[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 73 KB, 420x852, 1440130178342.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3654575 No.3654575 [Reply] [Original]

Anime is holding you back from progressing. The sooner you drop anime is the sooner you can become good.
>but you should practice both fundies and anime at the same ti-
No. Just stop anime.

>> No.3654580

>>3654575
If there were a secret......

>> No.3654582

>The east has moe blob anime shit
>The west has faggy cape shit

Where do I go to draw good art!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>> No.3654587

>>3654575
define"good"
if its anything close to ruan jia or capeshit no thanks

>> No.3654589

>>3654582
Draw from life.

>> No.3654607

>>3654575
But I want to draw anime. I don't want to draw something else. If I drop anime I'll just stop drawing completely.

>> No.3654609

>anime is holding you back
>but not a single d/ic/k can draw anime at decent level
really makes you think doesnt it?

>> No.3654612

Imagine you practice and study real hard but end up drawing like in OP's pic.
I'd probably kill myself in shame.

>> No.3654625

>>3654612
Still better than you, and yet you are still alive...

>> No.3654628

>>3654582
europe

>> No.3654647

>>3654575
I agree, the second I walked away from anime and started studying loomis and more western shit, I improved faster then I ever could have imagined.
>>3654607
Anime art is for people who already know what they're doing so just quit now if that's your mentality.

>> No.3654648

>>3654607
This. Who gives a fuck about anything but anime?

>> No.3654650

that why ic is shit and you should never follow any advice here
>i walked away from anime
>i improved a lot from western stuff
>still cant draw anime or post his work as proof
sasuga opinion right there.

>> No.3654682

>>3654650
>>3654607

My dudes, I'm not saying turn your back on what you love and start doing "western stuff" (what does that mean?). But if you just stop drawing anime and admire it from afar for,oh I dunno maybe 2 years or so of intense practice, you can stop letting the bad habits of anime get in the way of your progress. And this is coming from someone who loves anime a bit too much.

Don't let your love become so much poison to your success. There is too much corner cutting in anime because the people doing it professionally know what they're doing and you don't.
>>3654609
Everyone here aka the people confined to the generals and not the users who post to promo threads and never participate outside that thread can't draw anime decently because all they ever do is anime, and do it poorly.
>>3654587
You don't have to give anime up to be Ruan Jia. All I'm saying is stop doing gook shit for a good while and learn to learn before dipping back into gook shit. If you do gook shit at the same time like I see such advice perpetuated around here 24/7 along with your fundies you'll end up like 99% of the people on here and on DAD; unable to advance.

>> No.3654728

>/a/ drawthread best artists
>q:how do i draw anime like you?
>r:anon just [draw,copy,trace,steal] from anime everyday for years
>japs on how to draw
>i just trace,draw the comic i like for years thats how i learned.
>random anon on /ic/ with not a single piece of art linked to it
>just waste a lot of time on other stuff that isnt anime that sure will magically improve your anime and sense of aesthetics
dunno anon i feel like you have no arguments in here but feel free to post your before after pics

>> No.3654732

>>3654728
>anon just [draw,copy,trace,steal] from anime everyday for years
Liar. Most tell you to come to this board and look at the resources. Others say they've been doing it ever since they were kids like most people here. That's just your confirmation bias kicking in.
>i just trace,draw the comic i like for years thats how i learned.
point me to a source of a jap saying that. I'll wait.
>just waste a lot of time on other stuff that isnt anime that sure will magically improve your anime and sense of aesthetics

Sure, we have anime study thread as living proof. I'm sure a lot of growing pros are coming out of that general. Totally not sarcasm.

>> No.3654735
File: 458 KB, 2192x980, 1540547567190.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is this what you mean by studying anime along side my fundamentals that you do once a week because you're too infatuated with the inability to let go of anime? By setting a chalk mark on how far anime wrongs you?

>> No.3654737

>>3654735
hot

>> No.3654740

lol, the murican comic tracing industry is dying because it's citizens and potential artists are all going for jap anime style or european comic style.

>> No.3654741

>>3654740

It's dying because the IPs are being use to push propaganda. Try again.

>> No.3654742

>>3654741
And I don't know why you guys keep bringing up cape shit. Is it because of the OP image? I was going to use a shitty smug anime girl but decided to spice it up a little.

>> No.3654765

>Others say they've been doing it ever since they were kids like most people here.
>except /ic/ can't draw anime
which means the only difference is they drew anime and still are meanwhile ic is busy shitposting about "making it",nitpicking the best artists around and grinding boxes.lmao.thanks for proving my point.

>point me to a source of a jap saying that. I'll wait.
any interview of maben series or any interview with mangakas where they ask how to get started or what it worked for him/her ever mr i love anime too much.also that interview with that mangaka and 1k sheet of paper.japs just copy anime over and OVER and OVER and over again until they learn all those subtle details that make anime .. well anime and not just a cheap imitation with thick lines and awful eyes

>this fresh new general which is just full of jap models instead of anime to copy is the proof that copying anime doesn't work
yep i am done here

>> No.3654777

>>3654765
>just copy anime over and OVER and OVER and over again until they learn all those subtle details that make anime ..

You're a fucking moron. Anime is an in-house style. Every sweatjob slanteye can do it because they get >>>paid<<< to do it. There is no need for that in the west because we don't advertise products with underage cartoon girls on billboards. There isn't some mystical waterfall sensei shouting "ichi, ni, san, shi!" to their students as they mark 18 by 24 sheets of newsprint full of anime eyes. Why is it that nobody here REFUSES to just go to a company website in Japanses and look at their job description? Or college website?

Are you guys deliberately being intellectually dishonest or do you honestly believe there is a "secret" to anime?

>> No.3654779

>>3654777
Also that gook on manben is either lying to you or being "humble" and saying the old "just practice" mantra while lost in translation.

>> No.3654798

https://www.onegai-kaeru.jp/2014/04/27/how-to-get-a-job-in-anime-industry-in-japan/

Anime college exists. In house training, tailored for specific studio. Getting into trigger is like getting into Harvard Vs JC Staff is the equivalent to a for profit.

>> No.3654803

>>3654777
>go to a company website in Japanses and look at their job description? Or college website?
Ok, since you can read nip, why don't you go and show us something?

>> No.3654928

>>3654803
I already did, Nimrod. Here for example sunrise job page faq
http://www.sunrise-inc.co.jp/recruit/faq.php

Mentions vocational school and the fact you do not need prior training. Just be good and the foundations of art and they will train you in their in house style. Of course those with prior training at an anime college have a upper hand in portfolio but it doesn't matter. A job is a job. Like any job. Why can't /ic/ do simple research?

Just like schools here there is a portfolio review for the studio students want jobs in out of school. It is the same exact shit. No secrets here. Obviously some Japanese can't go to college because of costs so they train by copying using alternate resources but their anime aesthetics are gained either on the job training or mentorship with mascara who are seasoned. Just be good at your foundation.

>> No.3654929

>>3654928
*seasoned mangaka

Sent from my iPhone x

>> No.3654936

>>3654575
is that underwear on his head

>> No.3654954

>the only secret to getting gud at drawing is to have fun at what you are doing and never forget to improve your craft
anime is simply more fun and that is all

>> No.3654956

>>3654954
More fun than what?

>> No.3654959

>>3654956
copying loomis

>> No.3654960

>all this effort to deviate the discussion from /ic/ cant draw anime because they actually dont copy/trace anime to /ic/ cant draw it because they lack the in-house training and because they dont get paid to learn anime
are you real anon?i know (you)s are everything for people with a pathetic life but i think is time to give up

>> No.3654969

>>3654960
From how I look at it, the anons are just trying to convince themselves Loomis is the one true way to git gud at drawing since they've dumped so many hours into it.
It is painful after all when some weeb who draws anime all day long can actually produce much better artworks than you are and is still having fun doing it.

