[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 30 KB, 580x451, _w850.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3978518 No.3978518 [Reply] [Original]

Your daily reminder to fight smart on social media
>Do not get into unnecessary drama with people of influence
>Do not debate crazy.
>If somebody that's both crazy and influential picks a fight with you block them immediately.
>Do not try and get the last word/last laugh. Your career is worth more than winning an argument.
>You can report individual tweets where a user infringes on your rights as an artist, tries to pick fights with you, or reuploads your art tempered or as is under Report tweet>harmful and abusive
>You can report a user for being harmful and abusive as well, this is good against pressing harassment or art theft.
>Stay away from politics
>If you really want to debate politics online for some odd reason have it separated completely from your art in an untraceable way.
>unfollowing accounts that cause drama, talk politics, or retweeet drama or politics is a good idea. Your work is being shown to people within your interest circle, being in proximity of echo chambers and politics is a good way to have it reach the wrong doorstep.
>anything you do or say could be pulled up later against you. Think before you post. Erase posts you made when you were 15 that might get you in trouble down the line.
>do not follow trends that you know will 100% get you the wrong attention
>don't debate stupid, your time is worth more than that

Remember, Fight smart.
Do not let some coward ruin your art career for their self validation.

>> No.3978519

>>3978518
Provocative art is more likely to destroy the opposition than the side that attacks provocative art.

>> No.3978530

i think i fucked up already. i went to defend some artist drawing pin up and called the women offending him "more retrograde than an 80 year old" (i actually know a 75yo woman who collects pin up figures) people went apeshit and started sending me aggressive pm's. The other day i picked a fight with the shiflett brothers for being faggots (not literally). I'm thinking of making another profile and stop being retarded.

>> No.3978535

>>3978519
Your'e a lone artist vs some crazy losers with their own journalistic publications.
You should draw whatever you want to draw AND stay the hell away.

>> No.3978537

>>3978530
Be like the Dude and say "fuck it" and leave.

>> No.3978538

>>3978518
Just started out and this is very helpful but
How do you gain follower by not going full sociopath?

>> No.3978542

>>3978530
It may still be salvageable.
I got into a few fights before and I followed diversity in comics in the past so once in a blue moon I'll find I'm blocked by someone random. I'm so far removed from that community though that it doesn't bother me. Try and see if it's still salvageable, if not then screw it, make a new twitter.
Also that's really funny, based 75yo pin up collector.

>> No.3978545

>>3978518
excellent advice op. Thank you.

>> No.3978554

>>3978538
2 major ways
>1) draw for popular tags and trends
People will look into a hashtag for a hot new thing or their favorite game or wifu. If your art is nice they might follow or like or retweet. Make sure you don't overdo it, the idea is that you make art and occasionally it has high reaching interests, not be a fanartist, otherwise people might not be on board for originals.
>2) interact with a community/artists you like
People see your name around and might check you out. Don't justin y it, just be chill with people you have genuine interest in. This one you really need to use your head in to not get into trouble, but it's a fair way to both get followers and make actual friends.

>> No.3978561

>>3978545
Thanks, Glad to help

>> No.3978565

>>3978554
Can i, or better say; should i actually just post just normal things like for example thoughts of course using hashtags, even though i have no followers?
Sorry, i'm really new to the whole socials game.

>> No.3978576

>>3978518
any attention is good attention though, especially for artists

>> No.3978587

>>3978565
Short answer: I don't recommend.

Long answer: Posting jokes and opinions on social media is very much like screaming into the void, you don't need to entertain an empty stage. This is one of the reasons why 4 chan is so nice and why I'm here. It's a lot nicer to spend time here than to constantly try and make anything happen on twitter.
On top of that, people value lower tweet count and more purely-art accounts, as well as sometimes get turned off by shitposting.

>> No.3978589

>>3978565
Forgot to mention, there's a designated social media shill yourself thread here. Feel free to post your social there and get some eyes on your work.

>> No.3978592
File: 72 KB, 700x591, senkyu.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3978587
>>3978589
I'll keep this in mind. Thanks, Anon.

>> No.3978762

>>3978530
>the shiflett brothers
What did you find faggoty about them? They always annoyed me too. They seem to be smug assholes.

>> No.3978810
File: 83 KB, 500x657, DpTkBxLW4AALMF3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

If I can add to this, by personal experience, try not to attract the sjws. Don't join the pride month. Don't join in fandoms like overwatch or voltron. These people have a stalking issue and will search anything you did wrong in your life. I had to restart everything because of a single bad tweet. Now I have a mostly male audience who's into vidya and anime, and it's the best audience to deal with, so much that someone did another callout on me about things I posted years ago, and no one cared. I finally feel free

>> No.3978831

>>3978530
Don't pussy out and just let this whole thing simmer down, if you make a new account now some SJW autists will still find links to your past and it will be more awkward and incriminating for you in the future.

>> No.3978835

>>3978831
The retards that care about these things have puppylike attention spans, so unless you "fuck up" again you will be fine.

>> No.3978842

Good advice OP. The fanbase I tend to draw for got entrenched in #metoo and it's honestly caused me disdain for a lot of the community. Many of the folks I've interacted with or follow now kept yapping about it. It's so tiring. Because of this I absolutely won't follow non-art accounts.

>> No.3978848

>>3978518
talk about yourself i got a lot of followers thnx to the nessa drama

>> No.3978862
File: 79 KB, 640x514, 1559384771925.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3978518
A little hack for getting rid of reality = fiction fags:
Since they tweet a lot of posts involving words like pedo and their wish to burn or stab torture them etc, you can report targetted harrassment on all their posts containing those phrases or just anything with the word pedophile on it and twitter will easily suspend their accounts.

>> No.3978878

>>3978518
I have mixed feelings about this but there are some artists I really liked but then they started getting so overtly political. And I don't care necessarily what your politics are, but some people are so anti trump that they will say things like I don't want to hear it, if you support trump, you should kill yourself, you are racist your a nazi, you're hateful, unfollow me, I don't want your kind as my fan. And when I see that it makes me sad but I do unfollow them. A couple artists and a couple bands. I don't argue with them. I don't express my politics at all but I also don't want to reward bad behavior.

>> No.3979073

>>3978862
Very true
Just in case slap them a block too, they might spaz out and try to pull more shit once they are back.
>>3978878
Lists
Make a private list of those people and unfollow.
You have a way to keep up with their content without having to see the bs daily and without the risk of being pulled into drama.

>> No.3979078

>>3978810
I know who you are lmao

>> No.3979207

>>3978810
All of this is true
You hear horror stories about the overwatch fandom. Those people are selfish and just want to see themselves represented on the screen. You'll give them a finger they'll take a hand. Glade you managed to get back it anon.
>>3978842
That sucks. screw the angry mob. That's a good idea, I say in general unfollow the drama and change your trending to tokyo or kyoto, at least the japanese don't feel compelled to join an angry mod against an artist to validate themselves

>> No.3979231

>>3978810
Good on you, anon