Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Maintenance is complete! We got more disk space.
Become a Patron!

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 382 KB, 1041x1028, 1560274126795.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3968454 No.3968454 [DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>go around on art convention
>approaching randos and asking them if they want to be friends
>they get flustered or weirded out
>proceed to sit outside convention hall and wait until the event ends

wtf you guys said it's easy to make art friends

>> No.3968455
File: 9 KB, 480x360, 1409670612434.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3968455

>approaching randos and asking them if they want to be friends

>> No.3968457

>>3968454
I'm sorry you have autism. Life will be hard for you

>> No.3968459

>>3968454
i would say yes

>> No.3968462

>>3968454
the only reason friendships exist is to learn to not give a fuck about them

>> No.3968473

>>3968454
thank god I became self-aware on how weird I am back in middle school. I imagine I'd be OP if I still act like an aspie in public

>> No.3968504
File: 243 KB, 799x797, DC134124215.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3968504

>>3968459
if you are ok with me

>> No.3968545

>>3968473
If you are self aware you are able to change it. (Unless you're happy with your current state)

>> No.3968556

>>3968545
Yeah I did. I'm an awkward introvert back then, but not really aspie levels of awkward. I'm pretty normal now and just blend right in

>> No.3968577

>>3968454
You're playing on hard mode since you chose autism on the character selector.

>> No.3968586

>>3968454

Only a monster could say no to this niglet loli.

>> No.3968591

id probs say yes but wouldn't take you too seriously because every time i've met someone that's like, "hey lets be friends" they never actually hit me up. wtf why r u blue balling me

>> No.3968692
File: 264 KB, 1926x1926, D808vqVVUAAXm6G.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3968692

>>3968454
is it just me or is something wrong with the left leg in the official art?

>> No.3968698

>>3968454
As someone who has an easy time making friends(currently juggling like 5), it's really not hard to make them. Basically, introduce yourself to someone, have a conversation with them, add them on social media, I usually go for snapchat, and then wait. Sometimes, they'll hit u up first, that's a sign that they want to hang out or you can hit them up first. This also applies to dating.

>> No.3968701
File: 199 KB, 369x425, 1545521641324.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3968701

>>3968454
HAHAHAHAHA
ANON
MOE
HE JUST WANTED A FRIEND
ANON YOU DITZ
HAHAHAHAHAHA

>> No.3968793

>>3968698
>make friend
>suddenly sends me nudes on dm

wtf

>> No.3968946

>>3968692
Lower leg is too long, its the length of the upper leg.

>> No.3968963

>>3968793
god I wish that was me

>> No.3968964

>>3968692
i want to impregnate her.

>> No.3969232
File: 124 KB, 500x500, 1546003809569.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3969232

>>3968455
Would work with me if you asked me personally because i'm not a narcissistic stuck up faggot

>> No.3969240
File: 213 KB, 500x500, IMG_0012.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3969240

nobody just walks up to strangers and straight up asks to be friends. thats awkward as shit and its the most forced, fake way to make a friend. its unnatural and inorganic, and everyone thinks youve got the 'tism. you are clearly socially inept. atleast think of some topic to talk about you sperg. i would truly pity you if i didnt think this was just bait

>> No.3969251 [DELETED] 

>>3968454
Imagine your social skills stop developing after you still play in a sandbox hahahaha you fucking autist

If you want to be my friend hit me up Sigourney #9490 on discord

>> No.3969264
File: 38 KB, 363x463, 1549647934369.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3969264

>>3969240
>don't try to be friendly because its against the programming and you autistic
Boy, it's not like you need to start living together with anyone that wants to be your friend.
If anyone asks to be your friend, you say yes.
And if anyone tries to use you, you distance yourself.
But instead
>no don talk 2 me cuz autims
pathetic monkey

>> No.3969636

>>3968504
Where are they looking haha

>> No.3969738

>>3968504
I like the way you do eyes

>> No.3969753

>>3968504
Be my friend mommy please. PLEASE MOMMY PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
I love you so much mommy I will be good PLEASE

>> No.3969786

>>3969232
>>3969264
desperate weirdos
>>3969240
someone actually grounded in reality

>> No.3969790

>>3968454
Why are you like this ?

>> No.3969810

>>3968692
Dam I wish I could draw at this level.

>> No.3969815

>>3969264
You have to start wondering why no one wants to be your friend.