>> No.3654995

>in-house training
LITERALLY SECRETS

>> No.3654996

>>3654959
Ah yes, the two things. Anime and copying loomis

>> No.3655003

>>3654969
I simply post what anon asked for and you go turn around and say I've convinced myself of something? Uhm hello, the freaking website says you don't need to be particularly be good at drawing anime, just be good at drawing in general. Having and in your reel improves your odds out of hundreds of applicants.

Go to all the studio websites and read up. This has nothing to do with anything I said in the Op though you are just goal posting. The purpose of bringing that up is because of the whole secret issue going on this board. Nothing stops anyone here from attending an anime college.

For God sakes they have an English portion on almost all college webpage for you to apply. Granted you need to know the language but money is no stranger to any nation. Nothing is stopping you from applying to the studios either, most say foreigners are welcome. However you need to be damn good at the foundations of art. You're already at a disadvantage to those who are in an anime college or not. And those who're native can study the aesthetics with supplemental content and or a private instructor who is in the industry who is trying to get into 4th he studio you want to work in.

Those aren't secrets that's just common fucking sense and I feel you all are deliberately refusing to acknowledge this.

>> No.3655008

>>3655003
BTW sent from my iPhone if I was at my desk I would compose my post properly with images.

>> No.3655012

>>3655008
Also going back to the manben man I guarantee he says to copy a lot because he himself probably could not afford to go to a school on Tokyo. Can you afford to go to art center? No. So why would it be different for any Japanese in one of the world's most prosperous cities?

We all start out copying. Copying can only take you so far. It will not get you to where you want to be.

>> No.3655021

Shit I know for certain I had some videos saved on YouTube for a rookie manga artist being mentored Evey single day. He had a bunch of videos daily of him and his sensei redlining his work. That's just another example of what I'm talking about.

If anyone knows the channel I'm talking about, I doubt it though because you're all idiots, then post it. Otherwise I'll have to go hunting for it when I get back.

Sent from my iPhone xs67

>> No.3655023

To be fair anime is better than garbage cape shit.

>> No.3655027

>>3655023
I don't care about cape shit either.

>> No.3655028

if you are talking about hinoe you are out of luck my dude he said to trace and copy stuff in few videos.next

>> No.3655029

Why are you taking a shit on the gook factor when you know that American comics are drawn the exact same way in reference to the manben dude? manben just exposes how the animus is drawn and that's it, which is no different than the America Chavez vomit bullshit being drawn here in Amerika.

Either style is readily available for anyone to pick up and git gud on so long as they show the initiative. In fact, you'd be stupid NOT to practice both art styles and git gud on both of them.

>> No.3655035

>>3655028
No not him. I'm talking about some random YouTube channel I found.

>> No.3655041

>>3655029
Continue being willfully ignorant. All the information is laid before your eyes as you scream and wail that all you need to make it in anime is to just copy anime. You can do both, yeah, but you'd get to your destination faster if you learn to draw properly first and not be a" let me do both at the same time while I'm beg because ic said so"meme. That's fine if you're 12 to 16 but you're an adult and should know better how to get what you want.

Or

You can end up like the people on the lore list of /ic/ who draw nothing but cartoons.

>> No.3655042

>>3654582
belgium

>> No.3655045

Stop bringing up cape comics just because I used a reaction image. Go take your meds.

>> No.3655052

>>3655041
So what's drawing properly to you, hot shot? Andrew Loomis? There are better semi-quasi masters out there who took that ability to lay down the foundation of a drawing and simplified the process, so don't come talking shit to me like some first year art class pussy who thinks he knows his shit about "learning how to draw".

In fact, I'm going to assume you don't draw because most art students would rather waste their time TALKING about the theory of drawing rather than doing the actual work.

>> No.3655053

>>3655041
The only one ignorant here is you, cheesedick. If you're going to talk shit about something, then you'd better be ready to back that shit up with work you do.

>> No.3655054

>>3655052
Yikes. Cool the projection. We already have a thraed to discuss theory which I frequent and 2 I'm not home right now so I can't do the work of drawing.
Cont...

>> No.3655057

>>3655041
And I'm not saying anything about copying the gooks, that manben shit is a good dose of reality when it comes to lifting the veil off the anumi drawing process. I was like, "Shit, the slants do it just like the comics do so , there goes that mystique", and then proceeded to do the same in my work.

>> No.3655058

>>3655052
2. Your 2nd point, drawing properly is discussed in loomis. Nobody here smart enough actually means to study just from his books but supplement his key points with classes. Etc.

You should know this. I don't need to explain it.

>> No.3655060

>>3655053
Oh boy. Continue to ignore those links upon hotbed links I posted. Just don't let reality hit you hard too much.

>> No.3655062

>>3655057
They also leave out that they help each other in groups with projects to help them get in the studio they want to gather more experience. Wait, you thought these little draw after a long day as a salary man, huh? Ask yourself simple questions....is this guy working at a 7/11 in Japan or is he in the industry.

And if he/she is then they got trained even more. How is it that hard to comprehend?

>> No.3655067

>>3655060
What the fuck do I care about getting a job in Japan? Working for a company like that is like the dream of working at SJW Marvel or not give Bill Finger his credit because of fuck you Bob Kane DC Comics.

Face it fly boy, you can't talk shit about the animus without taking a bite out of your shit cake, either.

>> No.3655068

>>3655067
I'll respond to you in a few hours.

>> No.3655072

>>3655062
Which manben shows, faggot. Same thing goes for comic book land, what, you think it's just a penciler's job to draw and that's it? That's why they have inkers, colors, letterers, and the same amount of staff helping out. Anyone who thinks that some Jap is creating the whole process is a fucking moron.

>> No.3655074

>>3654735
Nice, blog?

>> No.3655095

>>3654575
post your work, if you're better than me I will stop drawing anime.

>> No.3655100

>>3654647
>>3654682
Oh, I guess this advice is mainly aimed at people who just started drawing, /beg/ tier and whatnot. For someone who has been drawing daily since before they could read, I guess I come here more for advice on more advanced things. Drawing perspective and shading is, well, instinctual for me. It's a bit hard actually to understand how someone could not be able to just take the way something would look from a certain angle and distance and put it on paper.

>> No.3655219
File: 325 KB, 2000x2000, reimu 2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

it is

>> No.3655300

>>3655219
Sanae??

>> No.3655323

>>3655300
A slut??

>> No.3655342

>>3655219
Ngmi

>> No.3655361
File: 917 KB, 2000x2000, reimu 3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3655342
shit, back to square one

>> No.3655376

>>3655361
Well I've wasted all my tears
Wasted all of those years
And nothing had the chance to be good
'Cause nothing ever could

>> No.3655468
File: 67 KB, 470x310, jam_photo1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3655067
Okay so now that I have time to properly read these posts and respond, this reads like you had a seizure. The link I posted:
https://www.onegai-kaeru.jp/2014/04/27/how-to-get-a-job-in-anime-industry-in-japan/

Is a general list of the common (not all, obviously duh) studios that openly accept foreign applicants provided you
1) Know Japanese.

However this isn't even a 100% requirement IF and only if you're so bad ass that they'll give you a translator to properly communicate within the pipeline. There are foreigners working in Japanese anime industry. I'm sure they're out there with blogs on their stories but they're not talked about on /ic/ because all /ic/ cares about is Ruan Jia spam and monthly sycra, yev, sakimi threads.

2) Continuing from 1 "so bad ass" meaning you're technically proficient in the foundations of art. Classical training is attractive here. If you want to compete with the Japs on their level you need to have anime in your portfolio. Which brings us to if you should attend an anime college which the answer is yes. Can you make it without an anime college as a foreigner? Yes.

