[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 171 KB, 500x500, peepee.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4512638 No.4512638 [Reply] [Original]

How are you fellas doing? How has the state of the world impacted your work or studies?

Let's not argue about what it is or if others are right or wrong, and just reflect on how COVID19 - either the virus itself or the shutdowns and societal reactions - has influenced us.

>> No.4512644

>>4512638
Nothing changed.
I still only leave home to go to work and back.

>> No.4512646
File: 29 KB, 555x559, 1568305999336.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Honestly I'm scared shitless bros, I'm in a high-risk group and nobody around me takes it seriously and tells me I'm overreacting. I'm relatively physically healthy but I'm asthmatic, have a compromised immune system, and a mild ribcage deformity that decreases volume and causes the heart/lung system to work inefficiently.

I can't concentrate on my work as much, I'm out of work and my daily routine is completely out of whack. I'm scared that the happening meme is true, and I'm going to die because I wasn't prepared. I'm going to continue to make lackluster, mediocre art for the last couple months of my life because I never took life seriously and never practiced, and if society collapses or if I go hungry, I'll be one of the first ones swallowed by the storm.

>> No.4512660

To be honest, the forced limitation of social interaction has made me so productive. It’s funny that it took a world-wide pandemic but to be honest its literally a god-send. Anytime I hear someone complaining about the supposed ‘restrictions’ they have, I chuckle and imagine them in diapers asking for a hug. We have telephones, tv, the internet, and not live in north korea. Can you imagine having to do this 100 years ago? This shit is a cakewalk unless you’re a mental pussy.

>> No.4512663

nothing changed. I still only draw one hour a day and waste 7 horse on 4chan

>> No.4512672

I'm more scared of communism than anything else, living in one of the worst countries of the third world is quite hard, especially when you don't have a job and your degree is basically shit.

>> No.4512680

people with actual compromised immune systems are NOT part of said pussy classification, to be clear.

>>4512646
I have friends in similar situations, use a mask and extra precautions, bro. On a slightly brighter side, air quality seems to have improved in many urban areas around the world.

>> No.4512683

nothing changed, I still want to die.

>> No.4512686

>>4512646
Similar situation. I still draw a lot but I have other obligations too, which is annoying because I don’t actually know how much longer I have to live

>>4512672
Imagine being scared of the economic system that will save art from brand worship, you stupid fucking faggot

>> No.4512692
File: 64 KB, 541x742, image%3A3480.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ever heard of Xiombarg's Storyteller, from old /tg/ and recent /qst/? Been a month since she said she'd be back from surgery, and she's an old hag with crippling lung issues, so that's fucking depressing.

>> No.4512701

>>4512686
What's worse, the existence of shit movies or the possibility of being executed for making shit movies?
Although it would be good for a director who takes state resources to make a piece of shit with it to be barred from creative fields or outright killed, the government official who decides what is good or bad would have to have impeccable taste. I think I would be the man for the job.

>> No.4512708

>>4512701
Anime will be banned unless there are robots in them

>> No.4512715
File: 287 KB, 1412x820, Art-Tony-Jackman-MAIN-PHOTO.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4512686
>Communism would save art

>> No.4512718

I stopped drawing and started studying unlike before when I drew but did not study.

>> No.4512719

>>4512646
asthmatic here too

calm down my friend, whether or not you have reason to be worried doesn't change the fact that stress and anxiety has an impact on your physical health and you will benefit from doing everything you can to relax. stay isolated as much as possible, take time to do things that put you in a positive mindset, keep a supply of meds, and remember that despite your problems the odds are still massively in your favour. you're gonna be alright.

>> No.4512723

It makes the competition worse because now all of the artists who were part time have become full time ones, and while the demand for coom art has grown, so has done the offer.

>> No.4512749

I have had some fear but I'm currently alright health wise, been drawing a lot but perhaps not taking full advantage of the situation. weird thing this did to me, I quit smoking. suddenly and decisively I am now almost a week smoke free with no desire to go back and I feel sure that I was subconsciously swayed by world events to do this.