>> No.3969818

>>3968454
Just talk to people. Don't be so forward.

>> No.3969865

I've been doing art for a long time but not one of my irl friends or family gives a shit. I've try reaching out on different art discords but people usually give the cold shoulder. All artistic people i know irl are introverts lol

>> No.3969914

That’s sweet anon it’s ok. Don’t go up and ask to be someone’s friend. It’ll most likely freak them out. Maybe you could compliment someone’s shirt or gear and make some small talk. From there you hang out with them a bit at the convention. If here’s a cafeteria/food like area, you could always find someone eating by themselves and asking if the seat by them is taken, and you can talk from there. Be proud of yourself for going out there and trying. Also, don’t be upset if people say no or don’t want to hang out afterwards. That’s just life. Good luck anon. I believe in you.

>> No.3969981

>>3968454
>wtf you guys said it's easy to make art friends
but did you have your dick out? I bet you forgot. try again next year.

>> No.3969987

>>3968577
>implying that hard mode is bad
More challenge, more rewards.

>>3969264
>forcing people to be friends with you without questioning
This is not a wagecuck thread, they can quality control their choice of friends for a variety of reasons. And being friends cause 'muh loneliness' does not count.

>> No.3970007

>>3968455

First comment always wins

>/thread/

>> No.3970089

>>3969240
uh sweetie

>> No.3970092

>>3969790
I like to be friendly and comfy

>> No.3970187
File: 137 KB, 387x400, 1548123268350.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3970187

>>3969987
>asking some randon if they want to be friends
>HURR DURR STOP FORCING FRIENDSHIP UPON OTHER REEE
Is "friend" the new anti-programming buzzwords?
>they can quality control their choice of friends for a variety of reasons
Anon, what did i even say?
>And being friends cause 'muh loneliness' does not count.
So basically, fuck people who feel lonely and abandoned and fuck them double if they actually try to make friends.
No wonder society is falling apart.
But dont forget to follow me and like my stuff on all social, amirite?
Sociopaths will get the rope, Anon.

>> No.3970199

>>3970187
Not him but use your common sense. Simple as that

>> No.3970201

>>3970199
>Imagine being so scared of people and incompetent at managing your social circles you have to demonize the harmless act of looking for friends
But is comun sens, amirite?
Support me on patreon, though, fren

>> No.3970202

>>3970201
It's as simple as not approaching complete random strangers, who you've never met or interacted, if they want to be your friend. I'm sorry you can't comprehend how it works.

>> No.3970203

>>3970202
So, why do people interact with their followers who they never met before irl and even accept their money? Enlighten me since im a social inept retard and lack common sense

>> No.3970213

>>3970203
>even accept their money
What is a business person

>why do people interact with their followers who they never met before irl
The keyword here is just interact. They interact with each other and talk about shit. That and asking someone to be your friend are completely different things. If someone online messages me out of nowhere and asks me to follow them and be their friend, I'd decline and ignore you

>> No.3970221

I don't have autism but I learned pretty late in life how to have a conversation.
It's just another art, you gotta learn how to do it properly.

>> No.3970226
File: 1.41 MB, 350x272, 1551146895534.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3970226

>>3970213
>What is a business person
So, if the person pretends to be your friend to sell stuff, it's alright since it works?
>If someone online messages me out of nowhere and asks me to follow them and be their friend, I'd decline and ignore you
Yeah but that falls under the "fake friend".
What if someone just genuinely asked to be friends just because he might like what you do or whatever?
Rejecting a person just based on paranoia doesn't seem humane to me.
And if the person has the autism, shouldn't you just try to make their existence a little easier?
Just let people talk to you instead of
>how dare the plebeians breath in my direction?
Seems your common sense has a narcissistic complex, m8.
But yeah, just consume and don't question anything.

>> No.3970245

>>3970092
Who doesn't like to be friendly and comfy? Is your idea of making it casually roasting passersby from within an iron maiden? On second thought I made that sound cooler than it deserved.

>> No.3970247

>>3970226
>So, if the person pretends to be your friend to sell stuff, it's alright since it works?
Do you get mad when cashiers are polite but don't want to be friends with you either?

>> No.3970248

>>3970226
>So, if the person pretends to be your friend to sell stuff, it's alright since it works?
???
I really don't get what you're trying to say. When did the pretend part come into place?

