Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

2017/01/28: An issue regarding the front page of /jp/ has been fixed. Also, thanks to all who contacted us about sponsorship.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 67 KB, 720x687, 1538247790285.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3762472 No.3762472 [DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>tfw get addicted to criticism
>the more brutal and harsh it is the harder I get off
what the fuck, bros

>> No.3762473

h-hot

>> No.3762475

Do you purposely make bad art and post it to alt so that the alters beat you with the long stick?

>> No.3762478

>>3762472
can you please stop making retarded threads.

>> No.3762481

>>3762475
No, I make unpurposely bad art of niche stuff and post it anonymously, but for some reason way too many folks praise it instead of pointing out vital flaws, so when somebody does finally say that my incompetent ass belongs on deviantart I can't help but feel devastated but in kind of a good way.

>> No.3762489

>>3762472
Pyw, i can give you that fix

>> No.3762490
File: 31 KB, 450x450, 9d8a924d-ba0e-407a-8acb-58f8641fd3cb_1.d3bd1182b595f4189bc15d1bef8225db.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3762490

>>3762472
Stop drinking this

>> No.3762501

>>3762472
gimme that source

>> No.3762503

>>3762472
>>3762481
Same. I used to show my art to my friends and they always just said it looked fine. I was happy they liked it but I almost started believing I was actually good at art and I felt like I wasn't progressing because nobody was pointing any flaws.
Then I found /ic/ and I started posting here and I started getting harsh criticism and being bullied and it made me upset at first but I'm sure that helped me improve and now I get unironically upset when I post something and people just replies it looks good.

>> No.3762505

my friend who i criticize alot linked me this thread and i think he wants me to tie him up and burn him with candles while i insult his anatomy bros

>> No.3762508

Post ur work bby so i can give you some of that harsh critic ;)

>> No.3762513

>>3762472
Are you the mentally ill acrylic painting spammer?

>> No.3762518

>>3762501
Let's Try Anal - Veruca James

>> No.3762520

>>3762472
I feel if someone compliments my stuff that they are either lying to me or are stupid.
I need some kind of critique to take anything someone says about my art seriously.

>> No.3762522

>>3762518
damn just found my new pixie

>> No.3762532

>>3762481
Are you a girl?

>> No.3762537 [DELETED] 

>>3762513
post an example

>> No.3762550

>>3762520
You only get that from other artists who have no reason to kiss your ass. The only times I've found that were doing drawing sessions with someone in a completely different program with no overlapping social circles and a friend I paint with for "fun". The latter works because we are motivated by the process and not the lust for result, good luck finding someone who isn't driven by results (to the point that exceptional works invoke asspain at the thought of trying to figure out what went right and do it again) but still wants to improve.

Everything else is just asspats in the name of gaining social currency. Normalfags (very few people make art) can't grasp that platitudes like that are utterly meaningless.

>> No.3762560

>>3762472
I don't see your being work posted OP. So you are obviously full of shit.

>> No.3762574

If you prefer critiques be sure to list that in some visible place or preface all conversations with this fact if you are posting online. There's a general rule of courtesy that, if the artist doesn't explicitly ask for critique then you shouldn't give it (especially when it's not in a setting where critique is expected). Most people are willing to critique your work especially if you say something ego-stroking to the effect of: "hey I really value your opinion, can I get your input"?

>> No.3762577
File: 34 KB, 338x305, 1539027261636.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3762577

>>3762574
>if the artist doesn't explicitly ask for critique then you shouldn't give it
and that's how you get circlejerks

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
reCAPTCHA
Action