[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 1.93 MB, 2793x3590, 229 Very Nice 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3649527 No.3649527[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

ITT: I'm dumping some recent shit I worked on and/or old shit I worked on that I'm thinking about fucking up further.

What I'm looking for in terms of "critique" is for (you) to make suggestions or demands for what I should do to "fix" them or whatever.

What colors should I layer, what kind of strokes, etc. Tell me what to do.

>> No.3649529
File: 819 KB, 1584x1008, very nice 2017 v 2018.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3649527
this is what was recently done for the OP

>> No.3649531
File: 1.30 MB, 3432x2870, ahhhhhh gesso and purple layer.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

started this 2 days ago. Put down a gesso primer layer and did the first base layer of violets

>> No.3649532
File: 1.89 MB, 2911x3460, boob envy gesso.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

started this months ago and forgot I had.

>> No.3649534
File: 2.16 MB, 4032x3024, 122. Ford Heh Purpled.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

been twerking on this so far today

>> No.3649535
File: 1.45 MB, 2574x2602, 122. Ford heh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3649534
what it looked like b4

>> No.3649536
File: 1.88 MB, 2931x3676, 211. Jerry 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Worked on this one a few days ago. Needs reds and yellows and highlights and stuff

>> No.3649539

you've got soul, /i/ is just being raided by faggots that don't know their place

>> No.3649540
File: 1.67 MB, 2052x4022, 290. Trash 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

this one still needs the bottles and skin and shadows and highlights and stuff. if anyone has any speariance with painting glass I could use suggestions

>> No.3649545
File: 2.39 MB, 3024x3024, 242. Frodo Wot.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

started this one with a bunch of extra greens I had from a different painting. idk if I should just now paint on it with the normal order of operations (stacking purples then blues then reds then yellows then highlights) or if I should keep it wacky.

>> No.3649546
File: 2.88 MB, 2872x3932, 250. do you want to get off 3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

goofed on this one with neon yellow and greens and violets. should I keep stacking colors and stuff?
I don't like the background looking pukey. Thought I would since it's about being a scumbag and getting off on acting like a psychopath and "getting in the skin of another man" and fucking with strangers and stuff, but idk didn't work out.

>>3649539
ere breh

>> No.3649550
File: 2.20 MB, 4032x3024, 195. Confirmed for Autism The Squeakquel.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

working on this with the leftover paint I was using on >>3649534.

adding blues mostly i reckong

>> No.3649553
File: 1.52 MB, 335x259, eva lilly grab.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3649550

>> No.3649612
File: 2.43 MB, 2890x3697, 195. Confirmed for Autism squeakquel 3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3649550
feeling ok about how it's looking. may keep the eyes white for a while. maybe debating her staring off and down instead of over. or just keep the white eyes idk

>> No.3649621

>>3649527
I'm not a fan of the meme subject matter nor your painting style. Needs blending.

>> No.3649623
File: 1.86 MB, 2755x2799, 170. looks great.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

thinking about doing more at this one. like really stacking on layers and eventually changing the name to "I may have gone too far in a few places" or whatever the line is he says in the TPM behind the scenes documentary after they watch the first cut.

>> No.3649627
File: 2.39 MB, 2859x3609, 214. red brie.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3649621
>Needs blending.
I've been getting more into staccato brush strokes and stacking different colors on top of each other. Ripping off the van gogh/post-impressionism memes.

It's generally pretty hard to seemlessly blend acrylic paint. If you got any dope tips I'm all ears my dude.

>> No.3649831
File: 1.88 MB, 4032x3024, boob envy 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3649532
fucking stupid big paintings frigging suck

>> No.3649835
File: 1.90 MB, 3024x3024, 242. Frodo wot 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3649545
gotta unfuck that hair

>> No.3649837
File: 1.50 MB, 2860x3430, boob envy 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3649831

>> No.3650378

>>3649627
yeah i got some tips, stop churning out crap, read some books instead of spending time on this board

>> No.3650390

Stop painting this garbage it's worthless. Pick some better things to paint what you paint is worth literal shit

>> No.3650437
File: 2.30 MB, 2746x3454, 189. pfffscht.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650378
>>3650390
not what I'm looking for ITT. You're absolutely useless. Never talk to me or my memes again.

>> No.3650439

>>3650437
Far more use than you, however, I find that the colours you use are generally very unappealing.

>> No.3650475

I take Jordan Peterson with a pinch of salt, but he is right in saying that you should be able to clean up your room as a functioning adult. The bare minimum is to bring yourself in a presentable state, have a good body hygiene, keep your place as tidy as possible. The famous "creative mess" of an artist studio is no wildcard to turn your flat into a shithole. I think that "Jimmy" has proven with photos of his place that he is incapable of doing so. He is basically incapable of turning himself into a functioning, socially acceptable adult.

I've had a fair share of visits to famous artist studios. And yes, it is ok to make a mess when you paint. As long as everything else is not in a hoarder-type state.
So, to conclude: Jimmy is a troubled, infantile manbaby. What we see here is obsessive therapy-tier painting. He gets hyper defensive when he gets technical criticism. This is best represented by the fact that his work featured the typical beginners mistakes, like using pure black for outlines, not doing underpainting, poor gesture, muddy colors. All of these points were excused as being done "on purpose" and in the vein of "wabi sabi". A good analogy would be a beginner cook who constantly cuts his fingers and gets blood all over the food. The kitchen chef approaches him and tells him: "Jeez, you are constantly cutting yourself and making a mess! Let me show you how to properly and quickly dice onions!" – to which Jimmy, the hobo beginner cook, replies: "No, that's ok! I'm doing it on purpose, I want my food to taste like blood and my fingers to look like I've put them in a meat grinder!"

Some "artists" are just avoiding to get their shit together and become decent human beings.

>> No.3650482
File: 2.03 MB, 2754x3553, 252. clarke kek 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650475
ad hominem: the post

tldr btw

unrelated 2 ur autism: thinking about working on picture related again

>> No.3650510
File: 235 KB, 1080x720, hobo and the boge.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650475
ok I did read some of it meow
> He gets hyper defensive when he gets technical criticism.
eh I mostly just get annoyed by "technical" criticism that isn't practical or applicable. Like what all the anons including (You) are doing. You doingusses just say a buzzword or alude to le fundamentals and then sprinkle in your personal feelings about things and it's always mostly just in service of talking shit and being insulting. I didn't axe for essays about how I'm gross ITT, I axed for people to literally tell me what to do.
>like using pure black for outlines
I haven't used ANY black at all since like December 2017.
>not doing underpainting
I've been doing underpainting and layering and spearminting with gesso and matte gel and retarder and other "whites" all year. Misused black in year one. Misusing whites in year 2.
>poor gesture
sometimes it's ok
>muddy colors
I'm fine with mud. My whole painting process is about working from an ever evolving mud schlop. "Muddiness" isn't inherently bad, and it's mostly just lazy digital dorks that take issue with it.
>All of these points were excused as being done "on purpose"
non it's excused as being "on porpoise."
>and in the vein of "wabi sabi"
wabi sabi brah
>Let me show you how to properly and quickly dice onions!"
but like nobody here really shows or tells how to actually technically do anything. For every one post that someone actually suggests useable techniques that I can use to improve, there are hundreds of metacritical blog posts like yours that basically just calls me an asshole in a bunch of words.
>Some "artists" are just avoiding to get their shit together and become decent human beings.
I do accept this though. This is all about harnessing my avoidant personality/OCD autism anxiety I have about life stuff and channeling it into creating memetrash "art." Like clutter and chaos is actually pretty unsettling to me so like i'm never really comfortable, which keeps me working.

>> No.3650512
File: 868 KB, 791x1010, mud painting.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650475
>muddy colors

>> No.3650515
File: 1.72 MB, 3016x2576, DSCN1062.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.3650518

>>3650510
>I'm fine with mud. My whole painting process is about working from an ever evolving mud schlop. "Muddiness" isn't inherently bad, and it's mostly just lazy digital dorks that take issue with it.
why did you ask for critique, maybe muddiness isn't inherently bad, but it's bad here. you're using it bad. you'd do better with more saturated colours, even just a bit more.

if you
>thought you would get shit critique
and
>call all critique here shit

you made a thread for no reason. im sure your art "project", which you call the culmination of all your paintings is actually somehow tied to "trolling" /ic/ or something similar, but i don't find it to be interesting, or very deep or meaningful. even if that isn't the case, you're only worse off.

>> No.3650543
File: 1.60 MB, 2974x2974, 299. Dab on the h9trz.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650518
>why did you ask for critique,
ITT I asked for people to literally tell me what to do. "Muddiness" is a meme critique to me, and I have a sneaking suspicion that most of the people that say it probably don't have much experience with paint. It's easy to shit on "muddiness" when you "paint" on a digital tablet and you point and click to create a color.
>but it's bad here. you're using it bad.
again though this is kind of an annoying thing to say I'm just ALWAYS "using it bad" or whatever. Like I think I did ok on the work I did yesterday on the skin tones of >>3649835 with muh mudschlock strategy.
>you'd do better with more saturated colours, even just a bit more.
like this is fair but when I say "I know" and I say that I'm knowingly mixing whites into the pigments and using dirty brushes and stuff and then you just get mad at me. Like I appreciate the point but currently my focus is more about creating a novel aesthetic by creating a continuity of doing things "wrong," so when it gets repeated over and over without empathy it gets annoying.
>you made a thread for no reason
I posted in the OP why I made the thread tho. Like I'm not calling "all critique here shit."

But shitposting like >>3650378 and >>3650390 is shit. Comments like this >>3649621 are useless. I don't care about people's vague feelings.
>but i don't find it to be interesting, or very deep or meaningful.
dope. idk who you are though so I don't really care about what you find interesting. You might be real interested in pictures of human shit for all I know.

And not everything needs to be necessarily be "deep or meaningful." I'm essentially an absurdist zealot. Like I "worship" Sisyphus. There is no inherent deep or meaningful reason for anything, and we create the rocks we push up the hill. It's all a goof!
>even if that isn't the case, you're only worse off.
Nothing is perfect,
And anything is better.
Time is entropy.

>> No.3650545

>>3650510
Hopefully you don't murder your cat like you did your dog

>> No.3650546

>>3650543
But is there any critique in this thread you will take on board? As some other anons said you just seem to say it's intended, and you know what you're doing, but I think it's quite clear you don't. You can paint things (well, faces) such that they appear as the face of the person you want them to be, and you pull off the expression, but your paintings have absolutely no visual appeal, at least to me. I wish I was going over the top by saying that, genuinely, but your paintings do not offer any appeal visually to me, and I don't think I'm the only one. Maybe I can't pinpoint exactly why this is, I'm not a painter, but I'm sure someone else has, and I'm sure you've dismissed it.

>> No.3650549
File: 2.56 MB, 3024x4032, The Cat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650545
yeah hopefully.

>> No.3650569
File: 1.03 MB, 653x935, 1533553502233.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i think the problem with your style or technique rather is that you paint in a very rough, scratchy manner, perhaps too faithful to the backing line art. i reccomend firstly painting a few layers of primer or some other backing colour and then painting in softer strokes.

>> No.3650591
File: 661 KB, 4032x3024, 283. Is he though.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650546
>But is there any critique in this thread you will take on board?
absolutely. Like 90% of these paintings were solicited from anons on 4chan. The entire thing is about working with an anonymous hivemind and crowdsourcing the decision-making and content selection and stuff. Like it's kind of perfect to me that anons on /tv/ are great for making practically applicable suggestions for what to do in the future, while anons on /ic/ are essentially useless for anything other than "diagnosing" the obvious shit I've done wrong in the past, and then telling me to quit.

>and you know what you're doing, but I think it's quite clear you don't.
It's both. I started this with zero acrylic portraiture experience. Hadn't drawn or made anything art-related in like 10 years. Part of the whole thing to me was starting at a place of ignorance and building my own process and aesthetic by leaning into mistakes and intentionally repeating them to see if they ever could work and stuff. Like the whole thing is and was about starting as a knownothing and ONLY using anonymous guidance on goddamn 4chan to improve and spiraling out from there.

>but your paintings have absolutely no visual appeal, at least to me
yeah I mean it is a series of painted memes solicited anonymously on 4chan. Being kind of harsh and unappealing and wrong on purpose IS what this place has always kind of fundamentally been about.
>but your paintings do not offer any appeal visually to me
dope. Again though. So what? Idk who you are. You're supposed to step outside of your self and apply intellectual empathy and stuff when you're "critiquing."

Like it doesn't need to be "your thing" for you to be able to make suggestions or give advice about what to do.

>I'm not a painter
yeah that's the rub for most of (You). No actual frame of reference, so you all just repeat the same intro-to-art diagnoses of what is "wrong" while you don't know enough to make suggestions on what to do next.

>> No.3650598
File: 836 KB, 3168x1008, get rekt ya doobus process.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650569
>is that you paint in a very rough, scratchy manner
oh yeah. Like "scratchiness" is kind of something I've been circlejerking about and leaning into from the beginning. Like I think when you're stacking colors on top of each other with acrylic layering that scratchiness is a good way to have parts of other layers still influence the look or whatever if that makes scents.

