[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 23 KB, 250x364, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4322505 No.4322505 [Reply] [Original]

Answer the question. Pic unrelated. I'm 29 by the way.

>> No.4322506

decide*

>> No.4322512

are you drawing with a fucking mouse

>> No.4322515

nah you'll be fine

>> No.4322516

>>4322505
Yes. I'm 27 and have started developing carpal tunnel symptoms from drawing and playing game. If I do a marathon drawing session my fingers are usually numb for the next 2-3 days. I've started forcing myself to take 30 minute breaks every few hours to help it.

>> No.4322517

Why not act like a 29 year old and slowly build up to that workload and see how it feels instead of trying to start some shonen manga training regimen?

>Can I get carpal tunnel
Yes and you can get a stroke from drawing +12 hours and die too, does it need to happen though? No, look up how to best prevent those things

>> No.4322520

It's entirely possible if you ignore your body. Unlikely though, as long as you take the proper precautions and stretch often, take breaks, get up and walk around, exercise, eat properly, and maintain good posture.

>> No.4322521

>>4322505
Stretch your fucking hands your animal.

Also don't draw for 12 hours straight, that's just bad. Anime lied to you, you can't power through torn tendoms with the power of friendship.

>> No.4322523

>>4322517
>>4322516
The thing is, I have been developing carpal-like symptoms since 3 years ago from my normie job as a coder, but I REALLY wanna learn to draw and make my own stuff. But, since I've been taking Gabapentin for my Horton's disease, the carpal pain has gone too but I know it will come back as soon as I quit gabapentin.

>> No.4322532

Draw with your arm instead of your wrist. Looks better too

>> No.4322535

>>4322523
You just mentioned more than one thing that you'd do well to consult a doctor about rather than ask this place. Just sit down and draw a couple hours every day and see how it feels. Do wrist stretches, search youtube. Again, take it easy if you're a beginner. And use a light touch with your pen. If I press hard all day my hand hurts real bad very quick but if I take it easy I can almost sit for 16 h straight just drawing with 0 pain.

Start drawing at your pace and have fun. If you play too much guitar as a noob your finger skin will blister, break & bleed and if you run too far as a noob you might faint or die from a heart attack. This principle applies to a lot of things, take things at a responsible pace even if you're super inspired now.

>> No.4322544
File: 113 KB, 960x720, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4322535
Thank you for your kindness anon-kun
Can you really draw 16 hours a day? Wow, any advice beyond the one you already shared? I am trying to do the "draw with arm" thing, this for example is something I did in 1 shot with a pen on a sheet glued to the wall

>> No.4322757

>>4322544
He is right that you need to consult with a medic. Someone who works with physical therapy will be especially useful. There are pretty simple stretches and other exercises that you should do to make your arms draw for longer periods of time with no ill effects.

>> No.4323123

>>4322516
i've been gaming since a kid and a lot of apm intensive stuff like starcraft, never had issues

keep your arm on the table, and either do movements with your elbow or shoulder and you'll never have issues

>> No.4323131

>>4322505
I get odd feelings in my left keyboard hand, my pen hand is just fine and that is after finishing a school and uni with a paper notebook and having written a plenty.

Don't death grip the stylus, i was having awful pains for the first time when i was gripping and pressing way too hard.
I guess it feels natural to press since the tablet is very slippery