[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 95 KB, 1024x681, 1531790584212.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3897956 No.3897956 [Reply] [Original]

i got a pen tablet a few days ago (huion h610 v2) and drawing digitally is way more difficult than i expected. my lines shake like crazy even with a stabilizer on and doing stuff like ghosting lines to draw them accurately is way more difficult than with a regular pencil and paper. the only way i feel like i can draw anything comfortably is if i'm zoomed in a shitload, but that doesn't seem like a healthy habit to have.

>> No.3897975

Post lines

>> No.3897997

It takes some practice, make sure that the mapping of the tablet is 1:1 fit and not stretched to fill.

Some people also just cant deal with the disconnect of hand and eye that comes with traditional graphics tablets. If you really just can't get used to it, I suggest using a screen tablet.

>> No.3898162

I have the same tablet. youll get used to it. I decreased the mapping of my tablet because its too large for me

>> No.3898163

>>3897956
make sure the drivers are installed properly or the most up to date. what programs are you using?

and yes, digital is more difficult than traditional at first but you need to practice dexterity. do any of the drawing warmup exercises people do on paper but in digital. draw two points connect them with lines, draw three points and make a curve through them, draw two parallel lines and connect them without overlapping, etc. stick with it enough and it becomes second nature. the hardest part is figuring out brush curves that work for you in terms of pressure. ctrl paint is a good resource for digital painting beginners. try to not paint with size jitter because it's really difficult and tends to give bad results at first.

>> No.3898178

>>3898162
>I decreased the mapping of my tablet because its too large for me
what do you have yours set to?

>> No.3899492

update: i tried using a piece of paper over the drawing area to see if it would help. holy fuck. the difference is night and day. it was the slipperiness of the tablet surface that was throwing me off so badly. drawing with a piece of paper over it feels so much more natural it's not even funny. i didn't think it would affect me so much but it did.