrong word or wording and you're out.
The few problems i have with art in general is that
>you're dependent on other people to see and acknowledge your art
>if you want to be good, you have to put in a lot of time
>even then it's still a gamble whether or not you stand out or get lost in the endless shitsea of the internet
>art has devolved to hyperconsumeristic eyecandy due to the nature of social media/internet
>everyone must go realistic
>if you draw this you must be this type of person or you must be that type of person even when it's completely innocent and sfw
example: if you draw animal people a few times you must be a furry
>you can't draw more than one type of thing because you're not supposed to draw as an artist but you must draw as if you were a company offering a product
>you're ngmi if you're not delusional
>you're ngmi if you're not retarded
>you're ngmi if you're not rotten
>your only chance is to develop your work so you can work for pennies for other companies >the ones who don't give a shit about rules, laws and morality rake all the money in
>You can't try to uphold virtues
even if just by/for yourself
>everything is a political shitshow
>You can't be human anymore
i wanna log out

>> No.4653127

>>4653109
Holy fuck if this ain't the truth i don't know what is. Honestly bro i just wanna live on a island full of people like you and other artists. Where we just create the shit that WE want to create and give no fucks what people think or attack us for.

>> No.4653155

>>4653127
>i just wanna live on a island
This is how i feel, too.
I don't mind other people, but there is a limit to how much stupidity one can tolerate.
Nobody even tries to understand or communicate anymore.
Nobody tries to be better than yesterday.
It's either judge or be judged.
Everything is reactionary.

>> No.4653163

Been feeling so uninspired the past week. I don’t know why.

>> No.4653212

I think I'm okay. I've made peace with art being the long run.

I started drawing stuff again at 15, after stopping round 11-12 like most kids do, but I tried to be serious about it at 18.

I'm 22 now and I've improved, not enough to make it, but enough to not be /beg/ for the most part. And idk I was just struck by how much time I've actually got. like by 25 or 30 my stuff could be real good, if keep doing stuff consistently I don't need to be a master by 23.

I like painting right now, I have fun doing it and the results aren't bad. It feels like it's all gonna be alright.

>> No.4653217

>>4653155
This reads like you mostly interact with people online or on twitter. Real people are still fine.

>> No.4653219

>>4652899
I had a week of very slow progress on a huge drawing (6 A3 papers taped together) and for a whole three days I dipped and didn’t do shit except browse this board and play on my phone. I woke up super early today and in 2 hours I made more progress than I made in a fucking week.

Why am I like this bros what is wrong with me

>> No.4653220

my artists friends are all in the chaz. yikes

>> No.4653221

>>4653212
GMI. This is how you get the girl, the bread, the money, the fame. This is why most people fail getting fit, fail their degree or simply fail at life in general. They don’t get that complicated things take time to learn and do. You’ve got the right mindset

>> No.4653223

Am I allowed to happy vent ?

I made a character I'm very excited about. I'm having fun drawing the entire character sheet and I think it'll be a good portfolio piece. I just don't have any one to tell so I thought I'd write it out here since I am excited for once.

>> No.4653227

>>4653219
Idk anon, I can't speak for everyone but I go through similar things in short and long scales.

A friend commissioned something in late 2019. I aid it out and sketched it, didn't touch it for months. Three days ago I wake up and render the whole thing in 5-6 hours.

And on the longer scale, sometimes I'll not draw at all for months, and when I go back I'm worried I'll have regressed, but sometimes I actually kind of improved during the break!

>> No.4653232

>>4653223
Well done anon! Hope that momentum keeps you going.

>> No.4653237

>>4652899
I hate this board and the rampant shitposting and constant shitflinging so fucking much
But its the only place where people talk with genuine interest even if just a small percentage actually draws but you just gotta dig through the piles an heaps of shit
And dig i shall. The board is becoming more like v every day and its annoying.

>> No.4653247
File: 25 KB, 485x485, 1592065016615.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4653217
What do you mean?
I was talking about real people.

>> No.4653250

>>4653227
Idk I’m still at this stage where every new thing I make is an improvement over the last one even though I cleared /beg/ 3 years ago (even though I only came here a year ago). It’s just I’m a lazy lardass and challenging my art is pretty tiring. Fortunately this type of procrastination only happens outside of school schedules otherwise I’d be totally fucked

>> No.4653253

>>4653247
idk, I suppose it's just not my experience.
I like most the people I've met and interacted with in the last few years, it's honestly been a while since I met someone geniunely unpleasant that wasn't having a bad time or something

>> No.4653263

>>4653253
This, its been a while since i met someone that actually annoys the shit out of me in the art comms

>> No.4653301

>>4653253
Of course, people are going to play nice or be polite with each other when interacting directly. Because most people want to be liked at any cost, and being "nice" is a sure way to accomplish that.
But your post is the equivalent of saying:
>"Death isn't real because i haven't died"
And this way of thinking and acting is exactly what i was talking about.

>> No.4653312

>>4653301
I guess, but I'm not just talking about performative niceness. I think I've got to really know some people, and they seem to want to be better. They do want to communicate and understand. They do take time to wonder if they could be wrong. They withhold judgement and try to get facts. And even the ones that don't don't seem any more judgemental or craven or reactionary than people have always been.

I'm sure there's a shitton of shitty people, but like I just don't buy the whole "humanity is getting dumber/meaner/pettier" thing. It just sounds like cynicism masquerading as commentary.

>> No.4653320

>>4653301
this sounds like it's more of a cultural thing though. american?

>> No.4653327

>>4653312
Yes, but neither your or my subjective view represents the absolute truth of reality.
My experiences to not void out your experiences and viceversa. There is truth in both.
But, seriously, mate, you can't just go around and say;
>"this isn't like you say because my immediate environment isn't like that. That's -ism"
Aren't you contradicting yourself and proving my point?
You're not understanding, you're judging.
>>4653320
Nah, i'm pretty sure i come from the moon.

>> No.4653336

>>4653327
You’re right, there’s truth in your experience, I didn’t mean to imply there wasn’t anything valid in it

Your first post is also a judgement, it’s a blanket statement about people in general and their trajectory, one that you might adjust if you did what you say people don’t do: listen and understand.

Statements like “nobody does x anymore” and “everything is x now” feel like the sort of thing you’re tired of and disappointed by: judgements made off-hand, dismissing depth and possibilities for growth.

>> No.4653343

Two years ago
>start learning art
>have a cute/simple style I enjoy
>eager to watch lessons/read tutorials and view other people's art for inspiration
>improve fast, have actual finished work

Now
>look at my old cartoon art and cringe, see it as nothing but childish bullcrap
>take realism pill
>suddenly can't force myself to study anymore
>draw nothing but portraits and animals, won't even pick up a pencil to do anything else
>viewing other's art brings nothing but boredom
>no ideas for months on end
>try to switch back to cartoons
>still see it as childish and cringe
>mixing two styles produces ugly shit

Idk anymore

>> No.4653344

>>4653343
Don't stress about it. Enjoy life while doing some practice from life, if you had a fire in you, it's likely it returns

>> No.4653364
File: 56 KB, 556x600, H6zy9zY.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4652899
I'm injured and can't draw for more than 5-10 minutes without it hurting. Doctor told me to take my anti inflammatories, go easy on it and stretch my arm a lot so it doesn't freeze up but that shit hurts too. FUCK I just want to DRAW. God damn it.

>> No.4653407
File: 2.16 MB, 1430x1577, 1590273581993.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4653336
Yes, a blanket statement for simplicity directed in a general direction but to no one specific, ultimately for the sake of venting.
Not judgement.
I am not talking to a single person with bias,
nor am i behaving in a certain way towards them;
>because you said this like that you must be this so i will treat you like this
This is yet another example:
>walking around eggshells
We're not lawyers or politicians and we should not have to use such speak, explaining and elaborating every single word we use or being politically correct making sure every single word between regular people.
You need to be overly literate in a court of law so you don't make yourself guilty of anything by accident.
Yours, is a prime example of judgement.
I have to defend everything i say because of your lack of comprehension.
And if it doesn't fit with your projection of things, i'm guilty.
IRL would be different.
You'd be acting towards me through your judgement.
You wouldn't have time to articulate anything but you'd be simply treating me how you're projecting the whole situation through the lens of your mind.

And judgement from my part is now inevitable, but not because i don't understand, but because i fully understand you.
I try to be fucking neutral but holy shit, anon
You make it hard not to call you a fucking retard

pic semi-related
extract the meaning out yourself

>> No.4653415

>>4653407
Ok

>> No.4653442

I'm tired of my day job and want to quit so I can do art all the time, but the only thing people want to buy from me is coom shit, and I don't want to make that anymore. I feel like I'm stuck in hell.

>> No.4653524

>>4653109
You are overthinking
"Other people" and "problems with society" are not the reason you are not making it, you don't like your art and you can't make a finished artwork is the reason you are not making it, but you prefer to make up endless excuses for yourself and blame it on others to justify your lack of artistic ability (typical procrastinator mindset)

>> No.4653533

>>4652899
I simply can't get to drawing, because I can't draw. Anxiety makes me ill when facing this paradox.

>> No.4653537

>>4653524
Holy shit, you can't read.

