[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 168 KB, 500x750, tumblr_om4idz8LNq1w2l7bco1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3724069 No.3724069[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Dear friends

A fellow artist is trying to make it in his home country (Chile). However it is not easy to be an artist and survive in this part of the world.

He has setup an ambitious objective, to create 600 stunning pieces of art. Nevertheless he will need money to purchase canvases, oils, brushes etc etc.

That is why the setup a getfunding so can get the money he needs.

Please fell free to donate (already at 1360 of 6000 dollars) and also check his beautiful artoworks:

You are not forced to donate, just a nice support comment to help a strugling artist will work. Lets support each other and achieve our dreams

>> No.3724071

>>3724069
send me free money too

>> No.3724075
File: 125 KB, 500x671, tumblr_olsphmh8d11w2l7bco1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just google: jose saavedra k dash

You will find his beautiful artwork and the funding site in the first page of google

>> No.3724079
File: 261 KB, 542x960, tumblr_omtaivwZiI1w2l7bco1_640.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Here´s Jose artist statement (a very mature concept of art he has):

Wittgenstein averred that the limits of language defined the limits of his world. My creations capture the spirit of Wittgenstein’s philosophy, however, the syntax, grammar, and semantics of my world – as an artist – are expressed through color, not words. My work explores a multidimensional interface of art, science, and culture; moreover, my methods combine painting, photography, sculpture, and digital animation. Akin to a metaphorical ecosystem, my dossier has evolved and bifurcated stylistically into two dominant species, each of which embraces a set of unique subject matter.

My first set of work embraces a fascination with the social construct of beauty and its entropic deconstruction. In each piece, I carry on the chimerical quests of Modigliani, Picasso, and De Kooning by creating depictions of young trans women, cis women and androgynes. Most of these pieces are painted by adding thick layers of oil paint over canvases and ordinary flat sheets. My technique has matured and transmogrified as a result of studying Jean-Michel Basquiat’s neo-expressionist forms, Jenny Saville’s nudes and Richard Phillips’ celebrity paintings. The process by which I create these images begins with a well-defined and methodical application of colors onto the canvas, and often followed by an uncontrolled and spontaneous deterioration caused by exogenous factors such as dust, animal contact, extreme temperature variation, and the physical stress of transporting these pieces that results in fissures and cracks on the oil layers. These inimical externalities play a critical role as entropic agents by producing a natural ageing process in my paintings.

>> No.3724081

Continuing:

Galileo asserted that, “The book of nature is written in the language of mathematics.” For many years, I believed this quote to be inherently true and beautiful; however, after reading Gödel – and being exposed to his theorem of incompleteness – I began to question Galileo’s wisdom. I am now convinced that recursive systems of axioms can never be complete; there will always exist seemingly true statements in logical systems that cannot be proven. As such, I continually attempt to reconcile the paradoxical nature of reality by combining scientific and mathematical abstractions with classical artistic works, ancient allegories, and philosophical paradigms. Acknowledging the inability of science and mathematics to capture universal truth motivates me to search for higher thresholds of discovery. Positioning my work in the overlapping realms of art, science, and culture provides periodic glimpses of truth that warm my soul in the gelid domain we call reality.

>> No.3724088

>>3724079
>>3724081
>>3724069
hahahaahah

>> No.3724174

You can probably survive an entire year on 6000 dollars in Chile.

>> No.3724371

shoo shoo, filthy weeb

>> No.3724373

If things are that bad he should be looking for a job and not fuck with art too much then.

>> No.3724380

>>3724075
>>3724079
OH NO NO NO NO

>> No.3724387

>>3724079
>>3724081
I suspect he drew anime in his teens, then went through his ‘le deep thinker’ phase’ and then got back into art but decided to be a ‘le deep mysterious artist’

>> No.3724411

i wish i could just snap your fucking neck

>> No.3724415

>>3724069
That Morrigan drawing is traced from official art lol.

>> No.3724416

>>3724075
>>3724079
it's pretty trash mate, sorry

>> No.3724444

>>3724069
yoy guys should be clever enough to know that you shouldn't shill your own shit here unless it's actually decent.

Him not being successful has really nothing to do with living in chile or wherever else (you have the fuckin internet, the biggest audience there is), it's just the work that he himself perceives as art. Also asking people to fund his selfish cause, the absolute state of you

>> No.3724447

>>3724069
>You are not forced to donate
I'm not? wew, guess it's my lucky day.