[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 35 KB, 589x636, 1505461949834.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3716486 No.3716486 [Reply] [Original]

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE TO IMPROVE WHILE I'M TAKING A BREAK
WHY CAN'T THEY WAIT UNTIL I'M DONE SO WE CAN STAY AT THE SAME SKILL LEVEL

GETTING HEADSTARTS IT'S NOT FAIR WAIT FOR ME

>> No.3716493

haha! you snooze you lose!!

>> No.3716495

>>3716486
Stop caring about other people's progress.

>> No.3716496

>>3716495
How. I want to not care but it's a split between a driving force in my motivation and frustration when I'm unable to practice (Painting for example) due to complications.
Someone I draw with a lot is starting to paint and my wacom tablet is broken so I can't keep up.

It hurts.

>> No.3716498

>>3716496
Stop caring about other people's progress.

>> No.3716500

>>3716498
How. I want to not care but it's a split between a driving force in my motivation and frustration when I'm unable to practice (Painting for example) due to complications.
Someone I draw with a lot is starting to paint and my wacom tablet is broken so I can't keep up.

It hurts.

>> No.3716501

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BjKS1-vjPs

>> No.3716504

>>3716501
This is amazing.

>> No.3716506

>>3716498
I don't know who repeated this, but it wasn't me.

>>3716500
You need to realize that there is always something that you could be drawing, and if you care about someone's progress other than your own because they've gotten better that you, it's stictly because you want recognition for your art. Truth is, though, the world doesn't owe you even the time of day and no one is going to give a flying fuck about your art if it's obvious there is no passion in it. If you can't find reasons to draw outside of "I want to show my work to people" then fuck off, because art is a hobby of sacrifice.

>> No.3716510

>>3716506
>and if you care about someone's progress other than your own because they've gotten better that you, it's stictly because you want recognition for your art.
Don't project your insecurities onto me, retard. I do this for fun, but I still enjoy being competitive. Just because you want attention doesn't mean I do. This is a personal issue

>Truth is, though, the world doesn't owe you even the time of day and no one is going to give a flying fuck about your art if it's obvious there is no passion in it.
Ok? How is this relevant? This is the most projecting I've seen this week.
>If you can't find reasons to draw outside of "I want to show my work to people" then fuck off,
Projecting, again. Attention whore. No one cares that you've made peace with being a nobody.

>art is a hobby of sacrifice.
Well aren't you a humble and presumptuous little autist.

>> No.3716511

>>3716506
Are you assuming people are as delusional as you?

>> No.3716512

>>3716495
That's just silly. You're in a field that is competitive it's in human nature to want to be better than the other guy in a small group. It's what thrives in men. That and criticism is something everyone wants.

>> No.3716514

>>3716510
If you are just going to attack my character while simultaneously refusing to analyse your own, I'll see my way out. You want to be competitive because you want to be a show off. However most people who are good don't have to show off.

Like, god damn OP. I didn't call you you an idiot for being insecure. The least you can do is take what I wrote without feeling like you have to be on the defensive.

>> No.3716518

>>3716511
>Delusional
For what? Being right? The sad truth is that a lot of people got good for putting in a larger body of work than this guy has. His tablet is broken? What's wrong with pen and paper? If he can't learn to sacrifice his time without making excuses for why he can't draw while also feeling a desire to be competitive, he's going to fail. Period.

>> No.3716520

>>3716514
>If you are just going to attack my character while simultaneously refusing to analyse your own, I'll see my way out.
Bye. You made assumptions of me, as if I even post my stuff publicly aside from a few doodles. I can want to be better without wanting to show off. I want to be better because it feels nice to be good at something. I want to be competitive because it's fun to have those types of relationships with people.

I don't care about showing off. But continue to project your newfound insights on yourself onto me. There are more motivations to art than wanting to show off. That just tells me off the bat how you think.
Everyone assumes others think like them in certain aspects. This isn't true. If your only motivation for doing art is showing off and not just having fun then I feel sorry for you. I hate to break it to you but there are people who arent that superficial.

>>3716518
Are you genuinely retarded? When did I say I didn't draw with pen and paper. I specifically mentioned painting being the reason my tablet being broken was a problem. Kiss my ass you illiterate retard.

>> No.3716521

its just a memey venting post dont get too excited guys.
keeps on drawin

>> No.3716523

love and peace

>> No.3716527

Why does this thread even exist? We already have a vent thread. If you feel hopeless because "wahhh broken tablet" then go there. Otherwise, a thread died for this crybaby bullshit.