>> No.4653543

>>4652899
been staring at a blank canvas for the whole day. sketching stupid shit hoping something will spark. it's night already and still at loss

>> No.4653550

>>4653537
You just wrote a whole paragraph bitching about society and you having to do art in accordance with that society's expectations, preceded by "I can't finish my artworks also I want to kill myself"
Sorry was there some deep meaning I couldn't understand?
Just sounds like adolescent crisis to me

>> No.4653553

>>4653109
christ you make it seem like the world is revolving around you. chill the fuck down youre not that important in other people's lives

>> No.4653559
File: 60 KB, 960x554, Hide-the-pain-Harold-e1573336230277.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4652998
>Why didn't I kill myself today? I should commit seppuku and strangle myself with my own intestines, there is no other way I can do justice to how much of a fucking disappointment I am, how the fuck did I achieve such a clusterfuck of a life, I am a waste of space-
>"You look tired anon"
>"Yeah, just a bit stressed"

>> No.4653561
File: 1.06 MB, 1025x754, 1591973870285.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4653550
Yeah, but you also have the reading comprehension of a fucking pre-schooler.
Do you need a picture book to understand context and implications?
>>4653553
>stop experiencing your existence
>join the hivemind
back to r*ddit, samefag

>> No.4653562

>>4653127
t. pedo artist

>> No.4653565

These threads always remind me what a useless tool of self abuse language can be

>> No.4653580 [DELETED] 

>>4653561
You are expressing the most basic teenage "we live in a society" concepts, stop acting like it's some kind of hidden knowledge.
The context and implications are that you will have to operate within that society no matter whether you like it or not and you have no choice.

>> No.4653584
File: 329 KB, 800x600, 1588639469328.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4653580
>why are you venting in a vent thread?
>why do you not want to suffer like the rest of us?
holy shit, you're fucking retarded.
gtfo my board, bodysnatcher

>> No.4653595
File: 57 KB, 405x381, flooball.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does anyone else get pissed off at references like this? Even if you copied the pose PERFECTLY and showed it to someone, it still wouldn't look right

>> No.4653600

It took me a couple of weeks to get over someone but I think I can move on now. My energy has returned.

>> No.4653626

>>4653127
>create the shit that WE want to create
then just do it you idiot why do you need other people's approval. holy shit am i missing something or is that line absolutely retarded, feel like people who say stuff like this have never even drawn anything at all and just say all these idealistic mumbo jumbo to feel good about themselves about being an """"""artist"""" that never draws at all

>> No.4653629

>>4653626
Because doing what organized terrorists hate will isolate you and destroy any kind of future, making it impossible to connect with your audience.

>> No.4653643

I finally have a good routine of drawing daily going and I'm making good progress. But all this time I didn't give much attention to my Twitter. Now that I need it and have the content to show I realized that it's absolutely dead and no matter what I try I can't get it to work.

>> No.4653646

>>4653595
Just because something can exist in real life doesn't make it a good subject/pose for a drawing or a photo. Find better refs.

>> No.4653656

>>4653561
Not that anon but in it's core your whole post can be summarized to >>4653550 and >>4653524. It's less about anon not being able to comprehend your post but rather about you not realizing that you're making excuses instead of putting in the hard work.
But you can do it, anon. Get a routine going, improve your art to a level that you desire and keep getting it out there. If you still have the same problems after reaching upper /int/ or lower /pro/ then I will take your post seriously. Ganbatte.

>> No.4653770
File: 72 KB, 439x452, 1592067222882.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4653656
>vent thread
>NOOOO U CAN'T VENT UR VENT IZ WRON
Seriously, this fucking place is filled with illiterate fucking r*dditors, isn't it?
>"I know what people want and fuck me i could use it to make money with the only thing that prevents me from killing myself, but holy shit i don't want to throw myself out there in the rat race pretending to care about retards and their fucking delusions, disingenuously marketing myself so i can make a buck."
Why do you focus on anything else but this?
And even then, what you seem to understand from the whole post
>i want to die
>i'm not good
>i don't want to put in the work
You know why i tell you you're illiterate?
Because you don't read.
You're actively trying to handpick words to then make absolutely abhorrent self-fellatio posts.
>GLUG GLUG iz not how u say iz how ME say GLUG GLUG
I fucking despise people exactly for these reasons.
You don't know shit, yet you always know it better than the one complaining.
I came here to escape retards like you, yet here you fucking are being goddamn faggots.
Don't you have parties to do or stds to get, you filthy normies?
You don't have any insight in anything
You don't have any sympathy beside for yourselves
You can't even allow another point of view to exist
You deal in absolutes
You are so far up your asses that by fucking reading the title of a book you already know what's in there, you know the full and complete story and even have the fucking gull to review it
>b-b-but ur making excus haha i knwo stuff
What in the living fuck are you even on about besides jerking off in your mind?
Have you ever talked to or seen a real person or were you always surrounded by blank,human shaped bots regurgitating platitudes?
You can't even control your insecurity over the internet holy fucking shit

Now try to guess why i'm so fucking disgusted at the sole thought of having to directly and personally deal with retards like you over a long period of time
an hero

>> No.4653796

>>4653770
>NOOOO U CAN'T VENT UR VENT IZ WRON
I'm not saying it's wrong, everyone needs to vent from time to time. But usually when I vent and someone gives me a headsup to what I could do to fix the cause of my vents I listen, collect my thoughts and try to apply it if it makes sense to me.
>You are so far up your asses that by fucking reading the title of a book you already know what's in there
To cut a long story short, I've seen enough of these posts and engaged with enough of people like you on top of having been there myself. I kept talking like this myself and tried to justify my position in any way possible until I realized what the problem was, asked for advice, improved my art and fixed it. I'm still not where I want to be but I feel like I'm slowly getting there now.
>Now try to guess why i'm so fucking disgusted at the sole thought of having to directly and personally deal with retards like you over a long period of time
an hero
I'm just asking you to stay calm, maybe take a break for a few days and try to work on your situation. I don't know you, your art or whatever else is going on in your life, but I know that with enough time and effort almost everyone can make it (whatever this means for everyone is highly subjective), as far as art is concerned.

>> No.4653811

>>4652899
Im so fucking done with "open spaces" in every fucking building.
>that room is too closed off
>that corridor should be an open space
>that basement could improve on the open spaces department
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA JUST FUCKING ISEKAI ME ALREADY
IM DONE WITH THIS FUCKING SHIT
ARCHITECTURE WAS A MISTAKE
i only want to fight goblins in a forest at this point

>> No.4653819
File: 160 KB, 475x267, 1571057690991.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4653796
>I don't know
>BUT I'M GOING TO GIVE YOU GENERIC ADVICE
>GLUG GLUG
god fucking dammit, anon
>>4653811
>JUST FUCKING ISEKAI ME ALREADY
This is how i fell right now

>> No.4653837

>>4653819
Nobody can give you proper advice without seeing your works first. But this board or rather this website is probably the worst place to do it. /beg is questionable at best and the other drawthreads are filled with crabs, who rather pull everyone else down to their level of misery than to actually help people. That's why the only 'generic' advice I can give is not to give up, no matter how hard it seems in this moment, sorry anon. I hope you get your art back on track and get the gains that you're looking for.

>> No.4653864

This fucking jap spamming my Twitter feed of the new episode of princess connect and when I mean spam I’m talking barrage back to back spoilers I want to put through his head in minecraft

>> No.4653869

>>4653864
*a bullet through his head and remind him why America occupies his worthless country

>> No.4653885
File: 186 KB, 1024x1024, maneki2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4652899
Yesterday my friend invited me to hang out. it had been a long time since i've been around anyone. maye 3 months. So I said fuck it. I grabbed my sketchbook and went. Get to his house, he has a friend there with him. Guy immediately goes for a handshake... i reluctantly take it. they are passing weed back and forth. i refuse. i come to find the guy is a fucking EMT. he has seen dozens of people die of corona and has been in a room with the for the last few months and now he's here offering me weed. Go into his room for AC. now they are vaping and i realize if either of these guys has the virus i now have it 100%. im boxed in a room with the windows closed with an EMT who is emptying his lungs into the air. I try to engage in conversation but all they can talk about is george floyd. they put on the new chappelle special and it's nothing but propaganda and fake outrage and lies. i start sketching. idk what i want to make but i like doing this 5pp fisheye stuff. so i just start with some cubes in a grid. they're now watching ps5 trailers. i haven't owned a video game console since Xbox. I don't even understand the appeal. Every game is the same. Same trailer suspense music, same BWAAAA. Same fantasy forest LOTR looking horseshit. Same jump scares. Then they put on that stupid new music video everyone is freaking out about. It's 2 fat black mexicans shaking their asses with rainbows swirling around in the background. It's te gayest thing I've ever seen in my life. I turn to my friend and say "if i was going to design a propaganda video to show someone who didn't know what one looked like, this is what i would make it look like to show as an obvious example." my friend looks through me. he is looking in my direction but his eyes are focussed several feet behind me and he doesn't not acknowledge in anyway that my words are registering. I start to wonder if I'm a ghost.

>> No.4653896

>>4653885
so anyway among the filth in this kid's disgusting room i see a sarku recepit. sarku is basically a japanese fast food place that they have in malls in america. I didnt even know people still went to malls. It's the lowest of the lowest quality japanese food you could ever have in your life. I don't even think the people working there are Chinese. I think they are like... some country you've never even heard of level 3rd world. But it made me want Japanese food, so that's why I drew this. Sorry I know it's a little fucked up. I didn't measure anything. It's just from my imagination. I brought home the papar sketch and went over it real quick just now with my tablet just to make it somewhat presentable for my IG.

>> No.4653907

>>4652965
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlU-zDU6aQ0

>> No.4653938
File: 160 KB, 1080x1080, sJ1y0YB.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4652899
I'm frustrated with /ic/. I know I'm going to get a lot of shit for this from you fuckers, to avoid wasting my time I'm just going to vent it out and leave the thread.

You guys will do anything to avoid practicing. You'd rather argue all day long . Some of you get frustrated and take it out on everyone. Some of you are jelly little turds that attack anyone better than you instead of trying to absorb their knowledge because you're insecure. You refuse to take critiques. You don't want to study fundamentals because they're boring or you think you don't need them. You sit down for 8 hours to draw and spend 2 hours actually putting a pencil to paper. You crab on others for whatever reason. You live in chaos and some of you enjoy it, others are just used to it. I think some of you are newfags pulling a monkey-see monkey-do, acting like an asshole to fit in to an anonymous board, not realizing that this is not our board culture, it's just the result of having so many toxic people in one space. When you see anyone giving it their all, you tear them down constantly, I'm not talking about critique here, I'm talking about useless personal insults and abuse. If you're one of these people, fuck you, you're part of the cancer that's killing this board.