Should you draw anime at the same time as trying to build up a foundation? No. >>3655100 You're exactly right. However this is aimed at people who draw anime and fundies at the same time, deluding themselves that they will progress faster at the rate of someone just purely going in for raw skill (the point of this thread).

This is the same kind of conversation Japs would have on their 4chans or whatever. "Do I need to go to school?" The answer? To stay competitive, and to get a foot in the door to big name studios is highly competitive, it's a yes. But that doesn't mean a Japanese can't make it. There are other alternatives such as mentorship, internship at a studio, forming a study group, and more.

Now I can go on and on about this but that can be for another thread?

>> No.3655471

>>3655468
Alsoooooooooo

damn I had so much to talk about when I got home but I forgot it all. I will look for that youtube channel in the meantime and if I remember I'll bring it up or just make another thread.

>>3655219
Ain't she the cutest?
>>3655095
I probably am better than you. I'm not amazing, either. I'm not posting my work, though. No work of mine needs to be online attached to my name.

>> No.3655478

Can anybody saying "I improved dramatically by walking away from anime" post their work?
Not trying to be an ass but I only believe people when they have something to show for it
Saying "i have improved so dramatically" without posting your work makes me not believe you

>> No.3655479

>>3654575
/ic/ is holding you back from progressing. The sooner you drop /ic/ and their stupid threads is the sooner you can become good.

>> No.3655480
File: 80 KB, 1024x678, 1538048047602m.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3655471
>I probably am better than you
>I'm not posting my work, though
LMAO

>> No.3655484

>>3655478
I mean i believe it, but the notion that drawing anime on the side being a deterrent is fucking retarded

>> No.3655487

>>3655479
I can't do that. I love you guys too much.

>> No.3655490
File: 550 KB, 728x720, 1455777128211.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3655487
y-you too...

>> No.3655576

>>3654682
Retarded advice. ALWAYS aim to work practically. Do finished products for the industry you want to work in. This is the only way of evoiding wasting time on things you don't need to know and to know what things you should prioritize.
If you can evoid entire blocks of fundamentals by cutting corners, then you don't need them anyways, and if they are truly necesary, it would be noticeable on you work and you would know to work on them.

Of course, this advice relies ln the basic ability to see that, for example, perspective is the most obvious flaw in your latest works so you should study that next. But if you lack that basic common sense, I think you are NGMI anyways.

>> No.3655580

>>3655576
You probably think someone who wants to play jazz should just start improvising, too, don’t you retard? Visual art is a language, just like music, like like the written word, just like math. You don’t start writing books in a “style” until you learn letters, and then words, and the sentences, then paragraphs, then entire essays and even theses. You’re a fucking moron if you think you should just look at the surface level aspects of any craft and copy it. Not even that anon but fuck your anti intellectual nonsense. NGMI

>> No.3655582

>>3655576
ctrl+F portfolio

I know you're special needs but portfolio generally means finished work. To which I mentioned 3+ times. Your post is useless.

>> No.3655880

>>3655580
Learning letters and sentences is equivalent to learning how to hold a pencil and make lines, of course you star by that, retard, because it's literally imposible to continue without that.
But once you have the most basic "skill", you should start working right away on your subject matter, if you want to write horror stories, you should be writting horror stories. Not learning about the whole theory of literature.

>You’re a fucking moron if you think you should just look at the surface level aspects of any craft and copy it.
I never say that, learn to read and think a little, sperg.

>>3655582
>I said that eventually you need to make a portfolio
How does that change the main point that is about how you should study?
How dumb are you?

>> No.3655895

>>3655880
>How does that change the main point that is about how you should study?

Whoa there Dracula, how does that change the main point that it's not finished work? You're not making any sense an I suggest you lost this.

>> No.3655901

Concept art crabs can't demotivate the weebs. Try harder next time

>> No.3655906
File: 965 KB, 1000x742, whj3w543.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3655901
What if you want to be a concept artist for anime? What now, nigggggua?

>> No.3655908

>>3655906
How to design cute anime clothes?

>> No.3655916

>>3655908
By learning how to draw real clothes. I feel you, I went out of my way to just take a class on it because there is barely anything on the internet about clothes.

>> No.3655923

>>3655895
>You shouldn't draw anime while starting to study for 2 years (>>3654682)
>Yes you should (>>3655576)
>But I said portfolios! Porfolio is finished work! You make no sense!

Funny how you called me retarded but then can't follow a string of basic arguments.
I disagree that you need to distance yourself from your goal for two years to study. You recognicing that you should come back to your goal eventually doesn't change anything of the argument. What part you do not understand? Do I need to use shorter words with you or something?

>> No.3655932

>>3655923

>What part you do not understand?

What part do YOU understand? Are you that impatient to want to do the "fun" things before you're actually competent?

Everyone who draws before adulthood, like you (hopefully) and me, didn't distance themselves from what they liked. But when you're an adult I stand by that you should stop drawing like a child and buckle up your big boy pants and get serous work in.

I clearly explained why that is by bringing up how competitive the anime industry is and how the Japanese artists gain their talent in the style.

Stay with me now. Because I know you're slow.

Japanese pro tell you to copy. Because when starting, like children, we all copy. That's how we gain interest. This isn't a Japanese exclusive advice. Want to get good at actually drawing? Learn your foundation and stop drawing anime.

That does not mean. Drop your interest in why you picked it up. You now have a goal why you're training so hard unlike most people who are aimless and just get into drawing because "porn" or patreon.

I will make a 2nd post because you're slow.

>> No.3655934

>>3655932
When Japanese get serious, they practice the foundation. Some are fortunate to get into anime college to get the upper edge. Others are suffering salary men who hire mentors to teach them after a long day at Watanabe's office.

And others are 7/11 boys who are doing everything they can to build up a portfolio of strong work to get into the door.

Open your eyes. The Japanese you see on YOUTUBE giving advice to copy are in the place they want to be because they trained and got proper training from all the things I mentioned ITT so far and I'm not repeating it. The links tell you about this. The internet has information about this.

It's not a secret. You're much better off first dropping anime for a while and then picking it back up and finding a way to properly learn the "tricks" to authentic anime.

>> No.3655935

>>3655934
Hell some are just NEET losers in their mothers shoebox apartment who have all day to draw and don't have /ic/ to shitpost on. Do I need to even say the advantage they have?

>> No.3655953
File: 224 KB, 639x1034, oh no no no no noooooooooo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

here is something I saved a while back

>> No.3655962

>>3655932
>>3655934
>>3655935
>I will just ignore my complete spergery of not being able to follow the conversation while still being condecending.
I will be happy to continue the discussion about which method is better, but I won't just let you just swep under the rug the fact that you went completly retarded and couldn't understand how
>But I said portfolios!
Is not a refutal to my original comment.

In regards to the actual arguments, you just repeated the same shit you already said, I'm convinced now that you just can't follow how discussions work.
Anyways, what you say would work like that if all niches of art used the exact same fundamentals, but this isn't the case. If you want to draw character concept art, knowing composition is secondary, if you want to design environments for videogames, knowing anatomy is very low on the priority list. If you want to make manga, color theory is not the most important thing.
These priorites are only known when you actually try to make a finished product. Just trying to study all of the fundamentals without any understanding of which ones are usefull to you and to what extend is what leads to begs wasting months on Scott Robertson when their end goal is portraits or shit like that, or comic artists grinding extremely technical anatomy instead of page layout. Or illustrators grinding rendering over composition and storytelling.

Also, and for the record, I don't care for drawing anime, I'm not a weeb, but this principle aplies to any niche of visual art and any art form in general.

