[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 50 KB, 761x1024, C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_1531497617207.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3751391 No.3751391 [Reply] [Original]

I dont know if thats the exact place for asking that kind of thing, but I've been getting interested in art history, specifically renaissance art history.

I wanted to know how those guys managed to rediscover how to work out perspective and human figure construction after some good 800 years of potato art styles. Do you know of any good material that covers that ?

>> No.3751402

>>3751391
>I wanted to know how those guys managed to rediscover how to work out perspective and human figure construction after some good 800 years of potato art styles.
simple the economy improved and people afford those godamn expensive artwork and pure artist become a viable career and several master lifetime later they improve their knowledge

>> No.3751408

>>3751402
Oh, I see, Its just that I find it hard to believe that there are and were people out there that had/have enough talent to be able to draw by eye realistically without proper education given enough time and money to sustain them.