Like pic related is one of my favorites in terms of trying to pull of the dirty scratches aesthetic.
>perhaps too faithful to the backing line art
yeah that used to be more of a factor than it is now I'd say.
>i reccomend firstly painting a few layers of primer or some other backing colour
yeah I used to paint straight to canvas but I've been doing primers with gesso and baselayers of color for most of the stuff I've started since like June.
>and then painting in softer strokes
My process currently has been focused on establishing base layers with a medium sized brush and then stacking layers on top with progressively smaller brushes and leaning into having all the strokes evident and stuff. Kind of going the opposite direction from smoothly blending and soft stroking and heading more towards like impressionism and pointillism and stuff.

There are dozens that I've done though that were attempts at, or are intended to be ultimately be "smoother" after I work on them a lot more.

>> No.3650607

I really hate this faggot

>> No.3650608

>>3650591
yeah dude, sure, your art is unappealing because you want to see if you go far enough down the rabbit hole of unnappealing, it finally becomes appealing? that's not really how it works, experimentation is key, but experimenting with something that doesn't work isn't. i admitted im not a painter, and i also didn't give any painting specific criticism, nor did i claim i did. there are a ridiculous number of styles that are visually appealing to me, such a ridiculous varying number that it's hard for me to say i can be wrong in most situations, especially when it comes to a painter on /ic/ who isn't even that good yet, along with the fact that most people tend to agree. you claim to both be leaning in to mistakes as well as getting guidance from 4chan to improve, and while i know that's probably a venn diagram of good advice and misinformation, leaning in to mistakes would be directly counter intuitive to any guidance you've ever been given. regardless i do hope one day that you stop this and apply yourself, yeah im just some guy, and that's just my opinion. you do you, for whatever you're doing this for, but i think you can do better. at least you have an idea, most people just practice fundies then when they can finally draw, they have nothing to draw.

>> No.3650616

>>3649527
do you enjoy being a human photo filter

>> No.3650621
File: 1.07 MB, 4032x3024, 275. i dont think about you at all 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

thinking about doing another pass on this one today maybe. If anyone has any suggestions for how I should approach it going forward, in terms of brushes or strokes or color choices or whatever applicable shit, I'll do it.

Like what >>3650569 (You) are talking about with "firstly painting a few layers of primer or some other backing colour," this is an example of generally what I'm doing for the gesso layer on all of them now. It's a wash of gesso mixed with paint and water to generally get full canvas coverage. I was apparently not doing the background color wash on all of it first when I started on pic related. Like if I did that now I'd have fully covered the canvas in a brown wash or whatever first and then layer the basic colors of subjects on top of that so there isn't gaps between colors.

>>3650607
(You) on the right

>> No.3650656
File: 1.90 MB, 2880x3238, 61. Eastern Promise.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650608
>your art is unappealing because you want to see if you go far enough down the rabbit hole of unnappealing, it finally becomes appealing?
yep. that's the hypothesis.
>that's not really how it works, experimentation is key, but experimenting with something that doesn't work isn't.
potato tomato. I think I managed to make the "mixing blacks into skin skin tones and using too much water in acrylic paint and exposed canvas" theme of year one work pretty well in pic related. It has an aesthetic that I would argue would be VERY hard for anyone else to be reproduce, particularly a painter.

Like the "appeal" to me is the subversion and kind of grotesque offness about the style that developed from muh dirty water period.

>and i also didn't give any painting specific criticism, nor did i claim i did.
yeah that's kind of what is annoying to me. I've done a lot of shit now and I've had these conversations for years. I don't really care about the vague "fundamentals" memes being generally applied to whatever. It'd be so much more productive to talk about specific ones than the whole gestalt.
>there are a ridiculous number of styles that are visually appealing to me
You are a beautiful and unique snowflake. (You) are an anonymous text generator. I only know (You).
>it's hard for me to say i can be wrong in most situations
not very scientific tbphwyf. And again, I don't care about your vague feelings in the first place so there's no need to qualify them anonymously.
>you claim to both be leaning in to mistakes as well as getting guidance from 4chan to improve
yeah it's a bit of a goof haha
>a venn diagram of good advice and misinformation
It is overwhelmingly mostly edgy kids anonymously projecting their feelings at me tbqh. I get WAY MORE "critique" in the form of whodoyouthinkyouare and yourenotbetterthanme memes that focus on things I do wrong, and very little practical or applicable suggestions for what to do instead. That's the joke!

>> No.3650662 [DELETED] 

>>3650616
I doo!

>> No.3650663
File: 793 KB, 1896x3710, 277. roondecision.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650616
I do doo!

>> No.3650665

>just binged the youtube channel
>he suddenly appears

get out of my head man

>> No.3650666
File: 69 KB, 479x618, 279. chastain thumb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650515
this is kino btw

>> No.3650670

>>3650656
You know what they say about explaining jokes.

>> No.3650671

>>3649627
>It's generally pretty hard to seemlessly blend acrylic paint. If you got any dope tips I'm all ears my dude.
Block in your darkest tone on your underpainting, mix your mid tones on your pallet and apply them in washes from darkest to lightest. Wet your underpainting as necessary to get the darker mid tones to blend more easily. It's not perfect but it works.

I realize you're not going to listen to any advice in this thread and just justify why any advice given is wrong, but hopefully that''ll help anyone else who works in acrylic that might be reading.

>> No.3650674
File: 1.33 MB, 2394x2994, 29. Fep.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650665
>just binged the youtube channel
sheeeeit I should be editing this week tbphwyf

here's the year one timelapse if you haven't seen that shit: https://youtu.be/45GkUiuRmjM

>> No.3650677

>>3650674
alright here I go

>> No.3650693
File: 384 KB, 991x1200, marta-nael-mom-daughter.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3649527

I don't get why you're asking for feedback from us. There are tons of tutorials on this shit everywhere. Just write "portrait painting tutorial" on YouTube and try to find paintings that appeal to you and emulate the steps from those. Doesn't even matter if it's in a different medium. You can always get something by looking at them.

There are all kinds of things wrong with your paintings. The values are incoherent, the anatomy is all over the place and you don't seem to have any grasp on stroke economy. There's no focus anywhere because you're painting from photos. Here are some steps you might want to take in the future:

- Do studies from life. Paint fruit or something organic like that. Point a light on the thing you're looking at a single point and draw out from there. Don't look elsewhere. It's okay if it gets blurry towards the borders.

- Do a proper drawing under your image and don't start painting until you have everything right. Look at it from the mirror if you need to. Also study drawing more.

- Start working from a single, muted hue and build your stuff up slowly from there. Think about every stroke. Look at how this guy is painting for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4wkJjMon4o

He's not just blasting everything right from the start. He's taking his time and really looking at his work to make it look appealing.

- Practice working on a limited palette. I really like Zorn's palette. It makes you stop and think about what you're doing and it's a great thing to study for a beginner.

- It's usually a good idea to build your painting in such a way that there's more paint on the areas with the most light. It's okay to show your underpainting and even a little bit of canvas on the shadow parts and use really thick/blobby paint on the highlights. Building up an image in this way takes a lot of patience.

- Make a LOT of quick studies but spend a LOT of time on your final work. Spend a hundred hours on a painting.

>> No.3650694
File: 1.73 MB, 3363x2535, 263. I said I'll do this until the day I kill my self and I'm still here so I must be doing something right.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650670
the secret is to make the over-explanation of the joke the punchline maybe!

>> No.3650703

>>3650621
I don't spam the board with faggotry all day long, of coarse you don't think about me, the same way you don't think about all the people who didn;t take a shit in you bed

>> No.3650704

>>3650694
>the secret is to make the over-explanation of the joke the punchline maybe!
Does it ever cross your mind that this is just not true and that you're just retarded? Are you capable of admitting that you might be wrong?

>> No.3650715
File: 1.85 MB, 2443x3127, 45. Blue Green.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650671
>Block in your darkest tone on your underpainting, mix your mid tones on your pallet and apply them in washes from darkest to lightest.
yeah I mean that's generally what I'm doing. The typical order of operations has been to do violets and blues, then reds, yellows, and highlights. But like I just embrace the "dry or die" mentality in year 2, and the process has been about "blending" by stacking layers on top of each other without using water to bring down the opacity or keep the acrylic wet.
>I realize you're not going to listen to any advice in this thread and just justify why any advice given is wrong
I mean I don't really do that. I appreciate all of it and I don't normally say it's "wrong" just that it may not be applicable or useful.
> but hopefully that''ll help anyone else who works in acrylic that might be reading.
EXACTLY! The Cunningham's Law meme has been part of muh goof since the get-gogh. Posting the "wrong answer" on the internet is the best way to find out the "right answer" is the theory. By starting an argument in defense of things wrong, the idea is that it can create a dialogue and appreciation for A: why we have the rules in the first place, and B: why it's ok to subvert them. etc.

>> No.3650758
File: 1.61 MB, 2718x2750, 110. Joker kek.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650693
>I don't get why you're asking for feedback from us.
You know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! I just do things.
>There are tons of tutorials on this shit everywhere.
I know but this series is about 4chan and (you).
>the anatomy is all over the place
like we talking about specific face muscles and tendons and stuff or what?
>Do studies from life.
yeah I used to a bunch when I went to art school. I have started drawing from life again this year though. Mostly just pictures of Bogie though.
>Do a proper drawing under your image and don't start painting until you have everything right.
I doo do this. >>3650598
>Start working from a single, muted hue and build your stuff up slowly from there.
>Think about every stroke.
I do this until I don't tbphwyf.
>He's not just blasting everything right from the start.
I mean I'm not either.
>He's taking his time and really looking at his work to make it look appealing.
I mean I'm taking 10 years on these. I stared at a lot of them for a year ruminating about what to do next before I made another pass. Literally none of these are "finished" until the race is over, they are all currently in production.
>Practice working on a limited palette. I really like Zorn's palette. It makes you stop and think about what you're doing and it's a great thing to study for a beginner.
I'll look up Zorn.
>It's usually a good idea to build your painting in such a way that there's more paint on the areas with the most light. It's okay to show your underpainting and even a little bit of canvas on the shadow parts and use really thick/blobby paint on the highlights. Building up an image in this way takes a lot of patience.
gotchu senpai
>Make a LOT of quick studies but spend a LOT of time on your final work. Spend a hundred hours on a painting.
yeah that's kind of the thing that I think most people don't really appreciate at most this shit. It's all a matter of labor in time.

>> No.3650764
File: 2.15 MB, 3503x2753, 165. Drinking bitter better drunk.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650693
that's a dope painting btw I'm gonna have to look up her shit. I was trying to make moves that in that direction for a while last spring when I was microdosing lsd while working. like >>3650437 and pic related.

I was debating yesterday about going psychedelic on >>3649835 but I pussed out.

>> No.3650766

>>3650656
>I can't make art cause I can only make utter shit
>hey, maybe that can be my style?

The cancer of the art world. What if the same happened in music? I can't play so I'll make that my music.

It just proves that you have no idea that art is an actual skill, just like making music takes skill.

>> No.3650770
File: 2.34 MB, 2708x3499, 174. yall got any more of them memes.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650703
>I don't spam the board with faggotry all day long
I really need to make a painting of Tommy Lee Jones saying I DONT CARE from The Fugitive.
>of coarse you don't think about me
How even would I?!
>the same way you don't think about all the people who didn;t take a shit in you bed
But what if, let's say that you woke up one morning and discovered that there was a poopy in your bed, and you did a process of elimination of who couldn't have done it in your search for the real culprit?
>>3650704
>Does it ever cross your mind that this is just not true and that you're just retarded?
CONSTANLY. That gif of the dude that says "I'm retarded?" and looks in the mirror and it's a guy with downs syndrome is on the lizst.
>Are you capable of admitting that you might be wrong?
You bet. But what are we saying I'm "wrong" about? I'm sure you can make a bit out of over-explaining jokes that is funny. I'm pretty sure it's already been done even.

>> No.3650788
File: 210 KB, 1200x879, UnderDrawing.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650758

>You know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars...
>I know but this series is about 4chan and (you).

If this art "project" is about 4chan and requires you to annoy people and fill every thread with your art, honestly, I think you should be banned. This is a place for teaching/learning. Other people aren't here for your amusement. That's actually a horrible way to think about other people anyway.

>like we talking about specific face muscles and tendons and stuff or what?

Everything. Parts of the face that should be aligning aren't. Different parts of the face are painted from different angles. A lot of times it looks like these people don't even have bones. I can't point to a single thing like "muscles and tendons and stuff". You're not the worst at this stuff though so don't feel too bad. This is a good segway into your next greentext.

>I doo do this. >>3650598
(proper drawing)

Dude. I'm sorry but that's not a "proper drawing". The proportions are all fucked up and it's a bunch of scribble. The pic attached to this post is an okay underdrawing. Try to outline the areas of shadow and light. This also helps to abstract the shapes of the face so you don't fuck up the proportions so bad. Use straight lines as much as possible and keep it clean.