Speaking of critique, for a board about artwork and critique, you guys can't do it to save your life. You think that crit is just telling someone theyre bad and leaving it at that. You think it's taboo to say that you like something about a piece here and put your energy into shitposting instead, attacking anyone who gives a damn compliment. Did you even read the rules? Mods don't seem to care anymore but you fuckers used to get your shit deleted for acting this way.

To the anons here that work hard every day to improve, that sit and write thought out critiques and advice, you anons that don't LARP as a professional for validation, you are the only good thing about this board. You and all the resources. Thank you.

>> No.4653939
File: 65 KB, 600x580, 4D21D914-E535-451D-A403-F70A0B9284A8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I wish I knew how to fix it. I’ve psychoanalyzed myself over and over to get to the root of it and it’s obvious what my issues are. my life is really great at the moment but I’ve got some heavy family problems that eat at the back of my mind constantly. for some reason it’s had an effect on my drawing abilities more than anything. I don’t enjoy my hobbies anymore, I can get to work and do my job just fine for the most part but when I try to do something fun like drawing or cooking or even vidya I just get tired and want to go back to bed and look at my phone. I have a great relationship and it’s the only thing keeping me going, I’m grateful, but all the loss in my family is messing with my brain. I know I have more important things to deal with but drawing was one thing I always wanted to be good at and thought I had control over. now every time I look at the paper I instantly get tired and lose focus. I’ve gained weight from eating my feelings and I’m guessing that’s what’s making me so tired all the time. I know I should get some exercise and eat less, I know how to solve these problems for the most part but it’s actually doing the damn thing. I feel like I have no time. work consumes most of my time and the weekends go by so fast. i don’t even know what advice to ask for because the answers for how to self improve are pretty clear, I just have no energy and am constantly distracted and too lazy. I thought I was better than this.

>> No.4653945

Realized last night that my progress over the past 5 years has somewhat stagnated. I'm gonna try and fix it, but work sucks all the energy out of me. Working 6 day weeks is too much.

>> No.4653971
File: 48 KB, 512x512, 1591967898490.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4653939
whatever you do, stay away from weed. you are in a perfect state to have a full blown anxiety attack. i think you have to put your priorities in order. i had a friend who was 550 lbs. and he told me something similar to what youre saying. everyone knows just eat less and work out but he cant bring himself to do it. and when we talked about it, what it really came down to was he was always fat, his parents were fat and overfed him. he felt like it wasnt his fault. and i told him, being an adult means taking responsibility for things that werent your fault. i know its not fair. i know you got dealt a bad hand in life. but there is no cosmic justice to right things. it might not be fair but you do have to work harder than most people for the things you want. im not saying its right, im saying its the only way. it comes down to how bad do you want something and how much are you willing to suffer for it? if you were really in love with something you might be wiling to feel hunger pains for it. i think i got a lot of this fro the book the war of art. it's a quick read. but yea dude depression clouds your judgment ,saps your energy, you will have to do something drastic. you will have to force yourself to be very uncomfortable for a while. one of the things about the gym a lot of people dont know is... as annoying as it is when you start, you dont get used to it. it doesnt get easier over time. it gets harder actually. it takes more work and more discomfort to see progress. its really how hard you want to work, how bad do you want it.

>> No.4654002

>>4653837
>glug glug
Anon, i didn't ask for shit.
I just wanted to vent.
i come on this board to gather stuff and read threads.
Not to get bad advice from normies.

>> No.4654007

>>4653939
Go to a fuckin therapist

>> No.4654034

>>4653938
although you have some valid points;
you should lurk moar

>> No.4654046

>>4654002
>anyone who gives me advice is a nOrMiE

>> No.4654068
File: 246 KB, 435x532, 1588816524165.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4654046
go make a thread about how you have aphantasia and we should all donate to your patreon, you illiterate inbred

>> No.4654109

>>4653562
>>4653626
>crabs

>> No.4654133

>>4652899
I used to love to draw when I was a kid but my older sister was "the artist" so my mom only encouraged her and not me. Now it's been about a decade and I haven't drawn since elementary. I wish I had been given a push because I could've been amazing by now.

>> No.4654145
File: 3 KB, 125x125, 1584648034873s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Holy hell wtf happened to the vent thread? There's arguing in here aswell? Damn people, just let other people vent wtf? Some people just don't want advice and want to vent. Holy hell.

>> No.4654153

>>4653971
thanks for the honest response friend. one thing I omitted in my post was that I smoke weed almost every day, and I have to admit to myself that it’s not helping at all. I have had multiple anxiety attacks. wrt to everything else you said, you make me miss the times where I would bust my ass working hard for nothing more than the personal satisfaction of it. today I’m going to try to start a good schedule for myself and get my shit back on track, starting with getting exercise and cutting out weed.

>> No.4654166
File: 1.58 MB, 598x1372, dodges-your-assassination-attempt.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

you better watch out
you better watch out
you better watch out
you better watch out

>> No.4654264

>>4653109
I am really really fucking sick of the modern concept of "Oh you drew X thing, that means you are Y personality!"
>Draw a single animal character, you're a disgusting furry
>Draw a single kid character from a cartoon, not even sexual or even remotely approaching NSFW at all, just simply drawing one now means you are a pedo
>Draw anything anime related means you are either a pedo or alt-right
>make too many pics without any minorities in it you are a racist
>make too many pics with minorities in it you are an appropriating racist
>character has a bare foot, that means you are a foot fetishist
>literally anything and everything is now a fetish and it is really easy to be labeled a fetish artist when just making a pic of a character

>> No.4654276

>>4653626
Because every single last social circle where one can post their work and promote it with hopes of some day being paid are completely dominated by modern internet mod mentality. And they demand all people only think what they think and hold the opinions they hold or they will take time out of their day to try to ruin you and destroy any chance of you ever having a career again.

>> No.4654289

>>4654264
I agree, really tired of people thinking I'm gay when I draw Piccolo fucking Vegeta in the ass with his huge non-canonical balls and cock

>> No.4654303
File: 29 KB, 720x720, 1589528120647.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4654264
One anon that fucking understands.

>> No.4654339

Bros....I'm an artist and I'm not too shabby. I have a decent following but the best attention my art ever got me was that of my ex-girlfriend. I still love her. She moved on. Replaced me with somebody I previously called a friend. She's an artist and very popular and she took me under her wing. We were together five years and made so much art together. I fucked up in the relationship. I hurt her and failed her. I lost my favorite person in the world and my art buddy.

I was NEET as fuck before meeting her and I feel like I've fallen back down several rungs and am in the shitter again. All I have is my art, which I'm thankful for. I have a lot of fans. I'm trying to take comfort in the idea that I'll be a stronger artist after all of this and I can turn all this pain into motivation. But man...holy shit is it painful to have your heart completely shattered.

I wish you all the best. Keep practicing. Art is gonna keep me sane through all of this and its the most reliable friend I'll ever have. Its so worth it. You're gonna make it.

Just...appreciate what you have...you don't realize how valuable things are until you lose them.

>> No.4654376
File: 344 KB, 896x622, beksinski.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4653109
>>4654264
I think everything goes as long as it's done with sincerity and in good taste

>> No.4654604

>>4654264
>>character has a bare foot, that means you are a foot fetishist
This guy I knew from 4chan would always make foot fetish jokes whenever I would draw a character barefoot. I don't know if he was the one with the fetish, if he was poking fun at me thinking I had a fetish for drawing a body part, or both.
I still draw everything I feel like drawing but now I've got that self-consciousness about it in the back of my head and it's annoying.

>> No.4654630

>>4654604
I draw characters with bare feet or at least toes not because I got a fetish, but cause I suck at drawing feet and need to practice it somehow

>> No.4654700

>>4653885
>>4653896
Actually pretty surreal to read. Good vent, sorry I don't have any more to say than that

>> No.4654955
File: 6 KB, 263x192, download (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Huion Device Disconnected

>> No.4654973

>>4654339
Even though you lost her, I'd give anything to have that experience, to feel worthy of it
You did it once you can do it again

>> No.4655095
File: 232 KB, 1024x1024, 1592274299756.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4653885
>>4653896
update. i feel better.

>> No.4655106
File: 81 KB, 366x564, creepyfaggot.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I hate disgusting ninnying entitled lecherous leering homosexuals

>> No.4655121

>>4655106
Sorry you got molested by A Gay. :’(

>> No.4655152

>>4653559
This post really encapsulates it perfectly.

>> No.4655179

My brother was away for the past two months visiting his gf, so I basically had the house all to myself all day everyday. Now he's back and since he works from home he takes up the entire kitchen table. So now I have no space to work on my art in a comfortable way.

>> No.4655246

>>4652899
>>4652965

I'm just at the point where if you hand me a gun I might just put it in my mouth and blow my fucking brains out. I know this isn't particularly serious sounding but I mean it.

>> No.4655255

what the fuck am i doing

>> No.4655288

>>4654166
>Algenpfleger
this fucking guy
>confederate mount Rushmore reference
based
>(Im german)
lmao why did he say that?!

>> No.4655312

>>4655288
He's "German" meaning he hates the inferior races and loves the master race. He's hinting that he gives zero fucks about that monument rock, and he maybe even intended to make the shrine resemble it.

Learn to read between the lines and you'll understand so much more about the world.

>> No.4655318
File: 131 KB, 640x640, 1592231661674.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4652899
My own insecurity and fear of failure are preventing me from achieving things that I want to do. The greatest barrier has always been myself and I fucking hate it.

>> No.4655328

>>4655318
feels poo poo doomer man

>> No.4655352

Regressing for no reason, starting to consider giving up after 5 years or almost uninterrupted drawing

Today was the worst, couldn’t even get out an idea

>> No.4655355

>>4654376
>sincerity and in good taste
You mean boring.