>>3970226
>What if someone just genuinely asked to be friends just because he might like what you do or whatever?
If you take the right approach, you can make friends with someone. Again, you don't directly ask someone who never met you before to be their friend. Take a different approach

>Rejecting a person just based on paranoia doesn't seem humane to me.
>And if the person has the autism, shouldn't you just try to make their existence a little easier?
People are cautious when meeting new people both online and irl because some are going to take advantage of you and some have a more malicious and ill intent. There's just way too many weirdos online

>> No.3970251

>>3970248
Also I know you gonna ask to elaborate on what I said so just fire away, I'm got time

>> No.3970262

>>3970248
>because some are going to take advantage of you

There's an oldern day saying, "you can't con an honest john," and it means that if there's no desire or guile on your part to ply, you can't be taken advantage of. No one can get over on you what you don't freely give them. And the flip side is you might be wrecking something genuine that's just awkwardly trying to find common ground to build off of, or show appreciation. And that sucks. Especially in the competitive art world where it's a relative rarity. I've had it happen and that cynicism is just an automatic death sentence to anything personal. But I guess if it's just business, this all doesn't apply.

>> No.3970263
File: 32 KB, 550x550, 1551148492182.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3970263

>>3970247
Not an argument. The cashier is getting paid to do a specific task. It's a choice to be polite and nice to the customers but it also shows the discipline and values of that person.
On the other hand all the other faggots who pretend to be nice to people with the intent of selling them stuff, is not normal and should not be tolerated.
>>3970248
>Business person =/= Some rando narcisius rollin on Socials
That's disingenuos and if a consumer had half a brain, they would see right through the facade.
>you can ask people to be your friend but you can't do that
>"Let's be friends?"
>"No, this goes against the standard procedure. ERROR:ERROR please revaluate"
If a good looking girl came to you and asked you to have sex with her, would you refuse her?
I mean, you don't know her?
>People are cautious when meeting new people
>because some might take advantage of you
Yes, that's understandable but how much of a coward must you be to not tell these people off?
Seems like it's more of a lack in self-confidence and actual social skills than
>ppl r bad
>>3970251
Yeah, i'm a stupid. Lucky me i hav a fren laik u

>> No.3970265
File: 100 KB, 610x573, 1551088272309.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3970265

>>3970262
>"you can't con an honest john,
This Anon gets it.

>> No.3970276

>>3970263
>On the other hand all the other faggots who pretend to be nice to people with the intent of selling them stuff, is not normal and should not be tolerated.
Because these artists are technically sales person trying to sell their merch. The least they need to do is be polite and nice to a potential customer. What's confusing about that.

>>3970262
That's true I guess but I don't think this applies to me? I'm a really introverted person so I'm pretty selective with who I get close to online.

>>3970263
>Yes, that's understandable but how much of a coward must you be to not tell these people off?
Read my post again. I did say I'd decline if someone asks me.

>>3970263
>If a good looking girl came to you and asked you to have sex with her, would you refuse her?
>I mean, you don't know her?
You already answered your question

>> No.3970285
File: 124 KB, 1024x1024, 1548719167091.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3970285

>>3970276
What your posts basically boils down to
>"If it isn't suited to me, it must be wrong thus you must be wrong too"
Solipsism combined with Narcissism is a helluva opiate, senpai.

>artists are nice because they must
Except they don't. It's not genuine and people will start seeing through. It's you who doesn't get it.
>I did say I'd decline if someone asks me.
What if that person had only your best interests in mind and wanted to give you a million bucks?
Well, too late.
>You already answered your question
>Implying
Anon, why do you go on the internet and pretend to be someone you're not.
Honesty and transparency are fun and nobody can burn you on a stick for it.
You just don't know how good things actually are if you make an effort to grow as a person.

>> No.3970290

>>3970285
>>"If it isn't suited to me, it must be wrong thus you must be wrong too"
Not really. Why do you think too literally and in black/white?

>>3970285
>Except they don't. It's not genuine and people will start seeing through. It's you who doesn't get it.
Except people will also know which one's are genuine as well? What's your point?

>>3970285
>What if that person had only your best interests in mind and wanted to give you a million bucks?
>Well, too late.
Then I guess I just gotta move on? It's not a big deal. Are you in fear of missing out? You sure make some weird extreme scenarios.