>> No.3655975

>>3655962
>Also, and for the record, I don't care for drawing anime,

Then my friend, you're wasting your time. I speak to those who draw anime and try to learn fundies at the same time only. It's holding said people back. The very first sentence of this thread >>3654575

People who want to draw waifus aren't really looking to draw from scott robertson, now are they? That's moronic. Maybe you're thinking I mean go do a bunch of irrelevant crap before drawing anime girls. No.

If you read loomis as a guide, you can discern what fundies you need for your goal. Loomis is directed at commercial illustration. Anime is literally commercial illustration. You stick with loomis and you dont have to sway away into other things you don't need to know or think aren't as important. I'd reckon however, perspective is pretty important, just not as important as Robertson.

>> No.3655977

>>3655975
Also lets just ignore >>3655953 mentions about mentorship from an actual industry vet in Japan.
Anyway I'm bored of this topic now and I'm not gonna waste any more time. So this is my last post.

>> No.3656006

>tldr of the whole thread
>do whatever i say without proof and waste 2 years on grinding fundies you will never need because i say so,even if mangakas said they copied/traced other sensei to learn manga/anime in multiple sources but they are lying,ALL lying.
>japs have schools and mentorship you will never have so just give up! even if mangakas themselves said that it doesnt matter that much you just need to draw.
>/a/ can draw anime without any of that shit but god knows what secret they are holding!! even if they share the same materials and books /ic/ has.
this my friends is your brain on memes and phone posting

>> No.3656009

>>3656006
/a/ can't draw shit

>> No.3656010

>>3656009
/jp/ on the otherhand can. Funny they arent even the anime board.

>> No.3656023

>>3655479
This is the only truth in this thread and the whole of 4chan right now.

>> No.3656026

>>3654575
Stylization and naturalism are unrelated skills and you would know this if you could perform either.

>> No.3656027

>>3656026
you wanna go? Throw down those gloves, boy?

>> No.3656030

Yeah that's what I thought. Now sit your fuck down less you get curb stomped in skill,.

>> No.3656032
File: 456 KB, 900x1200, johannes-voss-ruze-reg-final.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3655478
If anything we have an example of the opposite with Johannes Voss who came here for a little while when Jana Schirmer dropped him and conceptart.org died. He tried to learn to stylize after refusing to do any stylization during his apprenticeship because it would "diminish his learning" and what he got was this shit.

Stylization is a fundamental skill of visual communication and design. You can't become worse at other fundamentals by learning stylization and you can't draw cartoons without learning stylization no matter how good you are at construction, anatomy and perspective.

Stop being retarded.

>> No.3656033

>>3656032
Is that supposed to be a good example? Because you need to try again.

>> No.3656035

>>3656033
Are you illiterate?

>> No.3656036

>>3656035

Are you legally blind?

>> No.3656037

>>3656036
You are illiterate.

>> No.3656038

>>3656037

You are legally blind.

>> No.3656039

>>3656038
No, he’s deaf actually

>> No.3656050

>>3656006
Anons giving advices without practicing them. What a surprise

>> No.3656053

>>3656050
anons projecting without even knowing anon. what a surprise.

>> No.3656060

>>3656053
But your words will have no weight without any proofs

>> No.3656071

>>3656060
What weight do I need to unload when it should be common sense?

You're born> You draw w/ crayons as a babby> you graduate to moms fridge>you might continue to draw if peers say "you're talented" or discouraged (this is where most people stop doodling>you continue to take up intrest by copying images you like from others> you decide to practice along side drawing anime>at this point you decide if it's your hobby or if you want to be serious about making a living out of this (this is where boys become men or pursue something else because they were told they weren't talented/see they aren't talented after all)>actually practice the basics for real>????>professional grade work

This is the path that 99% people go through unless you start late in life. And then you're told "lol just copy" which is the part in the timeline where artists are asking beginners "do you like drawing? or are you in it for the money?" What is the motivation? The best advice is to just draw or just copy to see if you like drawing.

>> No.3656077

>>3656071
Cool post but tldr. What does it have to do with dropping anime style to improve?

>> No.3656082

>>3656077

I explained it several times, my low IQ friend...

Could you give a refutable response not to draw anime? Convince the lurkers here why you think so.

>> No.3656083

>>3656082
I mean *to not drop anime?

>> No.3656089

>>3656082
>>3656083
Guess there was a misunderstanding then. I do draw anime in a medium and actually inspired someone to do the same. I still hate my unpolished work though.

>> No.3656093

>>3656089
Flatty?

>> No.3656105

>>3656093
Oh look, I guessed right and scared him off. If it's you then I can gauge your skill from mine compared to just an anon.

>> No.3656109

>>3656093
>>3656105
Nope, I was active 7 years ago but decided to put down drawing from self-hating. Just decided to check this section after having another knack to draw

>> No.3656125

>>3656109
That's something flatty would say. Don't be shy, just reveal yourself.

>> No.3656127

>>3656125
Or don't, I don't want to throw acid on you.

>> No.3656176

Who the hell is flatty, does anyone have any links to his work to see how shit he is?

>> No.3656178

>>3656176
He's (you).

>> No.3656192

>>3655975
>If you are a weeb then you disagree with me just because you are a weeb
>Oh, you arent a weeb? Then you can't comment about this

>People who want to draw waifus aren't really looking to draw from scott robertson
If you send them to just study fundamentals without drawing actual anime most begs would try to learn Scott Robertson to an autistic degree.
>Maybe you're thinking I mean go do a bunch of irrelevant crap before drawing anime girls
They will go to learn irrelevant crap because they don't have any way of knowing what is relevant and to what extent.

>If you read loomis as a guide, you can discern what fundies you need for your goal.
Completly false. Half the threads on this entire board and the "Loomis is a lie!" meme prove exactly the opossite.

>Loomis is directed at commercial illustration.
If you don't realize the difference between 50's american illustration and todays illustration, and how different the knowledge needed to make each of them is, then you are beyond saving.

>> No.3656200
File: 99 KB, 734x1050, Loomis-5-p&#039;s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3656192
>Completly false. Half the threads on this entire board and the "Loomis is a lie!" meme prove exactly the opossite.

Not my fault more than half this board has very low intelligence. It explains what you need to focus on if you want to get in to commercial illustration in the very first few pages. Loomis never, not once, told you to somehow take his book as gospel.

The only lie here is Robertson doing a dick move by calling it "how to draw" just so that his book catches massive results in Amazons SEO when weeb children are looking for H2D books and stumble across his book. His book is completely unnecessary for anime girls.
>If you don't realize the difference between 50's american illustration and todays illustration,
I'm sorry, did the fundamentals change dramatically within the last 50 years or are we still learning pic related?

>> No.3656201
File: 128 KB, 717x1050, Loomis-5-c&#039;s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3656200

>> No.3656230

>>3656200
>>3656201

I admit defeat. You won.

>> No.3656233
File: 187 KB, 1440x900, 795866_original.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3656230
That's unexpected. But It's good to know where you stand.

>> No.3656310

>>3654575
Pretty sure this is a bait thread with fucking Fantomex as the OP pic. Faggot character, OP. Shit taste.

>> No.3656316 [DELETED] 
File: 1.13 MB, 2799x3608, 27b. baint? level 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3654582
>Where do I go to draw good art!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the intranette

>> No.3656321
File: 553 KB, 1053x651, Illustration.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3656230.
>>3656233
This is not me, either you are samefagging or this is the most lame atempt at shitposting ever.

>>3656200
>Not my fault more than half this board has very low intelligence.
But you are giving them advice saying that this is the way to go. If your advice doesn't work with the people you are addressing, aka, most begginers, then it's retarded advice, just as I said in my first post. Are you braindead?

>Loomis dind't say his word is gospel
I never said he did. Can you go through a single post without strawmaning? Stop pretending I have a problem with Loomis, I love Loomis, I have a problem with the retarded shit YOU are saying. You are the retard, not Loomis or Robertson.