>I do this until I don't tbphwyf.

Well... You said it yourself.

Another thing is that you don't need to be so defensive about everything. If somebody here says that you should spend more time on your work they're probably saying it because (to them) it looks like you're not. Doesn't matter if you did because it doesn't show in your work. Or if they're telling you to paint from life more it's probably because it looks like you haven't done that enough either. If you think you're doing the right thing all the time and everybody else disagrees with you you're probably not doing the right thing. Get a grip man.

>> No.3650798
File: 2.40 MB, 2767x2818, 179. the whole gestalt.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650766
>I can't make art cause I can only make utter shit
that doesn't make any scents. Utter shit can be art.
>hey, maybe that can be my style?
I bet you can't do it!
>The cancer of the art world.
I mean you just created a retarded strawman and acted like a disingenuous faggot at that instead of actually interacting honestly. That's cancer of all the worlds. That's mind cancer.
>What if the same happened in music?
It happens literally every day. Gotta start somewhere. There was a time when Jimi Hendrix couldn't play guitar. In fact a lot of his style and innovation came from him learning to play the guitar fucking "wrong." Read a book bozo.
>I can't play so I'll make that my music.
I mean there are a lot of producers that "can't play," and not to mention that shit like electronic music is literally
>I can't play so I'll make that my music.
It's just a nerd on a laptop!
>It just proves that you have no idea that art is an actual skill
Eh it isn't. Anything can be art tbphwyf. What are you 13?

Not to mention that I'm not necessarily "unskilled" at what I do. I'm probably better at acrylic portraiture than you are or will ever be.

Like this post is such a clusterfuck of meaningless hypocrisy. Like how do you get "an actual skill" without labor?

This post makes me think that you're lazy and you don't produce anything and you justify why you don't by telling yourself that it's an "actual skill" that some people just get to have.

And like the idea that you "can't make art" if it's "utter shit" seems like EXACTLY what I used to tell myself when I made nothing at all. Like the idea that "you either gotta make a masterpiece or not even try" is what I used to tell myself when I didn't try. It's easy to think that you PROBABLY have the "actual skill" of "art" to make a great painting when you've never made a painting. It's Schrödinger's "actual skill" and as long as you don't try you never open the box!

>> No.3650808

[ - ]

>> No.3650824
File: 1.82 MB, 3322x2850, ahhhhhh grid.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650788
>If this art "project" is about 4chan and requires you to annoy people and fill every thread with your art, honestly, I think you should be banned.
I just respond to antagonistic (you)s and use my reaction image art on the art board. It seems weird to me how /ic/ probably has less average images posted in threads than fucking /lit/ or whatever. Just a fucking wall of text replies and everyone rees at anyone that posts their work. Why should I be banned for posting art in the art board?
>This is a place for teaching/learning.
And this is a project built around exactly that. I'm still planning on making this into an "instructional" video series and stuff.
>Other people aren't here for your amusement.
I didn't necessarily imply that they were.
>That's actually a horrible way to think about other people anyway.
I dont really think that way though. You asked me why I'm asking /ic/ for feedback. It's a dumb question so I responded with a meme.
>Everything. Parts of the face that should be aligning aren't. Different parts of the face are painted from different angles.
I mean almost all of these are exact proportional "copies" of the original image. examples?
>You're not the worst at this stuff though so don't feel too bad.
I don't.
>Dude. I'm sorry but that's not a "proper drawing".
Yes huh.
> The proportions are all fucked up
I mean they aren't though. It's a grid reproduction of the original image
>and it's a bunch of scribble.
yeah it was a goof related to a conversation I was having in one of Illustrats threads where anons were talking shit about gridding. The scribbles and shitposts written on the canvas were to cover the grid lines sarcastically.
>he pic attached to this post is an okay underdrawing.
yeah basically all of my shit looks like that before I paint on it. I don't bother with diagonal lines though. Like I'm used to people talking shit about how I'm a "copy machine" so this is kinda confusing2me

>> No.3650825

>>3650798
>Gotta start somewhere
obviously. But you recognize that this isn't good enough. Jimi Hendrix probably didn't post his first time playing the guitar on music forums cause he knew it was shit. He got good. He had vision. He didn't stop improving and made his first attempts his "style". You stopped improving at copying memes with grids, Something anyone can do. I make stuff all the time and 99% of the time I don't use refs. I am 1000x better than you but I am still not good enough to ask for peoples attention. You post your shit in everyones face 24/7 and have no artistic vision or goals. You do it for the attention, not for art. So you don't need anything more than to produce shit to start posting your "work".

>> No.3650832
File: 2.18 MB, 3771x2735, problem bozo 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650788
>Use straight lines as much as possible and keep it clean.
ok but here me out... what if instead I use my patented chickenscratch technique and get fucking graphite all over the canvas instead?
>Another thing is that you don't need to be so defensive about everything.
Yeah I know. I'm not actually btw. I'm adhd as fuck and I learn and process things by breaking them down and "arguing' or thinking about each point.
>Doesn't matter if you did because it doesn't show in your work.
I think it does. It's pretty clear the paintings that have 20+ hours in them versus the ones I did as an aside real quick with leftover paint
>If you think you're doing the right thing all the time
I don't though. Like I have been knowingly doing the "wrong thing" the whole time, but I'm painting internet memes. Yeah, drawing from life IS important and good practice, but when I'm like "how do I improve these paintings" and I get "do some life drawings" it's like ehhhh. Like yeah it's good advice generally but its not really what I'm doing. Like it'd be cool to eventually be get to doing some life drawing memes but that's still a bit down the road.

>> No.3650837

>>3650824

Oh jesus christ man. It doesn't matter if it's a grid reproduction if you make a thousand lines to define a single line and you're not doing anything to separate the areas of shadows. Again with this defensive attitude. Also it doesn't matter if you think it's right if it looks wrong. Don't draw/paint every separate tooth by the way.

A critique is not a challenge to a heated argument. You don't need to greentext every thing everybody says. People are giving you feedback. You're acting like one of those wild deer that gets stuck in a pipe or some shit and it doesn't understand that the firemen are trying to help it escape so it just tries to fight them off except you're getting stuck on that same fucking pipe every day. Even animals learn from their mistakes.

Do you really think that everybody else here is crazy and getting annoyed/frustrated over nothing? Do you have any sense of self-consciousness? Can you even try to look at yourself from the perspective of others?

I'm out. What a waste of time this probably was.

>> No.3650842
File: 878 KB, 1584x1008, dern 2017 v 2018.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650825
>obviously. But you recognize that this isn't good enough.
I mean they're unfinished paintings.
>Jimi Hendrix probably didn't post his first time playing the guitar on music forums cause he knew it was shit.
Also because computers were the size of a chevy and the internet didn't exist yet.
>He got good.
Yeah by learning to play on guitars upside down. He got good at doing things wrong which influenced how and what he played. He innovated around restrictions to create something new.
>He didn't stop improving
I haven't stopped improving. You act like trying new things and taking chances and highlighting when those chances misfire is somehow a fucking problem. You learn what works by fucking up a lot. Every single one of these is an attempt to try different stuff and get better.
>You stopped improving at copying memes with grids
Yeah because the means by your image is transfered to the canvas what determines your ability to make an acrylic painting. Like I agree that gridding may be a plateau in terms of improving your ability to hand draw an image onto canvas, but I'm not making hand drawings. I'm making paintings. Every "great" painter used grids on all of their paintings.
>Something anyone can do.
And yet you've probably NEVER done it huh. "Anyone" could have done what Mondrian did. But they didn't did they? Reeeing about how "anyone could do that" or "my kid could make that" is such a basic pleb thing to say. It's like you took a technical drawing course once and that's the extent of your art education.
>I make stuff all the time and 99% of the time I don't use refs.
post ur wrk my dude
>I am 1000x better than you
Well I don't care, so who you trying to convince here? Me or you? This is what I'm talking about with the whodoyouthinkyouare and yourenotbetterthanme memes that I get thrown at me constantly by anonymous kids.
> but I am still not good enough to ask for peoples attention.
ngmi lmao

>> No.3650844
File: 77 KB, 380x349, boomer.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650837
>tfw you realise this thread is just his "art project"
the only way to stop him is to stop replying anon. he isn't here for critique he's here for "critique". it is about time i hide this thread.

>> No.3650857
File: 485 KB, 1584x1008, 233. whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, 234. do it with all thy might.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650825
>You post your shit in everyones face 24/7
It's an anonymous imageboard with equal exposure for all posts on a thread. If you don't like that maybe reddit is a better format for you? You can downvote things there!
>and have no artistic vision or goals.
I've got a pretty thoroughly defined vision and a ton of goals all structured around muh van gogh race. I've only got at least 600 more paintings to go!
>You do it for the attention, not for art.
No I do it for art. Plus art is made to be seen. And this is an art forum. Not my fault that you're a fucking coward that hides all their 1000x great drawings.
>So you don't need anything more than to produce shit to start posting your "work".
Yep. And look at the affect that my "work" has on you.

Like your underlying anxiety about your own artistic production is so obvious. Your whole post is clearly about you projecting your own bullshit ngmi autism at me. It's not my fault that you're lazy and misguided and escared of anonymous shitposters.

>> No.3650880
File: 1.03 MB, 2240x2829, 24. Meme Dog.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650837
>It doesn't matter if it's a grid reproduction
Tell that to other bozo.
>f you make a thousand lines to define a single line
chxn scratch 4 lyfe
>and you're not doing anything to separate the areas of shadows.
I generally do. Kind of stopped bothering as much recently since you can just look at the picture and stuff.
> Again with this defensive attitude.
I'm just responding and reading and stuff. Like ITT I got someone calling me a photoshopper, I got someone saying that using grids means I can never improve at painting, and then we're talking about how my proportions and anatomy are fucked. Like the proportions being accurate in most of them is generally agreed-upon so I'm actually interested in what you're talking about.
>Also it doesn't matter if you think it's right if it looks wrong.
I never said I did think it's "right." and again THESE ARE UNFINISHED PAINTINGS. Things can look "wrong" when they're in production as far as I'm concerned. They can look "wrong" when they're done too if there's a reason behind it.
>You don't need to greentext every thing everybody says.
It's just how I process stuff.
>Even animals learn from their mistakes.
Yeah no shit that's why I set out to make them.
>Do you really think that everybody else here is crazy and getting annoyed/frustrated over nothing?
haven't really thought about it. Yeah?
>Do you have any sense of self-consciousness?
yeah
>Can you even try to look at yourself from the perspective of others?
yeah
>I'm out. What a waste of time this probably was.
Appreciate the feedback! Enjoy the rest of your day! Maybe take all this frustration you have at me and make a painting about it!

>> No.3650884
File: 2.22 MB, 2822x3482, 144. Lawrence pout.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

well this fucking ate up the day

>> No.3650906
File: 1.42 MB, 2500x3129, 105. Broken Levy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650844
I mean I started this thread just to post what I was working on. And why do you care about "stopping" other people from doing stuff? Why not just make your own stuff and quit worrying about everyone else?
>he isn't here for critique he's here for "critique".
No as I said it the OP of this thread I'm here soliciting practical suggestions on what to do on the the paintings I'm working on. It isn't really my problem that this is so fucking confounding on /ic/.

Like I appreciate the irony that all I really want is for people to tell me what to do, and all I ever get is people telling me why I'm generally "wrong" and trying to "stop" me and reporting me for posting art in the art board. That's like my favorite meme about (you) d/ic/ks.
>it is about time i hide this thread.
maybe do something productive! Make your own memes instead of getting triggered about mine!

>> No.3650926

>>3650770
kys

>> No.3650935
File: 1.30 MB, 2017x3819, 288. KYS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650926
EIGHT

MORE

YEARS

LMAO

>> No.3650968

>>3650884
totally by accident and not because you're a self sabotaging retard

>> No.3650983
File: 1.33 MB, 2541x3329, 30. Zinger.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650968
porque no los dos?

>> No.3650984
File: 1.44 MB, 2321x2911, 127. Ethan Loves Charity.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

should I unfuck this one a bit?

>> No.3650990
File: 190 KB, 1200x900, ethan loves cum.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650984
yes

>> No.3650991
File: 1.00 MB, 2962x3695, 281. hila wineface2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650990
ok

>> No.3651060 [DELETED] 
File: 2.04 MB, 4032x3024, ethan loves charity 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650984
WHERE WERE YOU WHEN /IC/ GOT BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

>> No.3651062 [DELETED] 

>>3650990
GOTTEM

>> No.3651064
File: 1.82 MB, 2853x3660, ethan loves charity 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650990
GET DABBED ON HOSERS

>> No.3651067

>>3650984
>>3650990
Jesus christ. How do you use a grid and still manage to fuck this up so badly?

>> No.3651071
File: 1.82 MB, 2562x3234, 58. Proper PPE.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3651067
it's acktually a graphite transfer. One of the last ones. One of the first paintings that I tried doing from scratch whilst streaming with an active audience of some random kids that I had played pubg with, so the whole "fuck drawing let's just trace this onto the canvas shit real quick" thing was done hastily and stuff. And then it was abandoned in favor of trying to make a painting of a galaxy using a kitchen sponge.