Godspeed anons. remember the media and government hype is worse than the stats but still be safe and take care of yourselves, and eachother. perhaps more scary is peoples reactions to this whole thing.

just remember this, we are human, two world wars couldn't wipe us out, the plague couldn't wipe us out, the mhugal empire couldnt wipe us out. we are strong. life will continue. victory is assured.

>> No.4512776

>>4512715
CIA funded abstract art as the standard for American art, because the soviets were making actual paintings, so yes fuckingretard pig

>> No.4512790
File: 853 KB, 553x694, Capturnkkhhkhie.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The pc with all my references is stuck in Switzerland and now I am alone with no Swiss dick to suck

Feels bad and lonely

>> No.4512801

>>4512776
sauce?

>> No.4512803
File: 266 KB, 960x1358, 1587318227771.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4512638
I've been trying to make money /biz/-style in the stonk marget and I've actually been doing okay. The amount of time it's taken from me to research and make plays in this volatile market it has been taking it's toll on me though and I haven't been able to practice as much, but I've made a future commitment to myself that after the depression finally kicks in and I'm both stuck at home AND broke, I'll be drawing a lot more.

>> No.4512805
File: 2.12 MB, 500x281, gif.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4512749
>take care of yourselves and eachother

>> No.4512816

>>4512805
You know, I've been here since 2008. Like, Habbo raids and shit. It's okay to feel a small sense of camaraderie, even with people you've never met, bro. There's always been plenty of it to go around.

>> No.4512817

Bros, we're in the (1) of the best point of time in our lives provided you or your loved ones don't get sick. Take advantage of all the time and money being given to you.

>> No.4512845
File: 98 KB, 933x970, 1586845657083.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4512816
my brother

>> No.4512917

>>4512638
I don’t have to go to school physically.
I think it made me a lot more lazy but I’m working on it.
I started to take cold showers to develop discipline.
I’m making certain things like gaming arduous and things like drawing more accessible so that I am more inclined to draw than to game.

For example, to game, I have to restart my computer, workout, draw something, reinstall steam, and finally reinstall the game. After that, I have uninstall the game again.

Eventually, I’ll just find it not worth the time.

>> No.4512921

>>4512917
Why not just use cold turkey program to create a schedule to block your steam up until a certain time of day?

>> No.4512928

>>4512921
Because I didn’t even know you could do that.
I feel like this will work though so I’ll try to stick to it.

>> No.4512982
File: 39 KB, 500x500, Head-Phase-3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I find this whole coronavirus pandemic to be liberating from the daily misery. Intellectually I can see the depth and gravity of the situation that others must feel and hope this resolves soon, especially for the kids and elderly parents, but I am unphased on my own behalf.

I have a job where I feel like I am wasting away, and I am glad that my office gets to work from home. I am able to cram and do more in less time, and instead of being at an office 9 hours a day, I finish my work in 4 hours. Then, I go do homework for my online classes and work out. I feel so free, and have a sense of control over my own schedule.

I've also turned antisocial for the past year and I've never been the same after. I wake up in the afternoon and just sit back with coffee, and then when it's night time around 8pm I drive to the office. Nobody is there thanks to the shutdown, but it's a nice office with bright lights and a wide desk. After doing my work for a couple hours, I use that space to draw. It's a really good set up for that, and I haven't been able to draw for a while. Just being alone in all that space, drawing away into the night. Being alone with my thoughts.

The pandemic will probably resolve soon, but part of me wishes that this will go on as long as possible. I don't want to go back to a normal work schedule. I don't want to have to see anyone, I like the isolation, the space, the nights alone.

>> No.4512999

>>4512638
Ww3 with China and North Korea, it is time to end them.

>> No.4513115

I'm finding it's slowly pushing me to set myself up better. After a few weeks of adjusting to lock down, I was lazy; slept for hours, masturbated for hours, played Fallout NV, repeat.

I looked back at /ic/ for the first time in awhile to look at lesser known artists. Great work, followed a few on twitter. Got inspired to make more creative work than just observational drawings for academics. After making a few creative personal pieces, I felt like I lacked "soul". I've been too afraid make something edgy or dumb and think it's good, but it's been limiting what I want to make. A lot of the things I make may look good, but it's not interesting or memorable. I was really happy to see people found crudely done but cute drawings being appreciated here.

