[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 947 B, 416x454, 1548107599852.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3986046 No.3986046 [Reply] [Original]

Okay so should i just go straight to practising the human figure? I have grinded boxes and whatnot quite some time, but i don't feel like i have gotten any better. But just drawing boxes and whatever is really killing my motivation. And the fact that i can't draw human body just stops me sketching from my imagination, because that's what i am mostly interested in.

>> No.3986083

>>3986046
did you finish drawabox ? post your Mustang drawing.

>> No.3986889

Sounds like you are fucking clueless as to why you are drawing boxes... The point is to get good at understanding shapes in a 3D space on a 2d plane. If you think drawing boxes is killing your motivation, try drawing some people and getting frustrated with that because you didn't do enough boxes.

>> No.3986896

>>3986046
Start drawing human bodies now. Draw what you want to draw, even if it's shit, you'll improve if you put some thought into it. Finish a single colored piece and you'll instantly be ahead of 50% of /ic/ because you'll know all areas in which you're lacking.
You should check it out Loomis (fun with a pencil) or Hampton (design and invention) in the artbook thread, they're great to get started on human bodies. Pay attention to what's in these books because there isn't really a way around them but don't keep your nose in them 24/7 if you feel like you're losing

>> No.3986900

Everyone is different.
Some people can sit down and analytically do exercises like they're in a gym.

Others have ADHD and need to do something engaging to stick with it.
Overall, it's imporant that you are paying attention and fully engaging with what you're doing during practice, not just zoning out. Otherwise you won't learn anything.

If you think regular exercises are too boring, learn while attempting to draw something fun. It will take you several times longer, and the results will be bad, but you will still learn during the attempt. Just don't make us look at the resulting abominations.

>> No.3987273
File: 398 KB, 1271x1477, p1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3986046
Surely this is a bait. I have no idea what you're drawing. I never did drawbox, but I like to practice making figures with cubes (pic related). It helps me to see them in 3d. And this is ic, so pyw. :)

>> No.3987295

>>3986046
> But just drawing boxes and whatever is really killing my motivation
You're not supposed to grind boxes or other fundies all the time. Do it around half or two thirds of the time you're drawing. The rest of the time, draw whatever you want, be it furries with giant cocks, anime girls or knights with watermelon-sized pauldrons. Do not care about how shitty they are, JUST DRAW and with each new picture apply what you've learnt in between. And keep all the results in chronological order so you can see how you improve over time.