>> No.3651073

>>3649527
keep doing whatever you're doing because it triggers the /ic/ regulars like clockwork, the best part is that you actually post your work too

>> No.3651083

>>3651073
the point of posting your work is to show that you aren't shit

>> No.3651085

you really need to use more paint

>> No.3651099
File: 698 KB, 3024x3024, 226. seen green.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3651073
bingpot
>>3651083
It should be to establish your focus and frame of reference. Like if you have ANY demonstrable experience making tradfag paintings or portraits I'm going to take your opinion way more seriously than if you draw animu tiddies on your phone.

This idea that "the point of posting your work is to show that you aren't shit" is fucking retarded, considering almost everyone here IS shit. There's so much blatantly-projected toxic insecurity and hostility for a board that's supposed to be for artists that want to get better. How do you get better when you're afraid that some anonymous kid may be a meanie at you if you share? You afraid that people would treat you like you treat them?

You should reconsider your priorities generally probably. People will never be impressed by how well you can justify why you have nothing to show for yourself.

>> No.3651102
File: 1.49 MB, 2551x3237, 249. stone ugh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3651085
I'm working on it. Really gooped it on on this one.

>> No.3651120

>>3651102
with an EVEN FINISH

christ man get some palette knives

>> No.3651125

>>3651099
you wouldn't be annoying if you actually improved or listened to criticism. now you rarely even get criticism because it's a lost cause

>> No.3651136
File: 689 KB, 4032x3024, 274. hot dog dog harrison 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3651125
>you wouldn't be annoying if you actually improved
but I have improved a lot. And it's such an empty "fuck you" thing to say to someone. Like when you come out the gate taking a blanket shit on everything someone is doing, why would you expect them to then listen to or meaningfully appreciate your "criticism?"
> now you rarely even get criticism because it's a lost cause
I mean I get plenty it's just mostly ad hominems or ball busting or "you haven't improved" type of memes that can't really be meaningfully applied to anything.
>>3651120
Yeah that one is sloppy with fucking matte gel and gesso mixed into the paint. Got some palette knives a while ago I just haven't gotten into using them yet. Instead I just don't clean the brushes and let them get all hard.

>> No.3651149

>>3649527
this ones your most aesthetically pleasing one imo since the values/colors arent just bared all over the goddamn place

>> No.3651154

>>3651136
The right one actually looks pretty decent. Its been interesting watching your progress. It seems as if you’re starting to push your values more and finding more cohesive palettes to work with. Personally, I’ve gone from being absolutely disgusted by your presence here to legitimately interested in your progress.

>> No.3651160

Please don't stop posting your meme paintings, they make me laff. :^)

>> No.3651168

>>3650770
>But what if, let's say that you woke up one morning and discovered that there was a poopy in your bed, and you did a process of elimination of who couldn't have done it in your search for the real culprit?
kek

>> No.3651188
File: 3.07 MB, 3766x2829, 298. I dont feel anything.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3651149
I can see that tbphwyf
>>3651154
>The right one actually looks pretty decent.
yeah it's kind of one of my favorites. Still "undone" and stuff but it's pretty close. They were painted on July 5, 2016 (year zero) and July 5, 2018 (year two) and they both are kind of representing the differences in the "periods" or whatever.

The left one is #4, and was kind of the start of the idea to knowingly use black paint for contour lines and shadows on top of realistically painted skin tones to create a "novel aesthetic." It was also the first graphite transfer.

And then the one on the right is exactly 2 years later, was a grid, uses no black, doesn't water down the acrylic, but is now too tinted and kind of washed out by whites being mixed in the paint and stuff.
>Personally, I’ve gone from being absolutely disgusted by your presence here to legitimately interested in your progress.
GOTTEEM

>> No.3651194
File: 1.60 MB, 2511x3140, 106. Qualley Quirky XD.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

about to goof on this one in spite of probably being 2drunk2notmakeshit. But I let someone else choose which still frame to do and I still think I liked a different frame better so I haven't given a shit about it. It always just gets hit with a leftover shit and then abandoned.
>3651160
kkk

>> No.3651195
File: 2.87 MB, 850x480, kenzo faces.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3651194

>> No.3651202
File: 1.35 MB, 4032x1257, rainbow faces july 17 update.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3651195
>>3651194
It was started as part of the a "sequel trilogy" to the first 3 face rainbow paintings I did (red lawrence, purple headey, blue green), and like any sequel trilogy it was kind of phoned in. It just didn't happen in the manic magic huzzah type of creative impulse as the first 3. Muh heart wasn't in them.

First three are https://youtu.be/45GkUiuRmjM?t=1137

>> No.3651208
File: 2.37 MB, 2863x2855, 114. cage face 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3651202
mean https://youtu.be/45GkUiuRmjM?t=1118

Yeah Yeah Yeahs song.

The Queen song is all just circlejerk cancer about slowly and repeatedly ruining an idubbz painting with black paint.

>> No.3651225
File: 1.68 MB, 2450x3113, 46. Purple Headey.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

and like this one is kind of the inciting point/thesis statement for a few different things. Like I didn't notice I put a white streak on it while it happened, but then once I noticed it it looked like Blue Green was awkwardly looking at it and Red Lawrence was making an anxiety face about it. It was kind of the start of really getting annoying about leaning into the wabi sabi memes and retroactively building out from mistakes and stuff idk.

It was also the same day I thought applying the Lateralus song to building a structure of "periods" or phases or whatever. Like I had been annoyed with the Blue Green and the "using black paint on skin tones" meme and then Purple Headey was like HEY YOU CAN RUIN PAINTINGS WITH WHITE PAINT TOO YA DIMBUS and I was like shit you right.

https://youtu.be/Fda0qh3wC_0

BLACK
THEN
WHITE ARE
ALL I SEE
IN MY INFANCY
RED AND YELLOW THEN CAME TO BE
REACHING OUT TO ME
LETS ME SEE
As below, so above and beyond, I imagine
drawn beyond the lines of reason.
Push the envelope.
Watch it bend.

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must
Feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.
I embrace my desire to
feel the rhythm, to feel connected
enough to step aside and weep like a widow
to feel inspired, to fathom the power,
to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain,
to swing on the spiral
of our divinity and still be a human.

With my feet upon the ground I lose myself
between the sounds and open wide to suck it in,
I feel it move across my skin.
I'm reaching up and reaching out,
I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me.
And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been.
We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.

>> No.3651248
File: 1.85 MB, 2564x3290, 38. Sadam Sandler.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

and in terms of the sequence of events and how time is entropy and free will is a meme memes and stuff it's interesting maybe to talk about how much of a bipolar thing it generally is 4me.

Here's the day I'm referring to:
https://youtu.be/45GkUiuRmjM?t=873

Like I worked on pic related and a bunch of other "depression" related paintings and then unironically just tanked into a 2 week depressive do-nothing episode, where the last thing I had worked on was Blue Green >>3650715 and Goose Enjoying the Show.

This was all (I believe) the first day someone pointed out that there was an Always Sunny meme painter on reddit and I got sad because he was actually good at painting. Like I had the Sadam Sandler and Why Penguin canvasses ready to go but I was mostly gearing up to do the Dennis >implication meme, and someone on /tv/ pointed out that there already was a meme painter doing IASiP and I got bummed and ended up just painting a bunch of depressive shit and crashing for 2 weeks.

So then when I came back and decided I was going to focus more attention on the aesthetic I'm mostly drawn toward (beautiful women publicly making awkward stress faces or acting unironically silly) it led to a big manic explosion of production and inspiration.

And the point of all of this is to just try and establish why I leave things undone or "unpleasing." I sometimes like the "ugliness" of what it looked like after a storm. It's entirely self-centered and self-defeating and dumb and I appreciate that, but I also kind of don't care anymore. Everyone is trained to be a narcissist and then shamed about it if they ever get uppity. Like if it's ugly and undone and "wrong," but the ugliness is something that triggers my mind to relive the experience, I'd rather just soak that shit in for as long as possible. Time is entropy. I can never go back to the naivety or belligerent indifference now. The planet will never be in the same location in space twice in my lifetime.

>> No.3651264
File: 2.36 MB, 2684x3445, 156. never forget .jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

also I'm pretty gay in a good way for how that year one sequence ended with pic related, tayface, and hindsight benefit. I think how it worked out that the big finale "american dream" plays when I add blues to the jlaw fappening painting happens is kino as fuck. Makes me so smitten.

Fun fact: The pic related was painted on the day my dog Bronson died. And the song "American Dream" by LCD Sound System that is playing in the timelapse may have been what caused his fatal seizure!

>> No.3651268

probably spent more time writing nonsensical bull shit and replying with paragraphs in this thread than you've spent on every god awful painting you've posted in the same.

>> No.3651269
File: 1.82 MB, 2432x3098, 47. Red Lawrence.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3651264
forgot link https://youtu.be/45GkUiuRmjM

>> No.3651272
File: 1.96 MB, 2687x3630, blue lawrence.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3651268
non

>> No.3651275
File: 2.32 MB, 2780x3548, 215. bad brush.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3651269
goofed it again https://youtu.be/45GkUiuRmjM?t=3321

>> No.3651314

>>3651275
What are you painting on?

>> No.3651333
File: 2.14 MB, 4032x3024, meme stacc.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3651314
normally alcohol and pot, but also adderall or modalert or microdosing lsd in phases. Currently in day 3 of another adderall phase after having not been on it since december/january of 2016/2017.

Or if you mean what surface I'm painting on it's like 296 canvas panels and 8 stretched canvas 8x10s. Generally the cheapest shit available on amazon. Started with 8x10s then 11x14s then 12x12s then 10x20s then 12x16s then 20x24 panels.

Much easier to hoard than stretched canvasses.

>> No.3651343

>>3651333
oh yeah sorry, I meant the surface. what do you think about modafinil?

>> No.3651368
File: 1.64 MB, 2008x3943, 167. Venus De Stracted.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3651343
>what do you think about modafinil?
it's ok. I had tried for years to get it through a psychiatrist but no dice (their opinion is it's a wakefulness/sleep disorder related med so they don't like prescribing it). So I eventually ended up getting it over the dark webbz, whcih ended up being sketch as fuck because it was delived to my house from India with a big old PRESCRIPTION MEDICAL DRUGS PACKAGE label on the outside.

Overall in terms of being used in production I'd say it's probably generally probably much better 4me than adderall. Like it's a good way to just get out of a depressive cycle of behavior without the risk of amphetamine-induced mania. Like I'd take it in the morning and just not be tired all day. Which is basically what I was using adderall but. But the difference between them is that modafinil just makes me "not tired" while adderall makes me "hyperfocused on literally whatever I'm currently doing."

Like today I took 15 mg of adderall in the morning, but because I didn't get to painting before it kicked in, and instead had started responding to shitposts ITT, instead of being productive I just dove headfirst into the whole "writing essays in response to every (you)" meme and generally spent most of the day bottle-rocketing at the wrong target. Modafinil isn't really like that as much.

But also the modafinil period was pretty much entirely overlapped by the microdosing lsd period so I don't have as much familiarity with it on it's own like I do with amphetamine stimulants, which I've been prescribed to since 3rd grade.

Honestly in terms of being motivated towards creative production while rewiring your brain to ignore anxiety and depression, taking a few drops of microdosed liquid acid has probably been the most significant. Like I started "abusing" it by taking ~5-10 drops instead of 1-2, but even then when it was like you're "almost tripping" that was the best state of mind for painting memes for 10 hours.

>> No.3651379 [DELETED] 

>>3651368
microdosing sounds the best out of all of that to me then. i've been looking at it a bit on the dark net the past couple weeks and it's tempting, especially for >rewiring your brain to ignore anxiety and depression

>> No.3651380

>>3651368
microdosing sounds the best out of all of that to me then. i've been looking at it a bit on the dark net the past couple weeks and it's tempting, especially for anxiety/depression

>> No.3651394
File: 2.27 MB, 2721x3699, 199. classic gag.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3651368
like paintings from the acid phase start after 158. Hindsight Benefit (end of year one, death of Bronson), and then generally was in play for everything up to 258 or 259. Basically 100 paintings were started and worked on, including many of the best ones so far, in the span of like 3-4 months.
>>3651379
>microdosing sounds the best out of all of that to me then.
I know a few other artists and directors that have fucked with it and it's the general consensus. It changes the doors of perception that use and kind of just shuts down all the behavioral habits of laziness and self-justification that normally cripple people( or at least me) from making productive momentum.
>i've been looking at it a bit on the dark net the past couple weeks and it's tempting, especially for >rewiring your brain to ignore anxiety and depression
yeah I'd pretty much recommend that EVERYONE should have an experience with it if they're seriously interested in being a motivated artfag. It fundamentally changes and detaches you from the personal hangups that you are allowing yourself to hold you back.