I have meaningful goals now instead of some nebulous idea. Revisited my dream career and felt more excited to keep learning. Registered for summer courses. Learning more recipes to cook for my brother and sister.

At the moment, I'm trying to catch up to my classes that I missed after my lazy episode. Planning on using social media more for my art to be out there. I've been able to sort out people I want to be around more. More artists that I enjoy and such. Curious about other forms of art; 3D, pixel art, animation, dance, and photography. Hopefully after the semester ends, I plan on picking up languages again.

On the other hand I did see a lot of ignorance from the pandemic. Too many people not taking it seriously and a general lack of understanding. Grocery shopping in the nice stores made me realize, I want to live with the upper middle class. They're so much nicer and considerate. Less likely to say or do something reckless.

>> No.4513116
File: 87 KB, 1000x600, shining.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>devfag
>Chosen as part of a goddamn skeleton crew at my workplace because the rest are 60yo COBOL boomers, smokers, diabetics or some other bullshit. Have to come to work to make sure that the racks don't catch on fire for any stupid reason.
>College shut down but I still have projects due and I have to push commits every day to keep the teachers off my throat
Nothing changed but being alone with 4 other devs in a spooky 5 story building and not having to commute to college. It honestly makes me jelly to see those anons who get paid leave from their jobs or the studentfags who are on some kind of vacation.

>> No.4513126

>>4512816
>habbo raids
>2008

>> No.4513472

>>4512917
good on you man that's a gmi move right there

>> No.4513491

>>4512801
Not the other anon, but at the very least it was apart of the cultural cold war. Its a contentious subject now because the idea of the entire movement being built or supported for a hidden government war discredits abstract art in a few ways.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/modern-art-was-cia-weapon-1578808.html

>> No.4513502

>>4512982
dang you're making me wanna go nocturnal again, but beautiful as it is, it's not healthy anon, try and take care of yourself and not get too attached, but I understand the enjoyment

>> No.4513518

>>4513115
right on man glad to hear you turned things around, and yeah I get you I wanna be around considerate and civilized people too, though be aware those classes can often put on fronts for social reasons, but in general yeah they're nicer.

>> No.4513540

>>4512816
what is hbo riad?

>> No.4513542

>>4513491
thanks I don't know how I've never heard this before. perhaps because I'm not American

>> No.4513553

>>4513542
Not your fault, the abstract art ”community” dismisses it as a conspiracy theory, and has hidden it pretty well, try to bring it up and youll either be banned from an online community or the artists will audibly groan as if you've said something insane or stupid in the real world.

>> No.4513559

>>4512638
Quite literally nothing in my life has changed.

I still work.

I have no friends or social life so i spend all my time in doors anyway.

>> No.4513590

>>4512638
*cough*

>> No.4513618

nothing changed for me at all. i've always stayed home all day even before this outbreak and my routine has never changed either. i draw whenever i feel like it.

>> No.4513627

Haven't draw much yet but I am making a lot of plans about exactly how I will do it when I start drawing. I'm thinking of starting next month

>> No.4513637
File: 1.69 MB, 1441x875, City Square painted sml.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It's given me time to finish things I started a long time ago. That's been the biggest impact artistically speaking.

Early on, before anything had even closed, I had a few bouts of anxiety. But once we were in the thick of things I felt pretty peaceful.

I guess if I was in New York I'd be a lot more stressed out.

>> No.4514482

>>4513502
yeah i dont think this is viable long term but at long as the covid thing is going on, i'll take it. sleep deprivation is the only time i can draw these days

>> No.4514560
File: 246 KB, 1000x742, IMG_20200421_135724_393_copy_1000x742.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've been drawing about 5 hours a day since quarantine. I wouldn't mind at all but cooking and cleaning dishes is gay. I think my art is benefiting greatly from being home though. Sure there are plenty of problems but it's more ambitious than I normally am.

>> No.4514902

>>4512672
Hello fellow Argie kun, are you enjoying your asado?