>> No.4655567
File: 94 KB, 1024x470, Mazda_Miata.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4652899
>be me
>redlining newfag came from 2023
>he drawn 4500 loomis head
>"god damn it make some meaningful stuff"
>"no fundamental is important i have to master it"
>"drawing loomis head over and over again is not fundamental dipshit"

"Muh fundamental, Muh draw fast,Muh drawing same standing pose 3500 again muh get a job, hurr durr i'm better than you"

Never ever help another people never show work for them no matter how you skilled how you experienced

And never deal with crabs
Never envy other's work
Never copy photo all day
Never study anatomy first before know what to draw
Never think realism is only answer
And study perspective first seriously
And lastly don't think this is worst place

>> No.4655597

>>4655567
Are you retarded?

>> No.4655601

>>4654145
Everyone gotta start useless fights or play armchair psychiatrist.

>> No.4655608

>>4655597
I had bullshit happening for several month don't even try to figure it out

>> No.4655613

I love drawing but if it weren’t for my one friend I’d probably kill myself

>> No.4655684
File: 577 KB, 220x268, 13264745745.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>connect the tablet
>2 hours have passed
>launch csp
>another hour has passed
>still haven't drawn anything

>> No.4655737

>>4655613
Bruh you are literally me. At least we have our one friend. What really sucks is that I was actually doing better about trying to meet new friends and talk to girls and then the rona quarantine started. Loneliness is demoralizing. I have discovered that running for two or three miles completely frees me from those feelings and then I feel ok to do art. If I lived somewhere that had total lockdowns where you can't leave your house I would have gone out of my mind by now

>> No.4655751

>>4655684
Oof. You should just draw when you feel like that. Draw whatever you're comfortable with just to get yourself drawing something, anything. Don't be afraid of making mistakes or the drawing looking bad, you don't have to show anyone. Go draw along with Bob Ross if that's something you like. Have fun with it. Make something. That's a good starting point. From there you might get your drive back and start trying to improve your work.

That's the only way I could get myself drawing every day again after I was in a funk and did that exact same shit. Hope you can find the fun in art again and things get better.

>> No.4655756
File: 351 KB, 642x216, _.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why the fuck does my browser go to Mike's oily, smug face every time I click the back button from one of Saturn's photos? This is crushing my soul.

>> No.4655849
File: 106 KB, 593x578, 1523165512725.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4652899
I fucking hate summer. My ass is constantly sweating, body feels sluggish and I can't focus. Fortunately I live in a city where it's really hot only a month in total and it rains a lot, but those occasional weeks of intense heat are killing my productivity.

>> No.4655874
File: 10 KB, 300x300, 1456684795870.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4655849
>sweating like a pig
>took a morning to go to the beach in 35 degrees hell for 3 hours
>completely burned my skin
>haven't sweat or even felt hot for the past few days
You should try it

>> No.4655878
File: 68 KB, 730x732, today I will draw.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>didnt draw for weeks
>before that also didnt draw for weeks
>today Im going to draw
well okay today I 100% will but what about tomorrow?

>> No.4655882

>>4655756
Its a sign. You have to draw him

>> No.4655890

>>4655878
Don't think about tomorrow, what matters is today. If you are or aren't going to draw tomorrow is tomorrow's problem. Ditto for tomorrow.

>> No.4655905

>>4655890
true. man Ive been in a hole the last couple months but its finally coming to an end

>> No.4656108
File: 31 KB, 540x513, 12321536347.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The only good think in the new forced twitter redesign is that I no longer have the number of my followers showed in my face every time I load up the timeline. This is kinda nice, I no longer has to worry when I reload the page and lose a follower

>> No.4656354

so instagram is now censoring me. time to jump ship again for the 900th time. i sent a picture of deblasio's piss bucket of a daughter to my friend, they deleted the picture. i messaged him to say that i sent him the picture and they deleted it and then they deleted those messages as well.

>> No.4656408

>>4656354
It isn't all that surprising that insta monitors private messages, but I would have thought that they'd try not to be too intrusive about it. I guess this just goes to show that they expect that people have made their peace with being data mining cattle

>> No.4656438
File: 51 KB, 300x418, 157-1572331_post-dunce-pepe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How do I build my ability to focus?

>> No.4656713

>>4656438
Learn Patience.
Try to stop yourself from giving in to every emotion or indulge in things impulsively.
By learning how to patience, you'll learn to focus, if you're willing.

>> No.4656740 [DELETED] 
File: 154 KB, 640x879, 4C8C3DB4-AC4A-4F08-BBF2-5CE19CB368C8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4656354
>>4656408
Instagram seems to love me
>>4656438
Limit time spent browsing the ‘chon, limit dopamine (stop masturbating)

>> No.4656746

I've been drawing since 2016-17 but I always would doodle stick figures and random stuff you'd see a child draw before that.
My art is shit and I know that I used to draw pretty sporadically, and sometimes wouldn't draw for almost a year.
Now I'm trying to adapt a consistent lifestyle but it's just a bit hard. I exercise semi-daily, trying to stop fapping and learning art efficiently instead of drawing fucking ugly cartoonish 3/4 heads all the time.

I learned that I need to copy from real life and observe in order to properly learn. It's a tough pill to swallow. As much as I would rather read and do dynamic sketching exercises/practices, this is also extremely important too, right?

>> No.4656855

>>4656438
ikr? ive wasted more time on watching femboy tiktoks than actually drawing holy shit AAAAAAAAAA

>> No.4657112

>>4656740
if you want to test it, i sent the picture of deblasio's daughter where she is sitting in a subway, exposing herself and you can see her fuck communism tattoo"

i mean you could try to claim its because of nudity but i follow plenty of accounts that are straight up pornographic. full spreading lips nudity that aren't censored. but whats really bad is after that i wrote to my friend saying that the picture was deleted and they deleted that too. test it out if you want, send it to someone. send it to me if you dont want to send it to one of your friends @nuruigumi. itll get deleted in about 30 seconds.

>> No.4657117

>>4656408
yea i guess. i dont use that account for anything other than art. i specifically have in my bio that i do not post about politics. its not a personal account for friends really. this was the first time i sent something like that and that something like this ever happened.

>> No.4657125
File: 17 KB, 482x409, sneezing-cat-sneezing-herpes-indianapolis-vet.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4656438
first of all, id say caffeine helps. but also i'd say force yourself. you can physically do it. it's not that there is a weight too heavy for you to lift. it's that you don't feel like it. you are too comfortable to be bothered.

if you are getting distracted you either have to force yourself to be better or you have to lower your standards. i mean... some guys are way too lazy to work out and then theyre sad they cant get a hot girl. so in tat situation you could complain that the girl is a superficial bitch and be single forever, or you can lower your standards. just embrace being a slob. tell yourself "this is as good as it gets." "this is my maximum potential." and pinch your fat man tits and then go fap to some more gay porn or whatever it is you waste your time on.

really there is no magic. it's fucking pure grit hard work and stimulants.

>> No.4657198

How do you draw coomer shit without jacking off ever 15 min? I cant fucking concentrate.

>> No.4657212
File: 59 KB, 900x600, Rachel Jeantel.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4657198
i would like to know this as well.

honestly considering a chastity cage. and then you can buy a time lock. set it for 2 hours or something.

>> No.4657226

>>4652899
>Are you okay, anon?
No, I got bullied to the point of tears on a draw thread. I've only been drawing for a few weeks and I posted one of my first attempts and I have a dozen people rip me apart and mock me. Then after I spent hours trying to improve and posted a new draw people still were shitting on me and not trying to help critique me at all. Fuck this site Im done trying to learn anything from here

>> No.4657232

Why things cost money

>> No.4657236

>>4657226
>people still were shitting on me and not trying to help critique me at all
Welcome to ic

>> No.4657246

>>4657226
Is this anon you >>4656368 ? If it is you then you should've have expected comments like that because it looks like a joke.

>> No.4657250

>>4657226
You can't expect to see major improvements in a few weeks much less a few hours, just keep practicing. Also nothing anyone says on this site is worth crying about, most of them are probably frustrated about one thing or another and need to take it out on someone. Try working on your mentality while working on your art so that you don't end up like them

>> No.4657251

>>4657246
I'm not sure what would be sadder this anon being a troll or just genuinely retarded. He probably has autism either way

>> No.4657259

>>4657246
yooo wtf, I didn't know proko was on ic

>> No.4657262

>>4657226
>Then after I spent hours trying to improve and posted a new draw people still were shitting on me and not trying to help critique me at all.
Ahh this brings me back

>> No.4657292
File: 176 KB, 1663x1247, 1524334636134.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4655613
>he has a friend

>> No.4657346

>>4653885
You probably should've stayed inside your house

>> No.4657391
File: 293 KB, 633x758, 1481780786433.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I wish I had talent.

>> No.4657395
File: 669 KB, 3300x2550, 1592362089442_Untitled_Artwork.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My return window just ended the day before yesterday and those gaywads at apple just started gaving away some free earbuds to people that bought an ipad. Customer support passed me around to like ten different people before telling me no.

But I just started drawing and I'm having a blast. I started doing the loomis shit but I found that it sucks all the fun out of art. So I'm just gonna draw and learn coloring myself.

OC do not steal plz

>> No.4657401

I have no idea how to proceed with my art, I've improved over the last few years but I don't think it's enough to really be a professional. I don't even know if I want to be professional, it looks like a lot of dick sucking and draining your personality so you're not controversial.

>> No.4657435
File: 55 KB, 500x275, B1C70FA1-DDB5-441F-835D-25E6B6A4F9B4.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I don't even know why I'm drawing anymore. I don't want it as a job, I don't post anything online, and I don't show anyone irl either. I think I'm only doing it because everyone always called me the "art kid" growing up and it's the only thing anyone praised me for. Feels bad.

>> No.4657447

>>4657435
>I don't even know why I'm drawing anymore
Do it for cummmmmmmm

>> No.4657462

I can't see my future

>> No.4657466

>>4657435
I feel like I'm only drawing to actively get mogged.