And the beautiful thing about it is that it's not like pot or other drugs that ultimately just make things more comfy and foggy. It's kind of a life changing thing with one trip. It's not like you get "addicted" to tripping. You can trip once and just that experience will kind of open entirely new "doors of perception" that kind of stay open forever once you discover what it feels like to go through them.

And then for people like me that are used to the buzz from adderall, when you get right at the threshold of "tripping" while microdosing, you're basically triggering the same buzzy impulse towards doing ANYTHING but it's more mindful and detached and stuff. Even when I'm "jacked up" on microdosing there's like no avoidance anxiety impulses and procrastination and stuff. Like I just stopped going on 4chan entirely entirely.

It gets a full endorsement from me. Try it safely.

>> No.3651719

Nigga, you should be banned.
Your shit's worthless, you're ignoring all advice and rambling about shit nobody cares about.

You're more irritating than Fortnite kids on twitch. Good job I guess.

>> No.3651745
File: 2.30 MB, 2916x2915, 186. smile.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3651719
thank you for your input

>> No.3651788
File: 1.99 MB, 980x1267, 7D3EE33D-0077-4840-854A-D5F8068DDB0A.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hey jimmy, so you want to be told what to do.
Simple.
I know you like grids but this will be a challenge.
THE GOAL IS PERFECTION AND THE PORPOISE IS LEARNING:)
Charles Bargue.
He was a teacher in France who made copies of casts and taught students from them.
Vincent Van Gogh did these “Bargue plates” several times and wrote to his brother Theo about them.
Van Gogh bust with excitement about how much he learned from doing them.
I’ve got a link for you to HI REZ scans of the plates below.
There is no instruction to them as all the instructions were done by the teachers themselves.
I will include some links to how people today use them.
You can use grids, or if you wanna really learn from them, just use a plumb line and then measure with a tool (pencil,thread,knitting needle) like many artist do now.
You can take as long on these as you like or as little time as you want.
This is kinda home atelier training where you learn super amounts of stuff and can take it as far as you want.
I am just starting these myself and will go on to drawings of cast reproductions of classical sculptures.

Good luck man.

The plates:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3L35qUeb0ASekVSbTQyWXJyQ3c/view

Here’s a couple of links to see how some folks do them...

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=113729

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12104&highlight=bargue

>> No.3651816
File: 2.26 MB, 4032x3024, memer at the zune.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3651788
sounds sick I'll definitely have to give it a gogh. Think I remember learning about it at some point probably at art school when I was in like 6th grade probably. Looks like the kind of tedious autism that I could get into.

watching this boo explain it meow but he's boring
https://youtu.be/YGn8ok9vYkY
https://youtu.be/YGn8ok9vYkY
and this guy
https://youtu.be/Xu2IMgeF0Ts
oh dope cesar santos has a video about it too
https://youtu.be/1o3GWT-GjcE

>> No.3651818
File: 14 KB, 300x168, francis bacon studio.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650475
I wonder what Francis Bacon's house was like

>> No.3651820 [DELETED] 
File: 2.57 MB, 4032x3024, 106. Qualley Quirky XD 3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3651194
oof and yikespilled

and what's really fucked is when I was first going to work on it again I was thinking "maybe I'll go super realism on it" and then idk what happened.

>> No.3651822
File: 2.25 MB, 2776x3663, 106. Qualley Quirky XD 3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3651194
oof and yikespilled

and what's really fucked is when I was first going to work on it again I was thinking "maybe I'll go super realism on it" and then idk what happened.

Chances of pulling this one back from the brink seem pretty low tbphwyf

>> No.3651849

>>3651195
I'll be cringing for a week from this. And you chose this as your style. The sooner you stop the better, it's not too late Jimmy, we can all pretend this never happened if you stop now.

I'm not telling you to stop making stuff, I'm telling you to stop making THIS stuff. If you also could fuck off, that would be great.

>> No.3651853
File: 2.97 MB, 850x480, confirmed for ADHD.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3651849
t uncultured goobus

>> No.3651890
File: 3.18 MB, 3024x4032, 106. Qualley Quirky XD 4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3651822
>>3651194
ayo fuck ears they're the feet of the face

>> No.3651896

>>3651890
https://youtu.be/umjFkY9uAdo

>> No.3651913

>>3651195
>>3651853
what is this from?

>> No.3651919
File: 2.95 MB, 850x480, kenzo S T R O N K.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3651913
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABz2m0olmPg

perfume commercial drekted by Spike Jonze

>> No.3651922

[ - ]

>> No.3651931
File: 1.82 MB, 4032x3024, 158. hindsight benefit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650808
>>3651922
go on

>> No.3652036

>>3651745
Barguebro here.
Dude this ain’t half bad value wise.
Keep it up!

>> No.3652103 [DELETED] 
File: 2.14 MB, 4032x3024, 106. Qualley Quirky 5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3651194
>>3651822
>>3651890
>>3651890
we /rashcore/ now bb

>> No.3652104
File: 1.89 MB, 2857x3666, 106. Qualley Quirky 5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3651194 (You)
>>3651822 (You)
>>3651890 (You)
>>3651890 (You)
we /rashcore/ now bb

>> No.3652146 [DELETED] 
File: 1.87 MB, 4032x3024, 127. Ethan Loves Charity 3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650984
>>3650990
>>3651064
wacka wacka

>> No.3652148
File: 1.54 MB, 2761x3561, 127. Ethan Loves Charity 3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650984 (You)
>>3650990 (You)
>>3651064 (You)
wacka wacka

>> No.3652390

Firez works looks better than you paintings what the fuck

>> No.3652411

>>3649527
I love the Ethan you did. With a little more rendering i would spend money on that. I can't tell you exactly how you would render it to make it look better, i am not that good. just i'm happy you're looking to improve and i support you. I take back the anonymous mean thing i said to you on another thread. hehe sorry

>> No.3652425

>>3651818
Akshually, the restb of the house was vert well tended to.

>> No.3652532

>>3649527
>What colors should I layer, what kind of strokes, etc. Tell me what to do.
Basically stop being manic in your approach ie. Spitting out as many canvasses as possible. Start focusing on quality of your work.

If you are into realism you need to study your source/foto more, so you can get the colours right.
Those point/van Gogh strokes doesn’t work.

>> No.3652595
File: 2.46 MB, 3024x3024, 122. Ford Heh 4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3649534
>>3649535
bingbong

>> No.3652613
File: 1.38 MB, 2865x3648, 131. They what now?.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3652036
thanks that's one of the ones that I blue it first and then stack skin tones and red and stuff on top.
>>3652390
idk firez tbphwyf
>>3652411
yeah it's getting there
>I take back the anonymous mean thing i said to you on another thread.
aint no thang
>>3652532
>Start focusing on quality of your work.
getting there maybe
>Those point/van Gogh strokes doesn’t work.
I think they CAN work. When I do too pointillism it looks like they have disease though.

>> No.3652657
File: 1.19 MB, 3519x2958, 239. x-men! 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3651272
think I'm gonna work on thissun again

guess I'll just keep going with like ~.5-1 inch lines instead of doing /rashcore/

>> No.3652763 [DELETED] 
File: 2.29 MB, 4032x3024, Blue Lawrence 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3651272
>>3652657
mistakes were made but not by me

>> No.3652765
File: 2.15 MB, 2860x3876, Blue Lawrence 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3651272
>>3652657
mistakes were made but not by me

it's annoying how much this shit fucking posts sideways every thyme. wonder if it's because the camera is pointing down when the pict is taken so it gets all retarded about it

>> No.3652768
File: 128 KB, 696x1043, jlaw face 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3652765
can barely tell the difference

>> No.3652861
File: 1.32 MB, 1440x900, 1 9.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i like the color usage of your stuff
though not a fan of the whole meme shit, and i just hate lips in general
paint pic related

>> No.3652863

>>3652613
this looks good in the face. should've used a pallet knife for the highlights of the glasses instead of brush

>> No.3652871
File: 2.71 MB, 3024x4032, Blue Lawrence 3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3651272
>>3652765
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC30BYR3CUk

>> No.3652882
File: 485 KB, 1584x1008, they live 2017 unt 2018.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3652861
I mostly hate ears and feet but lips are annoying too. Saving them for last on >>3652871

>>3652863
yeah that's defitely one of the better ones for the longer gogh strokes + psychadelic color meme. And yeah the glasses were the last thing I did with the same brush as everything else, and they're the thing I look at when I look at it.

And yeah I need to start doing pallet knives now since I'm getting more and more into strokez. Plus all my brushes are fucked.

>> No.3652891
File: 2.25 MB, 3306x2680, 265. Broken Ruhle.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

finna work on this one on account of all the bombs on the news. It was started on the day of the capital gazette shooting

>> No.3652892
File: 709 KB, 960x640, ruhle face 2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3652891

>> No.3652942
File: 245 KB, 1024x716, Adult-coloring-book.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3649527

>> No.3652959
File: 2.57 MB, 3911x2954, 265. Broken Ruhle 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3652891
got bored pretty quick. brush is too dirty and I drank too much Rum in reaction to >>3652871 which has the potential to be one of muh best juans. Still plenty of opportunities to fuck it up tho

>> No.3652961
File: 3.62 MB, 3649x2844, 135. I Don't Believe You.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3652942
I got an idea for a subscription box business where each month you get a few canvasses with memes transferred onto them already. Paint your own meme subscription box!

>> No.3653000

>>3652961
>I got an idea for a subscription box business where each month you get a few canvasses with memes transferred onto them already.
do that

>> No.3653180
File: 2.11 MB, 2659x3398, 83. Alba Ew.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

the flight of the conchords special on hbo is dope

>> No.3653182 [DELETED] 
File: 3.32 MB, 4032x3024, 83. Alba Ew 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3653180

>> No.3653183
File: 3.22 MB, 2899x3914, 83. Alba Ew 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3653180
goddamn every new pict is the wrong way flipt

>> No.3653203
File: 51 KB, 573x800, alba face.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3653183
idk which approach to take on this one for the second act. Like I could go for more gogh strokes or I could try and take it for a more blending realism meme.

and I feel like I'm getting too into the same order of operations. And on one side it's like "go ahead and really dial in one approach while it's fresh in your mind and practiced" and then on the other side it's like "time is entropy huzzah for anarchy" and then on another side it's like "fuck it go snuggle with the cats."
https://youtu.be/FYH8DsU2WCk

>> No.3653274

>>3650880
this is your best painting btw

>> No.3653321
File: 1.92 MB, 2541x3183, 48. Top Cruise.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3652871
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvS351QKFV4

https://youtu.be/vtPk5IUbdH0

>> No.3653331
File: 3.79 MB, 3657x2866, 295. cruise the void.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3652871
like I just want everyone to be able to feel the sense of huzzah manic satifaction that I got from how that painting is playing right now.

It was months of anxiety and then it felt like I goofed it and then I just kept working and even though I goofed a bunch of things it's still SO feelsgood to have gotten this far.

Time is entropy,
I'm gonna live forever.
We ride eternal.

>> No.3653339

>>3653321
Hey I have you advice about values and colors and complements and shit once, and I just want to say you’re on the right track. Just make the
Cools a higher value pleas, you’re very close, thank you

>> No.3653341

>>3653339
Or the warms, either way something has to be a higher value

>> No.3653348
File: 1.79 MB, 4032x3024, zazen.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

like I've just been sitting here listening to music looking at the work I've been doing and thinking about what to do and what I did and just existing outside of the linear frustrations of time and just enjoying being.

Production is existence.

>> No.3653360
File: 1.64 MB, 2531x3098, 93. Rooney Has Special Powers.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

mfw today

https://youtu.be/9wxI4KK9ZYo

>> No.3654310

>>3653360
I always thought this was by Duran Duran, but i just learned today it's original artist is Lou Reed and somehow david bowie is producer but i have no idea how involved that means he was i feel lied to.

>> No.3655425

>>3652871
this one is pretty interesting so far desu

>> No.3655622

>>3650543
if you think that my advice to do more reading and STUDY and stop mass producing this utter, utter garbage is not valid and in your best interests then im afraid there's no helping you.

i dont care if its not what you want to hear, but these paintings are awful. like stomach turningly awful. they are so bad that they make me feel that the human race is mostly worthless.

I love people who love painting but you show only disrespect to the craft by making, and then by god actually POSTING this visual drivel. If you truly love painting and aren't a moronic narcissist with delusions of grandeur like your posts make you seem, stop posting your work and start looking at other peoples with real scrutiny to see how you can do better. AND FUCKING READ.

>> No.3656298
File: 1.28 MB, 2575x3148, 14. Happy Sadman Thumbsup.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3655622
>if you think that my advice to do more reading and STUDY
I do that constantly
>and stop mass producing this utter, utter garbage
Gotta make it to 900 my dude. That's the race.
> is not valid
It isn't tho
>then im afraid there's no helping you.
lol coward
>i dont care if its not what you want to hear
it's irrelevant. Means nothing. You're arguing against a strawman.
>but these paintings are awful.
better than yours my guy
>they are so bad that they make me feel that the human race is mostly worthless.
you probably already felt that and you go through confirming your own biases. And often what people think about "humanity" is what they actually think about themselves. Don't be so hard on yourself gurl.
>I love people who love painting
Bet you do nerd
>but you show only disrespect to the craft by making
show ur wrk
> and then by god actually POSTING this visual drivel.
Yeah and look at the effect it's having on you. You're writing essays about me lol.
>If you truly love painting and aren't a moronic narcissist with delusions of grandeur
false dichotomy. It can be both.
>stop posting your work
lol no. Start posting your work and quit projecting your impotence at me.
>and start looking at other peoples
I do.
>with real scrutiny
I do.
>to see how you can do better.
I do.
>AND FUCKING READ.
I do.

kys my doggo. What a useless shitpost.

