[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 328 KB, 700x894, l-8348-lobster-rage-fist.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3769797 No.3769797 [Reply] [Original]

>draw in a good mood
>past_sins_haunting_me.jpeg
>deletes entire drawing because of that single thought
Is this normal or am I mentally ill?

>> No.3769859

>>3769797
just shake your head and shiver from your shoulders like how most do and then try to run from the though by bissying yourself with the drawing

>> No.3769911

>>3769797
you too?
wow glad i'm not alone

its costs me many comic ideas, i can never seem to get more than 10 pages done before my memories start bothering me too much to continue, and eventually i stop working on it because i can't stop remembering

>> No.3769938

come on someone else reply
threads always die after i post what the fuck

>> No.3769945

Unless when you say past sins you mean the sudden realization that your drawing is subpar, I don't see why it would make you delete your drawing. Elaborate.

>> No.3769950

>>3769945
I painted over stock images when I was 15 to sell art and deleted it within a day. Noone bought my shit thankfully, although I got called out for it and im paranoid that someone fuck my shit up because my current artstyle look similar to my middle school cheater phase

>> No.3769954

>>3769950
Post it

>> No.3769957

>>3769797
You're rather impulsive.

>> No.3769961

>>3769797
This has actually happened to me before. Mostly it has to do with remembering embarrassing shit I did when I was younger. It really fucks me up sometimes.

>> No.3769984

>>3769797
Well you're letting your bad memories get the better of you and control your here and now. Just accept whatever it was, and let it evaporate. Don't push it back since these useless thoughts will just linger stronger, everyone has bad memories, be it chad or a bullied kid, the difference is just how you deal with and how you will let it affect your future. And do you really want to let your past win and let if decide who you are going to be?

Not being defeated by a mere uninvited thought while drawing is the bare minimum you should be capable of.

>> No.3770314

You're 'just' highly insecure (about your art). A larger problem than the fact you threw away a drawing you made are the reasons why.
If it makes you feel any better, I was about to just delete the response because I felt it was so lacking.
There are a number of ways to go about this, the cold water approach is probably the most effective - take a sketchbook with you, draw people sitting around and show them your sketch.
Most of the time they don't care about the quality, but are rather interested about what you do art wise, which is a nice conversation starter, since it's most likely a topic you care about.
Do this every time opportunity arises, and you'll get comfortable with it in about 2-3 months if you follow through.

Or you have to go to the shrink, iunno.

>> No.3770464

>>3770314
He ain't even posting his work here, you think he's going to show strangers?

>> No.3770466

>>3770314
>There are a number of ways to go about this, the cold water approach is probably the most effective - take a sketchbook with you, draw people sitting around and show them your sketch.
>Most of the time they don't care about the quality, but are rather interested about what you do art wise, which is a nice conversation starter, since it's most likely a topic you care about.
That's a good approach really.
Wasn't as comfortable with drawing myself for a long time, until I shared my work with others.

>> No.3773396

>>3769797
Let the past be a school master. Harsh school, baby! What else is new?

>> No.3773417
File: 39 KB, 512x512, weres my motivation.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3769797
Highly depends on the drawing. In short, keep it, no matter how embarrassing it is. The brain is a complex machine who can auto-analyze itself and wrong drawings will compel you to fix your own errors.

>> No.3773628

>>3769797
If you are on 4chan you have a very high chance of mental illness. This might sound funny but it's actually serious. Very few people would put up with the insanity that goes on here. Being bothered by your past sins can be real - if you did something serious. It may be good to seek help for this, depending on what it leads too. I don't know if your past sins are illegal or not. Only you know that. Sometimes people need to confess them before they feel better. Sometimes everything has been done and you still feel guilt from time to time, or often. The only thing that makes this go away is time. If you're a Christian, like me, you can take your sins to God and ask Him for forgiveness. I recommend this for anyone honestly. If you've never done it before the change can be miraculous, if you're already a Christian and saved it may take a bit more time, you might try repenting (literally changing your mind - choosing not to do anything like that sin again).

It can also be related to OCD.

>> No.3773714

>>3773628
>If you are on 4chan you have a very high chance of mental illness
>Very few people would put up with the insanity that goes on here.
Not OP but I actually think 4chan has been a crucially defining influence on my personality. I honestly can't imagine what kind of person I would be without it so I can't even say I'm worse for it.

>> No.3773785
File: 1.11 MB, 894x894, 1546884913021.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3773417
cannot unsee

>> No.3775647

It's normal until certain point, I mean, I hate most of my old drawings, anything with more than 2 years is probably a regrettable thing that I wish more than anything delete from the internet.

But that's okay to me, it's a prove of my improvement and all that positive garbage.
Anyway, in your case you should probably just suck it up and realize that yeah, your drawings sucked in the past and this a constant with sigh of change because you will keep improving or changing in to something different, stop drawing because some uncomfortable memories such a wuss move that I feel like bullying you.

>> No.3775906
File: 60 KB, 452x339, that's the joke.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3773785