>> No.4657468

I'm scared to buy a screen tablet because I don't trust any reviews to be genuine

>> No.4657500
File: 334 KB, 600x638, 1592218578316.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4657391
wish in one hand, take a diarrhea shit in the other. see which hand fills up first.

>> No.4657647

>>4656354
>i messaged him to say that i sent him the picture and they deleted it and then they deleted those messages as well.
How the fuck is that possible, this is some China tier censorship.

>> No.4657669
File: 981 KB, 342x239, 1465073267809.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4652899
>Are you okay, anon?
No but I realized that as long as I keep taking on the mentality of "fuck this world, I do what I want" then I actually end up drawing more and more. Doesn't stop the depression but I guess I'm actually getting things done.

>> No.4657718

This isn't about myself but about two friends i have.

>friend A asks me for help with art, recommend him some beginner books, latches on to me and keeps asking me nonstop for art advice
>this has gone on for around six months and he has barely fucking started any of the books
>rarely ever draws and prefers to instead have meta discussions about art to me
>"sooo learning art is like you gotta visualize stuff in 3d right ahahaha" stoner filler talk all fucking day
>makes a huge fucking deal of "alright im going to start drawing now im so motivated" but never actually fucking does so, just fidgets all day and accomplishes nothing

>friend B has a dream of being a game concept artist and a western irezumi (japanese tattoo) artist, wont shut up about it, as lame as it sounds i've supported him because he is a great guy
>he recently got a tablet on discount and gave me a link, used that to upgrade my old tablet too
>excited that we can start learning together, link him some beginner books
>show him my drawings, which are pretty /beg/, but still i thought it'd be fun to compare and show our progress
>despite him making a big fucking deal of wanting to be an illustrator with no art experience at 21yo, never shows me any of his drawings
>that's fine, maybe he's not comfortable showing them off, no big deal
>if not for the fact that when we talk normally as friends, he just dodges the question and goes silent when i change the subject "you draw anything for today" (i'd expect he fucking did since he just bought an expensive tablet on discount)
>this has gone on for about two weeks now

I think these two dudes are more enamored with wanting to be cool badass artists or mangaka who get tons of likes in social media than actually having fun exploring the medium itself and facing its challenges, as frustrating as it may be sometimes.. They like the vocation, not the work. It's really pissing me off, these spiritual theater kids. Friend A browses /ic/, you know who you are.

>> No.4657791

>>4657718
>wanting to be cool badass artists or mangaka who get tons of likes in social media than actually having fun exploring the medium itself and facing its challenges, as frustrating as it may be sometimes..
>They like the vocation, not the work
Welcome to /ic/

>> No.4657828

>>4654264
welcome to the most superficial generation of all time, where there is only surface appearance and everyone is a hollow husk with a label printed on it.

I'm happy that at least someone else is tired of it.

>> No.4657838

>>4653945
>Realized last night that my progress over the past 5 years stagnated

me too fren. if not for the quarantine i might have never picked up the pencil again

>> No.4657875
File: 43 KB, 380x362, smile.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4652899

>try social media stuff

>"dude, just draw what you like"
>ok
>draw what I like
>no one cares

>"you have to draw fanart to make it!"
>ok
>draw fanart
>get pestered by requests
>no one cares

>"you dummy, you have to draw lewds if you want any attention"
>ok
>draw lewds
>a few followers, most of them are bots
>the rest are people begging for free stuff
>no one cares

>"nah, the only way to make it is to be consistent"
>ok
>draw and post every single day for months
>slow decrease in likes
>start losing followers

>"Just get a little boost by doing fanart for a known artist"
>ok
>do art for a few artists
>get a boost in attention and follows
>lose most of them in less than a week
>like count remains constant

>meanwhile
>people drawing their own OCs have thousands of follows
>people making fanart make a living out of it
>people drawing lewds are getting more and more attention
>people use my same strategies and succeed

>one dude likes my posts
>says he love my art and that it inspired him to start drawing again
>commissions me
>twice
>the only commissions I sold from the start of all of this

Worth it

>> No.4657938
File: 247 KB, 1125x1088, 1588730134137.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4657828
I'm happy that someone other than me thinks the same way about that.

>> No.4657975

>>4657875
>He actually has followers and gets likes instead of throwing art in a void
Whoa get a load of Mr Popularity right here

>> No.4658006

>>4657875
ye, survivors bias is real.

>> No.4658010

Is there anything more pathetic than some bad artist tweeting @ big artist with the eyes emoji and some provocative message that makes them to reply / retweet

>> No.4658104

>>4658010
Yes, (you).

>> No.4658115
File: 40 KB, 1056x470, time and money.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've had to stop and think about what I'm doing, and what I will be doing for the coming years
The bottom three numbers represent how much money I'm likely to have saved by mid-2021, when my contract ends and I'm forced to return home.

It's quite a bit in savings (projections have been overestimates by quite a bit though)
What I need is time, and a way to earn art income in a shitty, Muslim country.
Having a permanent bank account here is great, there is no income tax so I can send any freelance money to here.
This is compensated by an extremely high CoL
THAT is compensated by living with my parents

According to projections (given no unexpected costs) I could live on rent with my savings for ~6 years, with my parents and only paying for meals that goes up to ~60 years...
But will they let me stay that long? Idk honestly. Culture says it's okay for kids to stay in their parents houses, but it also dictates forced marriage and that's NOT a cost I need.
They're also Muslims, if they find out I'm not I could be kicked out, disowned, or worse...

Another option is to continue working back home, it's not bad work and I get paid well. Only two issues; time, and the work it's very stressful on my hands (M+KB) to the point that I can't draw/write some days after I'm done.

>> No.4658124
File: 29 KB, 1095x467, time and money.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4658115
For now, I've got time to think about what I want to do.
I've started an "Accountability System" for myself; extremely basic, just a stopwatch and a spreadsheet. I start it when I draw and I stop when I stop, any time I forget to record is lost. At the end of the day I punch in my time.
It's quite motivating, and I can feel it can help me be accountable for my progress (or lack thereof)

>> No.4658390

>>4657647
i swear to god that is what happened and i implore you to test it yourself

>> No.4658417
File: 46 KB, 675x680, 145675475368658.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>guy is getting called out on twitter for saying nigger too many times in discord servers
>skip forward 6 months
>sits on the exact same followers number, no more, no less, occasionally +-5
Is cancelling real?

>> No.4658424

>>4658390
post the photo here I can’t seem to find it

>> No.4658522

Why is it so fucking hard for companies to do proper QA on their digital art products? Why is it so fucking common for people to receive unresponsive styluses or cables that will be shot within a month or something that bricks itself if you sneeze near it?

>> No.4658531

>>4653163
How much water did you drink?

>> No.4658534

>>4652899
Nah I'm not okay
>>4652965
Iktf bro

>> No.4658555

>>4657226
You're retarded

>> No.4658556
File: 9 KB, 512x288, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4652899
My coomer 'for studies' folder keeps growing but I haven't drawn shit from there in two weeks

>> No.4658606

aaaaaah I can copy well and draw from reference but can't construct shit!

>> No.4658610

>>4657875
internet popularity is grifterism.. few know this

you just have to get lucky so that the algorithm selects you. of course quality art helps, but it's all a roll of the dice in the end if you don't run a dedicated shilling campaign.

>> No.4658619

I'm trying to get my patreon started so that I'm not an eternal slave of back to back commissions one day. Do you guys think one completed work is too slow? Think I should try to pander to fetishes or just do what I really like to draw?

>> No.4658623
File: 99 KB, 746x512, 1506257008140.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4657462
It's there anon. It's there

>> No.4658640

>fuck around drawing & painting for 10 years leading me nowhere.
>have a part-time job taking care of the elderly, can be mentally exhausting some time.
>work on a personal fantasy comic project, with an extensive world
>been at it for 4 years, shit's huge
>CORONA
>taking care of 3 elders 24/7 at home, 2 of which are senile
>live the hardest 3 months of my life, barely have any sleep
>fast-forward to now, things got back to normal, back to only one elder at home (an adorable and kind 94yo lady)
>however don't have any motivations to create/write/draw anything
>getting depressed
>couple of days ago, bored & surfing around the web
>see a request/draw thread
>think "what the hell" & draw a lewdly suggestive thing
>had the most positive responses to anything I've ever done/presented
>now contemplating the prospect of becoming a coomartist and do lewd commissions
I'm feeling lots of things right now, both okay and not.

>> No.4658655
File: 791 KB, 1520x1148, doorofperception.com-moebius-the_world_of_edena-jean_giraud-29.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4658640
You are following a false god anon, do you want to be a slave of the coomers?

>> No.4658657
File: 362 KB, 1890x1063, swordswoman.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>got a job drawing for a living
>>awww yisss
>>no energy or desire to draw on my own time now
I fear my personal style will regress...

>> No.4658664

>>4658606
I feel your pain anon

>> No.4658694

>>4658640
Don't fall for the porn meme.
Only men who are the worst of the worst and can't get a normal life no matter how hard they try and women with mental issues fall for that.
But, it's easy and underage kids, porn addicts and trannies will flock to you.

>> No.4658712
File: 110 KB, 799x616, 3980A6AF-1CFE-480C-B034-B5D9917B85EF.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4658655
>>4658694
What if you legitimately enjoy coomer content and wanna continue making it?

>> No.4658717

>>4658606
Post your copy from reference.

>> No.4658737

>>4658694
>Only men who are the worst of the worst and can't get a normal life no matter how hard they try and women with mental issues fall for that.
>describing this entire board & the majority of artists
I feel attacked

>> No.4658745

>>4658555
Trips of truth

>> No.4658908

>>4658712
Big IF there, Anon.
Only few are really suited for those things.
It's going to kill you inside.
>>4658737
Get over yourself. We're all fuckups.
Some anons more than others.