>> No.3656367

>>3655622
totally agree with this. there are people that simply don't take any advice whatsoever. he still paints all the teeth with black outlines, still does this (( )) background brushwork, still the "coloring book" mentality in his autistic tracing routine ...
these paintings make me angry and physically ill:
>>3652891
>>3652871
>>3652595 dicknose, another traced mess
>>3652148 absolutely hate the egg shaped face in that one
>>3650857 chicken scratches + incapable of understanding form + tracing = this (applies to basically all, but shows esp. in this one)
>>3649623 ugh
>>3649536 looks like his face was smeared with ink

>>3650693
you've been way too nice and understanding with Jimmy here.

>> No.3656370

>>3656298
whenever i see one of your autistic "black-green-black-green" reply carpets, i skip it. all you ever do is hurl slang and cool buzzwords at people - "spearment", "huzzah", blah blah blah - and go all "that's not true!" or "i don't care!" at all the points made about your lazy, routine-blinded work.

literally every single mistake you make is "deliberate" in your man-child universe. it's aaalllll deliberate. you know better. you are an expert and just "bend the rules for fun". such a lame fucking childish shit of a joke.

>> No.3656401
File: 863 KB, 2366x3832, memeirl.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3656367
>there are people that simply don't take any advice whatsoever.
I do though. Saying "look at more stuff and STUDY" is useless. That's understood and executed on already. I don't not do that. Helpful, not-autistic, things to say would be to talk about SPECIFIC FUCKING THINGS TO STUDY.
> he still paints all the teeth with black outlines
Like this shit is retarded. Fuck yourself asshole. Pretty sure we've already had this conversation too.
A: I generally DON'T paint teeth at all.
B: If I do it's the last thing I do.
C: I have not used ANY black paint (with a few exceptions like on elon musk's shirt) since January.
So no I "still" don't do any part of that.
>still does this (( )) background brushwork
Sometimes I do. Most of the backgrounds haven't been done though.
> still the "coloring book" mentality in his autistic tracing routine ...
A bunch of them are hand drawn. And gridding isn't tracing. I don't think you've ever made a painting in your life. Prove me wrong.
>these paintings make me angry and physically ill:
Good. And I love that you're looking at in production paintings and getting so upset. You'll never be a producer. You're not going to make it.

And >>3650857 are both hand drawn. They're paintings ABOUT your brand of reee muh hand drawing autism. So it's interesting to see you highlight it for how the "tracing" is showing. Get hosed ya boner.

>looks like his face was smeared with ink
No it's blue paint. Can do purples or anything else. Just putting down the darker tones first and stacking lighter ones on top. You'd seemingly have to understand that at least a little bit. Or I guess you're probably just a consumer or whatever.

>you've been way too nice and understanding with Jimmy here.
You are actively disingenuous and you literally have no idea what you're talking about with any of this autism. You REFUSE to have understanding and then get "physically ill" from evidence of production. I bet you're fat.

>> No.3656412
File: 663 KB, 2277x2969, 112. Smashface.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3656370
>whenever i see one of your autistic "black-green-black-green" reply carpets, i skip it.
A: I don't know who you are. So I fundamentally do not and can not care about the things you choose to do.
B: Your inability to read and desperate need to justify why you don't is probably something you should reflect on.
>all you ever do is hurl slang and cool buzzwords at people
How would you know? You skip it.
>spearment",
homophones are funny to me. How is that a "buzzword?"
>"huzzah", blah blah blah
I didn't invent huzzah, and I don't really use it all that often. I really like a quote said by George Engel right before he was executed: "Huzzah for anarchy! This is the happiest moment of my life!"
> and go all "that's not true!" or "i don't care!"
I mean if someone says something that isn't accurate I correct it. And I say I don't care about self-important narcissism like writing a paragraph to say that you can't read English comfortably.
>lazy
post your work
>routine-blinded work.
I change the routine pretty frequently. Do different shit every day.
>literally every single mistake you make is "deliberate" in your man-child universe.
No it's embraced. On porpoise.
>it's aaalllll deliberate
never say that. In fact I'm pretty open and aware of the mistakes on each and every one.
>you know better.
I don't though. That's the point.
>you are an expert
I'd say I'm becoming an "expert" at making my paintings. Pretty useless expertise though.
>and just "bend the rules for fun"
push the envelope watch it bend
>such a lame fucking childish shit of a joke
you just don't like it because you're the punchline.

>> No.3656418

>>3656401
>I don't think you've ever made a painting in your life.
another ace childish reply, Jimmy ;)
I bet you know all about me.
Please point out exactly why you think I don't know what I'm talking about.

I completely agree with this anon
>>3655622
>like stomach turningly awful. they are so bad that they make me feel that the human race is mostly worthless.
>I love people who love painting but you show only disrespect to the craft by making
you really do shit on painting by doing what you do. and in a sad way, it really fits your routine in terms of character. i often point out that people like Illastrat are producing awful art that doesn't leap over that threshold of becoming so bad that it turns them into interesting, oddly appealing paintings, like the "museum of bad art" collection. you are basically on that same level: annoyingly bad at doing portraits. you don't understand the anatomy of a face, that's why all your tracing and gridding can't help you. it will always be off, and in a disturbing way, like a freak monstrosity sheep, born without a nose and a gaping hole in the head somewhere in rural India.
you've put the cart before the horse in that you have skipped learning basic skills and jumped right into hobby painter crooks to copy from internet pics.

people would be fine with that, if you'd just be humble about it and realize that you have a shitload to learn, still. but like Illastrat, you are being a man-baby, defending and excusing all your flaws and being a stubborn little bitch about it. this is what upsets me when i look at your half-baked conceptual meme project and the terrible results. the way you do it is one that guarantees a low-to-no-progress-curve.

at the top of your to-do list should be working on your mental health, your body hygiene, cleanliness of your fucking derelict flat and your social skills.
literally NO artist on a respectable level recommends using drugs -while- doing art.

>> No.3656423
File: 207 KB, 692x960, police face grab.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3656412
>I'd say I'm becoming an "expert" at making my paintings.
how we laughed

>> No.3656463
File: 3.12 MB, 3024x4032, 143. justice gouge.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3656418
>another ace childish reply, Jimmy ;)
the irony is that you're probably a literal child.
>I bet you know all about me.
Mostly just your mental illness.
>Please point out exactly why you think I don't know what I'm talking about.
I don't paint teeth with black outlines for one. I don't even paint teeth normally. And your "coloring book" mentality to me screams that you're probably not a painter and you've probably never made anything other than the fundamentals of drawing. You aren't bringing anything to the table in terms of depth of knowledge or intellectual empathy. You can barely grasp the language.
>you really do shit on painting by doing what you do.
dope. Big fan of subversion. Said that 1000 times by now. You shit on yourself everyday you write essays at artists that are mostly just you justifying to yourself why you do nothing at all.
>you are basically on that same level: annoyingly bad at doing portraits.
And you're not on any level at all most likely. That's why you get "annoyed." You want to think that you're better than people but too lazy to prove it
>you don't understand the anatomy of a face
prove it
>hat's why all your tracing and gridding can't help you.
it helps literally anyone. It'd help you. You should try it.
> it will always be off, and in a disturbing way
fuck yeah.
>people would be fine with that,
people are fine with that. You impotent "artists" are the only ones that get triggered tbphwyf.
>if you'd just be humble about it and realize that you have a shitload to learn
I am and I do understand that. I work everyday at that. You just don't fucking read and then write meaningless autistic essays full of fundamentally useless self-serving nonsense.
>but like Illastrat, you are being a man-baby,
projection lol. You're being a child-baby.
>defending and excusing all your flaws and being a stubborn little bitch about it.
Cry more bb
>this is what upsets me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gO7uemm6Yo

>> No.3656485

Imagine typing this bullshit for every post that upsets you.

>it
huh what you're not being specific
>helps
lmao go help yourself retard
>literally
as opposed to figuratively you total dumbass
>anyone
like you would talk to anyone faggot
>It'd
too lazy to type out the whole thing? get rekt
>help
still talking about help I see
>you.
yeah that's right give me a you

>> No.3656494
File: 1.40 MB, 2564x2594, 148. wood.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3656418
>the way you do it is one that guarantees a low-to-no-progress-curve.
Been a pretty big curve already. And as always I'll point out that it's part of my "quest for the novel aesthetic" and my theory that spiraling out to become an "expert" at doing things wrong can be a means to that end.
>at the top of your to-do list should be working on your mental health,
lol nope. Not wasting thousands of dollars a year on that shit. Americans don't really get the luxury of "working on mental health." Plus it's my mental "illness" being harvested in the paintings.
>your body hygiene,
I shower once a week whether I need it or not.
>cleanliness of your fucking derelict flat
what the fuck is up with you and your obsession about my living conditions? I bet you live with your mom.
>literally NO artist on a respectable level recommends using drugs -while- doing art.
Van Gogh did drugs -while- doing art. People do drugs CONSTANTLY-while- doing art. Caffeine, stimulants, mood stabilizers, anti-anxiety meds, pot, booze, etc. People do drugs -all the time- while working on stuff. Painting at bars is a whole industry now.

And I didn't come up with microdosing LSD to become more productive. An artist that I know was the one that suggested I try it. It doesn't make you trip. A normal trip level dose is like 100+ ug. You take like 4-10 ug when you're microdosing. It just improves focus and kills anxiety and depressive thoughts and stuff. Makes your mind work better. You should try it.

And of course you literally cannot read English so you'll probably just repeat the same shit again later.

>>3656423
>how we laughed
picts or it didn't happen

>> No.3656498
File: 281 KB, 1918x1625, 1538922012840.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3650475
absolutely based and artpilled

>> No.3656505
File: 1.91 MB, 2459x3335, 63. Bamman.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3656485
>Imagine typing this bullshit for every post that upsets you.
none of this is upsetting to me. This is something I enjoy doing when I'm procrastinating or bored.

It is funny though how much the things that I do literally upsets (You) though. You'll never make anything and you'll always be forced to externalize your butthurt about it that at the people that do. You're not upset with me. You're upset with yourself.

>> No.3656511

>>3656505
Ah yes, you make WALLS of text nitpicking over every little word because you enjoy it.

>> No.3656512

>>3656485
KEK

>> No.3656514

>>3656463
>prove it
>>3652891
>>3652871
>>3652595 dicknose, another traced mess
>>3652148 absolutely hate the egg shaped face in that one
>>3650857 chicken scratches + incapable of understanding form + tracing = this (applies to basically all, but shows esp. in this one)
>>3649623 ugh
>>3649536 looks like his face was smeared with ink

>> No.3656518
File: 1.87 MB, 3367x2636, 17. Cabin.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3656511
>Ah yes, you make WALLS of text nitpicking over every little word because you enjoy it.
yes exactly. It's a good way to think about stuff and bounce ideas off of things. Go point by point and reflect on the points being made and talk about them and stuff. It's a great way to internalize new ideas using external stimulus.

And not everyone is fucking illiterate m8. It's not actually difficult to type some shit out real quick. Particularly when it's about stuff that I've had a lot of time to think about already.

Plus it's a good way to filter out kids and ferners that don't have a solid grasp of the English language.

>> No.3656522
File: 1.41 MB, 3175x2542, 23. Godard Grief.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3656514
it's funny because you literally can not read.

alright I'm less hungover now I can probably play RDR2 without getting nauseous again.

>> No.3656523

>>3656518
>Plus it's a good way to filter out kids and ferners that don't have a solid grasp of the English language.
do you actually think your F+ highschool essays are hard to read? lol.

>> No.3656525
File: 1.22 MB, 3083x2395, 8. Tryhard Unfinished.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3656523
>do you actually think your F+ highschool essays are hard to read?
WHOA CHECK THIS GUY OUT HE CAN READ GOOD AS FUCK!

>> No.3656537

>>3656518
>yes exactly. It's a good way to think about stuff and bounce ideas off of things. Go point by point and reflect on the points being made and talk about them and stuff. It's a great way to internalize new ideas using external stimulus.
yes and you create artistic masterpieces every time you fill the toilet bowl with your diarrhea
Get a grip on yourself

>> No.3656541
File: 851 KB, 2794x2795, 119. If you get the opportunity you should kill yourself.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3656537
>yes and you create artistic masterpieces every time you fill the toilet bowl with your diarrhea
anything can be art my dude.
>Get a grip on yourself
Kill your self.

>> No.3656542
File: 131 KB, 480x529, 1531230994345.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>this fucking thread
Why are you anons giving this clown any attention.