>>3970285
>Honesty and transparency are fun and nobody can burn you on a stick for it.
That's true
>You just don't know how good things actually are if you make an effort to grow as a person.
That's true too. We're getting off topic and im sorry I'm really at loss on what you're trying to make across

>> No.3970292

>>3970245
cringe my dude

>> No.3970294

>>3970285
You make it sound like everyone is out there to get you

>> No.3970298
File: 25 KB, 326x353, 1552346361074.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3970298

>>3970290
>Not really. Why do you think too literally and in black/white?
>Implying
>Except people will also know which one's are genuine as well? What's your point?
So, it's fine as you long as nobody finds out, amirite?
>Then I guess I just gotta move on? It's not a big deal. Are you in fear of missing out? You sure make some weird extreme scenarios.
Well, declining and demonizing a person for asking to be friends is a pretty extreme scenarion, is it not?
Also, for the sake of the argument, nothing is extreme.
>We're getting off topic and im sorry I'm really at loss on what you're trying to make across
Must anything have an endgoal, can't you enjoy a thing for the thing it is? Or do you always expect something to come out of a thing?
>weregettingofftopic.gif
Nice try, Anon. Have you ever questioned your thoughts? Have you ever dared to be wrong? Have you ever accepted your faults?
Have you ever tried to accept humankind?

>> No.3970299

>>3970276
All artists aren't salespeople. It's the last thing I ever wanted to be anyway. Is that really that rare, or is this just the usual /ic/ bend to things, since it's mostly people trying to go pro here, I don't know

And I guess, if it works for you. I'm introverted to the extreme, so maybe it doesn't apply at all.

>> No.3970300

>>3970292
>cringe
I do not think this word means what you think it means.

>> No.3970304

>>3970299
>All artists aren't salespeople. It's the last thing I ever wanted to be anyway.
I meant to imply people who are offering commissions, not for non commissioners. I'm just a hobbyist so I don't really reach out or network to that many people online.

>>3970298
>So, it's fine as you long as nobody finds out
You sure are twisting my words. Again, I don't know what you're trying to say at this point.

>>3970298
>declining and demonizing a person for asking to be friends is a pretty extreme scenarion, is it not?
Declining and demonizing are two different things. You can decline politely without demonizing the person.

>>3970298
>Have you ever questioned your thoughts? Have you ever dared to be wrong? Have you ever accepted your faults? Have you ever tried to accept humankind?
Yes, yes, yes and yes

>> No.3970306
File: 164 KB, 1100x684, 1549571021958.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3970306

>>3970304
>You sure are twisting my words
>I don't know what you're trying to say
Anon, stop lying. You just don't think about stuff because you don't value anything that comes from anyone except yourself.
>Declining and demonizing are two different things. You can decline politely without demonizing the person.
You decline a person AND demonize the action. Why are you twisting my words, Anon?
>You can decline politely without demonizing the person.
Then why did you say the things you did?
>Yes, yes, yes and yes
Wrong answer.

>> No.3970309

>>3970306
>You just don't think about stuff because you don't value anything that comes from anyone except yourself
You're projecting, anon

>AND demonize the action.
Just give me a scenario and I'll try to give my thoughts to it. Clearly we're thinking of different scenarios here

>Wrong answer.
But why so defensive?

>> No.3970315
File: 1.91 MB, 256x192, 1546055751569.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3970315

>>3970309
Ah, Anon. I'm just the fool holding up the mirror to a king, yet being accused for the things the mirror shows.
You really aren't self aware.

>> No.3970316

>>3970315
Oookay?

>> No.3970318

>>3970315
and this is why you don't have any friends

>> No.3970326

>>3970315
Okay dude I'm assuming you understood why asking strangers to be your friend is creepy . If not then I dunno what to tell you

>> No.3970331

>>3970315
is that a tranny?

>> No.3970362
File: 30 KB, 618x679, 1550376425635.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3970362

>>3970316
>>3970318
>>3970326
Feels good to be a real boy.

>> No.3970369

>>3970245
huh?

>> No.3970375

>>3970362
>he thinks the rest of the world is an npc
Truly the struggles of having severe autism

>> No.3970379
File: 42 KB, 640x447, 1539313702631.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3970379

>>3970375
Yes, Anon. Call me an autist. Call me a deviant. Call me broken.
Cope some more, hollow man.