>> No.4659004
File: 73 KB, 413x395, 1584757099972.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i feel like i'm ngmi

>> No.4659028

>>4652899
im alright actually, im just kind of frustrated by the lack of public knowledge on how to market yourself, i always saw right through the artist that "likes to help out other artists" but damn, everyones a penny pincher when it comes to the real deal, and who can blame them.

>> No.4659159

I have things I want to draw but not the skillz yet ;_;

>> No.4659205
File: 722 KB, 1024x768, image.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

When do I get to draw Rinko Akiyama I already studied the construction of loomis but I can't apply it

>> No.4659419

>>4652899
It feels like the rest of you guys are capable of doing things effortlessly which I cannot do no matter how much effort I put in. I have ADHD and it always feels like I'm a mental fog, and that I'm never truly "present". And this manifests in all activities I do. When I'm drawing, I'm barely capable of retaining focus on the page and what I'm drawing on it, and trying to keep in mind the concept being drawn alongside the proportion, anatomy, perspective, lighting, line quality and my hand movements all at once is next-to-impossible. Yet for you guys it seems quite natural to do all of this.

It's sad because art was almost the only thing I was good at as a child, and now my ADHD has taken that from me too. I imagine I'll eventually commit suicide after realizing for certain that my stupid deficient brain won't allow me to do anything in life correctly or enjoyably. Even now, I've lost most of the hope I once had in life.

>> No.4659502

>>4657718
Friend A wants to bone you

>> No.4659627

>>4652899
i want to fucking die there's nothing to do. Like nothing else is bringing me joy or anything. I just want to fucking die. Drawing makes me fucking mad. I WANNA FUCKING DIE FUCKING FUCK LIFE FUCKING HELL I WANT TO FUCKING DIE SO BADLY SOMEONE END MY EXISTENCE.

>welp time to go draw

>> No.4659655

>>4659419
All that shit got better for me when I went to the doctor and got meds for my ADHD. If you haven't gone or your meds aren't working I highly suggest you go get that checked out.

>> No.4660276
File: 104 KB, 1000x1430, 3af0f43271c2c3a8bdde111f389eac610d8160d5334f37a12beb7918856c1d5a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Massive, crippling anxiety
>Take Melatonin to sleep
>Months pass
>Doesn't work anymore
I just want to sleep, frens

>> No.4660282

>>4659655
Which meds do you use? I've tried them in the past and didn't feel helped beyond a marginal degree. I am about to start Concerta again, though.

>> No.4660444

yo what the fuck I could post on 4chan from work on my machine this WHOLE TIME???? I swear to God it was obviously blocked for the entire 2 years I was here. Is the IT bro secretly based for me or what???

>> No.4660456

>>4660444
You can suck my dick about it later as thanks. ;)

>> No.4660458

>>4659627
pyw

>> No.4660461

lost all my art friends after the sites I frequented got fucked or depopulated, I finally decided to post my work on this image board just to stop myself from falling into insanity

>> No.4660472

>>4660456
uhh..."thanks" is enough

>> No.4660474
File: 322 KB, 391x347, 1584299816435.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just want to start over. I just want to be left alone to my own devices. I just want to erase everything about me online and just have a clean slate (won't be entirely clean but you know). I envy a lot of people for just being happy. I want to be happy but I can't. I'm tired of helping others but no one helps me, feels like the world revolves around everyone but me. Nothing has changed since middle school of always being that kid no one notices until you need something from them, same shit online. I don't have family, I don't consider to have family outside my grandparents and a cousin. People only notice you when you have money, when you're good at something but never when you try hard and fail. Always feels like I'm constantly judged for even the littlest things that if I'm not perfect I shouldn't bother anyone for their time. I just want to be left alone, I don't want to be alone. They say good things come to those who wait but how long do I have to wait? I don't think even my dog likes me, I mean who will? You'll probably read this and move on, that's fine, It's about time I start drawing today anyway.

>> No.4660582
File: 320 KB, 1161x389, 5 threads.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What the fuck is going one with the board right now, 5 threads!??

>> No.4660585

>>4660582
Why is it always 5? This happened on the day of 5 /beg/s too

>> No.4660607

>>4660461
Same, the promise of social media fame changed a lot of peoples priorities. Just talking privately with your art friends isn't good enough any more, todays art communities are all about impressing "the group", building a fanbase, presenting yourself. Art friends are a privilege of the top people in the server, and they get swarmed by /begs/ who want their attention.

>> No.4660653
File: 8 KB, 276x183, 1589083918516.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4660474
Most people are not main character material, no matter how hard they might try.
You've grown apathetic due to the emotional neglect you've suffered.
You've grown tired of people being uncaring of everything but themselves.
You've grown tired of the system that is in place.
You think that by doing nothing, you can do nothing wrong and you'll be rewarded for that.

No one is going to knock at the door or slide you a dm somewhere, wanting to be your friend, and Anon, let's be real, people have become really insufferable cunts.
I'd be your friend but i've had enough experiences with internet/4chan friends.
I'd rather go insane alone.
You should give up, too. Caring will only make it worse.

>> No.4660667

>>4660582
The shitpost bot had a bug, don't worry it'll be fixed soon.

>> No.4660733

>>4654133
my ex gf said this to me when I informed her that I got an exhibiton in a little cafe in my city: stop pretending to be an artist.

that shit hurt. but I went on, had an exhibition, sold 2 pictures for 50 euros each and am still drawing to this day. and I am getting better. And they can all suck my dick, naysayers and nonbelievers. they do not matter anon.

create for the sake of it, do what you enjoy. just bee yourself
stop pretending to be an artist

>> No.4660737

>>4660733
sorry for the last line, I messed my post up. anyways, just draw lmao

>> No.4660756

>>4660461
Post your work.

>> No.4660760
File: 43 KB, 334x500, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4660276

>> No.4660835

I want to get good at drawing chibis since they're cute and seem to have a lot of mass appeal but holy fuck I can't into anything small and cute

>> No.4660893

>>4660582
Discord tranny raid

>> No.4660925

Construction is hard bros I don't know if I'll ever get it right

>> No.4660959
File: 132 KB, 357x597, 1557719974866.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4660653
I know no one is gonna shoot a dm or whatever and that's fine, like you said, having enough experiences online will make you rather go insane alone and I feel like that right now is what I'd rather do. I don't want to be someone who gives up on people since I know there are some genuinely good people out there but I feel that all the crazies and bad apples are just attracted to me (easy target). Hell, even right now I don't feel like I'm my real self which is why I want to erase everything and just indulge in what I like alone without someone trying to skew my way of thinking to better fit theirs. This is my first time venting in one of these threads so it sorta feels good to say it somewhere, sorry for the (you).

>> No.4661056
File: 946 KB, 3264x2448, black and white beast.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4655318
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYNCd_PuVG4
Are you afraid of success or failure?

>> No.4661061
File: 947 KB, 2448x3264, Botched.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4655567
Heres some of my most recent practice.

>> No.4661127

Honestly? I feel like my artwork barely improved all in all of these years, I've been kind of a lazy procastinating coomer for a long time and that is kind of what caused me the slow improvement.
I was fine but looking at the progress of others in art made me pretty stressed knowing I'm basically still somewhat /beg/, although this stress doesn't let me rest I keep coming back to drawing all the time more than once a day to make myself feel better again, Is this a constructive way to handle it? I keep wanting to practice more and more because I feel awful at my current skill and want to stop being a /beg/ asap.

>> No.4661154
File: 10 KB, 249x367, 14654564573658.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>his original character is a demon girl
Talking about originality...

>> No.4661220

I JUST WANT TO GET POPULAR ENOUGH TO DO A COMMISION FOR SOMEONE. I JUST WANT TO MAKE A SINGLE PERSON HAPPY WITH MY ART AHHHHHHHHH

>> No.4661340

>>4652899
I just want to draw cute animu girls, but none of the faces I draw are appealing and no matter how much anatomy I study it feels like I can't draw a good body.

At this point, I'm just making a big folder of with pictures from artists I like, and I'm just going to compare my shit side by side to their's and hopefully diagnose what the fuck I am doing wrong.

>> No.4661436

>>4660959
But, ultimately, are you a good person?
i've experienced it personally countless times;
Anons wanting to be surrounded by good people but they themselves, have a really bad personality.
What you want to do is to work on yourself.
Delete everything, take time to be alone for introspection and then decide what you want to do.
I've had the same issues when i was younger, so maybe i shouldn't be too wrong about this.

>> No.4661443
File: 78 KB, 951x960, 1591329135238.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I might have made a deadline earlier this year that if I haven't made it before the summer of next year I will just end myself.

It's not looking too good right now if I'm being honest.

>> No.4661552

>>4660925
do you have a solid understanding of perspective and proportion? if so, just keep refining and improving on your process. it's a complex subject matter, so it takes a while for the different concepts to click into place.

>> No.4661557

>>4661443
there's no need to go that far, you can learn to accept both victory and defeat with grace. give up on your pride.

>> No.4661574

>>4657346
GEE THANKS FOR THE BRILLIANT INSIGHT YOU FUCKING MORON

>> No.4661705

My neck and back (entire spine, really) hurt and it's giving me a hard time drawing

>> No.4661742
File: 720 KB, 918x717, 1592006844815.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Has Patreon's anime puritanism demanding hijabs for all anime calmed down?
Did artists move to different platforms (OnlyFans, SubscribeStar)?
It was kind of a big deal a few months back.

>> No.4661748

>>4661436
>But, ultimately, are you a good person?
I like to believe I am but I know I'm most likely not. The reason I want to delete everything is because I feel suffocated and my intuition is telling me I would feel liberated in a way of if I did.

>> No.4661751

>>4661705
Book stands have become a life saver for my posture. I used to hunch over my desk or curl up in my lap with my sketchbook on my knees but when I prop things up on book stands it helps me force myself to assume a more upright position even if it feels really weird at first. Maybe visit a chiropractor too.