>> No.3656545

>>3656542
I kinda like him, even if he is spergy sometimes. I saved a dozen of his paintings as reaction images.

>> No.3656551

>>3656541
I think this eyeless man would resonate incredibly well with your current staccato technique.

>> No.3656791
File: 109 KB, 350x309, 1539998099917.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3656542
You're a fool anon. This is the way of the land. People who enter are cursed to forever feed the troll. He will not leave, and those who satiate him make it so.

>> No.3656844

>shitting on the guy that basically carries this ghost town

>> No.3656892

Keep working on your meme 'schlock' epic ironic paintings and your eventually going to get called out by normies too for your repetitiveness. I honestly wouldn't mind too much if you did more of your original works such as the long legged dog and dog with carrot instead of grid tracing over celebrity figures. That just screams to me "HEY LOOK AT ME. I DREW MR FAMOUS, YOU KNOW MR FAMOUS RIGHT. COME LOOK AT ME", this is only compounded by almost each and every painting being a celebrity or meme image.

>> No.3656951
File: 2.49 MB, 4032x3024, chest eaters 5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3656892
>Keep working on your meme 'schlock' epic ironic paintings
will doo
> and your eventually
pfft *you're
>eventually going to get called out by normies too for your repetitiveness.
I'm not necessarily very repetitive though. It's got continuity but I'm doing different stuff constantly. Not to mention the beauty of meme painting is that there's always new ones. I'm a historian!
> I honestly wouldn't mind too much if you did more of your original works such as the long legged dog and dog with carrot
the long legged dog is the /i/ meme whose name I never remember. And the dog and cat guys are just ripping off Goya. Planning on doing a bunch more Goya things though.
>That just screams to me "HEY LOOK AT ME. I DREW MR FAMOUS, YOU KNOW MR FAMOUS RIGHT. COME LOOK AT ME"
Yeah and then the goof is that I use the attention to insanely rant about how time is entropy and humanity is collapsing and the internet was a mistake and stuff.
> this is only compounded by almost each and every painting being a celebrity or meme image.
they're (mostly) all solicited. I was mostly just doing stuff that anons said to do.

Plus the whole first act in the Van Gogh race is "the peasant paintings." Van Gogh spent the first ~5 years living in the country making ugly un-commissioned paintings of peasants and laborers wrong, and circlejerking about how industrialization is dooming humanity and everything.

This has been my squeakquel adaption of that. It's a subversion goof! Whereas he painted peasants "wrong" I paint copyrighted images of celebrities and meme faces from a toxic website! The celebrities are the peasants! (You) are the peasants! We're all the peasants man!

And overexplaining jokes can be funny probably!

anyhoo yeah the number of celebrity meme portraits is going to be dropping as I spiral out over acts 2 and 3. Got a lot more art knockoff memes on the docket. Everything is gonna scale up and out hopefully.

>> No.3657029

>>3656298
this response is enough. i know for certain now there is no helping you. there is no argument to be had here, and im not debating you, you're just a terminally stupid and talentless person who seems to be dedicated to their own stagnation. the advice was not an argument, but you seem to view criticism as a sort of debate to be won. its not. i have no doubt youll try and argue with this but i dont care. Its genuinely sad what you're doing and the time and effort you waste on these paintings, but no criticism will reach you, no attempt to make you face the reality will ground you.

>> No.3657133

>>3649527
the nose is off a tiny bit

>> No.3657431
File: 1.88 MB, 2371x3090, 40. Costanza at Bat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3657029
>this response is enough
it's never enough is it?
> i know for certain now there is no helping you.
if you say so.
>there is no argument to be had here, and im not debating you,
I'm just responding to stuff.
>you're just a terminally stupid and talentless person
i'll haf you kno that muh brain number has 3 digits!
> who seems to be dedicated to their own stagnation.
but I'm pretty dedicated to evolution and scheduling for growth and stuff.
> the advice was not an argument
saying someone is "dedicated to their own stagnation" from ignorance is arguing words. Saying I show "only disrespect to the craft" is uppity arguing words.
>but you seem to view criticism as a sort of debate to be won. its not.
there's no winners here. And yeah I can just be like "hey thanks for calling me a moronic narcissist that makes stomach turningly awful paintings I appreciate the feedback!" you seem to think that being belligerent and offensive and offering uselessly vague art101 "advice" is meaningful critique. Tisn't.
>i have no doubt youll try and argue with this but i dont care
It's how I read.
>Its genuinely sad what you're doing and the time and effort you waste on these paintings,
said the person that has nothing to show for themselves while they lecture people that do.
> but no criticism will reach you,
You act like a bumptious dipshit, and your "criticism" is coming from a place of mild hostility and ignorance.
>no attempt to make you face the reality will ground you.
well yeah I don't care about the faggot do-nothing "reality" that you use to justify to yourself why you don't produce anything. You've got a watertrash mind and a poisoned sense of self. You're not going to make it.

>> No.3657695

>>3656951
>chest eaters
come on man when are you doing this? your second iteration paintings have been vastly superior so you might as well practice it

>> No.3657898

>>3657695
It's just like his Selftember thing, he'll spam it on every thread he steps in, then ends up not doing it.

>> No.3659504
File: 1.76 MB, 3225x2539, 67. Toby Undone.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3657695
>come on man when are you doing this?
idk I have a lot of anxiety about it. Don't want one to end.
>>3657898
I did it for the first week. Then I started spiraling out into dead dog stuff and then by 9/11 I completely went off the rails. Part of the problem 4 me was that it was also going with sobertember, which was a fucking hassle and a half. Being sober AND having to look at my fucking face was too much. Plus there were only like 2 other people that seemed interested and they disappeared so I didn't have any external motivation to keep going. Selftember 2019 tho. That shit gon git lit.

>> No.3659908

>>3659504
>idk I have a lot of anxiety about it. Don't want one to end.
just do a first round. if it's shit then it's still fine. I really like the improvement on the They Live.

>> No.3660674
File: 3.51 MB, 2914x3726, 188. cerseez nuts.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3659908
>just do a first round. if it's shit then it's still fine
you rite. Think I may slap some gesso undercoat on it just to do something. RDR2 has consumed me since Friday and I need to do something.

>> No.3660871
File: 343 KB, 1536x2048, 232. margot cry about it.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3652871
I've just been sitting here the last few days looking at Blue Lawrence. It feels like a high water mark. It feels like I did something. It feels like I did something that few others could do.

And then I look beyond it at everything else I've done. And what I want to do. And what I want to be.

And I feel inspired. I feel shamed. I feel a general awareness of my place in the universe.

I just colored in the lines different than I had before. But it's different and the lines me more to me. Nothing matters more than what I'm making. I exist outside of the person I'm forced to be. Just for an instance.

https://youtu.be/FI5xme5k5AQ

This is a few-times-in-a-lifetime situation personally. Nothing else really matters. My soul is prepared.

>> No.3660954
File: 1.87 MB, 3391x2631, 253. void.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

the future of media consumption is illegal. We are in the end stages of the wild west period of the internet revolution.

All the land has been gotten. We're in the end of an era.

From here is nothing but subversion and diversion from and around the control of the government-captrued industries that control the media. This is the wild west of political subversive influence. The internet was a mistake.

The point is that we're at the forefront of a new era of innovation and creation and industrial growth in ways and directions that we're only JUST starting to appreciate.

Everything is fundamentally going to change in our lifetimes. We will be seen as one of the most significant generations in the history of western humanity. We are the make or break generation.

We either regain our humanity or the future is lost to selfless corporatism. We've never been closer to the brink.

>> No.3660964
File: 1.86 MB, 3536x2819, 6. Herr Doctor Frankenschtein.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3660954
>tfw it's already too late.
>tfw we get to watch it all actually collapse.
>tfw life is destruction.
>tfw death is perfection.
https://youtu.be/Bpdwwa7lsUI

>> No.3660983
File: 2.01 MB, 3333x2804, 62. Drunk Draper.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

alcoholism was a mistake

>> No.3660994
File: 2.11 MB, 2783x3536, 261. I beat the shit out of some kids today.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've done nothing since Thursday. I've not wanted to work on nothing in production. I've not wanted to work on anything new.

Every day without production is a day spent further diving into murk and blackness of nothingness.

Constantly winding myself closer to the great bamboozle with nothing to show for myself when I get there.

It's all down here from here.

https://youtu.be/1vrEljMfXYo

>> No.3661014
File: 2.61 MB, 2650x3344, 194. mackengeez.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

https://youtu.be/IA_ubhYgjAc

>> No.3661452
File: 2.86 MB, 2852x3793, 205. yeesh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

fuck I need to quit drinking. I'm such a cringey faggot

>> No.3661454

>>3661452
I find that whenever I go out on a bender I end up losing all motivation for things like drawing, and I justify shitty things like bad food and not doing shit on being hungover, then I just stay like that. I don't know what it's like drinking every day or whatever you do but yeah, cut that shit out imo.

>> No.3661461
File: 2.00 MB, 3388x2684, 221. pffffft.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3661454
sometimes being hungover and cringing about muh self helps a little bit to get the gears grinding on creative stuff. Something about being hungover and having the mind dulled and foggy can be good for just sitting there and painting idk. Kind of a self-loathing zen meme maybe.

But yeah generally I just feel like poop doodoo and nothing good gets did.

>> No.3661505
File: 1.80 MB, 4032x3024, pumpkin.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

tfw I was originally going to do like 10 pumpkins this year and still haven't done one on halloween day

>> No.3661566
File: 577 KB, 2798x2798, halloween 2017 pumpkin.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

how do you go from this

>> No.3661568 [DELETED] 
File: 1.77 MB, 4032x3024, 2018 halloween 1978 pumpkin.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

to this?

>> No.3661569
File: 1.25 MB, 3155x2750, 2018 halloween 1978 pumpkin.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

too this?

>> No.3662194

Can you stop making /ic/ your own personal blog? Jfc.

>> No.3663138
File: 1.21 MB, 2437x3092, 7. Squints Suspiciously.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3662194
>Jfc.
pls anon this is a christian server

>> No.3663154

>>3663138
so what's this month's theme?

>> No.3663281
File: 1.25 MB, 3088x2320, 1536075523631.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3662194
>Can you stop making /ic/ your own personal blog? Jfc.
No. Who are you and why should I care?
>>3663138
>pls anon this is a christian server
imposter. huzzah! should i feel flattered?
>>3663154
>so what's this month's theme?
good question, spadeezle spadoozle! huzzAH! I'm going to lean in and spearment some more, painting more memes, making obvious beginners mistakes on porpoise. yeah same old i guess. wabi sabi! and i was going to create an entirely new challenge, becaws fock these standard challenges tbqhwyfac, right? I'm going to not wash for the whole of November and on top of that, I'm going to cake my body with cat feces from my dear snuggly buggly catto security guard.

I don't think you guys understand what kind of a genius I am.

>> No.3663290
File: 60 KB, 197x213, LHMDraw.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.3663634
File: 2.84 MB, 2959x3670, 227. Quiet!.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3663281
tldr you seem upset

>> No.3664978
File: 2.02 MB, 2729x3532, 64. Manning Face.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3663154
honestly idk. nokillyourself november maybe?

I want to shave this month and I've been kind of planning on it the whole time but I still haven't filmed anything using the beard meme and that was the whole caveat.

Fuck November tbphwyf

>> No.3665030

>>3664978
how about No Internet November?
Everyone would benefit from that

>> No.3665042

>>3665030
Too late now, maybe next year :^)

>> No.3665122
File: 808 KB, 1840x2327, 104. JUST.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3665030
everyone WOULD benefit from escaping the intranette tbphwyf. We're in the midst of an industrial revolution that is fundamentally altering human cognition and behavior. Potentially nearing the end stages of humanity. It's all cancer.

That shit aint my fault though.

>> No.3665232
File: 1.89 MB, 1920x796, bladerunner angry k.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3649531
fuck I need to work on this one but I'm crippled by indecision. Should I do stacatto strokes like the OP or >>3652613
or do a more schmeary thing like >>3652595
or try and do something like >>3651745 or should it just look more blended like hint at realism like >>3651394 or whatever the fuck >>3652871 is

should I do a bit of a dramatic layer of reds now and then put skin on top what kind of texture should the background be and should I stick with trying to make the background color the /tv/ background color wtf even is that ahhhhhh

>> No.3665244
File: 2.99 MB, 3923x2940, drak non 3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

mfw dirty brushes at the beginning of the day

>> No.3665245
File: 2.71 MB, 4032x3024, drak si 3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

mfw dirty brushes at the end of the day

>> No.3665253

>>3665232
>crazy gosling emotional reaction
it should pop out and have zazz like They Live imo but Pat Bateman would be my second choice

>> No.3665291
File: 2.34 MB, 4032x3024, ahhhhhh 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3649531
>>3665232
>>3665253
not feeling super confident with what I goofswhoopsied myself into doing tbphwyf. Hopefully itll look better once it's basically all covered up.