>> No.3716529

>>3716506
>>I don't enjoy being left behind because of bad luck
>Well you should just stop doing that. I draw for attention therefore you must draw for attention too so stop doing that.
The absolute state of /ic/

>> No.3716530

>>3716527
Wow, you got me. Good one.

>> No.3716532

>>3716530
Well? What was the fucking point of you making this thread? You already assblasted one anon and there has been exactly zero discussion about what to do about your broken tablet outside of wallowing in pity and yelling about philosophy.

>> No.3716535

>>3716486
OP you're an actual crab

>> No.3716537

>>3716532
True. Honestly I was hoping people would give me stories of how they relate, or discuss how someone can overcome it without a suggestion as dumb as 'just don't care bro.'

To be truthful I completely forgot about the vent thread but even then you're more likely to be ignored.

>>3716535
No I'm not bro, I'm the opposite of a crab. I BTFO crab animators all of the time. I just don't like stagnating because of unforseen things while another person gets better than me. Only because you start out on a leveled playing field and then you're suddenly way below them. I'm happy for the person but it isn't a nice feeling, you know?
I continue to compliment them. I just secretly feel like garbage because of how much time I lost. It removes the entire competitive atmosphere, which is the best part about having an art friend.

>> No.3716542

>>3716537
Go pick up a watercolor set. They're cheap, they'll get you painting, and you won't have to rely on technology fucking up.

Also, there is a massive difference between "taking a break" and "my tablet is broken". Put that in your OP next time. Otherwise it makes you come off as a disingenuous prick.

>> No.3716543
File: 68 KB, 300x417, 300px-SiegeOfAcre1291.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3716486
This I beheld, or dreamed it in a dream:—
There spread a cloud of dust along a plain;
And underneath the cloud, or in it, raged
A furious battle, and men yelled, and swords
Shocked upon swords and shields. A prince's banner
Wavered, then staggered backward, hemmed by foes.
A craven hung along the battle's edge,
And thought, "Had I a sword of keener steel—
That blue blade that the king's son bears,— but this
Blunt thing—!" He snapped and flung it from his hand,
And lowering crept away and left the field.
Then came the king's son, wounded sore bested,
And weaponless, and saw the broken sword
Hilt-buried in the dry and trodden sand,
And ran and snatched it, and with battle-shout
Lifted afresh he hewed his enemy down
And saved a great cause that heroic day.

>> No.3716548

>>3716543
This is an awesome poem. Thanks anon.

>> No.3716554

>>3716543
good poem

>> No.3716555

>>3716543
Amazing poem, anon.

I'm not blaming the cause of my stagnation on not having a tablet. Just that having it inhibits me from learning and improving at painting. Not so much drawing itself. An entirely different skill that you're unable to improve at because you can't fix your tablet due to being poor.
I will continue to improve at drawing but it leaves a pit in my stomach to see him put so much effort into painting and improve his coloring, form, etc. so much while I sit idly by practicing drawing alone.

I enjoy painting a lot and it sucks that I can't learn because of it.

>> No.3716556

>>3716537
>I wanted people to discuss my retarded problem without pointing out how retarded I am for having it in the first place.

>> No.3716561

>>3716555
So are you just going to keep bumping your thread with posts that fish for pity and ignore my suggestion for getting a watercolor set, or are you actually going to take charge of your life?

Traditional concepts carry over digitally, and if you're just going to be a fag and say there is no bleed over and act like you're being poetic in your sadness, then no one can help you, your thread is shit, and you should go be a helpless fag elsewhere.

>> No.3716562

>>3716542
>Otherwise it makes you come off as a disingenuous prick.
If you choose to continue to be dense after the situation being explained then you'll whine no matter what.

Also I have no art stores near me. I live from paycheck to paycheck in the ghetto. But it's good to know how many people here have it so good that they can afford to have disposable income. I don't.
Only reason I have the tablet and this garbage laptop is because it's a hand-me-down.
>>3716556
Nah I actually just wanted to hear how others deal with it but this is fun too. I'm ok with either outcome.

>>3716561
ok

>> No.3716567

>>3716561
And no, I wasn't ignoring it, I actually didn't see the post until I looked above the poem. Not sure how I missed it.