>> No.4661756

i'm so bad and also so lazy. maybe i'm too old to get really skilled at anything

>> No.4661778
File: 27 KB, 400x400, 57gsakjg32i21.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>can't draw more than 2 hours without wrist acting up.
Why am I so weak?

>> No.4661781

>>4660458
Let's be honest man. I'm not gonna post my work because it's beg tier shit as usual. Plus i've given up on drawing and creating stuff altogether my passion for it is lost. All i wanna do is kms now.
>welp time to search for suicide methods now.

>> No.4661843

>>4660474

hang in there. live to fight another day

>> No.4661859

>>4661778
Visit >>>/fit/

>> No.4661866

>>4661859
I do browse fit, but all they do is hate on fatties all day

>> No.4661879

>>4652899
"digital art" is completely disposable, i'm convinced pure fans of "digital art" don't even exist, everyone is just vying for the same few spots in the creative industry. There's nothing to artstation wankery the "appreciation" is the same inside circle jerk cope.

>> No.4662048

every time i post art it kills the thread and nobody responds, how can i be that fuckin bad

>> No.4662052

>>4662048
someone once explained it pretty good that when your art is not bad and not extremely good it wont get replies here most of the time

>> No.4662068

>>4662052
that's fair, most of the people getting advice are worse than me and getting praise are far better

>> No.4662072
File: 133 KB, 1200x1165, Rest+in+cia+n_07d51e_7316495.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

discord gg/Ctxb5H <-- /vent/ official Discord server

>> No.4662290

>write no rp in the bio
>people no longer message me "Hi :*" every time I finish something
So it was that easy huh

>> No.4662335
File: 105 KB, 1128x1002, tell me about it.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4652899
>4 am in the morning
>drawing a piece.
>lift pen to while stretching
>start drawing
>nib is gone.
>search for nib in carpet
>It's literally just gone

It's like the world doesn't even want me to draw

>> No.4662423

>>4662335
Anon i'm so sorry.

>> No.4662433

>>4662072
>ywn be hired by the CIA to produce memes

>> No.4662446

>>4652899
>i draw for hours
>and i do like what i draw, even if it's not perfect
at this point i feel like i have two things that always happen
>i dont share it with anyone because im afraid of what theyll think
or
>i do share it and immediately regret it
eeeugh.
>repeat process for the past 4 godforsaken months

>> No.4663220
File: 13 KB, 320x360, 16473001_1648668595430108_708662796816717654_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I need this to get it out of my head, im sorry for the long greentext. (And the writing mistakes)
>Have art friend
>Talk to him for a while
>know that he lives in a shitty country and his family are toxic pieces of shit
>he has the dream to make a comic and escape out of his country
>slowly start to see him in a downward spiral with breakdowns
>try to help him
>Give him art tips and other important notes on art, story
>everything goes well for a while
>he makes a patreon and help him with a bit of money, so he can buy better art setup and other stuff.
>sometimes make jokes with him
>one day he drops his spaghetti
>Already had an relationship with someone else, but didn't like to talk about it
>The cycle of breakdowns keeps going
>one day actually tell that i was already dating someone
>friend doesn't take it well at first, but then accepts it
>after a while, out of nowhere he tells me that he doesn't want to talk to me for a while
>"That's ok...? Take your time, no worries"
>Months has passed
>Still silent, probably blocked me
>Got news from a friend that he nuked his page and friends only server, again.
I'm gonna be honest, I don't even know how things will go if he still goes by this, he didn't even posted his art a lot, I do worry about him. But this is just shit.
Should I try to talk to him again?

>> No.4663309
File: 20 KB, 300x562, 1589785981389.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4663220
And this is why you don't deal with the gays.

>> No.4663442

I'm enjoying my former friend's lack of success. Cut them off after years of listening to them whine about no one caring about their art, when they barely ever posted any, and haven't missed talking to them the tiniest bit since then.
Some art friends just aren't worth it

>> No.4663448

>>4663220
who cares he sounds like a right downer lmao

>> No.4663472
File: 89 KB, 498x416, 1578454438363.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4663442
Everybody deserves a second chance.

>> No.4663498

I was going to post this in another thread but it's too lengthy and I'm projecting way too much so I'm going to dump it here

>>4663032

A question for you, OP. Are you particularly good at the game you're playing or are you mediocre? When I mean good I mean are you up there on the leader boards, do people go to YOU for advice on the game, are you the one giving out player tips and stats on youtube?

If you're not THAT guy, then all you're doing is wasting your time. There are 3 levels this; the player that sucks really bad, the player that plays for fun but longs to be pro, and then the professionally player who takes their time to learn the mechanics of the game they play hours on end. If you're just the guy who is in the middle who is okay with being hard stuck in competitive then you're wasting away your life.

Think of an easy example to this. Think back in those MMORPGs where the top players were always relied on for killing the greifer. Of course you have a max level main yourself but you're not much use to those getting killed. You're constantly begging for the fully geared and skilled players to come save the day. Those geared players could be you, but you're not them. Instead you wish to be them but don't put in the time. You're contempt with killing people who can be on your league who don't grind or lower level greifers. After a while this becomes boring and you look for excuses why you're not enjoying the game. You even look for "friends" in the game when what you really want is to be Pro at the game like those pro players you're always asking for help. Wouldn't it be fun to hang out with the group of pros who everyone else looks up to and talks about in trade/general chat? 1/2

>> No.4663508

>>4663498
2/2

Yes of course it would be fun to hang out with the pros. Why continue to keep joining guilds with groups of people who don't take the game seriously (much like art)? Why continue to befriend people who share videos on how to play the game, how to avoid stepping into the fire, how to get XYZ gear when you could be the one in the video that "friend" of yours is talking about? Much less, 6 months from now that friend doesn't log back in again while the pro you guys were talking about is still at it and still being admired by thousands.

Aren't you tired of just being in the middle? Go turn pro by deciding to put down the games now.

>> No.4663514

>>4661056
>disgustingly dusty pen
>sparkly clean gamepad

>> No.4663524

>>4663508
3/3 extra

Or think back to the times where YOU were the one griefing and killing others in MMOs. You did it because they could not fight back. But then a fully geared, decked out pro comes along and hands your ass in the grave.

Wouldn't it be nice to kill people in the game AND kill the person who brings their main and thinks they can beat you? You'd feel even better not having to run away when someone better than you comes along. Well it's the same for art; if someone tells you to PYW you can PYW and nobody here can challenge you if you're too damn good.

Or, you can be like the you from before and mock people from the hidden shadow of anonymity without posting work. But what happens when someone else posts their work and you don't? You can no longer participate in the shit talking. You've been phased out and it's time to move on to another thread. That isn't fun and makes you look weak. This is the equivalent to that.

>> No.4663572
File: 281 KB, 653x656, 134545637564.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm tired of being a slave to likes and only drawing things that receive more attention.

>> No.4663595
File: 20 KB, 246x200, 04f.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4652965
I'm not improving at all
And to think 6 months ago I thought I'll make it by now, just fucking lol

>> No.4663635
File: 10 KB, 217x320, 29e.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4652899
Guys I need a day job that pays decently while I practice and get gud. I'm contacting right now but that is up soon and they won't renew because of ronies. What's a solid day job that pays like 45,000 annual that leaves my asshole intact?

>> No.4663641

>>4663472
this already was their second chance, anon. They stopped talking to me for half a year because of depression and only got talking again because I reached out to them, because I was worried.

>> No.4663655
File: 37 KB, 600x600, 1590890635920.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4663498
>>4663508
>>4663524
>joining guilds
>having "friends" that are not friends but stepping stones
>haha dont u wan b numba uan?
>takes pyw seriously
just draw and have fun, you fucking sociopath

>> No.4663658

>>4659655
Nice dubs,

I really wanna get treated for ADHD and ADD but I don't wanna come across as drug seeking.

>> No.4663734

I can't bring myself to post my art here anymore. It's a mix of disappointment in my own quality, the subject matter of the board, being ignored, and other things. I don't want attention but being completely isolated for years and a recent interaction with a person I looked up to have disintegrated what little self-esteem I had left. I have resigned that my art is just ugly in a way that skill can't save and I have this deep shame about it. I felt much more miserable posting it publicly on social media, and this was the only place where I was still comfortable. I don't feel comfortable anymore.
So I just draw and draw and I do nothing with the drawings. I trash most of them. I'm beyond depressed from keeping everything I am bottled in for several years, I have no more enthusiasm toward my own art and I'm completely disillusioned about it, it's not even art anymore but just vomiting all I've got.
I keep going because it's the only thing I want to do in life but the pain is unbearable.
cba to post a sad face

>> No.4663745
File: 142 KB, 960x1280, IMG_20200618_200947.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>need a platform, don't like deviantart
>tried to make a twitter account on a friend's suggestion
>make a few art posts
>huh this website's pretty alright
>locks me out on my 6th post
>it asks me for my goddamn phone number
>can't login anymore unless i submit to the shakedown
what the fuck? how does snowden use this shit?

>> No.4664088

I can't draw straight fucking lines I don't know how every time I try to guide with my elbow I somehow completely fuck up my line what the fuck FUCK FUCK

>> No.4664109

>>4659419
I had the same problem, start journaling, taking notes and writing about your issues, trust me it will help a fuck ton.

>> No.4664267
File: 65 KB, 500x382, 1522796219001.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4663734

>> No.4664294

>>4664088
hold shift

(ok no, but try drawing straight lines from the sholder, elbow isnt very precise)

>> No.4664303

If I'm working all the time when will I have time to draw...

>> No.4664334

I can't stop drinking Diet coke. I'm going to get kidney stones

>> No.4664344

>>4664334
that's all I'm drinking too
trying to force my self to drink water but it barely happens

>> No.4664350
File: 2.25 MB, 3024x4032, IMG_20200521_145759.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4664334
>>4664344
Um we why? Joe Rogan Stan's?