>> No.3665303

>>3665291
those two styles seem to be stronger so probably better off practicing the others anyhow. you maybe should or shouldn't listen to a damn word I say. nice progress btw.

>> No.3665378
File: 2.39 MB, 4032x3024, ahhhhhh 3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3665303
>>3665291
>>3649531
like it's weird because I felt like I was getting close when I started it and then I was in a totally different mood today and now it's turned into an entirely different thing that just adds like 4 more steps (that may very well all end up being covered.

it's just this constant process of "ok well I basically fucked up what I was doing but if I future me does everything ideally it could look cool.

If there's a benefit to that work style it's that there's never really a point where I feel like I "ruined it." There's always the possibility that it'll be "fixed" in the future or whatever.

Like >>3651099 is an example of one that at one point looked insane and then I put the skin on it and it looks breddy good 2me idk.

art is so fucking stupid I hate it.

>> No.3665434
File: 2.17 MB, 3078x3024, just nintendo it 3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

tfw extra paint

>> No.3665643
File: 1.82 MB, 3584x1771, 50. Stop, Invincible Son.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i still want to die lol

https://youtu.be/RXdF9uhVrI0

>> No.3665647
File: 1.09 MB, 2780x2214, IMG_2991.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

WE PLAY WITH ONE BULLET

glad the round was empty tbphwyf im not supposed to lose the finger for another 2 years

>> No.3665651

>>3665647
Use a semiautomatic next time.

>> No.3665658

>>3665647
not sure if you need to hear something from someone but you shouldn't do that

>> No.3665662 [DELETED] 
File: 2.87 MB, 1000x392, case of the sundays.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

its ok i just tried shooting myself in the jaw twice and still got empty chambers.

Took the bullet out now. happy sunday.

>> No.3666845

>>3665651
^^^^

>> No.3666846

>>3665647
do this 12 more times with your painting hand please

>> No.3666985

>>3665647
>my body is ready
quite poetic jimbeaux but I would much prefer more paintings before blowing a hand off

>> No.3669622

>>3665647
you're right handed though who cares

>> No.3669911

>>3663634
>yes no
>maybe
>i don't know
>can you repeat the question

>> No.3669922

Epic

>> No.3670376
File: 15 KB, 321x321, 1538273545252.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3669922
ebin

>> No.3670413
File: 2.25 MB, 2836x2810, keenan judgement underdrawing.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3665647
what a doobus

>> No.3670416
File: 2.32 MB, 2824x2918, jlaw stretchface underdrawing.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJUhlRoBL8M

>> No.3670418
File: 2.22 MB, 2871x2866, gal kek underdrawing.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I miss tracing desu

>> No.3670530
File: 2.35 MB, 3024x3024, ricky smokek underdrawing grid.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.3670531
File: 2.12 MB, 2970x2894, leo nicholson underdrawing grid.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

don't have any 12x16s so I decided to just do a whole bunch of the 12x12s I had saved since I stil have a bunch of those panels

>> No.3670538

>whole batch incoming
nice, looks like you got your mojo back

>> No.3670649
File: 2.56 MB, 3927x2947, november 18 gesso blaster.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3670413
>>3670416
>>3670418
>>3670530
>>3670531
>>3670538
as my filipino step mom used to say, "don't count your hatches."

>> No.3670753
File: 1.59 MB, 2939x2781, gal kek violet.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

next i blue it i reckon

>> No.3670815
File: 1.86 MB, 4032x3024, IMG_3034.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

https://youtu.be/3KNsBCf34fQ

>> No.3670823
File: 513 KB, 1000x1341, Monkey-On-A-Chain,-Seated.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bb0k9HgQxc

>> No.3670851
File: 1.71 MB, 4032x3024, atlantis end of the line(act 2 concept).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

https://youtu.be/9AUEjzVQwKo

>> No.3670855
File: 3.21 MB, 3024x4032, atlantis cover concept pen.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3670851
that's the second act where the characters are trying to recover disabled boats drifting out into the sea past the light tower they're stranded on.

Third act involves the protagonist having to scuba swim their way to shore from the light tower and features a night shark sequence.

>> No.3670859
File: 1.60 MB, 3024x4032, A Girl And Her Dog Pen Title Concept.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3670855
and then there's a sequel called A Girl and Her Dog that's a post apocalypse spoof on A: the movie A Boy and His Dog, and B: a spoof on the whole "remake a movie but with girl protagonists" meme.

https://youtu.be/pey29CLID3I

>> No.3670883

>>3670851
That song will always just make me think of the shinebox scene from Goodfellas. Billy Batts would actually be a pretty good meme face to paint imo.

>>3670855
I see. Hence your fascination with that lighthouse keeper song.

>> No.3670927
File: 451 KB, 576x1728, atlantis march 2 column trailer.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3670883
>That song will always just make me think of the shinebox scene from Goodfellas.
yeah basically every song I like is either connected to a movie reference or a movie idea.
>Billy Batts would actually be a pretty good meme face to paint imo.
yeah Iprobably gotta do it at some point.
>I see. Hence your fascination with that lighthouse keeper song.
yeah and it's also just a random song that plays in a scene in A Clockwork Orange.

idk I write and envision movie ideas and concepts and stuff by listening to weird music and getting it attached to things I was thinking about so I can play the song and get back into that headspface.

>> No.3670941
File: 1.85 MB, 3024x4032, berserker concept pen.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

A lot of muh story ideas are even named after the songs they're related to.

Like Oblivion, about a Russian girl who comes to the US on a work visa for the summer and gets involved in prostitution and sex slavery and stuff, is based on an idea I had in 2009 but the song Oblivion by Grimes is kind of my go-to reference point for the kind of tone of it. Plus it's about death and mutual destruction and stuff so the title Oblivion fits pretty wells.
https://youtu.be/JtH68PJIQLE

And the story for Atlantis is based on a story I came up with while sailing in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean when I was like 16, then modified a few years ago to be about a light tower when a news story about the Chesapeake Light Tower being for sale made me to write a story that could use it as a location.

Then a story i came up with in 2012 called Freelancer uses The Boxer by Simon and Garfunkel as the muse or whatever. https://youtu.be/l3LFML_pxlY

Then a story I wrote in 2017 is a sequel to Freelancer where it's like a Hearts of Darkness story in Atlantic City as Freelancer descends into madness infiltrating the criminal underworld in search for Irina (the protagonist from Oblivion and love interest in Berserker). So like the ON-J/ELO song playing over a bunch of grungy ghetto violence and a casino heist. https://youtu.be/LDxcfTm1QTc

And then the Berserker Trilogy is a bunch of shit. Like for the first one (Part 3) it's https://youtu.be/98XRKr19jIE

Then the second one (Berserker Part 1) is maybe 99 luftbalons or Der Kommissar https://youtu.be/8-bgiiTxhzM (it rips off godfather 2's structure with flashbacks/forwards except it's flashing back in time to the characters when they are older).

Berserker Part 1 is the big Akira resolution where the 2 protagonists are now at odds and have to do battle. https://youtu.be/t08RN2yPJik

Then there's also Reflektor which is like an extra movie that further explores what happens in the end of the first Berserker https://youtu.be/7E0fVfectDo

>> No.3670956
File: 1.56 MB, 1014x800, johnson nod.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

then there's Loyalist, which happens between the first and second Berserker, where the characters are hiding out in the bahamas and interact with the protagonist, Wyennie, who is a white descendent of a Loyalist family that owns a tourist shop. Whole movie is about the characters debating whether to flee or stay true to their family and ideology and stuff while the world falls apart and a hurricane looms. https://youtu.be/p8aH3YJGhwU

And then Complex, which take place between the second and third Berserker, is a post-collapse movie about an anarcho-sydicalist society that lives in an Apartment complex and their conflicts with other groups and the military. The inciting action involves them having to investigate why their communication line has been severed. Turns into a Full Metal Jacket/Warriors type of adventure as the group fights to get home, protect it, and then fight back. https://youtu.be/77R1Wp6Y_5Y

Then the Freelancer/Girl with her dog stories wrap up in a movie about them finding each other and falling in love in time to watch existence reset. https://youtu.be/cDIRT_NEMxo

>> No.3670959
File: 3.04 MB, 300x279, milla rage.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

oh and then there's hivemind which is a zombie movie about internet addiction that takes during and immidiately after the events of the first Berserker movie. Story is about memetics and social control and the dilemma of what to do if people are just pretending to be zombies and refusing to stop. The roving hoard reappears in Complex and the last Berserker.
https://youtu.be/4f_olfZTbMo
https://youtu.be/RQkc2Qql91o

>> No.3671182

You're a sad little man, Jim and you have my pity.

>> No.3671206
File: 768 KB, 3516x2753, 284. lilly shrug.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3671182
>pity.
see 275. i dont think about you at all
>>3650621

>> No.3671401

>>3670959
>>3670956
>>3670941
sounds bananas. You should turn all that shit into something coherent.

>> No.3671418

>>3671206
I don't understand why so much of your life revolves around celebrities. is this what you want to bring into the world?

>> No.3671426
File: 3.05 MB, 4032x3024, 228. with friends like these.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

berserker universe stories in order

Oblivion
Freelancer
Berserker Part 3
Atlantis
Hivemind
Loyalist
Berserker Part 1
Entropy (Reflektor)
A Girl and Her Dog
Kompound
Xanadu
Berserker Part 2

>> No.3671464
File: 1.95 MB, 2414x3116, 53. Heavy Shit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3671418
>I don't understand why so much of your life revolves around celebrities.
It doesn't really. They're just free subjects, plus the overwhelming majority of them are reaction images that were either solicited or stolen from anons on /tv/. I'm pretty much always more interested in the underlying meme or concept or whatever. Plus celebrities are generally pretty attractive and well-put-together and in ideal production environments, which is nice, particularly for me to turn into ugly half-finished paintings about them. And enjoy the subversiveness of when they're demonstrating their anxiety or being goofy or demonstrating their humanity or whatever.

>is this what you want to bring into the world?
Sure. Why not paint reaction images? Why not make exact proportioned paintings of copyrighted images that I don't own?

Ultimately muh goal is to use the paintings "to bring into the world" personal and social context and potentially new or novel ideas about humanity and existence and stuff that may help others as we barrel into the internet revolution and a new stage of human existence that we are fundamentally unprepared for.

And then from a personal philosophical perspective, it's proof that I existed! Production is the meaning of life. It's the Sisyphean struggle against entropy.

>> No.3671488

>>3671426
I don’t know if anyone would buy something like that, but it’s drfinitely good gallery bait/fodder. Your painting is improving

>> No.3671505

Could you at least keep your cringeworthy paintings in your own threads instead of avatarfagging them around the whole board? You're calling them memes but you're the only one spreading these cancerous pictures. Always accompanied by your cheeky remarks. You're like that gross uncle who keeps walking around the house in his underwear and releasing gas in the loudest way possible. I bet you have a beer can collection.

>> No.3671607
File: 2.64 MB, 3609x2899, 278. where do you think you are 1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3671505
>Could you at least keep your cringeworthy paintings in your own threads instead of avatarfagging them around the whole board?
uhh pic related
>You're calling them memes but you're the only one spreading these cancerous pictures
I see other people shitpost them. And they're memes regardless of how they're transmitted.
>Always accompanied by your cheeky remarks.
Sorry ur upset I guess?
>You're like that gross uncle who keeps walking around the house in his underwear and releasing gas in the loudest way possible.
I smell exceptionally bad right now tbphwyf
>I bet you have a beer can collection.
I drink vodka and rum. beer is too much of a hassle. There's a collection of vodka bottles in my recycle bin though.

Hope you feel better!

>> No.3671609
File: 799 KB, 4032x3024, 289. the cunt that knew it was fucked.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3671488
yeah I got a couple of politik memes that pretty much nobody would really care about probably.
>but it’s drfinitely good gallery bait/fodder
yepyepyep I reckon

>> No.3671614
File: 2.81 MB, 3024x3759, 180. kaseydceez nuts.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3671488
heres another cable news meme. Goes with >>3652959

It's not connected to the "Fox News anchors listening to difficult news breaking reaction images" series though. It's part of the "MSNBC anchors reacting sarcastically" series.

And then I also have a few planned for a "CNN anchors looking bewildered" series.

>> No.3671616
File: 2.53 MB, 3939x2956, fellow kids underdrawing grid.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3671505
>You're like that gross uncle
just started pic related a few hours ago btw

>> No.3671888

Honestly I enjoy your endless bipolar threads anon. Every time I see this thread getting bumped it's like "what crazy shit is the meme guy doing now."

>> No.3671992
File: 1.86 MB, 3024x3024, good kek underdrawing grid.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3671888
>Honestly I enjoy your endless bipolar threads anon.
not me tho

>> No.3672094
File: 1.40 MB, 3024x3024, oblivion irina concept sketch.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

https://youtu.be/j5oaCPCqN3Y

>> No.3672126
File: 2.35 MB, 4026x2778, oblivion teaser poster concept sketch.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3672094
https://youtu.be/lqq3BtGrpU8

>> No.3673236

>>3672126
you should do your concept shit more. Turn it into a comic or something.