>> No.3970382

>>3970379
Don't be so silly about it anon, take a breather.
>>3970369
Try something with a little more character, maybe put some personal inflection on it like
>huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuUu
next time

>> No.3970384

>>3970379
Ok school shooter

>> No.3970385
File: 374 KB, 498x499, 48634731843.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3970385

>>3970384
>school shooter
>Implying a whole school would be enough

>> No.3970399

>>3970382
>has to autistically reply to every random comment
based no-life retard

>> No.3970408
File: 35 KB, 337x450, 847-02779861en_Masterfile.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3970408

>>3970399
What can I say? I prefer my nothingness lively kek

>> No.3971146

>>3968454
There should be a God of character design working for Nintendo

>> No.3971150

>>3969264
friends is a state of being that you earn

you ARE socially inept if you cant grasp that you are supposed to actually take steps to reaching friendship instead of begging for it like some sort of roadside social-hobo

why should someone just invest their emotions into you because you asked them to? you are a worthless stranger who they know nothing about, why the fuck should someone label as someone theyd be willing to offer rides to work or help out when things get rough, just because you asked?

come into it with something to give, even if its a good conversation or shared interests only, not a fucking blind request, you autists

>> No.3971154

>>3971150
>you are a worthless stranger who they know nothing about, why the fuck should someone label as someone theyd be willing to offer rides to work or help out when things get rough, just because you asked?
Because it's nice, and goodwill is worth pursuing.
That and your equation begins at valuing people at zero, and further requires something in return, in a fully cultivated self centered and materialistic perspective.
You will not lead a happy life this way anon. The math is wrong.

>> No.3971168

>>3971154
What im reading in this conversation between the two of you is so odd because it could be assumed that, at least outside of business environments, you cant approach strangers and say hello, especially if they are at a booth and you arent a customer

You have to at least buy something, anything, and if they are a cosplayer instead, you can't approach them unless youre being incredibly formal just asoing for a picture

People are busy. You have to earn respect and friendship. You cant be a beggar on the side of the road asking for food or companionship, you have to earn either or. Not even native american tribes were that open to eachother. You cant even do that in an mmo, youll look inept

>> No.3971170

>>3971168
And I'm challenging that exactly to the level it appears. Everything you just described is hindrance, human nature be damned. But it's a moot discussion, as I can't change my nature either- not that I would want to. Even as disheartening as it is to feel alone in this way.

>> No.3971175

>>3971168
>>3971170
To add, just take the concept of openness and expound on it as much as you can. There's no bottom limit that makes the world or anyone's life better. More open= more sensation= more knowledge, enjoyment, etc.
But yes, you run into the problem.of human nature, for which there is no solution save to adapt. My philosophy is push yourself more open always, as it and its benefits are boundless, even with the limitations involved.

>> No.3971180

>>3971150
>you ARE socially inept if you cant grasp that you are supposed to actually take steps to reaching friendship instead of begging for it like some sort of roadside social-hobo
everyone on this board sits on the side of the proverbial road and rattles their cup labelled "ART DISCORDS? ART FRIENDS?" in the hopes that a cute femanon will stop by yet alas it is not to be
>>3971154
>Because it's nice :)))
humans are corrupt and selfish by nature have fun having awkward as fuck conversations with people who don't actually give two shits about you but agreed to be your "friend" after you harassed them at a con

>> No.3971186

>>3971180
I'm not that guy, though maybe as awkward and outgoing in different ways.

And people may take what they are able to, but it's an endless well on this side, while what they accomplish is trivial.

There are some religions who have a belief that has pretty cool knock on effects if you think about it. The belief amounts to, if someone has a want or need, you oblige it at cost to you. Because the cost to you is null. And the effects of the humility of allowing for human nature far outweigh any loss.

Corrupt, selfish, and one sided? Doesn't matter in the end, there's only one way to solve it- and it starts, and maybe ends, with doing so internally first.