>I'm sorry, did the fundamentals change dramatically within the last 50 years
YES. Yes they did, you absolute brainlet. Look at pic related and try to tell me they are using the same principles and to the same extent.
>Inb4: hurr durr, color theory is the same, so it's composition
No, they are not.

>> No.3656340
File: 50 KB, 308x476, chanelpink.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3656321
>Look at pic related and try to tell me they are using the same principles and to the same extent.

How can one man body bag himself so much in one day and the day isn't even over yet holy shit. Are you legit saying the pic on the right is not using the same principles? That the guy on the right is just some prophet of art?

Do save yourself right now. Because the right image is literally stealing from 50s.
>But you are giving them advice saying that this is the way to go.
It kinda is. Your art teacher in grade school told you stay away from anime, he was kinda right to a degree.
> Stop pretending I have a problem with Loomis, I love Loomis
Oh you got a problem with loomis alright. You proceed to post a picture telling me the principles loomis covers isn't being used today in the image on the right. I can just feel my braincells dropping having to respond to you.

Also not samefagging. You don't have to come back after a beating.

>> No.3656347

So /ic/ really is all about trying really hard to stifle other people's progress as much as you can with bullshit advice after all.

>> No.3656349

>>3656347
dont talk in 3rd person and respond back like a man

>> No.3656350

>>3656347
Pretty much. Anyone who takes /ic/ seriously is retarded.

>> No.3656353

Anyone who takes this thread seriously, is retarded.

>> No.3656354

>>3656347
I dunno, that guy seems to be making some pretty valid points!

>> No.3656356

>>3656347
How can anons stifle you? Just turn off your monitor. Like walk away from the screen.

>> No.3656357

>>3654607
Haha wow NGMI

>> No.3656360

>>3656200
>>3656201

I have never seen this in loomis; which book is this in? Those 2 pages make things so clear on where to go with art.

>> No.3656369

>>3656360
Successful Drawing

>> No.3656372
File: 67 KB, 660x440, shutterstock_47181787-660x440.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3656321

>> No.3656377
File: 271 KB, 565x459, OP is a sperg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3656349
So your spergery continues.

>>3656340
> Are you legit saying the pic on the right is not using the same principles?
Okay, it seems like you are completly braindead, so let's brake this down for the couple of anon that maybe fall for your retarded advice:

Fundamentals that use the image on the left:
>Perspective,
>3d construcction,
>Anatomy,
>realistic rendering of light,
>natural looking compostion and
>realistic use of colors.

Fundamentals on the image of the right:
>morphology and gestalt
>Heavy iconic abstraction
>Visual rhetoric
>Composition defined by gestalt
>Minimalist, flat color pallete

Just the first three fundamentals of the left image take years to practice and have almost no use on the right one.
Not to mention that if you studied Loomis composition, almost everything happenig on the right illustration is breaking the rules. Of course this is because the principles Loomis gives are for achieving natural, realistic compositions, but you wouldn't know that if you were just a beg.
I use Loomis principles of composition on my paintings because I do want to achieve a natural look, but since I'm not an absolute retard, I would not send someone that wants to do the illustration of the right to go study Loomis, I would tell them to read Wucius Wong or Scott McCloud.

>Let me tell you how you feel about Loomis
Okay, retard.

>> No.3656388

>>3656377
As a German, I hate it when I keep reading anglos using the word Gestalt as if it meant something completely different, if have no idea what you people mean when you say it, at least the usual meaning doesn't fit at all.

>> No.3656392

>>3656377
Seems like we're goalposting again, huh? Loomis didn't invent principles, he is just pointing out established agreements in his books. I'm sure if I took time out of my day I can find a timeless book covering things loomis didn't mention in his paperthin book placed in candy stores.
>Not to mention that if you studied Loomis composition, almost everything happenig on the right illustration is breaking the rules
Now we're talking about breaking rules? So we agree the rules mentioned in loomis haven't suddenly evaporated into the skylight? Okay great.

So are we talking about abstract shit now or are we talking about literal commercial illustration of the 50s still being applied to anime today because those principles haven't changed all that much? Or is it a strong attempt from you to goal post? Which is it?

>> No.3656395
File: 1.22 MB, 1189x1227, Gestalt.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3656388
wikipedia org/wiki/Gestalt_psychology

In spanish is also called Gestalt, btw.

>> No.3656396

>>3656353
Anyone who takes 4chan seriously is retarded.

>> No.3656403

>>3656395
So they took the word and did so much theory that belongs to it now, that the every day usage and the "academic" one completely diverged. At least I can rest about this now, I didn't know they redefined it.

>> No.3656406

>>3656392
>Seems like we're goalposting again, huh? Loomis didn't invent principles, he is just pointing out established agreements in his books. I'm sure if I took time out of my day I can find a timeless book covering things loomis didn't mention in his paperthin book placed in candy stores.
More and more strawman. You are not even trying now.

>Now we're talking about breaking rules? So we agree the rules mentioned in loomis haven't suddenly evaporated into the skylight? Okay great.
Yes, The rules Loomis gives for composition still exist in world where other other authors formulate different rules. You sure got me there.
They both use different compositional rules, different frameworks, it's not so hard to understand. Playing retarded isn't going to help you.

>So are we talking about abstract shit now or are we talking about literal commercial illustration of the 50s still being applied to anime today because those principles haven't changed all that much?
The principles described on Loomis books are not the same being used on the illustration of the right. Thats the point. Now that you are cornered to dening this obvious fact in order to maintain your retarded advice you want to reset the conversation.
Then again, since the start you couldn't follow a basic chain of arguments, so maybe you are not pretending and this is just your regular level of retardation.

>>3656403
It's not so extrange anon, Art Nouveau doesn't refer to any art that is new either, this is how academic terms normally work.

>> No.3656408

Still haven't explained in what way learning to stylize will make your other fundamentals worse.

It's almost like you're full of shit.

>> No.3656409

>>3656406
>You are not even trying now.
You damn right I'm not. And not for reasons you're trying to imply. It's hot here and I'm tired of repeating myself.

And I need to get back to drawing. You should, too, if you even draw that is.

>> No.3656411

>>3656406
>The principles described on Loomis books are not the same being used on the illustration of the right. Thats the point. Now that you are cornered to dening this obvious fact in order to maintain your retarded advice you want to reset the conversation.
uhm no. Those words should be used for you. You're dragging me into a conversation that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic header.

>> No.3656425

>>3656409
>>3656411
"You're dragging me into a conversation that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic header."
No, the subject it's the same, I just moved to a more obvious example were even your retarded ass realizes how stupid it looks to keep trying to defend your arguments.

And even if the argument were offtopic, who would take advice on fundamentals from a guy thats is honestly trying to argue that a flat vector illustration requires to know anatomy, perspective, and 3d shapes as defined by light and shadow? A retard that thinks those two images are using the same principles?

>I'm tired of repeating myself.
You continually sperged out and had to have countless of strawmans explained to you, stop pretending like you are the one that had to explain himself over and over..

Anyway, I think most BEG anons would of realized how much of a retard you are by this point, so it's okay for me if this thread dies now.

>> No.3656432

>>3656425
>who would take advice on fundamentals from a guy thats is honestly trying to argue that a flat vector illustration requires to know anatomy, perspective, and 3d shapes as defined by

You're the type of nigguana who likes to put words in peoples mouths, huh? Cause I never said that.

Can't believe I have to stoop to your level by using reddit spacing to get my point across.

Loomis is a timeless book that still applies to commercial anime illustration. Period. I posted a flat style drawing >>3656340 here, you seemed to ignore it to drive your nonsense into the ground.
>You continually sperged out and had to have countless of strawmans explained to you, stop pretending like you are the one that had to explain himself over and over..

