[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 128 KB, 1642x1138, 1562987686610.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4022473 No.4022473 [Reply] [Original]

Is this real or a meme? If its a meme pray tell what times to post to gain traction.

>> No.4022485

>>4022473
my audience is mostly japan, europe and NA so it doesnt really matter lol

>> No.4022503

>>4022473
live in europe and my followers are 90% US. i just post whenever and self retweet later.

>> No.4022517

>>4022473
it's completely dependent on your audiences location, instagram has tools that tell you the best time to post based on your own followers. there isn't one all encompassing chart to follow, so yea it's a meme

>> No.4022534

Posting this shit again?
Last time I'm going to teach you spergs this lesson. It's all about the algorithm. The times you post do not matter nearly as much as interaction rates. Your visibility to other users is directly effected by your likes,comments and post frequency.

1) post every day, twice. Even it means recycling content or posting shit sketches, just do it. If I'm out of fresh things to post, I just do a detail close up of something i posted recently or pick a very old post and reuse it. The quality does not matter, this is about quantity. You can focus on quality and clean your page up later once you have a good fanbase.

2) as soon as you post, stay tuned to it. Reply as fast as possible and to every single comment even emojis or generic shit. Try to make your comments at least a sentence and avoid single words. Add a bunch of random emojis, normies love that shit. Hashtag the shit out of your posts. Most users going through hashtags won't follow you long term but that isn't the goal. You must get at least a 10%-20% rate of likes to follow if you want the algorithm to benefit you. If you do, it will push your post to the top of your follow feed. if you are lucky or plan well enough you can get to the explore page.
3)like literally everything you see. Follow everyone. Comment on everything. It's all about visibility. The quality of your followers is not important right now, just the quantity.

4) once you have a good base, slowly remove your least liked posts and begin transitioning to high quality content. Your numbers will continue to grow. You can usually chill on commenting/liking/following at this point but it may cause a short flat or dip in growth. Try not to worry about that. Post at least once a day still

5) once you have a decent base, and you have transitioned to a quality poster, begin targeting industry and high skill accounts. Use your follower gains to buddy up with popular artists. Do dtiys challenges. Draw free high quality art. [1/2]

>> No.4022538

>>4022473
posting your trash with the perfect timing wont change you anything now go back to loomis

>> No.4022552

Cont. [2/2]

5) do anything you have to to kiss ass. The artists with extremely high 200k+ followers counts are your life line. Seek out and target the lowish skill anime ones, they typically are extremely happy with gift art and may shill you. The goal is to have your art posted to their accounts or stories for visibility. Maybe throw a little sad story on your posts for some extra flair if you want.

6) once you've got some networking done, and your following is growing, churn out some fanart on a regular basis if you want that extra boost(optional) I find 1 or 2 waifs a month is enough to keep my followers happy.

I forgot to mention, but having paragraphs in your post description instead of just a sentence or nothing is very important. Just say something gay about your process, ask a question about something related and throw a bunch of emojis in.

I think I covered everything ask for clarification if u need it

>> No.4022558

>>4022473
pyw

>> No.4022563

>>4022534
>>4022552
This is a load of shit to remember. I'm not sure i will able to do all of that.
Speaking of which, this made me think. Why do we care about gaining followers exactly? Self validation?

>> No.4022568

>>4022552
post your follower count

>> No.4022586

>>4022563
Marketability mostly. Mob mentality is very real and potential clients have subconscious bias towards high followers. In their head followers = quality even if that is not true and a high follower count means you can inflate the shirt out of your prices. A headshot objectively worth $20 could be raise up to $60 just because they are "popular". Gay but thats how it is.

>> No.4022868

>>4022473
>google +

>> No.4022880
File: 34 KB, 332x344, 3E49D6A3-6630-4E35-9F54-B6AFBE5A190E.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4022517
>instagram has tools that tell you the best time to post based on your own followers
How do you find that? I see people saying you find it through a chart icon on the top right of your profile, but it’s not there on my app(which is fully updated)

>> No.4023195

ITS HARD TO REMEMBER WITH MY RETARDED BRAIN!! WHATS THE POINT OF TRYING ANYWAY???

>> No.4023688

>>4022880
You need a business account.

>> No.4023703

>>4022473
What if your audience is in different time zones

>> No.4023707

>>4022473
I have an app that tracks like and comment stats on ig. For me it's between 12 and 1 am and pm are the most popular hours. Post before bed for night owls and at lunch time for working people.

>> No.4023732

>>4022534
>>4022552
This is true for the fastest way to make it
too bad I can't do it because my brain won't let me be a fake shit.

>> No.4025202

Ive went on tumblr and tried various times, it actually seems that between 2pm-4pm gmt is prime posting time, at least for those who follow me.

>> No.4025295

Social media platforms don't feed content in reverse chronological order (by default), so posting in specific time windows isn't as important. A history of engagement (likes, comments and shares) gets you higher on a person's feed, so focus on that.

Also, make use of all the tools available too you. For example, use posts on Instagram to share stills of your work but use stories to share videos of yourself commenting on the process or your mindset.