>> No.3716571

>>3716555
You know, I participated in 2017's Inktober. I spent the entire month just making ink drawings which is something I hadn't done for a long, long time. By the end of the month that skill carried over to other areas. I could paint a bit better because I understood form better and that was because I was forced to represent the human form using only lines. Another time I got a bit better with drawing because I spent some time sculpting in zBrush. It taught me how to see the form in 3D in my mind's eye. All these skills are correlated. Keep drawing.

>> No.3716573

>>3716562
>I'm poor; more excuses; etc
95% (or some other ludicrous number) of the US population lives within 15 minutes of a Walmart, and you can go a pick up an okay set for less than $10. It won't be perfect, but again, it gets you working.

Like, dude, you aren't homeless and can at least afford internet, unless you're a child living on your parents dime (this seems likely). You are making excuses and you fucking know it.

also
>if you choose to continue to be dense
No one is being dense. You didn't reveal important information until after you made your thread.

>> No.3716576

>>3716571
Oh don't worry, there's no fucking way I wouldn't keep drawing. Especially when pencils and paper are only 1 dollar. I believe you. I'm going to draw more and focus on learning more in order to make up for the loss.

>>3716573
Go ask mommy to buy you another PC

>> No.3716577

>>3716573
>and can at least afford internet,
I'm on a family mobile plan lmao
>unless you're a child living on your parents dime (this seems likely
Why would I be living paycheck to paycheck if someone was paying for my rent retard?

>> No.3716582

>>3716573
Must be nice living on mommy's dollar, huh? I would give anything to be this oblivious to the real world. You'll find out if you're ever put into a place where you can only live on top ramen as you scrape up coins to afford your next bed.
It's annoying to see kids who've never struggled sit here and tell people what they can do when you have no idea how difficult living paycheck to paycheck is.

Not sure anyone would prioritize a fucking painting set over food. Not to mention he's going to have to keep buying sets and canvases, whereas, if he/she hadn't broken a tablet he/she would have unlimited paint to use.

>>3716577
>Phonefag
Fuck off.

>> No.3716584
File: 35 KB, 500x500, 46386076_1921219074627221_8535090376480915456_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3716577
So at the end of every month, when rent is due, you have zero disposable income? Like, every time? I find that hard to believe. I've "lived paycheck to paycheck" in the past. I worked two jobs in retail and as a mechanic. Unless you are drowning in debt (which again, would have been nice to know beforehand, but you trickle out information like a leaky faucet), I fail to see how you're so fucking destitute that you can't afford a $7 dollar set.
>>3716582
pic related - responding to your own post doesn't hide your samefag

>> No.3716585

>>3716582
Get a better job then retard.

>> No.3716590

>>3716486
cringe AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH poster
not even talking about being a lonely virgin
what a cop-out
faggot

- anonymous

>> No.3716592

>>3716584
>So at the end of every month, when rent is due, you have zero disposable income? Like, every time? I find that hard to believe. I've "lived paycheck to paycheck" in the past. I worked two jobs in retail and as a mechanic. Unless you are drowning in debt (which again, would have been nice to know beforehand, but you trickle out information like a leaky faucet), I fail to see how you're so fucking destitute that you can't afford a $7 dollar set.

Food, contributing to the family plan costs so that I don't get dropped for freeloading, etc. The food I can afford is barely enough to last me through the 2 weeks I get paid.

> fail to see how you're so fucking destitute that you can't afford a $7 dollar set.
Because I'd rather safely not starve just so I can buy a painting set? You'd be surprised how much fucking 7 dollars can keep you afloat hunger-wise. Top Ramen is $5 a pop.
My dad lives with me so it doesn't last as long as it should.

>>3716585
Too busy. I literally have to work in 15 minutes. 12 hour shifts and overtime a lot of the time. I have to take care of my dad and it's all too much. I've been applying to jobs but each time they tell me they've just hired the last employee.

At least the ones near my house since I don't have a car. I'm putting a few dollars aside to save up for a cheap bike and a few pencils but I always end up having to spend it on more food.

>>3716590
>cringe
Understandable
>not even talking about being a lonely virgin
Sorry. If it makes you feel any better I am a virgin and lonely.

>> No.3716593

>>3716592
>Sorry. If it makes you feel any better I am a virgin and lonely.
you are redeemed in my eyes at least

>> No.3716595

>>3716592
I would literally give you my spare Intuos Pro 4 if you lived in Denver and you didn't come off as such a faggot if we met face to face.

