[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 935 KB, 650x4128, Patreon-Dec-angle-control-eng-p3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3820444 No.3820444 [Reply] [Original]

I am trying to understand what did he meant here but just cant.
From my point of view it looks like he is projecting 2D box drawn above the camera and then extrudes 3D from the lines showing edges.

My issue with that is that I just cant understand how it does apply to boxes tilted and rotate simultaneously.
How can I use this method to get accurate box in perspective, the way I see it now its just winging it because there is a horizon in picture and everything must be build around this horizon line.
If you use this method it will make every box have its own not only horizon line but also FOV (vanishing point distance) and focal point.

How can I use this method to get accurate boxes in perspective consistent with just about everything else in picture?
Please help a brainlet, I just cant wrap my mind around the concept.

>> No.3820446

>>3820444
>he didn't learn about the advanced perspective of projection in perspective class
One hint is How to Draw, the other is Draw a box.

>> No.3820610

>>3820444
>method
it's not a method as much as it is a way of thinking when drawing.
Moderndayjames has a good video on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XF5YuAK63I
Though this is really aimed towards intermediate artists that grasp the rules of perspective well enough to revolve their work around it.

>> No.3820696

>>3820610
Thanks bro, I was under the impression his method suppose to provide accurate way to draw boxes in perspective but the vid you posted confirmed that it is only freehand exercise.