Again, has nothing to do with the OP topic. Your attempt to make me look bad in my own thread failed the minute you kept responding with moronic rhetoric. At this point I 100% know who I'm talking to. I want to thank you for giving me dna samples of your posting style.

>> No.3656435

op you looked retarded and full of shit since 70 posts ago when you started sperging about anime school and anime business just let it die already.nobody is gonna fall for your shit not even the most beg moron on this board

>> No.3656436

>>3656432
And who might that be? Only a few people on here care so much to challenge others opinions as if it were to "mislead" onlurkers. This type of behavior comes from a leader like minded individual.

I think you know where I'm getting at.

>> No.3656439

>>3656435
see
>>3656372

>> No.3656446

i like being right and getting (you)s my friend and you are actually falling for it so why not.i am following your retarded ass until end of time

>> No.3656456

>progressing
>good
At what? People are inevitably going to talk past each other with a vague OP like this.

OP attacking anime instead of cartooning in general suggests that he's a salty newfag though

>> No.3656460
File: 418 KB, 1099x701, OP is a retard.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3656432
>You're the type of nigguana who likes to put words in peoples mouths, huh? Cause I never said that.
Lmao, you have done that this entire thread and now you are going to act ofended?
Anyway, no, I did not strawman you. You said the five P's of Loomis applied to modern commercial illustration, flat vector illustrations is by far one of the most common modern styles. You do the math.

Also, I have the sneaking suspicion that despite you acusing me of samefagging, you probably samefagged a couple of times on this thread.

>> No.3656464

>>3656456
no he's good and probably better than you, I haven't seen his work but trust me

>> No.3656465

OP screepcap this
>>3654575
>>3656439
>>3656372
>>3656436
>>3656446
>>3656354
>>3656230

>> No.3656466

How do I draw anime

>> No.3656471
File: 264 KB, 1165x622, 2times.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3656460
>You said the five P's of Loomis applied to modern commercial illustration
My dog. My nigga. I said modern commercial ANIME illustration. I can't believe I have to do this.

Okay it was 1 time because the ctrl+f was counting 2 but still my point stands. You took 'anime' out of commercial illustration to make you look right.

>> No.3656473

>>3656460
The only thing missing from that image is perspective and planes which are an aspect of form.

>did the fundamentals change

clearly fucking not

>> No.3656479

>>3656465
Whats the point? You can just remove "you"s from inspect console. Are you a newfag by any chance?

>> No.3656480

>>3656473
It has perspective and planes, the hand shape implies depth and the sweater is divided in planes.

Y'all niggas need Loomis.

>> No.3656495

>>3654582
Chinese concept art.

>> No.3656531

>>3656473
Actually,
"Proportions" reffers to three dimentions, and correct measurement on 3D, if you actually read Loomis, so that changed.
"Perspective" changed
"Planes" Changed
And, as I mentioned before the concept of compostion or "pattern" remains the same by name, but most of the actual rules and principles changed a lot beetween one style and the other..
So the only thing remaining is "placement" which in modern day terms would be framming. One out of five is not a good score if you ask me.
And that's withouth including all the other fundamentals that were theorized after Loomis, and that are the bread and butter of most modern illustrations styles such as gestalt, visual rethoric, iconic and non iconic abstraction, etc.

>>3656471
>I wont address the argument because I wont respond anymore, except that I will totally keep doing it.
Okay, I have a better quote for you OP, since you like to play dumb:
> Are you legit saying the pic on the right is not using the same principles? (>>3656340)

Keep being a sperg, OP.

>> No.3656659

>>3654575
Wrong.

>> No.3656675

>>3656659
not an argument

>> No.3656683

>>3656675
A non-argument doesn't deserve an argument, son.

>> No.3656689

>>3656683
Refute your claims or just stop pinning my posts. I got shit to do.

>> No.3656696

>>3654575
Anime is just lazy realism, it follows the exact same principles, they diverge on stilization to the very end, but over all is basically the same, this is one of the reasons why Anime are not considered cartoons.

>> No.3656709
File: 166 KB, 660x375, 20100208104956.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3656696

You sound like someone who has watched less than 100 anime series much less 50. There are a bunch of shows that diverge from the 80/20 rule. Lots of them get buried from the surface level because it's not AoT or SAO for the 99%. Kids shows can be creative, too.

In fact I think the kids anime is more often times much more clever than the mature titles.

>> No.3656711

>>3656709
But lets not talk about this. Save it for another thread. /dropping topic

>> No.3657259

bump for daily reminder

>> No.3657951
File: 1.35 MB, 1184x1734, 71382679_p0.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

is this good?

>> No.3658055

>>3657951

ehhhh it's at the cusp of tryhard of another persons style I can't remember the name.

>> No.3658056

>>3658055
Mintsyrup??

>> No.3658065
File: 343 KB, 1200x624, Harley-Quinn-DC.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

can any1 identify the artist here?

>> No.3658067

Why are you guys saging this thread with random shit?
Is it OP trying to keep his retarded thread alive?

>> No.3658070
File: 28 KB, 363x274, amikawaii.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.3658071

>>3658067
Sorry it's because I get a Strange magic

>> No.3658087

and I GUESS THAT'S WHY THEY CALL IT, THE BLUES.

>> No.3658092

>>3658067

Nah you guys are bumping it for me.

>> No.3658399

>>3658065
It's three different artists.

>> No.3658430
File: 38 KB, 326x289, Gappy+is+the+best+jojo+_9a13ca8df30261824e1fa06ec6850866.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

*dabs on ur assumptions on how anime and manga should look like*

>> No.3658525

reminded daily

>> No.3659773

i'll keep drawing on

>> No.3659966

It's been decided that this is the truth.

>> No.3659974
File: 134 KB, 500x486, 2751239_1338408533523.24res_500_486.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i think you guys are looking too deeply at the anime art style as a whole
this is supposed to be a actual black character with dreadlocks and she looks the same as every other character
while i do believe the style is derived from how asians look, i dont think the japanese look this hard into racial differences in the more moe shit anymore since the style is so exaggerated

>> No.3659979
File: 95 KB, 1280x720, Nozomi-and-Rin-pretty-cure-37173920-1280-720.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3659974
Pink hair girl is what average Japanese looks like.

>> No.3659986
File: 556 KB, 723x1024, Nidaime.Muramasa.full.1491478.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3659979
Dark skin girl is also clearly Japanese, just okinawan, and can never be a dirty filthy black person. Every possibility of dark skin persons but black because nobody likes blacks. Yeah she has elf ears, so what? Shes clearly .000001% Japanese.

>> No.3659989

>>3659974
Why can't you just draw a dark skin girl without bringing in your fucking /pol/ shit into it? I don't give a fuck if it looks like an African girl. However self-inserting as the dark skin girl/cosplaying is easier for blacks because they have dark skin. That fact has nothing to do with art though, so stop bringing it up.

>> No.3660001
File: 79 KB, 561x600, 1sdn8cqp.wizardchan.selfie.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3659974
Right, moeshit is only concerned about conveying a neotenous deal, like many other forms of art. Anime doesn't really resemble any particular race, only the top .1% of cuties in the human race.

>> No.3660003

>>3660001
*ideal

>> No.3660008

>>3659989
I was actually defending the fact that alot of brown anime characters can in fact, be black
How is that /pol/ or rightwinged in anyway?

>> No.3660012

>>3660001
ew

>> No.3660018

>>3660008
Because a lot of white looking characters in anime are Japanese. I don't watch anime to be reminded of "this guy is mexican, this girl looks Chinese and this guy looks 50 percent space Nazi 50 percent Turkish"
If a girl has dark skin, instant waifu. It is believable for me for her to be the perfect self insert if she were real and all the imperfections of black girls removed.

However the race of a character does not matter. The story is the story and if I like the MC it doesn't remove self insert.