>> No.3716611

>>3716486
Just accept that there will always be people better than you are. It sucks, but that's reality. But it's not necessarily being the best that's the most important thing, it's finding a level of enjoyment that can keep you going. Just find something you genuinely enjoy drawing (a specific subject, a comic, personal project etc) and you will stop caring about people being better than you.

>> No.3716612

>>3716611
Be careful. He might say you're projecting your inadequacies for accepting that people will be more skill than him in certain areas.

>> No.3716617

>>3716612
I said the other guy was projecting because he assumed I was doing it to be noticed. Fucking idiot. The dude is right, without having to project his feelings towards art onto a complete stranger.
He worded it less like a stupid cunt who assumes everyone around him is as stupid a cunt.

If you think the garbage you wrote was in anyway comparable to what he said you're delusional. But do go continue to tell people what they think and then whine when someone who does the same to you. I can't imagine making assumptions of somebody and then whining when they do it back.

If you draw for validation, that's fine, but don't assume others do and then insult them based on that.

>> No.3716619

>>3716617
OP, you said you had to go to work. Stop trying to defend yourself on a taiwanese watercolor dog portrait enthusiast internet channel

>> No.3716621

>>3716617
where do you live? I was being dead serious >>3716595

>> No.3716626

>>3716619
Yeah it's a 20 minute walk but my shift doesn't start until 9.
>>3716621
Indiana

>> No.3716632

>>3716626
cool, then I'm not gonna mail you my intuos, but do you want a bamboo?

>> No.3716640
File: 104 KB, 640x1136, 1533577949493.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3716626
>>3716632

>> No.3716641

>>3716632
Don't worry about it, anon. It'll take a while since I'm aiming for a bike but with enough time I can get a cheap tablet to work on. As long as I can draw until then it's fine.
This thread was just a shitpost poking fun at my mindset of 'unfairness' in someone improving. My defense posts makes me come off as completely serious about it but that was because the few that were replying to me were being hostile. Otherwise it's not too big of a deal. There is a hint of seriousness but it's mostly just me being ironic (If that's even the right word).

Plus I've been talking shit so I kinda don't want to give my address ahaha. I'm not as much of a cunt as this thread makes me seem. Just a bit frustrated is all.

>> No.3716644

>>3716537
You want a story anon? I'll give you a story. A year ago I had to drop out of uni because my dad accrued a lotta of debt and so I had to help him out by taking a bunch of odd jobs and shit. I have to see everyone who I had been friends with since childhood move on with their lives. They're moving up in life while I'm here helping out the senpai. The money that does get saved up goes towards my little brother's education because I honestly don't want him to a shitty future. I'm not saying you don't have the right to complain but be happy that you can do what you want. The only solution for me is to pay off the debts and wait out some years until I can actually afford to go back to uni again.

>> No.3716647

>>3716486
are you taking a break because you feel tired? or because you have an art block? why?
either way, it's okay to take a break. it helps you oxygenate your brain. even if you consider drawing just an hobby, it's a smart thing to do anyways. Just don't take too much breaks, or don't break your habits for too long.

>> No.3716653

>>3716641
>complains about being poor and living paycheck to paycheck
>anons come in with legitimate advice
>come in and straight up offer you a tablet for free
>haha it was just a shitpost and social experiment I can actually save for a tablet also please don't dox me I'm just buttbothered

What in the flying fuck, my guy?

>> No.3716664

I'm going to keep this thread alive until OP has the balls to come back

>> No.3716666

>>3716641
>Every opinion I hold is ironic you guys :)

>> No.3716667

>>3716647
Taking a break because I need a lot of time to save up for another. Especially since I have several things to worry about that don't include a art.
>>3716644
Hope you get through it man. I see where you're coming from and I do appreciate it so don't worry. Your frustration is warranted.

>>3716653
>come in and straight up offer you a tablet for free
Yeah, and I appreciate that but it requires giving my address to an anonymous person that could very well be the guy I was arguing with. Could turn out to be a psycho. I have people depending on me.
>haha it was just a shitpost and social experiment I can actually save for a tablet
I never said I couldn't save for a tablet, hence the 'take a break' part of the post.
>please don't dox me I'm just buttbothered
Me saying I was just frustrated was to explain why I was defending myself so much even though I explained that it was a shitpost. I'm not sure how you couldn't see this as anything other than a shitpost. I do feel bad for not being able to keep up but it's more of a passive thing than outright to the point where I'll legitimately get mad about it and get angry at anons.