>> No.3971192

>>3968455
fpbp

>> No.3971193

>>3971150
be patient, he's severely autistic. Of course he can't understand basic social interactions

>>3971180
>rattles their cup labelled "ART DISCORDS? ART FRIENDS?" in the hopes that a cute femanon will stop by
it's funny because these peolpe expect "friends" be handed and spoonfed to them

>>3971186
>>Corrupt, selfish, and one sided? Doesn't matter in the end, there's only one way to solve it- and it starts, and maybe ends, with doing so internally first.
This. The retard schizo on earlier posts expects everyone to adjust to him just because he's braindead and blames everyone why nobody want's to be his friend

>> No.3971205

>>3971193
>This. The retard schizo on earlier posts expects everyone to adjust to him just because he's braindead and blames everyone why nobody want's to be his friend

I think that's just a strawman, anon. I'm pretty sure that's not what anyone is trying to say or really believes itt. But maybe I'm wrong idk

>> No.3971236

>>3971186
i understand where you're coming from; i'm not saying "don't be nice to anyone ever" (being polite is good!) but "you can't expect someone who you don't know to be your friend right off the bat".
however i don't think the cost is null. time is valuable, and wasting it on a conversation you know isn't going to go anywhere feels like pulling teeth. also, first impressions are very important, so when you go up to someone and say "h-hey :) can we be friends?" you've gone and wasted your chance to have a normal conversation with them--you look clingy and weak and alarms go off in their head as they think "hmm this person is a weirdo who can't make friends the normal way".
i guess what you're saying is that one should listen to people who do that and just be the bigger person, but you have to remember that everyone has their own problems they have to deal with and expecting people to drop everything and entertain someone they aren't obligated to care about in the first place is silly. part of empathy, and being a good person, is understanding and respecting that.

>> No.3971261

>>3968454
That's now how you do it.
>Go to art con
>hang around places where your interested in
>if you see someone nearby looking at something you like too go "hey, you like [insert thing here] too? it's one of my favorites"
>wait for their reply and if the conversation continues after this point introduce yourself otherwise end it and move on

>> No.3971262

>>3971236
>and wasting it on a conversation you know isn't going to go anywhere
You can only estimate this, and in so doing only simply prejudice yourself. Appearances do not matter, the most wretched clusterfuck could turn out to enrich your life more than you could imagine.
>first impressions are very important, so when you go up to someone and say "h-hey :) can we be friends?" you've gone and wasted your chance to have a normal conversation with them
Image is unimportant, again, trivial, shallow. Else places like here wouldn't be devoted to trying to get people to change their own image. But THAT is the wasted effort involved here, much more than what amounts to appeasing prejudices.
>everyone has their own problems they have to deal with and expecting people to drop everything and entertain someone they aren't obligated to care about in the first place is silly. part of empathy, and being a good person, is understanding and respecting that.
It's nonsense if you consider the well of self sacrifice boundless. Only physical limitations exist, and much of the time they can be countered or at least partially alleviated especially with other people's help. An attitude at the outset of expecting anything else is selfish. Expect the best, always. If I cared about you(which I do) I would tell you to do so, carefully, modestly, for yourself. And I would also tell you to treat absolutely everyone else the same.
Done the right way, no one is taking your time- or anything else. They at worst share in it with you. And should be of the mindset to help if anything.
It goes far beyond being the bigger man, it's realizing that all the problems, concerns, fears, even to the worst extremes are hugely self correcting when pretense is dropped.

But I am that stupid ass who would go out of my way just for the sake of making a stupidly awesome gesture. It's very sad few people are accepting of even modest gestures. That is selfishness to me- deprives both parties and all observers.

>> No.3971432
File: 67 KB, 500x314, 1530705439857.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3971432

>>3971150
>>3971193
>>3971205
>be me
>be human
>want to do human things
>allow people to be my friend
>allow people to talk to me
>allow people to find a little peace in this cruel reality
>HURR DURR Y U RETORT WTF U SHIZU LEL FREN NO FO FREE REEEEEEEEEE
Ah, such is the burden of the humanity. Feels good doing the right thing.

>> No.3971433

/ic/ is the true time goblin here and this thread is the prove

>> No.3971459

>>3968504
soulless

>> No.3971786

Asking someone to be friends is the best way to make sure you aren't going to become friends

>> No.3972018

>go around on art convention
>approaching randos and asking them if they want to be my girlfriend or boyfriend, or sometimes even getting on my knee and proposing marriage
>they get flustered or weirded out

wrf what's wrong with people? I'm just being friendly and loving!

>> No.3972045

>>3971786
>Asking someone to be friends is the best way to make sure you aren't going to become friends

^with an asshole*

So basically, the best way to make
friends is actually to run up to people and ask. Because you'll weed out the insufferable cunts. Got it!