>> No.3660022

>>3660012
I'm not a fan of niggers like the next guy, but you gotta admit she looks pretty cute.

>> No.3660026

>>3660022
Got any more pics like that?

>> No.3660028

so why exactly is this shit thread still alive?
just go draw waste of air

>> No.3660030

>>3660022
lol no

>> No.3660037

op's a dumbass but i respect all this triggering

>> No.3660053
File: 207 KB, 734x1056, 6a1cf9ff786388fe8796c57ec63d1075.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Can we agree that old manga and anime looks 20 times better than today's souless trash for weebs?

>> No.3660079

>>3660053
ye

>> No.3660093

>>3660053
Nice cherry picking there. Totally not biased at all.

>> No.3660143

>>3660053
That looks like shit. Read more manga, the Japs have honed this medium to its core.

>> No.3660269
File: 2.87 MB, 1920x1080, Fj2lcPH.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3660093
>cherry picking

>> No.3660270

>>3660269
That's still only two cherries. I could do the same with the manga releasing today.

>> No.3660352

>>3660053
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivorship_bias
of course old manga looks good, same thing will happen in 30 years to current manga too

>> No.3660600

>>3660352
What the hell does that have to do with anything.

>> No.3660608

>>3660600
Only old manga that were exceptionally popular/good are going to be remembered 50 year after they came out. Manga wasn't better in the past, but instead we only remember the manga that were good.

>> No.3660697

>>3660608

well okay makes sense

>> No.3660720

>>3660018
I get that, but either you or whoever that anon was accusing me of being /pol/ was ridiculous

>> No.3660743

>>3660720
How about you LET THE MUSIC PLAY, HE WONT GET AWAY

>> No.3660772

>>3660720
Sorry, I should have gotten my cup of "now you may speak" before responding to you.

>> No.3660940

>>3660270
Do it. Not even shitposting, I'd legitimately like to see some.

>> No.3660975

>want to draw anime
>anime artists I like are inspired by comic books
>look to comic artists
>obviously shows classical training
There's no avoiding it bros.

>> No.3661017

>>3654582
Unironically Europe.
The Burger and Japanese styles are heavily inspired by franco-belgian art.

>> No.3661151
File: 13 KB, 370x352, nyeheheheh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>he only draws people

It's not about drawing anime or realism shit, but logic and persepective.

>> No.3661162

>he draws subject he doesn't need
epin next you will tell me you need to grind flowers to learn how to draw furries

>> No.3661204

actually you just need to learn how to draw robutts, then you can basically draw anything after that

>> No.3661253
File: 78 KB, 269x300, 8182-Mega-Bellossom.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3661162

>client asks you to draw pokemon with flowers on it
>can't because you were too stuck up your own ass to draw flowers on the go on your Ipad near the coffee shop along with the people you saw

NGMI

>> No.3661275

not gonna happen /vp/.now you can go back to your board

>> No.3661286

>>3661275
Pokemon autists are where the money is at. You only gimp yourself from paychecks, ngmi.

>> No.3661290
File: 107 KB, 960x720, Rikka Takarada.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3654575
I started drawing with a more realistic, comic-booky approach, and it helps when I try to draw anime/manga/whatever. For me, moe style is much more attractive and easy on the eyes, not to mention a bit easier (since you can just exaggerate features without having to pay too much heed to anatomy). To each their own I guess.

>> No.3661291

>>3654607
I started only wanting to draw anime, but it really does help to draw in a more realistic style. I don't draw anything like in comic books or that kind of heroic-style, but I started by learning basic human anatomy and then adjusting it to fit whatever anime style I wanted to use. For males, at least, human anatomy and anime anatomy match up fairly well (it's a bit different for females, like the distance from the top of the head to the nose-ish area should be 1.5 times the distance of the nose area to the chin).

>> No.3661292

if you target a specific niece you need specific knowledge not just a generic how to draw flowers but keep shitposting you amuse me

>> No.3661297

If you do wanna draw anime, I found that the best places to go to learn that stuff aren't those "How to draw manga X" on YouTube made my some middle-aged white dude, but actual channels by Korean and Japanese artists. Obviously they're not in english but they generally show you the steps and often even measurements and placements of things, and that helped me a lot more than the videos I watched in middle and high school.

>> No.3661299

>>3661292
Yeah I'll target your niece alright. Hope she likes BBC.

>> No.3661362

>>3654575
>"quit drawing what you like drawing!"
I'm going to keep drawing anime and you wont stop me you fiend!

>> No.3661460

>>3661362
>you just don't understand me dad!
Literally your post.

>> No.3661472

>>3661460
>Stop drawing what I don't like!
Literally you

>> No.3661475

>>3661472
But I love anime more than to do, so try again?

>> No.3661485

>>3654607
this

>>3661291
But also this. Good advice.

>>3654575
>The sooner you drop anime is the sooner you can become good.
Good at... not drawing anime? Sorry, but I'm not interested in DC/Marvel shit, or whatever else you're into.

>> No.3661611

>>3661485
I'm into anime. I guess you're not into that, huh?

>> No.3662197

Good deal, see you then.

>> No.3662379

>>3661299
Nice

>> No.3662394 [DELETED] 

>>3654779
Gook means korean you retard

>> No.3662467

>>3662394

We're all one race. The human race.

>> No.3662471 [DELETED] 

Bump for daily reminder

>> No.3662565

>>3662471
thanks

>> No.3663415

bump

>> No.3663447

>>3656466

You don't.

>> No.3663489

>>3663447
OP, we all know you are bumping your retarded thread. Stop it, you already look like a retard with the conversations you had here. trying to keep alive a thread were you lost every discussion is pathetic.
No one cares for your dumb advice, accept it and let the thread die.

>> No.3663571

>>3663489
I won every debate like always. None of you came back for a 2nd body bag to be zipped over your first bag.

And that person is not me, but thanks for the free bump.

>> No.3663593

>>3663571
Kek, you ran away from every debate you had with multiple anons.
No point in not responding to your retarded thread when you will bump it yourself with samefag conversations anyway.

>> No.3663600

>>3663593
>you ran away
I couldn't get away

>> No.3663612

>>3663600
Are you trolling or are you seriously this delusional?

>> No.3663654 [DELETED] 

Bump until these guys get it

>> No.3663734

>>3663612
Not him but scroll up to refresh your memory. It's pretty clear OP single handedly put a bullet through each of you. Probably 1 of the most epic threads ever on /ic/ this year.

>> No.3664637

>>3654575

Anyone have the video of young vilppu drawing stylized girls?

>> No.3664689

>>3663654

>> No.3664696

>>3664689
Why do you keep bumping your thread? Just let it die and make a new one.

>> No.3664703

>>3654575
But I like anime :(

>> No.3664719

>>3663734
God, this is getting embarrasing OP.

>> No.3664726

>>3664719

Nah bro that ain't me man. I moved on from this thread. Nobody here can even come up with a valid argument. I don't need to can 50 more anons again.

>> No.3664737

>>3664726
Multiple anon realized how much you are samefagging and bumping your how thread at this point, OP. You are not fooling anyone.

>> No.3664752

>>3664737

Literally there are a few of you pretending to be me and you're getting riled up. I don't want to waste my time taking screenshots but man is this hilarious.

The only one looking like an idiot right now is you.

>> No.3664755
File: 14 KB, 361x99, tatoeba.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3664752
example

>> No.3664779

>>3654575
What about... doing it all? Study fundamentals, draw from life and draw weeb shit.

>> No.3664788

>>3664779
I think you ..... can't read?

>> No.3664811

>>3654575
Yeah, keep on grinding your fundies, OP. Only 20 years to go before you can start practicing how to colour X^D

>> No.3664818

>>3664811

Color is a fundamental skill.

Another body bag to be zipped up. Next!