Spin it however you want. That's irrelevant to me. I'll be back in 2 hours.

>>3716664
>The balls
Nigga I'm texting on the job, I'll see you in two hours.
>>3716666
Dishonest

>> No.3716670

>>3716666
Checked. Also I wonder just how many times the samefagged his thread.

>> No.3716671

>>3716670
A lot.

>> No.3716673

>>3716644
>>3716667
Now you are giving your life story? Holy shit, that first anon fucking called it, you are just an atention whore.

>> No.3716674

>>3716673
Samefag.
Op, you're pathetic.

>> No.3716676

>>3716673
This. Literally too busy backpedalling fellating himself to pick up a pencil.

>> No.3716681

>>3716673
>>3716676
You do realize the second one is OP judging by the context and the first one is replying to one of OPs posts?
I don't know what this is supposed to mean.

>> No.3716682

>>3716673
thats another anon pal

>> No.3716683

lmao this thread is retarded and OP is always a faggot, smell you later fags

>> No.3716686
File: 12 KB, 188x264, 1541534739425.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>I was only pretending to be lazy: the thread
Holy shit this entire fucking thread. Sage and hide.

>> No.3716695
File: 28 KB, 488x463, 1521928122557.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>ITT a bunch of retards taking mentally handicapped OPs not-evern-funny post too seriously and then backpeddling by gaslighting when it was obvious from the start
Never change you fucking garbage board. You're all genuinely retards who can't detect a """joke""" from a mile away and OP is an unfunny retard who gets too defensive when anonymous users challenge his morale.

>> No.3716708

>>3716686
To be lazy in what way? In the people only assumed he/she was lazy until they corrected them. He's/shes a whiny bitch but don't sit here and lie.

>> No.3716722

>>3716708
>still only 14 unique IP
If you're going to defend yourself, at least do it openly, OP

>> No.3716727
File: 3 KB, 121x132, IMG_20171023_135900-2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3716722
>still only 14 unique IP
You just posted and yet the IP count didn't go up. Samefag much?

>> No.3716732

>>3716727
You have no idea what that word means. Lmao later senpai

>> No.3716734
File: 27 KB, 890x288, Screenshot_99.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3716671
>>3716722
Jokes about your retardedness aside, it's because I already posted. This is me.
Didn't know I needed to be OP to see how much of a dishonest faggot you are.
>>3716732
That's because I was making fun of how retarded this post is. The fact that OP needs to samefag for anyone to call you retards out.

>> No.3716738
File: 255 KB, 1312x2560, Screenshot_20181211-075807.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3716734
This just goes to show how retarded this thread has been.

>> No.3717324

>>3716666
>Every opinion I hold is ironic you guys :)
I said the post was ironic, not my opinion. It's not even a fucking opinion, it's just me being frustrated at my circumstances and taking it out with a throwaway post. I was half-expecting for the thread to die with maybe a few people relating to it and explaining how they deal with that kind of thing.
I didn't expect an autist to come in and accuse me of only drawing for attention just because I don't want to be left behind. As it's more of an ego thing, not me trying to impress them. On one hand I can find a part of me that doesn't mind it because I'm doing it as a hobby and on the other hand it makes me feel inferior because they were given such a head-start in the field I was aiming for.

It's all relative though.

Sorry I took so long to reply. I completely forgot about this thread.

>> No.3717592
File: 1 KB, 200x100, yeAH.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i watched someone become so much better than me doing over 100 fully finished traditional drawings in this whole year that blow my measly 10 amateur digital failures out of the water. and now the same general friend group is flooded with artists all that are all either that good or at least just better than me. every last one of them also works for most of the day too while i don't even have a job.

and none of them ever had to resort to grinding basic shapes or studying from books for months to achieve that.

im literally never going to reach their level and they will continue to improve in spite of their mental issues while i suffer and make dumb decisions as a result of the same problems. and then to top it all off another person commissioned a drawing idea i've had for months and the person they got to do it made it so much better than i could ever hope to

i hope you can get money for a paint set soon or fix your tablet or start off strong after your break. i kinda can't tell what your problem is anymore cause all the replies are just flaming and i wanted to vent.

