[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 160 KB, 960x768, 01 rep.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3947211 No.3947211 [Reply] [Original]

ok, so after watching videos about fast skill acquisition, volen ck videos about practice and inspired by /fit/ workouts I decided to just copy and draw noses from photos a 100 times to see what could happen.
Basically like a 10x10 set of any fit workout.

It took me a couple hours, but I am really happy with the progress and I felt very diferent right now towards drawing noses.

Around the 35 rep my understanding change and I can tell I've become intermediate level and stopped being a begginer regarding noses.
At around the 70 rep, I felt I've learned a lot about drawing noses and felt I stopped being intermediate.
At around 90 rep I was basically drawing from imagination even while I was copying photos.

It was a nice exercise and took me an entire day to pull off.
I'm excited to see if I can use this workout for other areas of the body, maybe an eye workout, a mouth workout, a portrait drawing workout.

I'm really happy over the results here.
Maybe some anons could try this kind of /fit/ workout practice session.

>> No.3947234

>>3947211
>I stopped being intermediate
Uh...

>> No.3947236

>>3947234
I mean my understanding of the nose from the photos I saw.

Sure, I may still be a begginer who knows, stll there's progress between the left noses and the right ones.

Still gotta make a workout to learn to paint noses.

>> No.3947241

>>3947211
>I can tell I've become intermediate level and stopped being a begginer regarding noses.
You may have improved and grown some but I wouldn't call your drawings intermediate. They are still a beginner's drawings. If you could actually keep a form together in perspective, knew basic crosshatching or values, and on top of that knew at least SOME anatomy, then you might be intermediate.

Not yet, my son. You're not out of the beginner cesspool yet. Keep progressing and then you'll feel the true power of an intermediate.

>> No.3947245

>>3947211
Sorry mate. Dont think you "invented this". Repetition is part of any learning process, and to be clear i think 18 is a better number. Better to focus on quality than quantity. And also add in some academic knowledge inside those 18 steps instead of just drawing flat photos. But whatever floats your boat. If you're making progress, you're making progress.

>> No.3947256

>>3947241
>>3947245
My interest isn't to brag, this is like my first day.

I'm sure I could make now another workout from imagination building the nose using boxes, and the day after another workout to paint values and later another workout to paint rendering.

In any case I'm happy with the progress and seeing is not that hard to improve just in a couple hours.
Gotta keep idea guying these workouts to see how fast I can improve.

>> No.3947259

>>3947256
A thread died for this

>> No.3947265

>>3947259
there's literal bait threads right now.
mine at least is on topic.

>> No.3947272

>>3947256
>this is like my first day
No its not.

>> No.3947275

>>3947272
my first day practicing, not drawing for fun.

>> No.3947284

>>3947256
That's fine bro I'm just saying you're not intermediate yet. Keep working though you're going to get those gains. Post in here your progress every day I'd love to see it.

Also go download anatomy for sculptors, it might help you with your noses.

>> No.3947293

>>3947211
Congrats OP you have learned that practicing anything requires repetition.

But listen to elder god Kim Jung Gi for some more knoweldge:
>"And I emphasize that studying the subject matter while understanding them accurately is more important than just drawing a lot. I ask them to experience as much as they can in life, and in drawing I ask them to understand the subject matter perfectly and practice through repetition. That is why studying anatomy is a must when drawing human figure."

Basically, repetition is not enough without trying to gain knowledge beyond the simple image. Basically, you want to consider the skeleton and muscles beneath the skin as much as what is visible. Perhaps you can do drawings illustrating the bone beneath the nose as well as the cartilage to complete your understanding of why it is shaped like it is.

>> No.3947294

>>3947284
yeah, I'm happy I found out a way to practice that isn't just lmao draw 8 hours a day, like most of crabs tell you.

>> No.3947312

>>3947211

>Around the 35 rep my understanding change and I can tell I've become intermediate level and stopped being a begginer regarding noses.

Not to piss on your parade but you didn't learn shit. Try rotating some noses in space at different angles. Try drawing a variety of noses (hook nose, thin nose, wide nose, narrow nose, droopy nose, child like nose, etc), render noses, stylize noses. You're not intermediate--you have a long way to go.

>> No.3947430
File: 497 KB, 300x224, tumblr_prp1pbBjiM1s7uh7j_400.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You are literally just doing studies and iterative practice mate, glad you found a structure but it's a pretty common one.

>> No.3947497

>>3947211
This is great but it’s not without its dangers. You will end up with an opinion on weirdly specific things. If you don’t have an opinion on people’s hands yet, try drawing 100. There are some people out there with ugly ass hands and fingernail insertions. A foot fetish could result as well.

>> No.3947519

>>3947211
Very cool OP. This reminds me of the time I wanted to get better at figure drawing so I did a bunch of figure drawing and then I was better at figure drawing. Very cool.