>> No.4664695
File: 65 KB, 613x1000, 19th june 2020.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have no idea how to get better or the next level. I mainly copy artists I like and occassionally go back to books like Loomis and try to incorperate a lesson into my copies until it becomes natural.

>> No.4664722

>>4664303
You make time.

>> No.4664730

>>4664695
I'd work on proportion if I were you. I know you probably stylized the proportions, but its just too much. Study other artists for appealing proportions, or go back to the 8 head rule. Head needs to be bigger and hips narrower.

Also, for now, work on quick-sketch. do a bunch of five minute poses, maybe for 2 hours every day. That's 24 drawings a day. You've clearly refined your techniques for lineart and rendering, but you still need to practice laying in figures quickly and accurately. Draw tons and tons of poses, twisting and turning, doing every possible thing. Practice gaining control over form, both shape and proportion, and depth in space. What I'm saying is that all the mistakes you're making right now come from the first few minutes of the drawing.

>> No.4664741

>Lived a cushy existence where I worked a stable office job and just did art as a hobby
>Just god laid off
>Brain immediately wants to make art into a career

I thought I grew out of this stage. Creativity is a plague.

>> No.4664749
File: 531 KB, 560x421, 1590740331513.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4664741
Join us anon. Become an artist! You know you want it

>> No.4664751

>>4664695
one thing you might consider is drawing lots of simpler figures from life. for instance, her clavicles are enormous in your picture, and connect smoothly it would seem to the deltoid muscle. if you see and draw a lot of different clavicles from life though, a lot of these mistakes in proportion will solve themselves over time.

>> No.4664791
File: 419 KB, 586x701, IMG.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4664749
I can't, anon! We're from two different worlds. (I made you this doodle, though. Thanks for the encouragement.)

>> No.4664876

I don't know how to learn anatomy.

>> No.4664892

>>4664876
It's so hard. It's like trying to pick up sand with a fork. But you'll get it eventually

>> No.4665202

>>4664730
>>4664751
Thanks for the advice. I'll do a lot more figure drawing poses, I need the practice. Honestly these mistakes are so obvious a day later.

>> No.4665290
File: 105 KB, 460x450, cover1~2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4652899
Fuck man, I miss my friend. I think their boyfriend broke up with them and now won't talk to me because of it. They always do this shit when a boyfriend breaks up with them, I'm fucking tired of them always getting depressed for those bastards, it's really not worth it.
I just want to talk to them and show them my art, I loved talking about my sick porn ideas with them, and making real theirs, even though my art is shit, but they loved it and that was enough for me. We had so much fun, and they're the only person I can talk about my dumbass drawings and have the same kind of humor as me. I can talk to another friend about nsfw art, but she's really immature about it.
I don't want to be pushy, I don't want to make them feel suffocated because they probably have already enough shit going on in their life. But this year started with us having conversations for hours, even if we have been friends for 5 years, there's still so much we can talk about. And now that we have a lot more time to talk, I haven't hear from them. I regret that our last conversation was a fight, when all I really want to tell them is that I love them. I have felt so uninspired without our conversations and hearing their ideas.
I just miss you overall, sorry I can't help you. Quarantine has been shit without them. I want my sibling back.
This made me notice I love making art for my friends, more than for followers. The only thing that keeps me going is improving so I can make real their more complicated porn ideas.

>> No.4665419
File: 11 KB, 480x447, 1455678568548.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just want people to like me for my art, not for the characters that I draw.

>> No.4665424

>>4665419
Never going to happen

>> No.4665735

>>4661866
hating fatties gives +2 gains(more)

>> No.4665757

>>4664791
its beautiful

>> No.4665814

>>4664892
How am I supposed to start learning it?

>> No.4665877
File: 68 KB, 430x677, WRISTEX_2.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4661778

>> No.4665910

I got an email from my landlord saying there were gunshots at a specific time fired into the window. I could have been out there minding my own business listening to some songs while on my walk and some jerkoff blows my head off because at the time of the shooting is my normal walk time however I decided to walk in the mornings this week.

It's another divine intervention at work here.

>> No.4665918

>>4665814
I recommend the Morpho anatomy series. Just start copying the drawings and then drawing the parts you just studied from memory. Then go do figure drawing

>> No.4665921

The evil thoughts are still nagging me at the back of my mind. No it doesnt matter that I started at 25 when others are going to be way better at 18 then I'll be when I hit 30. No it's not a waste of time to draw what makes me happy, study time is for studies, fun time is for fun. This isn't a job it's a hobby, doing other stuff isn't wasting time.
Does this shit ever stop?

>> No.4665991

>>4665910
if that didn't happen here'd be no such thing as coincidences

>> No.4666183
File: 48 KB, 640x480, product_17126917_o_10.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does anyone get "urges" to do something completely unrelated to drawing?
I've always wanted to make/paint GKs, but between work, uni, and drawing there isn't enough time in the day...

A few months ago I went on a odd trip, ended up spending a whole week building/painting a model, it looked great but somehow I wasn't happy w/ it.

>> No.4666205

>>4663745

Just give them the number of your burner cellphone, man. Its what I did, and I was back to posting in 5min.

>> No.4666273
File: 99 KB, 640x853, 1581130054772.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Draw
>Improve
>"Yes! I'm finally decent enough! I still have plenty of room to improve, but where I am now is good!"
>Months later
>"Holy shit, I was awful back then! At least I'm finally good now!"
>Months later
>Months later
>Months later
>Months later
>Months later
>Months later
>Months later

please...just let the ride end

>> No.4666286

>>4666273
You're lucky man. I've hit a plateau and haven't improved in 6 months. I'm at the end of the line. I don't know how to break this barrier. Drawing every day isn't enough I guess.

>> No.4666289

>>4664267
thanks anon, it means a lot to me

>> No.4666294
File: 314 KB, 1587x1978, 1580955780533.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4666286
There is literally only ONE drawing of mine older than a year or so that I don't outright despise. And I'm even just talking about being technically solid; I hate them all stylistically too. It feels like I'll never be consistently happy with anything, and my taste is just autistically boucing around.

>> No.4666599
File: 46 KB, 319x319, 1584141270774.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The loneliness is killing me

>> No.4666626

>>4665419
Anon, nobody cares about your art. They only care about fanart and the flavor of the month. You think people give a shit about your skill and the effort you put into your craft?

You're just another fish in the ocean no matter how many likes or retweets your art gets.

>> No.4666707

>>4652899
Just found out another disappointing cancellation among an already bleak future. FUCK CORONA AND FUCK CHINKS.

>> No.4666722

No ;(
I can't fucking concentrate or commit to anything ever, all I do is float around internet tabs and bludge my way through classes

>> No.4666906

I have no ideas of what to draw anymore. I like drawing, I know what characters I want to draw, but I just can't visualize poses or scenes anymore. When I try to brainstorm, all that comes to mind is fetish art and an inferiority complex. I just want someone to tell me what to draw, but there's no way I'll ever be popular enough to get requests, and I'm too afraid to ask someone and tell them no if I don't like their ideas.

>> No.4667030

>>4666273
You know, if you can look back at your work every few months and think that it was that awful implying you're better now, maybe things are not that bad after all

>> No.4667058
File: 27 KB, 740x370, shot.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

perspective makes me want to be dead,

it's like i'm hard wired to not be able to draw geometry correctly even with rulers and shit.

back in school i always messed up margins in technical drawing class because some measurement was wrong every single time. i'm bad with measurements it seems and since everything about perspective has to do with measurements it's just a constant miserable experience and i want to die.

every time i try to draw perspective and i have a doubt the answer is always something extremely technical that would require me to have a drawing space that is way bigger than what i have to work with so i give up.

anyway that's basically that.

>> No.4667060

>>4667058
Me as well

>> No.4667063

>>4666599
C-come over anon

>> No.4667726
File: 172 KB, 1723x845, 123123542366.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

*Ahem* FUCK SOCIAL MEDIA AND FUCK COOMERS

>> No.4667854

I took a class a while back with a bunch of younger adults fresh out of high school and at the time I always wondered why they were drawing with pencils to the way they were holding their pencil. their drawing (most of them) came out inferior to mine in construction but they were so much cleaner and crisper than my drawings. I would push too dark on my drawing and didnt have steady control and I guess that just comes from drawing digitally mostly and never caring about how I use my pencil. I actually hated drawing with pencil and would prefer pen or charcoal because I could go dark instantly.

Now I'm seeing why those kids were doing it the way they were doing it and I feel like such a fool. They were properly trained and I wasn't

>> No.4667885
File: 79 KB, 750x1000, flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>wake up very tired after sleeping 5-6 hours
>spend an hour trying to get out of bed
>spend another hour getting ready to work
>spend 10 hours "working", alternating between 5 minutes of work and 10 minutes of trying to get myself back to work when having to take a break after information just stops reaching my brain
>spend 2 hours cooking, eating, shopping or cleaning
>spend the last 4 hours of my day fighting the extreme urge to sleep because can't afford to screw up my sleep schedule
>very groggy and can hardly focus on existing let alone doing something productive
>go to sleep
>repeat

>> No.4668032

WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO COPY PAST ON PROCREATE! RAAAGE

>> No.4668769

>>4652899
it feels really bad to watch people applaud as statues get torn down and realize that no one truly cares about art or artists or art history at all and they'll just as easily torch your body of work for a drop of clout.
maybe art is just a meme.

>> No.4668852
File: 117 KB, 514x623, 1568914272490.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've been hit with a severe sense of loneliness and dread combined with that I'm not going anywhere with anything but hey I will manage to get out of this somehow

>> No.4668890

I feel like I'm backsliding. I feel like I'm just getting worse and worse from the day I started. My brain is fucking broken. I'm a fucking retard. I want to kill myself.

>> No.4668941

>>4668852
I know the pain brother just keep on struggling we're gonna make it

>> No.4668945

>>4668890
>>4668941
fuck meant to reply to this post

>> No.4669428

>>4653343
if you like drawing cartoons, draw cartoons