>> No.3717679

draw more

>> No.3717888

>>3717592
Fuuuck, I understand that feeling. Feels like garbage, man.
I can suggest a few things for you, but promise not to take it as me accusing you of not doing these things. If you do, that's great, but it wouldn't hurt to say if you didn't, right?

When studying things, think hard, don't just draw or copy. Think about things in simple shapes, lines and curves. When studying stuff I look for the most simplified line to get across the shape. I look for the relationship between the entire form.

Trace over things you can't manage to copy but want to simplify. It's a good way to make what you're seeing easier without worrying about everything else.

Look at other artist's interpretations of what you're trying to draw. For example when I study hands I don't see the subtleties until I actually look at how other artists draw them. Then it becomes more recognizable.

Make a habit of trying to memorize what something looks like. Like deliberately practicing looking at an object and picturing it in your head. Try to remind yourself to look at objects during your day and at the end of the day try to recall what they look like. This will force your brain to remind you to prioritize memorizing what things look like.
This is a slightly altered method used by people so they can improve their memory. I'm assuming it works just as well for objects. I've done it and improved a lot but try it for yourself. But for all I know it could be placebo.
Either outcome you'll be improving your memory. Also draw the objects to the best of your ability, only referencing your mind.

Iterative drawing has helped me a lot in figuring out my "style"

Gesture drawing of course.

You could try learning about animal anatomy. You'll see exaggerated features of humans on some and it might give you epiphanies that can be key to your improvement.

You probably already do all of this but just in case anyone is struggling with the same thing.
>>3717679
Anything 4 u bb

>> No.3717982

>>3716486
>He takes breaks
lol
Though, if you feel depressed or burnt out, do take a break. It helps a lot- both mentally and at learning. Correctly spaced repetition is found to be better at retaining in studies:
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00221309.1965.9711263?journalCode=vgen20
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/2372732215624708
(and a fuckton of other studies and experiements that I assume you have the intellectual capacity to find by yourself)
Also, repetition is definitely necessary, but competency > repetition is what I've learned so far. A month of competency will blow away a few multiple months of just brainless repetition. Critique yourself, fix your mistakes the next time. Think for hours if you want to, you'll eventually grasp what you did wrong, and eventually fix it.

>> No.3717993

>>3717982
Any advice on competency? I'm know about it and maintain it but I wouldn't purposefully miss any potentially helpful and new ideas.

>> No.3718007

>>3717993
I think you already know what I'm saying if you're mindful about what you're doing. Pretty simple, and as far as I know, applies to most skills- it's about partitioning your problems, problem solving, correcting mistakes and trying to avoid these mistakes as much as possible before you start the work. So I don't know if there's much I can say, but here goes: Basically, it comes to knowing what you're drawing, and by that I mean truly knowing what you're drawing.
Some examples that come off the top of my head- Is what you're drawing 2D? Does it have 3D forms? What kind of detail does it have? Is something wrong with your workflow?
For example, you might be drawing something, and it might look disproportionate. Maybe you didn't consider the form of what you're drawing, and drew it as a collection of 2D shapes, or your control on your hands isn't great(could be something entirely different). Now you'll study the 3D forms of what you're drawing(something you should've tried to do before beginning the drawing), and apply that to your next one, or you'll do line practice, etc. For another example, does your stuff look empty? Make your details proportionate to your piece's scale. If you have a 10000x10000 resolution piece, a uniform color for a shade and implications won't do it(unless it's supposed to), so add more detail. If you have a smaller resolution image, you'll have to add less details. A good example of this would be >>3716390. If the dog was smaller, the amount of detail would've been fine, but it's bigger, so like >>3717176 advised, adding details is the way to go.
Also, it doesn't always mean that it'll result in less repetition. Some times thinking will lead to repetition, like trying to draw in 3D or getting good lines and hand eye coordination- but regardless, you'll probably be spending your time correctly and save much more time as opposed to just bruteforcing.

>> No.3718018

>>3718007
Thanks, I appreciate it. Hopefully others can take something from this instead of the arguing above.

>> No.3718321

>>3716486
>tfw keep having art blocks

>> No.3718889

>>3717888
i actually don't do most of that. thank you, this is the nicest response i could have gotten from anywhere. i'll try to work on some of this maybe an hour from now since my confidence is starting to come back, just gotta relax a bit first. i lost my collection of basic image refs to study from but it's nothing i can't replace real quick.

good luck on your future work!