[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 73 KB, 1280x720, afs.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4287402 No.4287402 [Reply] [Original]

Could anyone point me to a resource, or should I just get comfortable with a ruler and calculator?

Any input would be appreciated

>> No.4287483

>>4287402
Eye and your fingers.

>> No.4287486

>>4287402
>measure fraction once
>remember fraction
>try it from memory
>repeat a bunch of times
You probably don't even need to measure much, it's just a feeling when you do it a bunch of times.

>> No.4287489

You just fucking draw and learn by doing. If you’re autistic, you can practice by eyeballing it, then boxing it off in perspective and finding the center as any perspective book will teach you.

>> No.4288105

>>4287402
When I used pen and paper I would keep paper scraps I would use to mark proportions. I’d divide a scrap in half for 1/2 and again for 1/4 etc. You don’t need to use calculators lol wtf. You can also use string in place of paper scraps. It sound silly but when an art instructor saw me using this in class she was intrigued enough to recommend it to other beginner students because it helps them develop their sense of proportion faster. Over time you will cease to need this, your sense of proportion will be much better and you’ll be able to eyeball things.

>> No.4288107

>>4287402
Keep the page in a consistent angle (important) and you'll be able to train to eyeball it. Also, in all my works I always did 1/2 and 1/3 divisions. I did more but as a beg. After a while your eye just can tell.

>> No.4288109

Thanks a lot lads, that answers my question

lol i said calculator because "right this line is 11 inches, I need to divide that into 1/5's. 11/5 is blahblahblah". now i see how dumb that sounds. thanks again