>> No.3972079

>go back to school
>full of normies
>they all swarm around me and want to be my friend
>have nothing in common with them
>try to be polite and listen to them
>can't wait to go back home alone

Life is suffering...

>> No.3972103

>>3972018
Your strawman isn't far off in reality. Having the open attitude towards the possibilities is far better than the alternative despair which so many people wallow in.

But besides that, how cool would it be if your pick up line was " Hey, so uh, ya wanna get married?" and it actually worked?

>> No.3972140
File: 95 KB, 366x224, 1549884038722.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3972140

>>3972079
>people talk to me
>ye but i dont want interact with those filthy normans
>go back home
>oh woe me am all alone
A poem just for you:

Weirdos are too weird
Normies are too normals
You will die alone because thy art one inseffurable faggot

>> No.3972173
File: 35 KB, 720x716, 1554967986142.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3972173

>>3971432
>gets murdered by sociopath he met at a con 2 hours earlier that he let into his car so they could get quiznos
you really showed us

>> No.3972177

>>3972140
Thanks buddy, I appreciate it <3

>> No.3972185

>>3972140
Is right but
>>3972079
Never underestimate the complexity people are capable of, or that may be hidden, especially from your own eyes. And it doesn't take away from the end result if you create common ground through being open. Some people may really come to find value in your perspective. To overlook this potential is a real waste.
But in any case, the only real answer is to celebrate what you've got- no matter what. Literally. Throw a party.

>> No.3972197

>>3972173
Yeah, you could avoid danger, being physically or emotionally hurt.

Or you could be open to the negative possibilities too, and use precautions.

It's okay to be afraid anon, overcoming that is called courage. But don't exercise the wrong philosophy ignorantly believing your self limitations are also the hard limits of understanding.

>> No.3972200
File: 190 KB, 500x494, 1559318979911.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3972200

>>3972173
>I shouldn't make friends with anybody because they might murder me
There are people who've known one another for years, have had sex together, children and end up killing one or the other.
You can't argue with
>hurr durr but i dun wan die
You could die right now by slipping on nothing

>> No.3972204

>>3969987
>implying that hard mode is bad
>More challenge, more rewards.

lmao yea man life would be so sick if I was autistic. Think of all those rewards....

>> No.3972214

>>3972204
>autism = bad
Think of all the things you could do if you could autistically focus on a thing you like.
But nice internet maymay you underage normiescum. Try agen

>> No.3972260

>>3972103
>Your strawman
It's an exaggeration to show that the original complaint is absurd in principle.
>But besides that, how cool would it be if your pick up line was " Hey, so uh, ya wanna get married?" and it actually worked?
Not cool. I want to know a person before I want to marry or befriend them; I want to make sure they are worthy of my time, attention, favours. Which is the simple point that seems to be too far beyond the capabilities of the feeble, seriously ill mind of at least one person on this thread.
Maybe it'd be cool for losers who normally repel people with their awkwardness, obnoxiousness, weirdness to be able to trap people into a relationship before others find out how annoying they are.

>> No.3972294

>>3972260
No, it's reduction fallacy.

Of course you want to know someone you autist, the conversation isn't two lines, "let's get married" and "I do."

>worthy of your time
Get help nero. Before you injure someone you do care about with this perspective. Please.

>>3972204
Hard mode can make you stupidly strong. Are you afraid of exercise pussy? Or winning?

>> No.3972334

>>3972260
Your argument boils down to being fatalistic to a very finely honed and intricate degree. As such you may argue in favor of the pragmatism therein, but I challenge that notion as wrong. And it's more than superficially wrong, it's wrong to a tragic degree. But it's something you will not see until you can truly let go. Try it. Not for my sake but for yours.

>> No.3972342
File: 50 KB, 598x605, 1549500455665.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3972342

>>3972200
do you also let complete strangers into your home?
theres a fine line between friendly and foolhardy and you seem to be leaning towards the latter

>> No.3972382

>>3972342
> do you let strangers into your home
Everyone is a stranger to a degree, and yes, some people vastly prefer erring on the side of goodwill, cautious or not.

Do you honestly wish to make it more foolhardy to let people into your home? Because that is the effect of your insular, misanthropic perspective.
Yes, invite an insane crazy to dinner, and yes carry a gun doing so if need be.

But in every case, do not focus on the negative; it's a trap.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
reCAPTCHA
Action