[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 157 KB, 516x440, 1536654844252.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4601522 No.4601522 [Reply] [Original]

>Information overload (also known as infobesity,[1] infoxication,[2] information anxiety,[3] and information explosion[4]) is the difficulty in understanding an issue and effectively making decisions when one has too much information about that issue

Anyone knows this issue related to drawing? Back when I didn't have internet, I didn't have nearly as much inspirations as I do now, but still I drew and studied a lot, even though I wasn't really satisfied with the stuff I had.

Now that I have access to thousands of awesome artists, references, etc, i often find myself not even being able to decide what to draw, because there are so many options available.

That's why I think lurking too much really harms your creativity. You look at so many pictures daily, that you can't even get inspired anymore, because you see so much that you forget all of it.

>> No.4601545

If you don't abstract or partially engage with the pictures that interest you, then I can see how you can get stuck trying to process all the information. Otherwise, you're good to go on browsing whatever you want. It sounds like you are mystifying whatever pictures have inspired you. Trace or copy them, and let them milieu in your brain while you do other things.