[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 370 KB, 1200x800, Human-Hands-Front-Back.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3977450 No.3977450 [Reply] [Original]

Anyone else having trouble controlling their hands? My hands don't do what I tell them do, they make random jerky movements, and it constantly feels tedious and arduous to control them. When I try to do anything with my hands I feel like someone trying to type on a computer keyboard from 10 foot away using a wooden stick.

>> No.3977452

In case it wasn't clear this relates to drawing since we draw with our hands... I'm asking for advice and tips on how to draw despite this condition

>> No.3977464
File: 27 KB, 479x640, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Bro I think you should go to a nerve doctor l, but there are exercises to prevent further wrist injuries like carpal tunnel that are formulated specifically for artists, You could also try to draw simple images repeatedly e.g. a cartoon pine tree/sheep to improve accuracy. Not all art requires refined movement you could start out blocking in some colours traditionally and creating some simple figures/portraits. Also maybe incorporate some co-ordination exercises into your daily routine like bouncing a ball off the wall or response games.

>> No.3977472

Do line control exercises, like in Dynamic Sketching or Scott Robertson's How To Draw. Straight lines, curves, basic shapes, stuff like that. A dozen pages on both sides should do. Use a pen.

>> No.3977932

>>3977450
Do your hands shake at all or just randomly 'tick'? If it's the former you probably have hand tremors and beta blockers would help.

>> No.3977980

>>3977450
go to the doctor bro

>> No.3978093

>>3977450
Because you fap todo much. Nofap is the key.

>> No.3978414

Do you play games?FPS help me with hand warm ups.