>> No.3664819

>>3664818
>Look at the nearest Loomis-bot
KEK

>> No.3664879
File: 36 KB, 500x364, Hmmm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3664755
>>3664752
>They are pretending to be me samefagging

>> No.3664918

Amazing thread, if this thread ever dies I don't know if I can continue not drawing anime.

>> No.3664924

>>3664918
I pride myself in great threads. Thanks man.

>> No.3664928
File: 200 KB, 744x309, 16404523863.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3654575
NEVEEEEEEEEEEER

>> No.3665762

>>3664928
Cave in, anon. It's the only way.

>> No.3665878

>>3654575

post your work

>> No.3666133

bimp

>> No.3666572
File: 3.30 MB, 1168x1652, 70984264_p0.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.3667869

>>3656406
>It's not so extrange anon, Art Nouveau doesn't refer to any art that is new either, this is how academic terms normally work.
What's fun is that in 1310 in music, in France and Italy, they used the name Ars Nova which means exactly the same thing as Art Nouveau.

>> No.3667871

>>3656403
Not in every language, in french it just have a french name.

>> No.3667881

>>3660053
>>3660093
You had more diversity, now nearly everything that's not the norm can't even get published.

>> No.3667894
File: 145 KB, 701x893, Dj2PWDRUwAE-l9W.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

If you want to draw anime and be good at it, you have to draw anime.
Yes, you should know your basics. Anatomy, proportions, perspective. But unless you practice drawing "anime" you will not get good at it. Anime has a very specific shape and symbol language it takes advantage of, without learning these design tools you will not be able to draw appealing anime.
Don't draw "western". Don't draw "comic book style". These are different ways of stylizing the human face and body that focus on different features of anatomy than anime. If you want to draw anime, draw anime. Don't let /ic/ stop you.

>> No.3667968

>>3654575
I'll never understand the absolute asenine mindset that people pidgeonhole themselves into where you can only draw in "one" style forever.

>> No.3668199

>>3667968
Nobody said the word "forever" but you, now did they?

>> No.3668216

Is OP pic one of the gachimuchi guys?

>> No.3669685

bump

>> No.3669736

LEARN ABOUT ROBERT CRUMB

>> No.3669746

>>3667968

I contain multitudes

I contradict myself

>> No.3669872

>>3655906
Who's the artist? I search her name and there's like 3 artist that has kinda the same art, I need confirmation on which one

>> No.3669877

>>3669872
Nevermind found it

>> No.3670001

>>3667894
>tfw will take some more time b4 i can reach that pic related standard
feelsbadman, but you're right desu. It felt like /ic/ is the complete opposite of tumblr. Too obsessed with improving in a practical sense but losing the 'creativity' in the process. I think it's important to keep improving in the direction you like while trying to incorporate fundies knowledge relevant to it.

>> No.3671370

it's like ALL THE GIRLS STANDING IN THE LINE FOR THE BATHROOM.

>> No.3671682

>>3671370
Girls restrooms are disgusting. Shit on the seat, piss everywhere, tampons curled in corners, makeup grazed on the shelves at all times.

>> No.3671923

>>3654575
This. But unironically. I advanced marginally once I dropped anime

>> No.3671989

>>3658065
I think the base background artist is Amanda Connors

>> No.3672379
File: 3 KB, 157x117, 1541274073835.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3654575
>Anime is holding you back from progressing

>> No.3673520

reminder

>> No.3674851

Oh absolutely! My daughter dropped anime when she reached the 4th grade and is better than half this board ever since.

>> No.3674951

On the contrary, I'm fine with people drawing anime because it means I wont have to compete with them for jobs.

>> No.3675593

>>3654575
>I don't like anime, guys...

>> No.3676529 [DELETED] 

>>3675593
why

>> No.3676533

>>3675593
I love anime more than anyone else on this board.

>> No.3676554

>>3676533
Those digits don't lie. Also daily bump until these guys get it.

>> No.3677762

every time

>> No.3677773

>>3676554
>>3676533
>This amount of samefagging
OP, for how long have you been talking to yourself now?

>> No.3678336

>>3677773
thanks for the bump

>> No.3679890

>>3654575
Retarded.

>> No.3679904

>>3654575
drawing realistically and drawing anime is literally the same shit if you do it the proper way. In both case you learn and replicate real life and real humans in your art. If anything, making it looks "anime" only add a layer of stylization which means it requires more skill.
I guess in a way you're right, you won't improve fast if you just copy anime moeblob faces all the time without a proper understanding of how real human heads works and what exactly is the difference with anime style VS real life
But that's only for faces. There's no anime body or anime hands or something.

>> No.3680041

>>3679904
>there is no anime body

Wrong. Check character sheets. Clearly not on the realism. Now I'd like to talk about this but I'll save it for another thread later because this thread is near bump limit.

>> No.3680058

>>3680041
What character sheets? It depends on the artist entirely, a lot of "anime" artist use completely realistic body details, nothing stops you from doing it

>> No.3680083

Post number 300. Thank god, now this thread can die.

>> No.3680112

>>3680083
I'll just make a new thread because I own this board. But maybe a new topic. Because this topic has exhausted me.

>> No.3680115

>>3680058
Anime use anime proportions from head to toe to the items they equip. I'd make a thread about this later.

>> No.3680510

>>3680115
Wrong. Again it depends on the artist.

>> No.3680512

>>3680115
>to the items they equip
You're stupid.

>> No.3680555

>>3680512
Nah, you're stupid.
>>3680510
Wrong.

>> No.3680556

>>3680555
dayyyyyyyyyyyyymn nigga look at those 5s sideways deathrow yeeeeah

>> No.3680563
File: 43 KB, 420x420, WG-8018-02 (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anyway you're gonna tell me that, for example, ichigos sword has the exact same proportion to a regular katana? No of course not.

We wouldn't have youtube channels of weapon creation if that wasn't the case. It wouldn't be interesting. It's interesting because they're taking what is the normal and going beyond the natural proportion. Leave it to /ic/ to not know what proportions mean.

>> No.3680789

>>3680555
So you have no arguments. Gotcha

>> No.3680792

>>3680563
You're fucking retarded and moving goalposts too. You're saying you can't make your anime characters old real equipements, weapons or tool?
Get the fuck out of here.

>> No.3680886

>>3680792
Does ichigo have same body proportions as a Loomis male? Does his sword have same proportions as an average katana? Both no? Then it isn't just stick an anime head on body.

>> No.3680888

>>3680789
I don't argue with retards. Clearly you don't know what it is you're trying to debate me with on.

>> No.3681481

>>3680886
You don't need to copy ichigo's body into your own art you fucking dumbass

>> No.3681482

>>3680888
Oh the irony

>> No.3681485

>>3680886
Watch more anime and read more manga you dumbfuck normalfag. Plenty of artists use a 100% realistic art, especially for male characters.

>> No.3681492
File: 641 KB, 2417x1984, serveimage (2).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3680041
>>3680115
>>3680555
>>3680563
>>3680886
Here one picture that invalidate every single one of your pathetic statements. Now get the fuck out of this website you autistic retard and go idolize your serial tracer industry elsewhere.

>> No.3682186

>>3681492
What on Earth are you trying to say here? If anything you're actually agreeing with me that it isn't just sticking an anime head on a proportional body. See here
>>3679904
>But that's only for faces. There's no anime body or anime hands or something.
Your picture has panty stocknig for example. Is that just sticking a head on a loomis body? No. So you're agreeing with me here? Or did you just jump in the conversation without knowing what we're talking about?

In any case, learn to read.

>> No.3682187

>>3682186
Alsoooooooo I said to post your MAL. I guarantee have more anime watched than all of you ITT combined. So If we want to throw charts around you should be putting up your shows watched or just stfu about things you know nothing about.